• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10172 users

Increased Discussions at Blizzard Regarding Skins - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
July 31 2014 10:35 GMT
#41
Skins! Hats! Flags! Decals! Animations! Unlockables! Portraits! Penises!

Seriously, I like it. Of course, it should be possible to turn off all the fluff, but it adds some flavour to the game. And you don't have to buy that shit to enjoy the game. And Blizzard gets money. So everybody's happy.

I am happy.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
July 31 2014 10:40 GMT
#42
On July 31 2014 19:29 [LYF] TN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2014 19:16 ETisME wrote:
I am fairly sure it is going to happen.
Heroes are their main focus and most features if not all can be ported to sc2.
It servers as a perfect testing ground for them.

Hope I am not wrong on this


I remember DB said in a Heroes interview recently that it would be possible to port the functionality to spectate live games back to Starcraft, but that no-one was looking at it right now. I'd imagine theyre saving stuff up for LotV at this point.

Yup thats why I am not bothered by blizzard effort at heroes at all.
All those features can benefit sc2 too
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Sapphire.lux
Profile Joined July 2010
Romania2620 Posts
July 31 2014 10:48 GMT
#43
If you can turn them off/on from ladder play then why not.
Head Coach Park: "They should buff tanks!"
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
July 31 2014 10:51 GMT
#44
On July 31 2014 18:09 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Fuck no. If they add skins/hats, I want button to switch them off so I don't need to see them.


I want a button to turn them off now. I cannot stand the Zergling skin.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
July 31 2014 10:52 GMT
#45
On July 31 2014 18:34 LastManProductions wrote:
Why are people against skins/cosmetics? If they are distracting you to much, maybe you should look into some ADD medication...


Because a progamer doesn't want to be distracted by suddenly seeing other skins. You might believe or not believe it, but change no matter how minimal it is can distract you and slow down your decisions
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
July 31 2014 10:55 GMT
#46
On July 31 2014 19:51 NarutO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2014 18:09 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Fuck no. If they add skins/hats, I want button to switch them off so I don't need to see them.


I want a button to turn them off now. I cannot stand the Zergling skin.

The zergling skin is really poorly made tbh. The marine one is OK, so is the zealot (but since the zealot one is ugly as fuck I never see it).
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
July 31 2014 10:58 GMT
#47
But there a lot of skins that you can implement that won't annoy anyone, like Building Skins, you can make different creep textures, creep tumour, funny overlords or queens, more badass t3 units for carriers, BCs, etc... These, unlike zealots, zerglings, marines, don't have such a huge impact on the memory and on the view.
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
July 31 2014 11:03 GMT
#48
Considering how street fighter, tf2, lol and dota 2 are heavily skinnable, the argument aboutabout affecting pro seems very weak
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
July 31 2014 11:05 GMT
#49
I like hats, but my PC doesn't.
TJ31
Profile Joined October 2012
630 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-31 11:15:36
July 31 2014 11:14 GMT
#50
I'm sure when (not if, since I'm sure it's going to happen) they'll add them, there won't be an option to disable them, just like there's no option for existing skins and no such option in Dota 2, LoL etc (at least I believe so, don't really play/watch those).

Lots of people buying skins to show off, so what's the point to buy one if you'll know that everyone can just switch to the basic ones?
I hope they'll force tournaments to use default ones though, but even that is not likely. What's the best place to promote your skins? 20-30k stream sounds about right.
Rococo
Profile Joined May 2011
United States331 Posts
July 31 2014 11:30 GMT
#51
I'd be more excited about this if Blizzard had better artists working on SC2. Blizzard should outsource to get someone to make some Terran vehicle models that don't look like they're made out legos.
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
July 31 2014 11:30 GMT
#52
Increase prize pool for Blizzcon and make iot match Ti4 :D

make sc2 popular again D:
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
MajorBiscuit
Profile Joined April 2010
83 Posts
July 31 2014 11:36 GMT
#53
How about this as a way of implementing skins. The player gets to choose what sort of skin both his own units and the opponents units wear. In this way, those who are worried about confusing skins can choose to view only the ones they want or are used to.
Ovid
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
United Kingdom948 Posts
July 31 2014 11:44 GMT
#54
I'm all for this as long as they do a similar thing to dota and make official blizzcon merch that boosts the prizepool.
I will make Yogg Saron priest work...
[BSP]Kain
Profile Joined May 2014
119 Posts
July 31 2014 11:54 GMT
#55
On July 31 2014 18:09 TheBloodyDwarf wrote:
Fuck no. If they add skins/hats, I want button to switch them off so I don't need to see them.


This.

IMO adding skins are OK, it gives some variety for people who care about such stuff, but there has to be button to switch it off. I hate seeing them on my screen (zerglings are so annoying...) and I don't know many people who enjoy it.
rotta
Profile Joined December 2011
5652 Posts
July 31 2014 12:41 GMT
#56
I thought the party hats were cute for one day, but come on. Let the kids have their shiny things, but please include an option to turn them off. Prizepool boosting sounds good.
don't wall off against random
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-31 12:48:37
July 31 2014 12:46 GMT
#57
On July 31 2014 18:19 Faust852 wrote:
One step closer to F2P, always a good thing.

Yep, I agree with this.

I think they should fully embrace it, and any other micro transactions/rewards for activity they can think of. Yeah you need an option to turn it off, otherwise you'd be limiting yourself with how creative you can get, which would suck.

Also, where the automated tournaments at? It's been like 4 years, WC3 had them. Why no 2v2 or FFA support (again, WC3 had way better functionality for team games and ffa ladder). Think they are missing out on a lot of stuff that would keep people playing.

(I've been playing some 2v2 lately which is why I'm feeling disappointed at how poor battle.net is from a casual standpoint. Back inbetween when I quit SC1 and started SC2, me and a friend used to play a ton of 2v2 automated tournaments, we both sucked at WC3 but it was still really fun).
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
shell
Profile Joined October 2010
Portugal2722 Posts
July 31 2014 12:47 GMT
#58
I like these things but i don't need them and i hate the party hats they put on!

We should be able to turn them off
BENFICA || Besties: idra, Stephano, Nestea, Jaedong, Serral, Jinro, Scarlett || Zerg <3
Gwavajuice
Profile Joined June 2014
France1810 Posts
July 31 2014 12:54 GMT
#59
Maru vs Sleep in proleague :

Maru does his trademark proxy hatch, sleep is prepared, workers fight ensues and then everybody ,esp the viewers, thinks : "OMG can we remove these silly party hats? Oo"

Sc2 is about identifying, selecting, clicking and managing plenty of very small units, adding skings can really mess the game up, hope Blizzard know what they're doing ....
Dear INno and all the former STX boys.
Inflicted
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia18228 Posts
July 31 2014 12:54 GMT
#60
On July 31 2014 20:14 TJ31 wrote:
I'm sure when (not if, since I'm sure it's going to happen) they'll add them, there won't be an option to disable them, just like there's no option for existing skins and no such option in Dota 2, LoL etc (at least I believe so, don't really play/watch those).

Lots of people buying skins to show off, so what's the point to buy one if you'll know that everyone can just switch to the basic ones?
I hope they'll force tournaments to use default ones though, but even that is not likely. What's the best place to promote your skins? 20-30k stream sounds about right.


Don't know about Dota2, but LoL designs skins so that their silhouettes are unique and easily recognised.
Based on the party hats, can't say Blizzard gives a shit about that.
Liquipedia"Expert"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1116
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 259
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King316
hungrybox129
Other Games
summit1g9486
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 191
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo636
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 59m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 59m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.