• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:46
CEST 18:46
KST 01:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7257 users

Welcome to ZParcraft II - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
1376 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 67 68 69 Next
PPN
Profile Joined August 2011
France248 Posts
June 29 2014 12:14 GMT
#41
On June 29 2014 21:03 FeyFey wrote:
I liked the theDwf warning at the start of the article, guess some missed that. ^^;

So a warning at the start of the article should allow him to whine at will and fuel the hatred of pretty much most of Terran players?

Don't get me wrong. I think he is generally right in the statement that Terran has issues. But the way he says it and some of the incredibly biaised arguments and examples he uses makes me question the purpose of this editorial. At first when I read the headlines I thought it was an elaborate joke but unlike the great book of Protoss bullshit, this looks pretty self-serious to me. I don't think another witch hunt is the right way to make SC2 a better place.
SwansGoMoo
Profile Joined October 2011
United States145 Posts
June 29 2014 12:19 GMT
#42
On June 29 2014 21:12 MiniFotToss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2014 20:53 Superouman wrote:
The age of GomTvT is long past.


Thanks for pointing that out, you guys who think Terran needs to be on top again is stupid, Terran already had its prime, time for P&Z to have some glory, maybe terran will get some back in LOTS, but now it


Do you realize how dumb of an argument you're making? The game should be balanced, not have races take turns being strong and weak. Nobody wants GOMTvT to return. We just want more equal representation.

On June 29 2014 20:49 PPN wrote:
While I share the opinion (and I think nobody can disagree with it) that there is an issue with Terran at pro level, I'm definitely baffled by some of your arguments and skewed numbers just to prove your points. I am too lazy to list them in a neat way and I think you are perfectly aware of what you are doing. There is really no need to do that to make your statement.

You are neither helping the cause (something must definitely be done for Terran, and I personally don't believe boring campfest mech is the key) nor promoting a healthy behaviour on forums and ladder. So many players already assume they lose because their race is weak, not because they are terrible at SC2 (regardless of whether it be true or not, it is just not the right mindset).

I'm enjoying less and less playing ladder and reading forum, twitter and stuff about SC2, not because the game is not fun anymore, but because the number of bad mannered jerks increased. It's becoming irationnal and this is fueling their self-entitlement.

And I can pretty much agree with this. Terran is in a somewhat bad place right now, but people really need to stop whining about it. The avilo's of the world do a lot more harm than good with their constant crying about Protoss and/or Zerg.
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
June 29 2014 12:22 GMT
#43
Nobody can stop the terran, WE WILL RESURFACE AND OWN NERDS.
Where is my ACE flair
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
June 29 2014 12:22 GMT
#44
Really really good article. Took me 45 mins. I'm sure you could argue about a lot of points, but I really like the way this article looks at the overall picture of what the various patches changed.

Great insight.
We know nothing.
Thyrym
Profile Joined December 2013
89 Posts
June 29 2014 12:23 GMT
#45
So that post basically disregard ANY of P or Z skill level, gets a whole page dedicated to shit on TALENTED players ( soO for instance ) and funny enough is that a lot people praise it.
Even more funny is that whenever you play ladder as P or Z, if you win , you get shat by the PROTOSS OP or A MOVE ZERG SCRUB catch-phrase by the so nice, good mannered and skillfull terran community.
It feels like that according to the terran community is:
soO = No Talent
Rain = No Talent
Zest = No Talent
And in the moment im writing this, bbyong made a series of stupid mistakes vs Soulkey, STILL '' Zerg OP''
Absolutly annoying.
Picasso
Profile Joined October 2013
Korea (South)52 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-29 13:01:33
June 29 2014 12:24 GMT
#46
First, people are easy to forget that the era when Terran was considered most OP is probably the longest (since Beta up to a good majority of 2011, even Blizzard included a statement in their April Fools' patch notes that they fixed a bug in which Terran players could lose), so the era of "OP" is pretty fair for Terran Zerg and Protoss.

Second, a lot of pros' perspectives are being ignored. Maru's best matchup is TvP, INnoVation mentioned in an interview that he never thought Terran was particularly bad, and the current rank 1 GM in Korea is a Terran.

I do think something needs to be done about Terran in order to make their mechanics a bit easier (I think their engagement micro is the most difficult among the three races). But at the same time I don't think anybody particularly thinks it's currently easy to face a Terran on ladder or a tournament as of now. Mistakes being unforgiven? What about Terran drops annihilating an entire mineral line because the player didn't pay attention for 3 seconds, think that's unforgiving enough? As a toss player, I have ~41% winrate against Terran in ladder and even in Korean forums like PlayXP, no Protoss player says "yeah Terrans are basically freewins on ladder. 1A ez" EVER.

I have a lot of Terran players I like and would like a small adjustment to balance, as I think from tournament results they are a bit underpowered (although I suck at PvT personally), but it's not like the race is unplayable. People are too quick to exaggerate the state of the game

Edit: according to recent stats, the 3 races have very similar numbers of players, so I deleted my previous argument about Protoss having more GMs cuz they have more players.
Tosster
Profile Joined August 2011
Poland299 Posts
June 29 2014 12:24 GMT
#47
Overrustle

User was warned for this post
FlyingSheeP
Profile Joined March 2011
China45 Posts
June 29 2014 12:24 GMT
#48
I missed the time when Zergs and Protosses whining about Thor/Tank/Widow Mines damages...
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~
Deleted User 261926
Profile Joined April 2012
960 Posts
June 29 2014 12:24 GMT
#49
The odd feeling when you know deep down soo would beat maru in tvt.
ReMinD_
Profile Joined May 2013
Croatia846 Posts
June 29 2014 12:26 GMT
#50
Wow, this is the ultimate balance whine and feels like it belongs in Designated Balance Discussion Thread.

While it's obvious to anyone that Terran is weaker than other races right now, I can't stand all this portrayal of Terran race as one requiring the ultimate skill while other races are a-moving ones. It's hard to take this article seriously when every paragraph has a cleverly concealed balance whine. Every game is analyzed with strict bias towards Terran. If you go and write a doctorate as to why Terran is weak, at least try to pretend to be objective.
Parting: Well, even I can make better maps than these.
Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
June 29 2014 12:28 GMT
#51
Yes, there are many good points but the amount of hate makes it unreadable.
Cheeseling
Profile Joined March 2012
Ukraine132 Posts
June 29 2014 12:30 GMT
#52
Despite the fact that I'm a zerg player i agree that it's frustrating how little micro it takes nowadays especially in comparison to ZvZ bane wars. It's a pity that DK decide that it's a good ide to make zerg do some brain dead crap like injecting larvae on autopilot instead of micro to make players hands artificially busy.

And it's absolutely outrageous how TvP coin-flippy nature blooms at the ladder. Protoss player can choose heads or tails and be the grand master of one build while terran has to master all the counters for both heads and tails + be able to predict RNG.
TheScriptan
Profile Joined June 2014
Lithuania152 Posts
June 29 2014 12:31 GMT
#53
Maybe Terran is balanced, but to play them needs almost perfect games, like few mistakes for terran might be a lose for terran, but for other races if you do few mistakes you still have that chance.
Pegas
Profile Joined April 2012
Romania211 Posts
June 29 2014 12:31 GMT
#54
Wow alot of effort went into the main topic props to TheDwf.

This is just like BW ending deja-vu all over again and this is starting to go onto an abrupt ending.
Funny thing is Terran was op just with the Korean apm, rest was always fine, bunch of comunity whiners destroyed the race balance.

I hope DK reads this and stops going : "OMG I`ll upset X or Y unless I do something, here have a 5s bunker time decrease.There now Terran is fixed" and actualy takes the scalpel and does a proper surgery to save the Terran.
As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can
Luolis
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Finland7196 Posts
June 29 2014 12:33 GMT
#55
Thank you for the topic TheDwf, i had a good read. Lets hope well get the balance get back to a better state.
pro cheese woman / Its never Sunny in Finland. Perkele / FinnishStarcraftTrivia
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
June 29 2014 12:34 GMT
#56
I was hoping for another article by Ver :p
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
TheScriptan
Profile Joined June 2014
Lithuania152 Posts
June 29 2014 12:35 GMT
#57
Why all Protoss players says that the game is balanced? I am not on that level to whine, but when I watch some pro Protosses they sometimes say that the game is balanced they just made some mistakes?
Picasso
Profile Joined October 2013
Korea (South)52 Posts
June 29 2014 12:36 GMT
#58
On June 29 2014 20:49 PPN wrote:
While I share the opinion (and I think nobody can disagree with it) that there is an issue with Terran at pro level, I'm definitely baffled by some of your arguments and skewed numbers just to prove your points. I am too lazy to list them in a neat way and I think you are perfectly aware of what you are doing. There is really no need to do that to make your statement.

You are neither helping the cause (something must definitely be done for Terran, and I personally don't believe boring campfest mech is the key) nor promoting a healthy behaviour on forums and ladder. So many players already assume they lose because their race is weak, not because they are terrible at SC2 (regardless of whether it be true or not, it is just not the right mindset).

I'm enjoying less and less playing ladder and reading forum, twitter and stuff about SC2, not because the game is not fun anymore, but because the number of bad mannered jerks increased. It's becoming irationnal and this is fueling their self-entitlement.


And this guy says what a good portion of readers feel after reading this blatantly biased editorial, and about the SC2 scene in general. People whine at pros for being unprofessional when they leave without gg or complain about balance, and yet the community does the exact same thing, if not much worse.

Also has TL really succumbed to promoting such obviously distorted-in-one-side's-favor editorials? The Protoss Book of BS was at least funny and with real content. I honestly don't know what this editorial hopes to establish
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-29 12:39:44
June 29 2014 12:37 GMT
#59
I mean, everything stated in this article has been pretty obvious to anyone who followed the Korean scene for a couple years.

Thanks for the write-up.


On June 29 2014 21:36 Picasso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2014 20:49 PPN wrote:
While I share the opinion (and I think nobody can disagree with it) that there is an issue with Terran at pro level, I'm definitely baffled by some of your arguments and skewed numbers just to prove your points. I am too lazy to list them in a neat way and I think you are perfectly aware of what you are doing. There is really no need to do that to make your statement.

You are neither helping the cause (something must definitely be done for Terran, and I personally don't believe boring campfest mech is the key) nor promoting a healthy behaviour on forums and ladder. So many players already assume they lose because their race is weak, not because they are terrible at SC2 (regardless of whether it be true or not, it is just not the right mindset).

I'm enjoying less and less playing ladder and reading forum, twitter and stuff about SC2, not because the game is not fun anymore, but because the number of bad mannered jerks increased. It's becoming irationnal and this is fueling their self-entitlement.



Also has TL really succumbed to promoting such obviously distorted-in-one-side's-favor editorials? The Protoss Book of BS was at least funny and with real content. I honestly don't know what this editorial hopes to establish


Maybe some TL writers don't believe the game is balanced? If you don't like it, make your own website.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
bosshd
Profile Blog Joined February 2014
Belgium72 Posts
June 29 2014 12:38 GMT
#60
wow u put so much effort in this
Team Redbloods Co-leader & Openclan Leader
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 67 68 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM576
TaKeTV 162
IndyStarCraft 102
BRAT_OK 97
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 576
TKL 205
ProTech142
IndyStarCraft 102
BRAT_OK 97
UpATreeSC 69
Codebar 49
Rex 41
MindelVK 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 998
EffOrt 579
Mini 526
ggaemo 291
Stork 270
firebathero 184
Dewaltoss 108
Barracks 77
Rush 73
910 68
[ Show more ]
Zeus 55
Hyun 53
Shine 49
Killer 39
Shinee 38
Bale 27
soO 27
ToSsGirL 21
Sexy 17
Trap 13
yabsab 11
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
qojqva4285
Dendi1870
Counter-Strike
Fnx 763
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes864
Liquid`Hasu261
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2154
singsing1939
B2W.Neo1052
Beastyqt248
ceh9203
Sick181
ArmadaUGS144
C9.Mang050
Trikslyr44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream521
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile129
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2784
• TFBlade821
Other Games
• WagamamaTV256
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.