• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:18
CEST 13:18
KST 20:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9279 users

[TLMC4] Results - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
138 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
phantomfive
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)404 Posts
May 08 2014 02:59 GMT
#121
Some tournaments do have unusual maps. Proleague right now is using Maze which is weird, but whatever. The RedBull tournament had a map with Lava on it.

I am so glad lava didn't become standard in the ladder.
To ease another's heartache is to forget one's own - Lincoln
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
May 08 2014 03:15 GMT
#122
On May 08 2014 00:46 And G wrote:
The Red Bull TLMC was a proving ground. TLMC4 was a popularity contest. I had planned to use this to my advantage by submitting an entirely beach-themed map, but my plan was discovered and the map didn't make the finalists because the TLMC staff was afraid it would be getting all the votes. At least that's what I'm convinced happened, because otherwise I'd surely have won this contest.

I hope this last bit was serious, I found it quite funny.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
May 08 2014 05:34 GMT
#123
On May 08 2014 00:46 And G wrote:
The Red Bull TLMC was a proving ground. TLMC4 was a popularity contest. I had planned to use this to my advantage by submitting an entirely beach-themed map, but my plan was discovered and the map didn't make the finalists because the TLMC staff was afraid it would be getting all the votes. At least that's what I'm convinced happened, because otherwise I'd surely have won this contest.

Best paragraph in the thread. The Walrus will rise again!
Twitter: @iamcaustic
ElvenAshwin
Profile Joined October 2013
169 Posts
May 08 2014 09:26 GMT
#124
Oh biome is a really bad map. I mean it looks okay but you can so easily just get 4 bases... it doesn't seem fun to play on. There were so many better maps. Oh well, voters preferred it so that is that.
In Jaedong we trust
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-08 12:31:14
May 08 2014 12:30 GMT
#125
On May 08 2014 12:15 NewSunshine wrote:
I hope this last bit was serious, I found it quite funny.
Not quite serious. I chose that theme because I'm horrible at aesthetics and sand plus a few trees seemed easy to do. (It still took me a lot of time...)

On May 08 2014 06:55 Timetwister22 wrote:
A little butthurt much?
Nah, apart from the fact that a map like Biome actually won. I'm not denying that some maps didn't make the finalists simply because they were poorly executed, and that this may apply to my own maps as well. I'm just saying that from Blizzard's perspective there is nothing that makes the top three stand out above other good maps (or perhaps "interesting maps" is a better choice of words, since the qualities of Biome have been called into question by like half of the posters in this thread) that didn't make the finalists, and the whole selection process wasn't transparent at all. So why would Blizzard want to confine themselves to choosing only from the top three? It makes no sense to me.
not a community mapmaker
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
May 08 2014 19:44 GMT
#126
On May 08 2014 21:30 And G wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2014 12:15 NewSunshine wrote:
I hope this last bit was serious, I found it quite funny.
Not quite serious. I chose that theme because I'm horrible at aesthetics and sand plus a few trees seemed easy to do. (It still took me a lot of time...)

Show nested quote +
On May 08 2014 06:55 Timetwister22 wrote:
A little butthurt much?
Nah, apart from the fact that a map like Biome actually won. I'm not denying that some maps didn't make the finalists simply because they were poorly executed, and that this may apply to my own maps as well. I'm just saying that from Blizzard's perspective there is nothing that makes the top three stand out above other good maps (or perhaps "interesting maps" is a better choice of words, since the qualities of Biome have been called into question by like half of the posters in this thread) that didn't make the finalists, and the whole selection process wasn't transparent at all. So why would Blizzard want to confine themselves to choosing only from the top three? It makes no sense to me.


It was open to a public vote based on the maps that were decided were playable. Those who voted very clearly wanted biome to win.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
TerribleDamage
Profile Joined May 2014
United States1 Post
May 10 2014 04:23 GMT
#127
Wow..very dissapointing TLMC.

Serioulsy 20 base maps need to go!!!!!....everyone whines about alterzim and waystation etc...and yet somehow biome wins. I was shocked at the finalists...so many better options IMO. But yeah biome sucks....I'm sorry. It's super UGLY to boot....I'm all for different tilesets in maps but it just looks so amateur.


Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-10 04:42:38
May 10 2014 04:42 GMT
#128
I'm afraid Biome is going to suck tremendously in actual matches... But at least it gives a bit of variety.

Foxtrot is the rightful winner, imo.
RookUK
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United Kingdom283 Posts
May 11 2014 22:22 GMT
#129
Congratulations to everyone - particularly Uvantak. To get two maps in the top three is truly amazing, and I've always been a huge fan of your maps.
Balosaar
Profile Joined August 2012
United States35 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-12 06:30:26
May 12 2014 06:26 GMT
#130
i personally thing that biome should have had an ice and a water biome
i like Kamala Park. I think it is really pretty.
2014 WCS Champion StarTale Life ... Best Zerg of Heart of the Swarm
cutler
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany609 Posts
May 12 2014 07:23 GMT
#131
these new maps look nice. I hope they will make it on ladder someday
Code
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada634 Posts
May 12 2014 15:37 GMT
#132
Congrats to the finalists! I love these map making contests.

I really liked Kamala Park.
Yorkie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States12612 Posts
May 13 2014 23:00 GMT
#133
Really liked Foxtrot and Kamala Park.
Hwang Kang Hooooooooooo. Follow mah boy Shellshock @Shellshock1122
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
May 19 2014 20:48 GMT
#134
Interesting choices. I'd like to assume that Biome was chosen as the winner because it's a circular map.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
HypertonicHydroponic
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
437 Posts
May 19 2014 21:11 GMT
#135
Grats to Biome and Sacred Path -- my vote has been heard. XD
[P] The Watery Archives -- http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=279070
Slydie
Profile Joined August 2013
2008 Posts
May 27 2014 07:06 GMT
#136
Luckily Blizzard has been more sensible than the community before, adding Habitation Station to ladder and making us all forget that lava map which won that TLMC...
Buff the siegetank
Phanekim
Profile Joined April 2003
United States777 Posts
June 25 2014 05:24 GMT
#137
some of the 2v2 maps are awful. too hellion ling favored.
i like cheese
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
June 25 2014 07:42 GMT
#138
Foxtrot looks so positional, an amazing TvT map.

Don't you think Sacred Paths could be used for 1v1? it's super interesting, I wonder if you had a Shakuras Plateau spin, where you can only spawn on opposite sides of the wall.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
Jj_82
Profile Joined December 2012
Swaziland419 Posts
September 30 2014 08:57 GMT
#139
solar flare aesthetically looks very boring from the overview. hope it has some nice light effects that come with it.
Once rode a waterslide with PartinG and TaeJa ✌
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV200
Rex53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko244
ProTech131
Rex 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14331
Soma 815
Jaedong 675
actioN 592
Hyuk 525
Soulkey 489
Horang2 346
BeSt 288
Larva 260
910 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 246
Light 208
Stork 193
Snow 175
EffOrt 160
ZerO 131
Last 123
Pusan 114
ggaemo 78
Mind 60
Rush 55
Shinee 47
Killer 40
Creator 38
Mong 37
Yoon 35
Bale 24
hero 21
Sharp 20
sorry 12
yabsab 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5431
Dendi207
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1541
pashabiceps869
markeloff42
kRYSTAL_19
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2825
Khaldor926
Other Games
gofns51668
singsing1530
XBOCT324
Pyrionflax253
B2W.Neo209
DeMusliM202
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos944
Other Games
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 42m
The PondCast
22h 42m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.