• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:00
CEST 09:00
KST 16:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6686 users

FilterSC quits SC II - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
December 11 2013 19:08 GMT
#61
On December 12 2013 04:06 ZenithM wrote:
Wait "a legend in the community" and I didn't even heard of him? Either I'm blind and deaf, or we're overstating things quite a bit.


He's quite legendary in the Terran community I'd say, about every other beginner seems to be starting out with his videos.
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
December 11 2013 19:15 GMT
#62
On December 12 2013 04:06 ZenithM wrote:
Wait "a legend in the community" and I didn't even heard of him? Either I'm blind and deaf, or we're overstating things quite a bit.

Ye if you were battling it out in the gold/plat/diamond league u most certainly saw his tutorials at some point. If you didnt, perhaps you were one of the few who didnt see it. SImple chance....
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
December 11 2013 19:16 GMT
#63
I have seriously never heard of "filter". so i really couldnt care less.

User was warned for this post
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
December 11 2013 19:17 GMT
#64
On December 12 2013 04:16 KalWarkov wrote:
I have seriously never heard of "filter". so i really couldnt care less.

May I ask why you even bother to write on this thread at all then?
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Pktdb1t
Profile Joined November 2013
2 Posts
December 11 2013 19:21 GMT
#65
No disrespect to Filter or the people he was referring to as I like a number of them, but his comment about the more recognized names in SC2 being a group of people that seemed to play Brood War together is something that hit me when WoL came out. I being someone who played BW for years without knowing anything about a pro scene, teamliquid.net, or really even going online, I found it pretty coincidental/lucky/in all honestly good for them that these friends managed to tether on to the rocket ship of popularity that was blasting off when SC2 launched. I guess it was because the BW scene in NA was so small that people just knew each other? It was a little head tilting at first. As a last note in case this post got taken the wrong way, I don't agree with them being some clique that didn't accept him.
humblegar
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Norway883 Posts
December 11 2013 19:23 GMT
#66
As a terran, I don't think people understand how hard it was to find anything as good as Filter's videos at the time they came out.

How many threads and posts are there from terrans whining about micro, cheese and unbalance? Filter showed that he could fast expand and a-move his way through most of the ladder. He deserves some slack even if he seems frustrated about balance right now.

He put so much time into each video, with goals and practice games vs the AI running in the background of the ladder games. His builds were almost exclusively about mechanics, so you lazy ignorants commenting about "pure marines" should actually watch his videos before you comment.

Another benefit I had from his videos were how easy it was to understand builds from pros afterwards.

Sure, you could watch 100 videos from Day9 (and like many others I have :p) and learn most of the same. But for efficient usage of your time, his videos were easily the best.

Good luck FilterSC!
Nizes
Profile Joined May 2012
Finland27 Posts
December 11 2013 19:29 GMT
#67
Really sad to see him quit loved his bronze to master series.
Cubu
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1171 Posts
December 11 2013 19:31 GMT
#68
i feel bad for him, but i think he is going over the top regarding terran being UP.
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 19:33:22
December 11 2013 19:33 GMT
#69
On December 12 2013 04:23 humblegar wrote:
As a terran, I don't think people understand how hard it was to find anything as good as Filter's videos at the time they came out.

How many threads and posts are there from terrans whining about micro, cheese and unbalance? Filter showed that he could fast expand and a-move his way through most of the ladder. He deserves some slack even if he seems frustrated about balance right now.

He put so much time into each video, with goals and practice games vs the AI running in the background of the ladder games. His builds were almost exclusively about mechanics, so you lazy ignorants commenting about "pure marines" should actually watch his videos before you comment.

Another benefit I had from his videos were how easy it was to understand builds from pros afterwards.

Sure, you could watch 100 videos from Day9 (and like many others I have :p) and learn most of the same. But for efficient usage of your time, his videos were easily the best.

Good luck FilterSC!

+1
Well put. I feel like you expressed my thoughts when you said that there werent many good macro tutorials like Filter did them. The thought, care and depth he put into his videos, made u appreciate the game in a whole new way. I remember playing a whole season like he taught me, and my mechanics improved so much.
Watch 1 Filter video, or watch 500 Day9 dailies, and I assure you you will get more out of the Filter videos in terms of effectiveness on improving on ladder. No offence to the DayKnight army, as I am one of them
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
December 11 2013 19:43 GMT
#70
On December 12 2013 01:17 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 01:02 Plansix wrote:
On December 12 2013 00:55 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
WTF are these disgusting reactions!? FilterSC made amazing guides for improving macro play and mechanics.

They are a response to the OP being whiny about the reason why Filter quit. They have little to do with Filter himself.



What's wrong with the OP post? He was just giving some thoughts.. I swear, every thread I see you charge in, berating the OP for whatever reason.

I wish Filter the best, sounds like he has plans for school and stuff in the future, that's awesome, good luck to you sir if you are reading!


I actually find that Plansix is one of the better more active posters on TL. I've had plenty of disagreements with him, but I'd never say he was bashing.

That said, sucks that this guy's giving it up. I think this is the kind of thing that's worse than a mid level pro quitting because this guy (though I've never heard of him before today, honestly) has given something far more useful back to the community than a round of 8 MLG finish and then fading back into obscurity (I'm sure we've lost 1 or 2 of those types of pros, no?). Additionally, it doesn't seem like the OP has the best grasp on English (sorry OP, I don't mean that insultingly) so maybe you should all cut him a little slack? Cmon, TL. You're better than that.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
December 11 2013 19:46 GMT
#71
I feel like this thread is a bit like how people get celebrated when they die. Why not celebrate them while theyre still alive?
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 11 2013 19:47 GMT
#72
On December 12 2013 04:46 nkr wrote:
I feel like this thread is a bit like how people get celebrated when they die. Why not celebrate them while theyre still alive?

Because it's too hard to appreciate so many people consistently. Easier to reflect.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Drake
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany6146 Posts
December 11 2013 19:50 GMT
#73
i never heared of him in my life, who was it ? more infos plz
Nb.Drake / CoL_Drake / Original Joined TL.net Tuesday, 15th of March 2005
renoB
Profile Joined June 2012
United States170 Posts
December 11 2013 19:50 GMT
#74
I didn't recall the name when I first saw this thread, but after I read through I remembered the marine macro video. I know when I would try to get people into the game, this was the video they were sent to. Pretty much everyone I've talked to that plays terran started with this video as a tool to learn macro before incorporating more advance strategies.

It's a shame he's not producing videos anymore, but I know our community can fill the gaps.
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
December 11 2013 19:54 GMT
#75
On December 12 2013 04:47 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 04:46 nkr wrote:
I feel like this thread is a bit like how people get celebrated when they die. Why not celebrate them while theyre still alive?

Because it's too hard to appreciate so many people consistently. Easier to reflect.


If you can appreciate people when they quit, you could've done it before they did as well!
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 20:01:38
December 11 2013 19:59 GMT
#76
On December 12 2013 04:43 Noobity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 01:17 Ctone23 wrote:
On December 12 2013 01:02 Plansix wrote:
On December 12 2013 00:55 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
WTF are these disgusting reactions!? FilterSC made amazing guides for improving macro play and mechanics.

They are a response to the OP being whiny about the reason why Filter quit. They have little to do with Filter himself.



What's wrong with the OP post? He was just giving some thoughts.. I swear, every thread I see you charge in, berating the OP for whatever reason.

I wish Filter the best, sounds like he has plans for school and stuff in the future, that's awesome, good luck to you sir if you are reading!


I actually find that Plansix is one of the better more active posters on TL. I've had plenty of disagreements with him, but I'd never say he was bashing.

That said, sucks that this guy's giving it up. I think this is the kind of thing that's worse than a mid level pro quitting because this guy (though I've never heard of him before today, honestly) has given something far more useful back to the community than a round of 8 MLG finish and then fading back into obscurity (I'm sure we've lost 1 or 2 of those types of pros, no?). Additionally, it doesn't seem like the OP has the best grasp on English (sorry OP, I don't mean that insultingly) so maybe you should all cut him a little slack? Cmon, TL. You're better than that.

Was it that bad? My english is actually quite okay. I think I can read/understand it better than I can write or talk. It may also be the fact that Im 28 now and its been a looong time when I finished school ( with 17) and learned english. We also learned mostly british english in school so yeah, it may look a bit "rusty"
Also:
i never heared of him in my life, who was it ? more infos plz

for the people that want more infos: I appreciate your curiosity but is it so hard to look up for some infos yourself or click on some of the youtube vids? That said I can still add some more videos , just tell me or be more specific about what kind of info you want.
Extreme Force
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 11 2013 20:07 GMT
#77
On December 12 2013 04:43 Noobity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 01:17 Ctone23 wrote:
On December 12 2013 01:02 Plansix wrote:
On December 12 2013 00:55 FueledUpAndReadyToGo wrote:
WTF are these disgusting reactions!? FilterSC made amazing guides for improving macro play and mechanics.

They are a response to the OP being whiny about the reason why Filter quit. They have little to do with Filter himself.



What's wrong with the OP post? He was just giving some thoughts.. I swear, every thread I see you charge in, berating the OP for whatever reason.

I wish Filter the best, sounds like he has plans for school and stuff in the future, that's awesome, good luck to you sir if you are reading!


I actually find that Plansix is one of the better more active posters on TL. I've had plenty of disagreements with him, but I'd never say he was bashing.

That said, sucks that this guy's giving it up. I think this is the kind of thing that's worse than a mid level pro quitting because this guy (though I've never heard of him before today, honestly) has given something far more useful back to the community than a round of 8 MLG finish and then fading back into obscurity (I'm sure we've lost 1 or 2 of those types of pros, no?). Additionally, it doesn't seem like the OP has the best grasp on English (sorry OP, I don't mean that insultingly) so maybe you should all cut him a little slack? Cmon, TL. You're better than that.

I try to be positive about amost everything, the rest of the Internet has negative under control. And my problem with the op ended when he edited this post to remove some of the more negative, "geam is ded" comments. Filter did really good work and although his "retirement message" is a little balance whiny, his body of work overshadows that. He was a huge help to new players, which is under rated.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Diaresta
Profile Joined February 2012
United States597 Posts
December 11 2013 20:11 GMT
#78
Really unfortunate to see Filter leave. I made it to diamond following his videos

Good luck in whatever you do, Filter. You videos were much appreciated!
@Diaresta Huk//Jaedong//Taeja ★EGTL★ ♥Stephano♥ | "Agent 3154, welcome back."
Byyk
Profile Joined December 2004
457 Posts
December 11 2013 21:11 GMT
#79
FilterSC has the best teaching videos for learning SC2. One, two years ago he motivated me so much to play the game. Really sad ending.

GG FilterSC. GL in whatever you do next. Hope, I will see something from you, somewhere on the web.
Ma Jae Yoon, sAviOr, the greatest player of all time.
Zanzabarr
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada217 Posts
December 11 2013 21:16 GMT
#80
Farewell Filter. I may have never heard of you before..... you may have been a nobody in the TL community.... but apparently you had some views on a youtube channel. Adios.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
910 822
Hyuk 677
ggaemo 656
actioN 388
Mong 235
Shuttle 105
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9365
Happy324
PiGStarcraft227
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS33
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2344
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h
OSC
15h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.