• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6713 users

FilterSC quits SC II - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19387 Posts
December 15 2013 23:43 GMT
#121
Wow, why is everyone on the first page in super dick mode. I thought this was a nice thread. I hope the best of luck to the guy.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
December 16 2013 00:01 GMT
#122
^ yeah, especially as his tutorials were really helpful. They helped me when I was terrible, and I even played him on ladder one time and he was really nice.
Thanks to him for the content he provided and the efforts he made to help so many people in the threads related to his videos, and best of luck for the future!
Joel-E
Profile Joined December 2013
United Kingdom50 Posts
December 16 2013 00:16 GMT
#123
Yeah I don't get why people are being rude to the guy... He made well thought out, purely mechanics based builds to demonstrate you can get out of the lower leagues through simply building more stuff. He's increased the skill bracket in the lower leagues quite a bit. Shame higher level players don't respect that. Good luck filter in whatever you do in the future.
SC2 eu tag: Churchill#727
HURM
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada20 Posts
December 16 2013 05:38 GMT
#124
Filter got me from bottom of bronze to low diamond at my highest (End of WoL). I can't blame him for leaving if his heart isn't in it anymore. For a group of us crap-tastic players you made the game fun and us better.

Thank you Filter for the work you put in.

Also, no Filter vids... no Apollo vids... noobs forever!!!
"You guys eat Pizza?"
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
December 16 2013 06:12 GMT
#125
I don't watch him but he made tonnes of good points in that GG vid.
Really inspiring to hear his story.
gl.
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
BurningRanger
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany303 Posts
December 16 2013 09:51 GMT
#126
So sad... I loved his tutorials, especially the original WoL Bronze to Masters, and still recommend them to beginners.
I'm still thankful that he allowed me to translate it to german and publish it on a german fansite (instarcraft.de).

Wishing all the best for you, Filter!
My Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/burningranger | My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BurningR4nger
Hushfield
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Belgium80 Posts
December 16 2013 10:27 GMT
#127
Truly sad to see you go. Your videos are what inspired me to really sit down and start training one thing at a time to improve at the game. Thank you for everything you've done for us lower leaguers and for the community in general. Good luck with your future plans, and remember to not be so hard on yourself. We've all made mistakes, but it's what you do with them afterwards that determines whether they were mistakes or learning experiences. Remember whitera, for both sc2 and life: more gg, more skill.
Zealos
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom3576 Posts
December 16 2013 10:51 GMT
#128
On December 12 2013 00:10 Steelo_Rivers wrote:
It's crazy because everyone that stops playing is stopping for the same reasons. I stopped playing for the same reasons as filter. I quit playing because it's just not fun. I know people rag on league a lot, but when you know what you're doing in that game you get rewarded. In sc2, it's as simple as picking protoss and learning 1 all in. Hell, we even have a high masters protoss player that plays with an Xbox 360 controller (you could never do that in broodwar and get past D+).

lol?

Everyone who stops playing does it because the game isn't fun for them
DEAD GAME.

There aren't that many other reasons people would stop :')
On the internet if you disagree with or dislike something you're angry and taking it too seriously. == Join TLMafia !
Demicore
Profile Joined October 2011
France503 Posts
December 16 2013 17:01 GMT
#129
GG, you will be missed.

*tears*

*salute*
"I love male nipples in starcraft; the two go together so well." ~Tasteless
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
December 16 2013 17:08 GMT
#130
man, thread started off pretty brutal. hopefully he finds another game he enjoys.
The universe created an audience for itself.
Gendo
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom216 Posts
December 16 2013 18:35 GMT
#131
Enjoyed your tutorials, are very good, all the best!
Sherlock117
Profile Joined April 2013
United States40 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 19:35:45
December 16 2013 19:33 GMT
#132
I guarantee without your vids Filter I would have quit the game back in WoL. You helped me learn how to play RTS and enjoy the challenge of getting better. You took me from a mid bronze player to high plat in about 10 days after a friend recommended your videos to me.

I still remember that Christmas break I spent practicing the way you suggested. I really worked on it during the league lock period and finished in the top 10 gold players in the world that season, and was immediately promoted to plat the following season. That time was definitely the most fun period for me with this game.

I remember getting compliments from higher league players on my macro ability, and when asked how to do the same I would direct them to your Youtube page. I remember playing many Terran players who used the "Filter" build, and we would say "Ah the filter build" with a wink and a smile. Made many friends online just through that!

Now I recommend your videos to other beginners, even your WoL videos are still helpful.

I feel the same frustrations as you with cheese dominating gameplay right now. I hope that changes in the future, but I am still determined to improve my gameplay and keep learning. I hope if the game changes for the better you will come back and continue helping the countless noobs like me out there.
Monsen
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-16 21:00:25
December 16 2013 21:00 GMT
#133
I've been following Starcraft for over ten years now, and until today I've never heard of you. I'm not saying that to put you down, for one I appreciate anyone that invests passion and time into starcraft/gaming/esports/the community, and also I completely get where you're coming from, especially when it comes to Blizzards "casual it up (down)" policy of the last several years and franchises.
No, in fact I want to make the point that "the old starcraft people" you seem a little disappointed with just might not have ignored you, because I certainly didn't. Many of the old brood war brigade were either too good from the start to ever come in contact with your videos, or disillusioned and lost interest in the game (like you seem to have) pretty quick, so they weren't that involved with the community either. With the arrival of Sc2 the community changed drastically. Many old faces disappeared and team liquid went from small foreigner site to this huge exports conglomerate.
So don't be too harsh on the brood war oldies (or yourself) I can tell you for a fact that we would have loved anyone doing that much for the community back in the old days.

I guess all I can give you is a sincere gl hf (also yay path of exile)
11 years and counting- TL #680
Mackx
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands26 Posts
April 14 2014 13:24 GMT
#134
Really sorry to just find out about this. I left SC2 a couple of years ago after being horrible with Zerg, at highest reaching platinum due to some baneling bust streaks vs terran which got me easy wins.
Now, 2 years later I rediscovered FilterSC's original Bronze to Masters series (didn't buy HotS yet), and I switched to terran.
Only about 50 ladder games later, I just got placed in Diamond today after the season lock. I am so grateful for Filter for teaching people the correct way to learn, to improve, to analyze and to plan your games ahead. It brought a whole new perspective to players in lower leagues, especially since he plays and mentions every action he's taking, instead of analysing a replay as most casters, e.g. Day9, would do. The 1st person visual aspect really gave viewers more confidence in being able to copy what FilterSC did.

Awefully sorry to hear about it, Filter. I hope things will get better for you, and that you may find fun in games like Starcraft once again. I have learned a great deal, not only about this game, but about logic reasoning, planning, analyzing and focusing on 1 aspect at a time, working in layers, when it comes to projects and learning.

Best of luck to you, until we meet again on Youtube
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left" ~D
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
April 14 2014 13:44 GMT
#135
If anyone has checked out his YT recently, he has begun posting again. Looks like his friendly tutorial skills are being directed to Gnomoria, a game awkwardly similar to Dwarf Fortress. I suggest checking it out. I'm probably going to buy the game on a steam sale after watching his first couple videos.
Fus
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1112 Posts
April 14 2014 14:07 GMT
#136
I see myself as pretty involved in the sc2 community, and i often come to these threads to find out who these quitting people are
NaNiwa | Innovation | Flash | DeMuslim ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17885 Posts
April 14 2014 14:36 GMT
#137
On April 14 2014 23:07 Fus wrote:
I see myself as pretty involved in the sc2 community, and i often come to these threads to find out who these quitting people are

LOL
i promise that i'll start a giant debate in your "quit thread".

seriously though,
Filter's contributions will be missed.
i'm sad to see the guy go.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
KelianQatar
Profile Joined December 2012
303 Posts
April 14 2014 14:54 GMT
#138
Filter's tutorials were awesome. He seriously stopped me from only playing the campaign and got me to top silver. But such is the cycle of life... everything has a life cycle and I think we're seeing the end of SC's.

gl hf wp
Alvas
Profile Joined August 2010
United States309 Posts
April 14 2014 14:59 GMT
#139
really sucks, his tutorial videos helped me get out of bronzie and get on the cusp of gold before I started a new job and had to stop playing. I plan to rewatch his video series now that I'm getting back into it.

I wish him luck in everything he does, and hope he will come back from time to time.
Every bullet counts...
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
April 14 2014 19:00 GMT
#140
On April 14 2014 23:54 KelianQatar wrote:
Filter's tutorials were awesome. He seriously stopped me from only playing the campaign and got me to top silver. But such is the cycle of life... everything has a life cycle and I think we're seeing the end of SC's.

gl hf wp

no we're not.

Filter did do great stuff for the new people though.
The Bomber boy
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 181
StarCraft: Brood War
910 822
Hyuk 677
ggaemo 656
actioN 388
Mong 235
Shuttle 105
Dewaltoss 89
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 31
Bale 26
[ Show more ]
yabsab 22
ZergMaN 20
Noble 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
Fuzer 22
League of Legends
JimRising 582
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor785
Other Games
summit1g8846
ceh9365
Happy324
PiGStarcraft227
Mew2King125
ArmadaUGS33
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2344
League of Legends
• Rush1343
• Stunt441
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
5h 59m
OSC
14h 59m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 2h
Online Event
1d 3h
FEL
1d 8h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.