• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8819 users

FilterSC quits SC II - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Soohyung
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)116 Posts
December 11 2013 21:36 GMT
#81
Well, he has some good points right there.
이지은
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 21:51:14
December 11 2013 21:48 GMT
#82
I updated the OP with more infos and videos cause some members wished for it. Can a mod pls add an [Updated with more infos] tag to the subject line? I dont know how that works.
Extreme Force
goofyballer
Profile Joined January 2013
United States136 Posts
December 11 2013 23:26 GMT
#83
Filter, thanks so much for everything you did, you made by far the best tutorials for getting better at SC2. Your Terran series made me a much better player when I was first starting out, and your Zerg series helped me switch races and have way more fun with the game than I was before. Thank you!!
ysnake
Profile Joined June 2012
Bosnia-Herzegovina261 Posts
December 12 2013 00:24 GMT
#84
People will just pick one thing, and stick with it in this thread like lions.

I, being a Zerg player, enjoyed his Terran series and learned nice things from him. Be it that a random gold player or a pro is retiring, it is the same, that's 1 less viewer on the tournament, that's potentially one less seat taken in already small crowds etc etc.

Show some respect for Filter, because he contributed more to this community than most of us here ever did.

TL is known for having arguments over semantics and nit-picking certain things in post, while disregarding the whole point of the post.
You are no longer automatically breathing and blinking.
Filter
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada620 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-12 01:36:33
December 12 2013 01:32 GMT
#85
Thanks for the kind words from those that posted them.

It actually makes me pretty sad that the majority of people here don't consider me a member of the teamliquid community. That might be true for the past few months, but for a few years there I was here every day reading everything I possibly could here to get better and the news articles/post standard on teamliquid makes it an amazing forum to visit. I also have one of the top 3 most viewed sc2 strategy posts from the WoL days, that I didn't update for hots because well.. I just never finished my HoTS material. I didn't post a lot here because I didn't feel like I would add anything positive to many of the conversations going on, but I enjoyed reading them immensely. I consider teamliquid my home though and still enjoy the website/forums/community immensely whenever I visit.

I want to make the balance stuff perfectly clear. I feel like Blizzard is choosing to make Terran less rewarding to play at a high skill level, instead of making the other races more rewarding to play at a high level. I dont care about the winrates, I just want the game to be the best it can be. Please don't take it for a qq Terran up, because that's not the message.

Thanks for the support, thanks to everybody who linked my videos to their friends and foes. It's been a great ride, and I've had a lot of fun.

Edit: Just a quick edit, thanks for posting OP. The edits look really good, makes me wonder what it originally looked like based on the comments lol. Ignore the venom from people though, it doesn't matter and reading the good things people have said always brings a smile to my face. And to the guy who compared me to idra, I'll take it even in it's extremely negative context
Live hard, live free.
Waise
Profile Joined June 2013
3165 Posts
December 12 2013 01:43 GMT
#86
On December 12 2013 10:32 Filter wrote:
Thanks for the kind words from those that posted them.

It actually makes me pretty sad that the majority of people here don't consider me a member of the teamliquid community. That might be true for the past few months, but for a few years there I was here every day reading everything I possibly could here to get better and the news articles/post standard on teamliquid makes it an amazing forum to visit. I also have one of the top 3 most viewed sc2 strategy posts from the WoL days, that I didn't update for hots because well.. I just never finished my HoTS material. I didn't post a lot here because I didn't feel like I would add anything positive to many of the conversations going on, but I enjoyed reading them immensely. I consider teamliquid my home though and still enjoy the website/forums/community immensely whenever I visit.

I want to make the balance stuff perfectly clear. I feel like Blizzard is choosing to make Terran less rewarding to play at a high skill level, instead of making the other races more rewarding to play at a high level. I dont care about the winrates, I just want the game to be the best it can be. Please don't take it for a qq Terran up, because that's not the message.

Thanks for the support, thanks to everybody who linked my videos to their friends and foes. It's been a great ride, and I've had a lot of fun.

Edit: Just a quick edit, thanks for posting OP. The edits look really good, makes me wonder what it originally looked like based on the comments lol. Ignore the venom from people though, it doesn't matter and reading the good things people have said always brings a smile to my face. And to the guy who compared me to idra, I'll take it even in it's extremely negative context

gg man, i don't know your content but i've definitely seen your name around. i've noticed TL has a nasty bent toward needlessly trashing any news about a player/team/whatever that isn't competing in WCS. even if calling you a "legend" is an overstatement, arguing the point is just senseless negativity. if one person or ten people or a hundred people consider you important, there's no reason to claim you aren't

to the people who only want to read posts about taeja and soulkey - if you don't post here at all, your disapproval will be reflected as the thread dies. until then, let people who care go on caring
phiinix
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1169 Posts
December 12 2013 01:49 GMT
#87
He makes some good points. When I was really into SC2 in the WoL days I felt like I was around the same knowledge/skill as Filter and Nathanias were, with the both of them being slightly more skilled and with me having no real intentions of making a career out of the scene. But it's interesting to say the least who makes it out, who doesn't, and the effects that it has. One who can barely get by and has accumulated debt, and one that is at a fair amount of events and in a comfortable place by now. I guess it really shows how marketing and chasing makes an effect.
In the old days all you had to do was be out there and create content. That's how the day9s and huskys were created. These days it seems like you really have to push to get people to promote your content and make yourself known because the scene is so much more established and just "showing up" doesn't cut it anymore.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
December 14 2013 08:03 GMT
#88
Oh i missed that. Good luck Filter. I used a lot of your videos/maps to coach people
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
December 14 2013 08:06 GMT
#89
Haha, our version of ss/gomad was filtersc. Really sad to see you go, but I feel like it was inevitable, GLHF.
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
December 14 2013 08:07 GMT
#90
On December 12 2013 10:32 Filter wrote:
Thanks for the kind words from those that posted them.

It actually makes me pretty sad that the majority of people here don't consider me a member of the teamliquid community. That might be true for the past few months, but for a few years there I was here every day reading everything I possibly could here to get better and the news articles/post standard on teamliquid makes it an amazing forum to visit. I also have one of the top 3 most viewed sc2 strategy posts from the WoL days, that I didn't update for hots because well.. I just never finished my HoTS material. I didn't post a lot here because I didn't feel like I would add anything positive to many of the conversations going on, but I enjoyed reading them immensely. I consider teamliquid my home though and still enjoy the website/forums/community immensely whenever I visit.

I want to make the balance stuff perfectly clear. I feel like Blizzard is choosing to make Terran less rewarding to play at a high skill level, instead of making the other races more rewarding to play at a high level. I dont care about the winrates, I just want the game to be the best it can be. Please don't take it for a qq Terran up, because that's not the message.

Thanks for the support, thanks to everybody who linked my videos to their friends and foes. It's been a great ride, and I've had a lot of fun.

Edit: Just a quick edit, thanks for posting OP. The edits look really good, makes me wonder what it originally looked like based on the comments lol. Ignore the venom from people though, it doesn't matter and reading the good things people have said always brings a smile to my face. And to the guy who compared me to idra, I'll take it even in it's extremely negative context

a lot of us do know who you are, it's the OP original post being horrible at the beginning that made everyone went "who?" as a response.
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Jollocks
Profile Joined February 2012
32 Posts
December 14 2013 17:14 GMT
#91
Filter really were great for the community. When I came back to StarCraft 2 after about 6 months of not playing, his bronze to masters videos really helped me get a good feel for the game again. His build taught me good mechanics and clean execution are important. I now play Protoss, but many things from that video have carried over. GG filter.
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
December 14 2013 17:20 GMT
#92
On December 12 2013 10:32 Filter wrote:
Thanks for the kind words from those that posted them.

It actually makes me pretty sad that the majority of people here don't consider me a member of the teamliquid community. That might be true for the past few months, but for a few years there I was here every day reading everything I possibly could here to get better and the news articles/post standard on teamliquid makes it an amazing forum to visit. I also have one of the top 3 most viewed sc2 strategy posts from the WoL days, that I didn't update for hots because well.. I just never finished my HoTS material. I didn't post a lot here because I didn't feel like I would add anything positive to many of the conversations going on, but I enjoyed reading them immensely. I consider teamliquid my home though and still enjoy the website/forums/community immensely whenever I visit.

I want to make the balance stuff perfectly clear. I feel like Blizzard is choosing to make Terran less rewarding to play at a high skill level, instead of making the other races more rewarding to play at a high level. I dont care about the winrates, I just want the game to be the best it can be. Please don't take it for a qq Terran up, because that's not the message.

Thanks for the support, thanks to everybody who linked my videos to their friends and foes. It's been a great ride, and I've had a lot of fun.

Edit: Just a quick edit, thanks for posting OP. The edits look really good, makes me wonder what it originally looked like based on the comments lol. Ignore the venom from people though, it doesn't matter and reading the good things people have said always brings a smile to my face. And to the guy who compared me to idra, I'll take it even in it's extremely negative context


I have a Terran friend who raved about your content and how much it helped him. You definitely contributed to the community. I hope you will find success in future endeavors.
"Right on" - Morrow
Swift118
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom335 Posts
December 14 2013 17:49 GMT
#93
On December 12 2013 00:12 Plansix wrote:
Guy moves on from game he played casually(aka not for a living)for nearly 4 years. No longer makes videos, so game must be dying. Do we need these threads every time an unpaid community figures life becomes to busy for them to continue their work?


Why do you need to comment on a community figure you see as irrelevant? Do you just need to say something just for the sake of saying something? A classic quote from Plato about fools and wise men rings home here.. Anyway Filter pushed out content that helped a lot of low league players understand base mechanics and economy management and had a reasonably following. He contributed to the scene positively and I would rather keep one Filter rather than one tl forum agitator in the sc2 scene given the choice.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
December 14 2013 17:54 GMT
#94
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.
UmberBane
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany5450 Posts
December 14 2013 17:56 GMT
#95
On December 15 2013 02:54 HeeroFX wrote:
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.


I think the word for it is egocentrism?
Swift118
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom335 Posts
December 14 2013 17:57 GMT
#96
On December 15 2013 02:54 HeeroFX wrote:
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.


Is there a reason why nobody made a thread about you quitting sc2? I will leave you to ponder that question...
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
December 14 2013 17:57 GMT
#97
never heard of him but too bad
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 14 2013 18:05 GMT
#98
On December 15 2013 02:49 Swift118 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 00:12 Plansix wrote:
Guy moves on from game he played casually(aka not for a living)for nearly 4 years. No longer makes videos, so game must be dying. Do we need these threads every time an unpaid community figures life becomes to busy for them to continue their work?


Why do you need to comment on a community figure you see as irrelevant? Do you just need to say something just for the sake of saying something? A classic quote from Plato about fools and wise men rings home here.. Anyway Filter pushed out content that helped a lot of low league players understand base mechanics and economy management and had a reasonably following. He contributed to the scene positively and I would rather keep one Filter rather than one tl forum agitator in the sc2 scene given the choice.

I was responding to the OP(from when it was first posted), rather than Filter himself. I have said this several times. I always appreciated Filters work on youtube.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Traceback
Profile Joined October 2010
United States469 Posts
December 14 2013 18:05 GMT
#99
Good luck and thanks for what you did. I referred several people to your videos.
KadaverBB
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany25658 Posts
December 14 2013 18:08 GMT
#100
On December 15 2013 02:54 HeeroFX wrote:
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.


One of the smartest thing I've ever read.
AdministratorLaws change depending on who's making them, but justice is justice
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko456
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39542
Bisu 1413
firebathero 1295
Horang2 939
Hyuk 399
BeSt 379
EffOrt 279
Mini 268
Larva 250
Light 230
[ Show more ]
Soma 211
ZerO 120
Rush 92
Mong 91
Leta 91
Snow 78
Barracks 75
Pusan 66
Sea.KH 52
Shinee 38
JYJ 37
ToSsGirL 37
NaDa 31
Aegong 29
Mind 29
Yoon 26
Sexy 26
zelot 21
sorry 21
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc820
XaKoH 393
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1289
Khaldor1036
Other Games
gofns32253
singsing2521
olofmeister1414
B2W.Neo321
Livibee193
hiko135
Mew2King79
ArmadaUGS61
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream271
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH181
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 12
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
40m
OSC
9h 40m
CranKy Ducklings
21h 40m
Online Event
22h 40m
FEL
1d 3h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.