• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:06
CEST 17:06
KST 00:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7438 users

FilterSC quits SC II - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
MikeyH
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States44 Posts
December 11 2013 16:19 GMT
#41
This really is sad news for me. He wasn't a pro or anything, but he made great content for players looking to improve fundamentals and so he was always someone I kept an eye out for. He's a great guy and I wish him well in the future.
Tell your friends about The Weekly All In!
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
December 11 2013 16:22 GMT
#42
So sad he's gone. I really loved his "From Bronze to Masters" series, I've used it and sent it to a lot of friends to try and help them improve at SC2.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
TheManInBlack
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Nigeria266 Posts
December 11 2013 16:29 GMT
#43
I remember when he made that ridiculous Thread/Youtube video called "The Starcraft 2 Crisis".

In any case, as someone who 'helped' the community, that is debatable. In WoL he had these macro/benchmark videos that gave the illusion of making you a better player. I was terrible when I first watched filter. But then I just did the 13 min Mass Roach push with 2+/2+ and steam rolled my way to low Masters MMR. When I tried to deviate from this strat, I got crushed. Why? Because I was just another brainless robot who followed a BO and hadn't actually learnt aspects of the game.

I only really improved when I started following TangSC. So following filter was actually damaging to me as a player and he might have done the same thing to many others.

That being said, GL!

Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 16:40:15
December 11 2013 16:34 GMT
#44
On December 12 2013 01:15 mewo wrote:
Guy quits with a balance whine after getting worse at the game over time. It used to be a joke among zerg and protoss in master that it was almost impossible to find a manner terran to practice with. Plenty of nice high master/gm or diamond terrans. From his video, it looks like he was a victim of that. I wish op wouldn't take his balance whine so seriously.

Ok I will say this ONE more time. He never whined about balance before afaik so this is a one time thing. I wrote the topic shortly after watching the video cause there wasnt a thread about it so i got a bit emotional too. I already edited it so STOP posting about it AFTER I changed it. I made this thread purely for the people who know him and got helped by him, so they can grant wishes and say thank you to him.
Extreme Force
inermis
Profile Joined September 2010
353 Posts
December 11 2013 16:37 GMT
#45
who, didn't think you could pack so much whining into 30 minutes of video, playing terran since wol, played protoss for a while and got better than terran ? You clearly chose wrong race from the start, sir
play hard go pro
yoshi7319
Profile Joined December 2011
76 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 16:42:45
December 11 2013 16:41 GMT
#46
I haven´t watched any of his other stuff, but I can say his Bronze to Masters series have helped me (though somehow I never got to masters...) and many others at the very start, so I find the number of posts making derogative comments about his lack of superstardom quite sad.
well, TL - the (grand)masters only community. :-(
Rainmansc
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands216 Posts
December 11 2013 16:42 GMT
#47
Never watched his videos but strong video. I have no idea why some people react so stupidly in this thread. I rather listen to this guy then mister total bisquit!
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
December 11 2013 17:10 GMT
#48
Dude made some good content, and then kinda started making ridiculous claims. Sad to see him go, and he did at least make me try out the mass marine stuff.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Incand
Profile Joined November 2012
143 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 17:22:56
December 11 2013 17:21 GMT
#49
sad to see him go ;'( his videos really helped me when i was a new player. I read strategy watching apollo and i was still stuck in bronze and then i tried filtersc zerg videos and got almost instantly up to plat level just amoving roaches blindly. from there on I tried out other builds and with 1-2 practice games i could play any strategy with decent macro. His videos is imo the best way to learn sc2 and what i always recommended to new players. Glad to see him casting with lowko now <3 http://www.twitch.tv/lowkotv
shenlong
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
219 Posts
December 11 2013 17:23 GMT
#50
I've always been a fan filter, i wish you best with your future endeavors and i hope you go back to school and do fantastic and be happy with the results that you get.

Take care man
mewo
Profile Joined July 2011
United States221 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 17:50:29
December 11 2013 17:44 GMT
#51
On December 12 2013 01:34 Tresher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 01:15 mewo wrote:
Guy quits with a balance whine after getting worse at the game over time. It used to be a joke among zerg and protoss in master that it was almost impossible to find a manner terran to practice with. Plenty of nice high master/gm or diamond terrans. From his video, it looks like he was a victim of that. I wish op wouldn't take his balance whine so seriously.

Ok I will say this ONE more time. He never whined about balance before afaik so this is a one time thing. I wrote the topic shortly after watching the video cause there wasnt a thread about it so i got a bit emotional too. I already edited it so STOP posting about it AFTER I changed it. I made this thread purely for the people who know him and got helped by him, so they can grant wishes and say thank you to him.

There is a lot of content which is actually correct in its assertions of how to improve. This guy didn't even use camera hotkeys. People like you are going to have to unlearn a bunch of stuff because his fundamental play was just wrong. It's not like people are speaking ill of the dead here. He quit sc, not the mortal plane.

People should know that his videos are wrong. He quit for a lot of reasons but you shouldn't discount his failed monetization and lack of improvement. He didn't quit only because of balance. It shouldn't be lost on the community that the guy making improvement videos quit, in part, because he didn't get better and then blamed it on balance.

My english in the post sucks.
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 17:48:42
December 11 2013 17:47 GMT
#52
Meh, Filter had turned into a whiner. A lot of nonsense posts about how to "fix" the game in the last many months. The undeserved stature that video game him also gave his posts credibility they did not deserve. It's better for him and for SC2 that he is gone. Good luck to him, though. At least he had the class to tune out quietly than make an irrelevant thread about it...
KT best KT ~ 2014
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
December 11 2013 17:52 GMT
#53
This saddens me greatly.
One of the greats, quits :-/ For me Filtersc2 was one of my fav and premium tutorial/streamers. You will be missed. GL with the future and I hope you got my donation.
Terran ftw
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Gonzo103
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany220 Posts
December 11 2013 18:03 GMT
#54
OP could have put a bit more effort into this threat.

The reddit threat has allready over 700 upvotes. Now many TL´s might ask why does a random mediocore player who stopped playing a video game causes so much attention. OK he might have made some tutorials for Bronze Noobs, had some followers on youtube, whatever. Read the comments and you will maybe figure it out.

This guy without even knowing contributed so much more to the game and the ladder you can even think of. His easy way of explaining the very very basics of the game helped so many beginners to become somewhat successful in a really hard and frustrating game. His benchmark system is easy to grasp on, his build orders simple but effective and his timings were exact enough to win games against higher league players. Mimic the builds and hitting the benchmarks gave you the feeling and tools to feel improvment in an enviroment (battlenet) which don´t give you the feedback in the first place.

So many Bronzys, Goldys and Platys followed his path through macro and became good. When ever i was an a barcraft and some new player asked for good videos everyone was revering to FIlter.

As many others on reddit stated he helped them to stay motivated or even to like the game at all.

That he is frustrated with the game of with the way things have going for him, might be is own Fault, but this has nothing to do with the things he has done for a big part of the community. A part of the community most people on Teamliquid don´t acknowledge. Normal Joe and Jon who don´t know about Teamliquid who only know about Battle-Net forum. People they don´t even know that there is a pro scene. Maybe the casual try hard who likes to be competitive but never played any RTS before.

He raised the skill in the upper bracket of the ladder to a great extend. And even when he wasn't a stable part of the TL community he still was part of the SC2 community and he should get some respect for what he has achieved.

I am sorry my english is terrible. I hope my post makes any sense.

gneGne
Profile Joined June 2007
Netherlands697 Posts
December 11 2013 18:18 GMT
#55
Goodbye Filter! Thank you for your contributions!
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
December 11 2013 18:18 GMT
#56
gl filter and thanks
everyone bashing him contributed less
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
BjoernK
Profile Joined April 2012
194 Posts
December 11 2013 18:38 GMT
#57
I just watched the first 5-6 of his vids. Great focus on economy - defining precise benchmarks. I liked his style a lot more than the day9/husky style. I wish him the best. Hope he finds success and maybe find fun again in sc2 when playing it more casually.
Jockmcplop
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United Kingdom10003 Posts
December 11 2013 18:48 GMT
#58
On December 12 2013 03:03 Gonzo103 wrote:


This guy without even knowing contributed so much more to the game and the ladder you can even think of.


Exactly.

In fact there was a point on the ladder in WOL when i would encounter one of the filter builds about 50% of the games i played for good 5-6 months.
RIP Meatloaf <3
Tresher
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany404 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 19:06:37
December 11 2013 19:02 GMT
#59
On December 12 2013 03:03 Gonzo103 wrote:
OP could have put a bit more effort into this threat.

The reddit threat has allready over 700 upvotes. Now many TL´s might ask why does a random mediocore player who stopped playing a video game causes so much attention. OK he might have made some tutorials for Bronze Noobs, had some followers on youtube, whatever. Read the comments and you will maybe figure it out.

This guy without even knowing contributed so much more to the game and the ladder you can even think of. His easy way of explaining the very very basics of the game helped so many beginners to become somewhat successful in a really hard and frustrating game. His benchmark system is easy to grasp on, his build orders simple but effective and his timings were exact enough to win games against higher league players. Mimic the builds and hitting the benchmarks gave you the feeling and tools to feel improvment in an enviroment (battlenet) which don´t give you the feedback in the first place.

So many Bronzys, Goldys and Platys followed his path through macro and became good. When ever i was an a barcraft and some new player asked for good videos everyone was revering to FIlter.

As many others on reddit stated he helped them to stay motivated or even to like the game at all.

That he is frustrated with the game of with the way things have going for him, might be is own Fault, but this has nothing to do with the things he has done for a big part of the community. A part of the community most people on Teamliquid don´t acknowledge. Normal Joe and Jon who don´t know about Teamliquid who only know about Battle-Net forum. People they don´t even know that there is a pro scene. Maybe the casual try hard who likes to be competitive but never played any RTS before.

He raised the skill in the upper bracket of the ladder to a great extend. And even when he wasn't a stable part of the TL community he still was part of the SC2 community and he should get some respect for what he has achieved.

I am sorry my english is terrible. I hope my post makes any sense.


Please tell me what I could have done better Im open for Ideas. Like adding more videos from him? I can still do some editing. But Im afraid that there will still be people making nasty comments like there already are if I add more. Almost 4k + views but only 60~ replies (so far) was a bit shocking for me, I thought more people know about him.It was really underwhelming. My OP was also a bit different from what it is now. I had to change it up a bit cause, I was saying that its bad for the game if so many players/pros/contributors leave, but then people jumped on the "youre whining about the game" or "do we need another balance whine thread?" hatewagon. Even after I edited it (strangely mostly members with a Protoss icon). Or made other disgusting comments like "lol low level player leaving who cares" . I also asked a mod then if this thread is appropiate at all and he sayed its fine but edit it a bit cause the comm is pretty "sensitive" about things like these . So I leaved it like that cause the topic is already getting way less attention than I expected .
Extreme Force
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
December 11 2013 19:06 GMT
#60
Wait "a legend in the community" and I didn't even heard of him? Either I'm blind and deaf, or we're overstating things quite a bit.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1032
ComeBackTV 838
SteadfastSC790
TaKeTV 516
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 790
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 148
ProTech137
BRAT_OK 4
MindelVK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48908
Bisu 2058
Horang2 1198
EffOrt 1019
Soma 597
Hyuk 596
BeSt 533
Shuttle 492
Mini 480
Light 433
[ Show more ]
Larva 340
ZerO 198
Rush 184
Leta 88
Mong 79
firebathero 76
Sea.KH 69
910 59
Snow 55
Pusan 46
Sexy 45
ToSsGirL 32
Bale 27
JYJ 27
Aegong 27
Trap 26
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 21
Shine 16
Rock 16
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Dota 2
Gorgc8052
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 798
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1547
Khaldor1129
Lowko456
Other Games
singsing2005
hiko1257
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo464
Livibee203
Hui .196
ArmadaUGS141
XaKoH 129
Liquid`VortiX129
KnowMe114
Mew2King78
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream80
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 25
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur263
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 54m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 54m
Online Event
19h 54m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.