• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:56
CEST 04:56
KST 11:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8110 users

FilterSC quits SC II - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Swift118
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom335 Posts
December 14 2013 18:09 GMT
#101
On December 15 2013 03:05 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 02:49 Swift118 wrote:
On December 12 2013 00:12 Plansix wrote:
Guy moves on from game he played casually(aka not for a living)for nearly 4 years. No longer makes videos, so game must be dying. Do we need these threads every time an unpaid community figures life becomes to busy for them to continue their work?


Why do you need to comment on a community figure you see as irrelevant? Do you just need to say something just for the sake of saying something? A classic quote from Plato about fools and wise men rings home here.. Anyway Filter pushed out content that helped a lot of low league players understand base mechanics and economy management and had a reasonably following. He contributed to the scene positively and I would rather keep one Filter rather than one tl forum agitator in the sc2 scene given the choice.

I was responding to the OP(from when it was first posted), rather than Filter himself. I have said this several times. I always appreciated Filters work on youtube.


My apologies then. I thought you was just needlessly attacking Filter.
j00pdaw00p
Profile Joined December 2013
47 Posts
December 14 2013 18:16 GMT
#102
On December 15 2013 03:09 Swift118 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 03:05 Plansix wrote:
On December 15 2013 02:49 Swift118 wrote:
On December 12 2013 00:12 Plansix wrote:
Guy moves on from game he played casually(aka not for a living)for nearly 4 years. No longer makes videos, so game must be dying. Do we need these threads every time an unpaid community figures life becomes to busy for them to continue their work?


Why do you need to comment on a community figure you see as irrelevant? Do you just need to say something just for the sake of saying something? A classic quote from Plato about fools and wise men rings home here.. Anyway Filter pushed out content that helped a lot of low league players understand base mechanics and economy management and had a reasonably following. He contributed to the scene positively and I would rather keep one Filter rather than one tl forum agitator in the sc2 scene given the choice.

I was responding to the OP(from when it was first posted), rather than Filter himself. I have said this several times. I always appreciated Filters work on youtube.


My apologies then. I thought you was just needlessly attacking Filter.

No he was just mad because he plays Protoss and Filter said toss is OP in the video.
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-14 18:24:46
December 14 2013 18:24 GMT
#103
I didn't know him but I'm kinda sad he left the game after all the content he did provide for the community. Gl Hf dude.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
December 14 2013 18:35 GMT
#104
On December 15 2013 03:08 KadaverBB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 02:54 HeeroFX wrote:
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.


One of the smartest thing I've ever read.

I can't tell if KBB is being sarcastic or not D:
User was warned for too many mimes.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
December 14 2013 18:38 GMT
#105
On December 15 2013 03:35 docvoc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 03:08 KadaverBB wrote:
On December 15 2013 02:54 HeeroFX wrote:
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.


One of the smartest thing I've ever read.

I can't tell if KBB is being sarcastic or not D:

It is really hard to tell. He is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1104 Posts
December 14 2013 21:24 GMT
#106
Always sucks when someone leaves StarCraft and it sounds like he helped some people from these comments. But I had never heard of him before. :X
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Joel-E
Profile Joined December 2013
United Kingdom50 Posts
December 15 2013 03:40 GMT
#107
Sad to see him go to be honest. He made me enjoy the game that little bit more. Using his videos, they carried over to me switching to protoss, and did help A LOT of lower league players. So just because you're a high tier player, and didn't help you, don't say he didn't help anyone.
SC2 eu tag: Churchill#727
radscorpion9
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada2252 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-15 03:56:59
December 15 2013 03:55 GMT
#108
I remember finally giving in and watching a few of his videos, and I realized how powerful macro truly is. After a few weeks, I gave up on the game entirely after being cheesed one too many times and observing that even pro players can't stop it, which made me feel like the game had way too much of a luck element to be taken seriously.

I liked Filter though. He put out some great guides. Its not really *that* important that he left though, I think you may be exaggerating his importance to the scene. But I suppose its disappointing to people that used his videos a lot to elevate them from bronze to some higher league. If the master who taught you everything finds no joy in SC2 and says the game is broken, what should you as a student do . I would be a bit depressed if I followed him closely.

Its really not that surprising that he doesn't find the game exciting anymore. Its happening to a lot of pro-gamers, and I think its natural with any game if you play it long enough. Particularly SC2 though...I think the death-ball problems and the cheese can really wear you down after a while (if you aren't good enough to win the big prizes in tourneys, that is). That and the near-identical unit compositions used in every major battle, it can clearly become stale after a while.
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
December 15 2013 03:56 GMT
#109
Never heard of him...sucks to see another contributor call it quits though.
Ctone23
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States1841 Posts
December 15 2013 04:17 GMT
#110
On December 15 2013 12:56 Slardar wrote:
Never heard of him...sucks to see another contributor call it quits though.


Filter made an awesome video series during WoL that helped severe noobs such as myself, with no RTS experience, understand the game mechanics.

His "Big Lebowski" tone was easy to appreciate, especially considering the weak chat system SC2 implemented that made looking for advice difficult.

Google filtersc if you want to check them out.
TL+ Member
Doublemint
Profile Joined July 2011
Austria8760 Posts
December 15 2013 05:20 GMT
#111
On December 15 2013 13:17 Ctone23 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 12:56 Slardar wrote:
Never heard of him...sucks to see another contributor call it quits though.


Filter made an awesome video series during WoL that helped severe noobs such as myself, with no RTS experience, understand the game mechanics.

His "Big Lebowski" tone was easy to appreciate, especially considering the weak chat system SC2 implemented that made looking for advice difficult.

Google filtersc if you want to check them out.


Never heard of this guy as well... maybe because of the fact that I am Toss, but who knows. Too bad I guess.
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before the fall.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
December 15 2013 05:22 GMT
#112
Pretty big shame considering he's the only content producer that really focused on the bare basics of the game, which is the most important aspect of the game for anyone looking to be a strong player or an even stronger player.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-15 05:24:56
December 15 2013 05:24 GMT
#113
Umm...

I don't see how this deserves a thread. I guess he made some all-right videos sometime, but they really weren't teaching anything past common sense / basic stuff as far as I can recall. He quit the game, so did I, and many others, mainly because they don't enjoy the game. Many others play it because they do enjoy the game. Same deal with every game ever.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
j00pdaw00p
Profile Joined December 2013
47 Posts
December 15 2013 05:46 GMT
#114
On December 15 2013 14:24 Shikyo wrote:
Umm...

I don't see how this deserves a thread. I guess he made some all-right videos sometime, but they really weren't teaching anything past common sense / basic stuff as far as I can recall. He quit the game, so did I, and many others, mainly because they don't enjoy the game. Many others play it because they do enjoy the game. Same deal with every game ever.

Cool story bro, so why did you feel it necessary to comment that? If you don't care about him or what he does then don't comment.
Pursuit_
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States1330 Posts
December 15 2013 05:55 GMT
#115
On December 15 2013 14:24 Shikyo wrote:
Umm...

I don't see how this deserves a thread. I guess he made some all-right videos sometime, but they really weren't teaching anything past common sense / basic stuff as far as I can recall. He quit the game, so did I, and many others, mainly because they don't enjoy the game. Many others play it because they do enjoy the game. Same deal with every game ever.


Nice way to put somebody else down for no reason whatsoever. I for one think Filter provided some pretty cool content, helped out lots of new players who just needed to learn some of the stuff that seems like 'basic stuff' to more advanced players (and lets face it, most of the guides out there are geared more towards advanced players), and definitely deserves to be told we're thankful for all he's done for us. If you've never heard of him and/or don't care he's leaving, just don't comment. It's no different than going into somebodies fan club imo.

That being said, thanks for creating a really cool guide for lots of Terran players out there Filter, I'm sorry this project didn't turn out how you wanted it but I hope you have better luck in your future endeavors.
In Somnis Veritas
Waise
Profile Joined June 2013
3165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-15 06:20:38
December 15 2013 06:20 GMT
#116
On December 15 2013 02:56 UmberBane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 15 2013 02:54 HeeroFX wrote:
I really don't remember him. So it really is about as signficant as me quitting SC 2 but no one made a thread about it.


I think the word for it is egocentrism?

egocentrism is thinking that just because no one cares about YOU in the community that no one should care about another person who is liked and respected and created relevant content that mattered to people. it would be a pretty cold and unfriendly world if we lived by that logic.
Defenestrator
Profile Joined October 2011
400 Posts
December 15 2013 06:37 GMT
#117
OP don't get caught up with all the haters, it's a nice tribute. Not sure why so many people are so critical of this thread.

I referenced his videos for macro when giving advice to lower-level players, and his guides were referenced pretty widely on reddit's help threads and such.
Ultras and banelings go together like peas and carrots
Togekiss
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada154 Posts
December 15 2013 22:27 GMT
#118
Filter,

I remember thinking to myself several months ago, "I wonder what Filtersc has been up to lately? I haven't seen him around in quite a while..."

I just wanted to say, back in the WoL days I would hop onto TL after I'd get home from work, and go straight to the list of "non-featured" streamers to see if you were streaming.

I came from a console background with absolutely no pc gaming or rts experience before SC2, and I was having a very difficult time grasping the basics of the game, even though I so desperately wanted to improve. I had watched many other guides and tutorials, and was constantly searching for any information I could easily understand and apply as I tried to improve at the game - but alas, nothing I was able to find really had any impact on my improvement or motivation whatsoever.

Filter, I'm still not great at the game, but after discovering your content I was easily able to measure my progress and rapidly progress to the Diamond league.

It was always obvious to me that the content you produced was the direct result of not only the passion you had for this incredible game, but also the heart and soul you had poured into it - and this is something I think you deserve to be recognized and appreciated for.

If nothing else, I want you to know that the countless hours, time, and energy you put into helping others understand, love, and improve at SC2 was not a waste! I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and I also want you to know that you are somebody I will never forget whenever I think or talk about SC2, now and for as long down the road this game/the rts genre is part of my life...

Filtersc, thanks again for all you did to improve and strengthen this community. You were a soft-spoken and often under-appreciated hero. You will be dearly missed.
Plap
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3 Posts
December 15 2013 22:44 GMT
#119
Thanks for everything Filter.

Your videos helped me go from silver to diamond in no time, and are one of the first things I would show to my friends when they started to play SC2. Good luck in the future!
Boomjack
Profile Joined December 2013
Canada2 Posts
December 15 2013 23:22 GMT
#120
Sorry to see you go, but I would also like to chat with you Filter to see if we can find a way to make this work and continue your great contributions to the Starcraft 2 community. You can reach me at Hoskin at TenTonHammer.com

Good luck whatever you decide, but I think we can make this work and allow you to continue your incredible contributions. It's obvious that you have been an incredibly positive force in this community and we need more of those. Let's chat and see if we can make it happen.
Lover of family, eSports, video games and Warhammer 40K in that order.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft445
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft454
PiGStarcraft445
RuFF_SC2 171
PiLiPiLi 21
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1294
White-Ra 185
Noble 54
Hyuk 49
Bale 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4670
Counter-Strike
taco 677
minikerr17
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox754
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor677
Other Games
summit1g10580
Coldzera 842
JimRising 389
C9.Mang0328
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS37
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick734
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream95
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo554
• Stunt183
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 4m
Online Event
8h 4m
FEL
13h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.