• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:39
CEST 11:39
KST 18:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6531 users

Scelight 6.0: Patch 3.0 + LotV support - Page 45

Forum Index > SC2 General
927 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 Next All
Majick
Profile Joined August 2016
416 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-25 14:18:55
December 25 2019 14:17 GMT
#881
On December 25 2019 03:59 nujgnoy wrote:
Help please. scelight can't analyze any of my replays. All of them are error'ed.

When I try to analyze a replay manually, I get Error message saying
Show nested quote +
Could not parse replay file


The log says something like:
Show nested quote +
Failed to parse replay: ...
java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
at java.base...
at hu.scelight.sc2.rep...


I'm on ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS and I installed sc2 with Lutris.
I just installed scelight on Ubuntu through the https://snapcraft.io/scelight link.
I have both java 11 and 8 installed. scelight says it's using java 11.

Thank you!


Hey, sorry for off-topic, I don't have solution to your problem, but I have a question about running SC2 on Ubuntu.

Is it running well for you? I mean is the FPS fine and the game is not crashing randomly? Also are you playing on Bnet?
Is there a risk of getting banned due to that?

I am currently dual booting Windows and Ubuntu and I am using Windows only for SC2. I would be very happy to play it on Linux because then I don't need to bother with dual boot at all. I am just concerned about getting banned because I've read somewhere that Blizzard's anti-cheat was banning people for playing Diablo III through Wine. So I wonder, is it safe with SC2?
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
December 26 2019 06:45 GMT
#882
On December 25 2019 03:59 nujgnoy wrote:
Help please. scelight can't analyze any of my replays. All of them are error'ed.

When I try to analyze a replay manually, I get Error message saying
Show nested quote +
Could not parse replay file


The log says something like:
Show nested quote +
Failed to parse replay: ...
java.nio.BufferUnderflowException
at java.base...
at hu.scelight.sc2.rep...


I'm on ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS and I installed sc2 with Lutris.
I just installed scelight on Ubuntu through the https://snapcraft.io/scelight link.
I have both java 11 and 8 installed. scelight says it's using java 11.

Thank you!

Can you try downloading Scelight directly from its home page (not via snapcraft.io)?
https://repmastered.icza.net
nujgnoy
Profile Joined December 2009
United States204 Posts
December 26 2019 16:30 GMT
#883
Hi Dakota_Fanning,

Thanks for your response. I initially tried downloading from the website https://sites.google.com/site/scelight/. When I run the Scelight-linux.sh, I get the following error:

+ Show Spoiler +
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXB
at hu.sllauncher.LConsts.<clinit>(LConsts.java:52)
at hu.sllauncher.ScelightLauncher.setUserAgent(ScelightLauncher.java:116)
at hu.sllauncher.ScelightLauncher.main(ScelightLauncher.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXB
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
... 3 more


(I am not a programmer) I looked it up the best I could, and concluded that this is a java compatibility issue. It seems like scelight was written using maybe java 7. Apparently java.xml.bind was made obsolete since then. Current java 11 doesn't even ship with it. I learned that java 8 does ship with the module and I could tweak java 8 to use the module. I installed java 8 and changed Scelight-linux.sh to use java8 command (I made for scelight) instead of java command (the default command for java which all other programs use). The NoClassDefFoundError is gone, and it does launch (yay) and shows me the launcher. But, it automatically restores the Scelight-linux.sh and gets rid of the change I made (goes back to java instead of java8). It forces me to press RESTART with the restored Scelight-linux.sh, which gives me back the same NoClassDefFoundError. So I can't get into the replay analyzer and check whether scelight can parse replays when done this way.

All of my conclusions could be wrong since I know very little about programming.

This was when I found out about scelight on the app store.
SC-Shield
Profile Joined December 2018
Bulgaria880 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-26 22:33:23
December 26 2019 22:28 GMT
#884
On December 27 2019 01:30 nujgnoy wrote:
Hi Dakota_Fanning,

Thanks for your response. I initially tried downloading from the website https://sites.google.com/site/scelight/. When I run the Scelight-linux.sh, I get the following error:

+ Show Spoiler +
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXB
at hu.sllauncher.LConsts.<clinit>(LConsts.java:52)
at hu.sllauncher.ScelightLauncher.setUserAgent(ScelightLauncher.java:116)
at hu.sllauncher.ScelightLauncher.main(ScelightLauncher.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXB
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
... 3 more


(I am not a programmer) I looked it up the best I could, and concluded that this is a java compatibility issue. It seems like scelight was written using maybe java 7. Apparently java.xml.bind was made obsolete since then. Current java 11 doesn't even ship with it. I learned that java 8 does ship with the module and I could tweak java 8 to use the module. I installed java 8 and changed Scelight-linux.sh to use java8 command (I made for scelight) instead of java command (the default command for java which all other programs use). The NoClassDefFoundError is gone, and it does launch (yay) and shows me the launcher. But, it automatically restores the Scelight-linux.sh and gets rid of the change I made (goes back to java instead of java8). It forces me to press RESTART with the restored Scelight-linux.sh, which gives me back the same NoClassDefFoundError. So I can't get into the replay analyzer and check whether scelight can parse replays when done this way.

All of my conclusions could be wrong since I know very little about programming.

This was when I found out about scelight on the app store.


I stopped programming in Java years ago (I write in C++ nowadays), but the way I read the error is as follows:
Line 116 tries to get a string constant from LConsts.java. It doesn't know how to resolve the class (if it helps, you could think of it as a "dependency"), so you get this exception. Possibly some packaging/run issue you've got there. The file is here though: https://github.com/icza/scelight/blob/master/src-launcher/hu/sllauncher/LConsts.java

You just need to tell Java to find it. How? I don't know anymore as I don't write in Java nowadays.

Workaround (not recommended): you could try to get strings from LConsts.java and put them in ScelightLauncher.java
, but I suspect these predefined constants are used elsewhere too, so you'll probably get an error again. I suggest fixing the real issue.
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-12-27 05:16:46
December 27 2019 04:38 GMT
#885
On December 27 2019 01:30 nujgnoy wrote:
Hi Dakota_Fanning,

Thanks for your response. I initially tried downloading from the website https://sites.google.com/site/scelight/. When I run the Scelight-linux.sh, I get the following error:

+ Show Spoiler +
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXB
at hu.sllauncher.LConsts.<clinit>(LConsts.java:52)
at hu.sllauncher.ScelightLauncher.setUserAgent(ScelightLauncher.java:116)
at hu.sllauncher.ScelightLauncher.main(ScelightLauncher.java:84)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.JAXB
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:581)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:521)
... 3 more


(I am not a programmer) I looked it up the best I could, and concluded that this is a java compatibility issue. It seems like scelight was written using maybe java 7. Apparently java.xml.bind was made obsolete since then. Current java 11 doesn't even ship with it. I learned that java 8 does ship with the module and I could tweak java 8 to use the module. I installed java 8 and changed Scelight-linux.sh to use java8 command (I made for scelight) instead of java command (the default command for java which all other programs use). The NoClassDefFoundError is gone, and it does launch (yay) and shows me the launcher. But, it automatically restores the Scelight-linux.sh and gets rid of the change I made (goes back to java instead of java8). It forces me to press RESTART with the restored Scelight-linux.sh, which gives me back the same NoClassDefFoundError. So I can't get into the replay analyzer and check whether scelight can parse replays when done this way.

All of my conclusions could be wrong since I know very little about programming.

This was when I found out about scelight on the app store.

Good thinking there. What you did is fine, but know that the Scelight launcher repairs its own files if modification is detected.

So instead make a copy of Scelight-linux.sh, e.g. Scelight-linux-2.sh, and modify that copy to use Java8, and use that copy to launch it. Since the Scelight-linux-2.sh is not part of the Scelight app, that file will not be touched by the launcher.

Also note that since the Scelight-linux.sh script (might) change from time-to-time, you'd have to reflect those changes in your copy. To avoid that, the copy could just set the proper java binary to be used, and let the original script launch the app (which is kept up-to-date). This could be achieved by setting proper PATH, or alias or symlink to the java to be used.
https://repmastered.icza.net
EternalPhear
Profile Joined December 2019
1 Post
December 27 2019 14:20 GMT
#886
Hi there!

I'm having an issue with Scelight. Not sure the steps I could take to help troubleshoot is as I've zero programming know-how but I'll do my best to explain. And maybe include a screenshot.
SO, when I've got the program loaded up and am going through replays the screen starts... tearing? The main window and everything just goes right to Hell on me. Menus, graphs, map images... everything. I tried searching through the thread for something similar but couldn't find anything.
Included is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.
[image loading]

Thanks for any help you're able to provide. Love the program!

Eternal
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
December 28 2019 15:48 GMT
#887
On December 27 2019 23:20 EternalPhear wrote:
Hi there!

I'm having an issue with Scelight. Not sure the steps I could take to help troubleshoot is as I've zero programming know-how but I'll do my best to explain. And maybe include a screenshot.
SO, when I've got the program loaded up and am going through replays the screen starts... tearing? The main window and everything just goes right to Hell on me. Menus, graphs, map images... everything. I tried searching through the thread for something similar but couldn't find anything.
Included is a screenshot of what I'm talking about.
[image loading]

Thanks for any help you're able to provide. Love the program!

Eternal

I think this same issue has been reported before, see:

UI broken after a few minutes of use #15
https://repmastered.icza.net
nujgnoy
Profile Joined December 2009
United States204 Posts
December 28 2019 20:59 GMT
#888
Hi Dakota Fanning,

Thank you for the suggestion! I didn’t think about creating a new sh. It is a super simple solution for now and it works flawlessly now! Next issue: it scelight says my apm is only 100 when I am pretty sure it’s 800. Haha just kidding, Thanks again!

GartenZerg
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany3 Posts
February 12 2020 09:16 GMT
#889
Hi Fanning,
I am new to Scelight and for data-mining analysis of a large number of replays i would like to know if i can export the chart data (e.g the one seen in the image of this post) to a file. Equally important question: If not, is the chart data at least accessable to the developer version of scelight?

Greetings
GartenZerg
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-24 18:29:18
February 18 2020 12:39 GMT
#890
On February 12 2020 18:16 GartenZerg wrote:
Hi Fanning,
I am new to Scelight and for data-mining analysis of a large number of replays i would like to know if i can export the chart data (e.g the one seen in the image of this post) to a file. Equally important question: If not, is the chart data at least accessable to the developer version of scelight?

Greetings
GartenZerg


Scelight does not support exporting the chart data, but since it's open source, you could alter the source to dump the chart data you're interested in: https://github.com/icza/scelight

Another option would be to use one of my other tools called s2prot (https://github.com/icza/s2prot) which can dump the actions of a replay which you may process further. It also has an API and you can access the replay data to make calculation (it's written in Go).
https://repmastered.icza.net
Kertorak
Profile Joined November 2019
125 Posts
February 26 2020 20:13 GMT
#891
Hi, i see the latest news is from 2017, "supporting replays for version xxx". So allow me to wonder, if I can use this for the current Sc2 version?
I wish I had quality over quantity | "The point of Sc<x> is that your skill a constant WIP - which provides that unique joy of the game - not to post which rank you are in a this moment"
pres.sure
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany104 Posts
February 26 2020 20:20 GMT
#892
Yes, you can! It's regularly updated within a few days whenever the replay format changes due to a patch.
Kertorak
Profile Joined November 2019
125 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-26 21:31:02
February 26 2020 20:22 GMT
#893
edit: nvm I had to use the sha-256 checksum, didn't know.

thanks pres.sure
thanks daktota_fanning

edit2:
FYI - I found this thread only by:
- after countless laddering and having to rename each game manually including problems like "name exists already" etc
I usually renamed them: 11 PT+ <Mapname unchanged> (mode, matchup, mapname, number or perhaps date) needless to say it got tedious ->
- having prepared writing a suggestion to blizzard...
- then thinking about and looking for a starcraft replay helper at a search engine that would autoname my replays (somehow)...
- result led me to a link for us.battle.net/forum... about a user asking for sc2gears @blizzard 2012
SC2Gears Auto-save Question - StarCraft II Forums - Blizzard ...
us.battle.net › forums › topic
Apr 28, 2012 - 5 posts - ‎3 authors

- the post didn't exist anymore
- I then searched in the web for: sc2gears ...
- I found teamliquids entries
- I read through alot of sc2gears posts including your main post, and its open source present in 2015 https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/498255-my-present-open-sourcing-the-sc2gears-universe
- since I never heard of sc2 gears before I then assumed the support stopped! (not the first time I see something that I found in the web"storage" but stopped in 2019/20, for the current sc2 version...)
- anyways read through the open source forum at teamliquid and found "my "secret" project...
- this led me to https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/423280-my-secret-new-project
- I went all the way to page 13... and dakotas post from 2013 led me to this topic finally.

I don't know if this is helpful, I hope it is a bit, at least it's a "cool story"
- now it's 2020 and I can just say: Awesome job that it's still active. I don't know what it can do yet but managing my replays sounds for what I searched... it looks comprehensive for extra needs, certainly.

feedback:
- I wonder I never heard of this, seems to deserve alot more attention (either reddit, blizzard, w/e) but then I'm not too long in the active scene (playing to improve, and out of the game training and research), I was more casual before... so take this feedback with a grain of salt.




edit3: Question Time:
1) - How do I make sure the program is not interacting with the internet, unless I press "check for updates"? I'm using mobile connection sometimes (laptop and mobile). and the data volume is limited...
Thanks

2) How do I filter for "PvP" read: Protoss vs Protoss ?
- In Scelight, in my replay list (which is pretty big) tried the search: "PvP"
but it will also put me through the "Leagues" column... "PvP" for platin vs platin...
so this will not only point at unwanted PvP(Protoss vs Protoss) replays but also any match up that was in platin vs platin (pvp) like PvT etc...
- in other words I want to look at the list of ALL of my PvPs read: Protoss vs Protoss.
- Of course I tried the Filter "PvP", too.
- I could "filter out" any other matchup, but each time I reenter the program, doesn't sound optimal:
pvt OR tvp OR zvp OR pvz OR zvt OR tvz OR tvt OR zvz OR Z
(pretty long, too, and not even counting in solo modes and team modes) (more filter not possible: i wanted to add "OR T" but then all went empty)
- Feedback: That's what I did with my personal replay storages previously: I looked for PP - my acronym for Protoss vs Protoss, and it was unique in my replay names.)

3) Is there a way to only load replays that are 1 month or fresher into the "list"?



I just installed the program and tried to solve it myself first of course, sorry if these might be nooby-questions and thanks to anyone for answering anything.
I wish I had quality over quantity | "The point of Sc<x> is that your skill a constant WIP - which provides that unique joy of the game - not to post which rank you are in a this moment"
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-27 12:39:15
February 27 2020 08:21 GMT
#894
On February 27 2020 05:13 Kertorak wrote:
Hi, i see the latest news is from 2017, "supporting replays for version xxx". So allow me to wonder, if I can use this for the current Sc2 version?

Latest news is from December 4, 2019. And Scelight doesn't need to be updated for each SC2 patch, because the replay format does not always change. It supports the latest SC2 replays, and all previous ones, back to the "beta" age before the official launch on June 27, 2010.

Edit: I just realized by latest news you meant in the first post of this thread. I don't update that with news, the up-to-date news are inside Scelight, or the same content can be found here:

http://scelightop.appspot.com/news/news.html
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-27 12:44:54
February 27 2020 08:44 GMT
#895
On February 27 2020 05:22 Kertorak wrote:
edit: nvm I had to use the sha-256 checksum, didn't know.

thanks pres.sure
thanks daktota_fanning

edit2:
FYI - I found this thread only by:
- after countless laddering and having to rename each game manually including problems like "name exists already" etc
I usually renamed them: 11 PT+ <Mapname unchanged> (mode, matchup, mapname, number or perhaps date) needless to say it got tedious ->
- having prepared writing a suggestion to blizzard...
- then thinking about and looking for a starcraft replay helper at a search engine that would autoname my replays (somehow)...
- result led me to a link for us.battle.net/forum... about a user asking for sc2gears @blizzard 2012
Show nested quote +
SC2Gears Auto-save Question - StarCraft II Forums - Blizzard ...
us.battle.net › forums › topic
Apr 28, 2012 - 5 posts - ‎3 authors

- the post didn't exist anymore
- I then searched in the web for: sc2gears ...
- I found teamliquids entries
- I read through alot of sc2gears posts including your main post, and its open source present in 2015 https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/498255-my-present-open-sourcing-the-sc2gears-universe
- since I never heard of sc2 gears before I then assumed the support stopped! (not the first time I see something that I found in the web"storage" but stopped in 2019/20, for the current sc2 version...)
- anyways read through the open source forum at teamliquid and found "my "secret" project...
- this led me to https://tl.net/forum/starcraft-2/423280-my-secret-new-project
- I went all the way to page 13... and dakotas post from 2013 led me to this topic finally.

I don't know if this is helpful, I hope it is a bit, at least it's a "cool story"
- now it's 2020 and I can just say: Awesome job that it's still active. I don't know what it can do yet but managing my replays sounds for what I searched... it looks comprehensive for extra needs, certainly.

feedback:
- I wonder I never heard of this, seems to deserve alot more attention (either reddit, blizzard, w/e) but then I'm not too long in the active scene (playing to improve, and out of the game training and research), I was more casual before... so take this feedback with a grain of salt.




edit3: Question Time:
1) - How do I make sure the program is not interacting with the internet, unless I press "check for updates"? I'm using mobile connection sometimes (laptop and mobile). and the data volume is limited...
Thanks

2) How do I filter for "PvP" read: Protoss vs Protoss ?
- In Scelight, in my replay list (which is pretty big) tried the search: "PvP"
but it will also put me through the "Leagues" column... "PvP" for platin vs platin...
so this will not only point at unwanted PvP(Protoss vs Protoss) replays but also any match up that was in platin vs platin (pvp) like PvT etc...
- in other words I want to look at the list of ALL of my PvPs read: Protoss vs Protoss.
- Of course I tried the Filter "PvP", too.
- I could "filter out" any other matchup, but each time I reenter the program, doesn't sound optimal:
pvt OR tvp OR zvp OR pvz OR zvt OR tvz OR tvt OR zvz OR Z
(pretty long, too, and not even counting in solo modes and team modes) (more filter not possible: i wanted to add "OR T" but then all went empty)
- Feedback: That's what I did with my personal replay storages previously: I looked for PP - my acronym for Protoss vs Protoss, and it was unique in my replay names.)

3) Is there a way to only load replays that are 1 month or fresher into the "list"?



I just installed the program and tried to solve it myself first of course, sorry if these might be nooby-questions and thanks to anyone for answering anything.



That is quite the adventure how you found it

Unfortunately there's not much more I could do to advertise it. Many people just don't care, and many would do who don't know it, but I don't know what else I should do. Blizzard doesn't seem to willing to play a role here.

Answer time:

1. There is no option to turn off internet access. Scelight uses internet connection to:
  • Check for updates - negligible.
  • To fetch News content when launched, or when you open News from the Help menu. Moderate and one-time traffic.
  • To download missing maps, so it's able to present map previews. This is considered big traffic, as maps may be multiple MBs. But it uses SC2's map cache, so maps are not downloaded multiple times, and not once if you already have them. To make sure it doesn't use your mobile bandwidth, search the replays when you're on LAN or wifi, so maps get downloaded and they won't need to be again.


2. Using a replay filter:

Filter by Group: "Replay"
Filter by: "Race matchup"
Operator: = (equal)
Value: "pvp"
And that's all.

And you do not have to build the filter all the time. You may save the filter, and then you can load it any time.

You could say: that's still a few clicks to select the filter and repeat the search.

The answer to that is that you can attach replay filters to Replay Folders, so when you open them, the attached filters are applied automatically.


3. Well, partially. You may use a Replay filter to only list replays played after a given date/time, but you can't make this limit dynamic, e.g. you can't use "now - 1 month".

The replay filter could look like this:

Filter by Group: "Replay"
Filter by: "Replay date"
Operator: > (greater than)
Value: "2020-02-01 00:00:00"

This will list only replays played after February 1, 2020. After a while (when the result gets too long again), you may update the filter: change the timestamp to your wishes.


I'm glad you like the tool and find it useful. Spread the word Let me know if you have other questions or problems. Cheers.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Kertorak
Profile Joined November 2019
125 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-02-27 13:41:02
February 27 2020 13:32 GMT
#896
Tvm! I'll try that.
I personally like programs where I can turn auto downloads off or that prompt me, as a little feedback, but I'm just one person.

On February 27 2020 17:44 Dakota_Fanning wrote:

Unfortunately there's not much more I could do to advertise it. Many people just don't care, and many would do who don't know it, but I don't know what else I should do. Blizzard doesn't seem to willing to play a role here.

-One thing that came to mind yesterday is putting this thread link into your signature? Why not - but maybe you have your reasons. When you post into another thread here at teamliquid, everyone that reads your post will consider clicking the link.
-The second one, make a post at battle.net (general seems to be most active) and reddit (race ones seem to be most active) each month or so. From my experience people appreciate quality work in sc2 alot, if it's not about nerfing their race. Otherwise when people naturally have interest and ask around I'm sure they get guided here, again I'm not too versed on the scene.

Thanks again and I will ask some questions if I have, and tell anyone when there is the opportunity.
I wish I had quality over quantity | "The point of Sc<x> is that your skill a constant WIP - which provides that unique joy of the game - not to post which rank you are in a this moment"
BeoMulf
Profile Joined January 2014
United States94 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-19 21:02:42
April 18 2020 09:02 GMT
#897
Hey, I've found that occasionally using the mass replay rename function, where it renames the files and then undoes the rename. Not sure if this is bug or user error.

Update: It appears that auto-rename overrides manual rename
Find me at twitch.tv/beomulf
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-04-21 05:49:22
April 21 2020 05:49 GMT
#898
On April 18 2020 18:02 BeoMulf wrote:
Hey, I've found that occasionally using the mass replay rename function, where it renames the files and then undoes the rename. Not sure if this is bug or user error.

Update: It appears that auto-rename overrides manual rename

So the "issue" is that if you manually rename replays that are in a watched folder, they are detected as new files and auto-rename is activated for those "new" replays.
https://repmastered.icza.net
Dakota_Fanning *
Profile Joined January 2008
Hungary2369 Posts
July 18 2020 22:45 GMT
#899
Released Scelight 6.5.3, adding support for 4.11 and 4.13 reps (not yet released).
https://repmastered.icza.net
LuckyGnomTV
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Russian Federation367 Posts
July 28 2020 13:10 GMT
#900
Do I need to wait for the update for 5.0 replays to work or is it a problem on my side?
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1400
Bisu 1040
Soma 503
hero 184
EffOrt 173
Pusan 114
HiyA 81
ZerO 59
soO 52
sorry 42
[ Show more ]
Killer 37
Shinee 33
Rush 30
Sharp 28
Mong 27
Bale 25
Terrorterran 11
Noble 10
JulyZerg 7
Stork 0
Dota 2
Gorgc297
Counter-Strike
edward87
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft772
crisheroes734
Other Games
gofns45696
olofmeister1183
singsing1173
ceh9539
Livibee209
Pyrionflax146
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick532
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream470
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 20
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH330
• StrangeGG 31
• LUISG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2380
League of Legends
• Jankos1594
• Rush1383
• Stunt451
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21m
Afreeca Starleague
21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
14h 21m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 1h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.