• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:37
CEST 12:37
KST 19:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8027 users

SK MC's thoughts on the current state of SC2 - Page 49

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 52 Next
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-12 05:44:35
September 12 2013 05:40 GMT
#961
MC delivers, he has the attitude of a pro and his analysis is really well-thought although I do quite agree with him regarding PvZ from a spectator point of view.

There's still too many timings and all-ins that seem too strong and since P can reinforce very quickly, if you miss one beat as Z it can be gg, which can be quite frustrating for the viewers as zergs don't even bother to try to defend : if they can't break the push at 1st try they just leave the game.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
saddaromma
Profile Joined April 2013
1129 Posts
September 12 2013 05:50 GMT
#962
On September 12 2013 14:38 rezoacken wrote:
To me esport is at an alltime low.
Moba are the big thing right now but I really dont get the hype for those and can't get myself to watch them without getting bored out of my mind. It's way too slow and unexciting from a viewer point of view.
And SC2 hasn't been interesting to me for a long time due to design decisions Blizzard doesn't want to get rid off making the game way too volatile and battles way too quick and too decisive to make the game exciting.

Last e-sport thing I've watched were some pro matches of Age of Conquerors (aoe2)...


Speak for yourself. I'm mostly on the edge of my seat while watching high profile LCS games.

Ofc, boring games happen, every sports have boring games.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-12 05:58:59
September 12 2013 05:57 GMT
#963
On September 12 2013 14:50 saddaromma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 14:38 rezoacken wrote:
To me esport is at an alltime low.
Moba are the big thing right now but I really dont get the hype for those and can't get myself to watch them without getting bored out of my mind. It's way too slow and unexciting from a viewer point of view.
And SC2 hasn't been interesting to me for a long time due to design decisions Blizzard doesn't want to get rid off making the game way too volatile and battles way too quick and too decisive to make the game exciting.

Last e-sport thing I've watched were some pro matches of Age of Conquerors (aoe2)...


Speak for yourself. I'm mostly on the edge of my seat while watching high profile LCS games.

Ofc, boring games happen, every sports have boring games.


Yeah of course I'm just expressing my point of view, that's pretty obvious from my post unless you want me to add "imo" at every sentences... I doubt the dozens of thousands of viewers just watch out of boredom.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
Maeldun
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia169 Posts
September 12 2013 08:16 GMT
#964
give zerg free 3/3 like terran. that is what MC is hinting at.
Nibbler89
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
884 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-12 09:02:03
September 12 2013 08:24 GMT
#965
On September 12 2013 10:15 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 04:06 Nibbler89 wrote:
On September 12 2013 02:58 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 12 2013 02:42 Clbull wrote:
On September 11 2013 22:55 geokilla wrote:
On September 11 2013 20:20 saddaromma wrote:
On September 11 2013 20:10 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 11 2013 20:01 a4bisu wrote:
Why don't Blizzard just make a SCII version of Brood war? It will bring us back those good old spl, msl, osl.
Oh well, it will instantly kill WoL or HotS. And they will make no money.

It will not bring us any spl, osl, msl. You must be naive to even bother thinking so. Why? Cause LoL. (not to mention MBC went full music channel soon after match fixing scandal (if my memory serves me right)),


What LoL has to do with sc2's decline? SC2 started falling apart long before LoL took off in Korea. BW left huge empty space which SC2 couldn't fill and LoL naturally took it. LoL is constantly evolving, SC2 doesn't. I can't understand some people around here. It seems best strategy is to sit and do nothing. Whenever I suggest any change I'll automatically become SC2-hater and will be asked to leave the thread.

When the community leaves SC2 for LoL, SC2 can't sustain itself. That's because SC2 is less fun to play, has too many issues, and the skill ceiling so too damn high. Most people play games to have fun in a relaxed manner. LoL delivers that according to my friends. Out of all my friends that I added on SC2, I'm the only one left that plays SC2. There used to be like 30 people on at any given time.

Let me explain a few things. I have quite a few friends that play LoL or Dota 2 who mocked me for liking StarCraft 2 or started groaning whenever I'd even give it even one mention in a conversation. Out of all the people I added on SC2, very few of them still play. One friend stopped following the scene in late 2012 because of the patchzerg pandemic and stagnant, boring metagame of WoL, another who told me she was impressed with how Ret played in the Battle.net European Invitational against Naniwa stopped following the scene by the next year out of the same reason.

I used to be part of an anime/gaming society at university. When greeting myself during our first meetup, I mentioned one of my favorite games was StarCraft II and I liked watching tournaments. Two people chuckled at me and I think a few others were trying to hold back laughter. Mind you, Brits really hate the idea of video games as a competitive sport for some reason, but to receive ridicule from gamers and otakus, some of whom were regular LoL players?

They were LoL players, what did you expect :3? And i guess, it is rather known, that LoL community is one of more toxic ones (and that correlates with my theory of the community being the more toxic, the larger it is).

Eh part of the reason I've been playing more league recently is how toxic I find the sc2 community especially as a terran player
On September 11 2013 22:22 Maeldun wrote:
Well terran seems pretty broken right now, so that was more my point. They get free 3/3 and crazy aoe damage. Derp rally attack. Super "macro" skills required (that is, queuing masses of marines, mines, medivacs).

User was warned for this post

Is an example of what I'm talking about, and it's sad how common it is people think this way, especially when the race you play is the least played race so the majority tends to side against you. When I do play sc2 now I just play protoss because it's the most played race and thus the most accepted.
I really don't think it's any worse in league, it might even be better, people aren't divided by what champions they pick.


I bet you were one of those players at the end of WoL who complained about zerg non stop no matter how bad the terran played at times.

Also in reality this community isn't anywhere as toxic as some other communities like LoL or Dota2 or Cod.

??? aren't you just reinforcing my point? "I bet you are x and thought x wrong thing because you played terran",
I could turn around and say " oh i bet you were one of those players that tried to defend infestor broodlord no matter how bad the zerg played at times" but that would be stupid. Maybe the community doesn't seem as toxic to you because people don't randomly shove wrong statements into your mouth based on what race you play(although like I said i stopped playing terran so there's really no need for the hate, I can play random or zerg as well and I think I prefer it this way all the races are pretty fun in hots). I mean this is coming from a respected community member / zerg player as well, imagine what the typical player is like. I can't speak to Dota2 or cod as I haven't played those much but I haven't really had that many negative experiences in league so far.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27412 Posts
September 12 2013 10:28 GMT
#966
On September 12 2013 14:57 rezoacken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 14:50 saddaromma wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:38 rezoacken wrote:
To me esport is at an alltime low.
Moba are the big thing right now but I really dont get the hype for those and can't get myself to watch them without getting bored out of my mind. It's way too slow and unexciting from a viewer point of view.
And SC2 hasn't been interesting to me for a long time due to design decisions Blizzard doesn't want to get rid off making the game way too volatile and battles way too quick and too decisive to make the game exciting.

Last e-sport thing I've watched were some pro matches of Age of Conquerors (aoe2)...


Speak for yourself. I'm mostly on the edge of my seat while watching high profile LCS games.

Ofc, boring games happen, every sports have boring games.


Yeah of course I'm just expressing my point of view, that's pretty obvious from my post unless you want me to add "imo" at every sentences... I doubt the dozens of thousands of viewers just watch out of boredom.

I don't inherently have a problem with MOBAs but have developed an irrational hatred of them due to the incessant SC2/MOBA pissinh contest that has gone on for the past god knows how long.

I suck at MOBAs but I do understand how they work. Just find things too bright and confusing to watch. Being colourblind doesn't help that's for sure
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-12 16:50:26
September 12 2013 16:48 GMT
#967
On September 12 2013 04:06 Nibbler89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 02:58 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 12 2013 02:42 Clbull wrote:
On September 11 2013 22:55 geokilla wrote:
On September 11 2013 20:20 saddaromma wrote:
On September 11 2013 20:10 lolfail9001 wrote:
On September 11 2013 20:01 a4bisu wrote:
Why don't Blizzard just make a SCII version of Brood war? It will bring us back those good old spl, msl, osl.
Oh well, it will instantly kill WoL or HotS. And they will make no money.

It will not bring us any spl, osl, msl. You must be naive to even bother thinking so. Why? Cause LoL. (not to mention MBC went full music channel soon after match fixing scandal (if my memory serves me right)),


What LoL has to do with sc2's decline? SC2 started falling apart long before LoL took off in Korea. BW left huge empty space which SC2 couldn't fill and LoL naturally took it. LoL is constantly evolving, SC2 doesn't. I can't understand some people around here. It seems best strategy is to sit and do nothing. Whenever I suggest any change I'll automatically become SC2-hater and will be asked to leave the thread.

When the community leaves SC2 for LoL, SC2 can't sustain itself. That's because SC2 is less fun to play, has too many issues, and the skill ceiling so too damn high. Most people play games to have fun in a relaxed manner. LoL delivers that according to my friends. Out of all my friends that I added on SC2, I'm the only one left that plays SC2. There used to be like 30 people on at any given time.

Let me explain a few things. I have quite a few friends that play LoL or Dota 2 who mocked me for liking StarCraft 2 or started groaning whenever I'd even give it even one mention in a conversation. Out of all the people I added on SC2, very few of them still play. One friend stopped following the scene in late 2012 because of the patchzerg pandemic and stagnant, boring metagame of WoL, another who told me she was impressed with how Ret played in the Battle.net European Invitational against Naniwa stopped following the scene by the next year out of the same reason.

I used to be part of an anime/gaming society at university. When greeting myself during our first meetup, I mentioned one of my favorite games was StarCraft II and I liked watching tournaments. Two people chuckled at me and I think a few others were trying to hold back laughter. Mind you, Brits really hate the idea of video games as a competitive sport for some reason, but to receive ridicule from gamers and otakus, some of whom were regular LoL players?

They were LoL players, what did you expect :3? And i guess, it is rather known, that LoL community is one of more toxic ones (and that correlates with my theory of the community being the more toxic, the larger it is).

Eh part of the reason I've been playing more league recently is how toxic I find the sc2 community especially as a terran player
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2013 22:22 Maeldun wrote:
Well terran seems pretty broken right now, so that was more my point. They get free 3/3 and crazy aoe damage. Derp rally attack. Super "macro" skills required (that is, queuing masses of marines, mines, medivacs).

User was warned for this post

Is an example of what I'm talking about, and it's sad how common it is people think this way, especially when the race you play is the least played race so the majority tends to side against you. When I do play sc2 now I just play protoss because it's the most played race and thus the most accepted.
I really don't think it's any worse in league, it might even be better, people aren't divided by what champions they pick.

I got called an autistic fuck and a massive cunt for playing passively last night. Against a Zerg who intentionally dragged the game out by droning massively, making nothing but swarm hosts, vipers and corruptors and turtling with spines and spores everywhere.

I agree, the SC2 community is toxic-as-shit and in a way that would make League of Legends seem like kindergarten.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
September 12 2013 20:53 GMT
#968
On September 12 2013 19:28 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 14:57 rezoacken wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:50 saddaromma wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:38 rezoacken wrote:
To me esport is at an alltime low.
Moba are the big thing right now but I really dont get the hype for those and can't get myself to watch them without getting bored out of my mind. It's way too slow and unexciting from a viewer point of view.
And SC2 hasn't been interesting to me for a long time due to design decisions Blizzard doesn't want to get rid off making the game way too volatile and battles way too quick and too decisive to make the game exciting.

Last e-sport thing I've watched were some pro matches of Age of Conquerors (aoe2)...


Speak for yourself. I'm mostly on the edge of my seat while watching high profile LCS games.

Ofc, boring games happen, every sports have boring games.


Yeah of course I'm just expressing my point of view, that's pretty obvious from my post unless you want me to add "imo" at every sentences... I doubt the dozens of thousands of viewers just watch out of boredom.

I don't inherently have a problem with MOBAs but have developed an irrational hatred of them due to the incessant SC2/MOBA pissinh contest that has gone on for the past god knows how long.

I suck at MOBAs but I do understand how they work. Just find things too bright and confusing to watch. Being colourblind doesn't help that's for sure


Oh I'm all with you, I understand the game but I don't understand the hype. It's a bit like American Football to me, I understand the game but I think it fucking sucks
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
saddaromma
Profile Joined April 2013
1129 Posts
September 12 2013 21:19 GMT
#969
On September 13 2013 05:53 rezoacken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2013 19:28 Wombat_NI wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:57 rezoacken wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:50 saddaromma wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:38 rezoacken wrote:
To me esport is at an alltime low.
Moba are the big thing right now but I really dont get the hype for those and can't get myself to watch them without getting bored out of my mind. It's way too slow and unexciting from a viewer point of view.
And SC2 hasn't been interesting to me for a long time due to design decisions Blizzard doesn't want to get rid off making the game way too volatile and battles way too quick and too decisive to make the game exciting.

Last e-sport thing I've watched were some pro matches of Age of Conquerors (aoe2)...


Speak for yourself. I'm mostly on the edge of my seat while watching high profile LCS games.

Ofc, boring games happen, every sports have boring games.


Yeah of course I'm just expressing my point of view, that's pretty obvious from my post unless you want me to add "imo" at every sentences... I doubt the dozens of thousands of viewers just watch out of boredom.

I don't inherently have a problem with MOBAs but have developed an irrational hatred of them due to the incessant SC2/MOBA pissinh contest that has gone on for the past god knows how long.

I suck at MOBAs but I do understand how they work. Just find things too bright and confusing to watch. Being colourblind doesn't help that's for sure


Oh I'm all with you, I understand the game but I don't understand the hype. It's a bit like American Football to me, I understand the game but I think it fucking sucks

At first it sucked for me too. But I started paying attention to little details, like who focusing who, synchronized execution of combos, team decisions or all-ins in dire situations. It becomes much more interesting the more you watch. Especially korean leagues.
rezoacken
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2719 Posts
September 12 2013 21:37 GMT
#970
On September 13 2013 06:19 saddaromma wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2013 05:53 rezoacken wrote:
On September 12 2013 19:28 Wombat_NI wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:57 rezoacken wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:50 saddaromma wrote:
On September 12 2013 14:38 rezoacken wrote:
To me esport is at an alltime low.
Moba are the big thing right now but I really dont get the hype for those and can't get myself to watch them without getting bored out of my mind. It's way too slow and unexciting from a viewer point of view.
And SC2 hasn't been interesting to me for a long time due to design decisions Blizzard doesn't want to get rid off making the game way too volatile and battles way too quick and too decisive to make the game exciting.

Last e-sport thing I've watched were some pro matches of Age of Conquerors (aoe2)...


Speak for yourself. I'm mostly on the edge of my seat while watching high profile LCS games.

Ofc, boring games happen, every sports have boring games.


Yeah of course I'm just expressing my point of view, that's pretty obvious from my post unless you want me to add "imo" at every sentences... I doubt the dozens of thousands of viewers just watch out of boredom.

I don't inherently have a problem with MOBAs but have developed an irrational hatred of them due to the incessant SC2/MOBA pissinh contest that has gone on for the past god knows how long.

I suck at MOBAs but I do understand how they work. Just find things too bright and confusing to watch. Being colourblind doesn't help that's for sure


Oh I'm all with you, I understand the game but I don't understand the hype. It's a bit like American Football to me, I understand the game but I think it fucking sucks

At first it sucked for me too. But I started paying attention to little details, like who focusing who, synchronized execution of combos, team decisions or all-ins in dire situations. It becomes much more interesting the more you watch. Especially korean leagues.


Doubt it. Do you actually like the game yourself ? Because I don't so... yeah.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
September 12 2013 21:53 GMT
#971
cmon guys, focus on MC's comment(even if he does mention LoL lol). He makes good points. Some matches especially TvP became and remain stagnant since even before HoTS. Playing the same game, similar build and being unable to deviate due to the good chance of losing outright was frustrating for me at least. More frustrating I guess is when my opponent would work on massing colossi off 2 base then proceed to destroy my army like it was nothing. Of course, I'm sure I've made mistakes but having little variety in 1/3 of your games(terran player, 3 mu's to play) makes the game rather dull and hard to get into. I guess it's part of the reason I haven't played a SCII game in months now ><
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Ingsoc
Profile Joined September 2012
59 Posts
September 15 2013 22:57 GMT
#972
I wonder if this would have gotten more attention if MC didn't compare the current state of SC2 with BW.
Jawra
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden146 Posts
September 16 2013 01:27 GMT
#973
On September 16 2013 07:57 Ingsoc wrote:
I wonder if this would have gotten more attention if MC didn't compare the current state of SC2 with BW.


It's not wrong to compare the two, actually it's beneficial for Sc2 =P Blizzard should take more aspects from BW, especially regarding the midgame passivity.
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
September 16 2013 02:01 GMT
#974
It became stagnant again after three consecutive hellbat nerfs,
- reintroduction of transformation servos
- increase of loading size from 2 to 4.
- reintroduction of the blue flame requirement

Thanks SC2 forum trolls.
Cauterize the area
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
September 16 2013 02:02 GMT
#975
On September 16 2013 11:01 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
It became stagnant again after three consecutive hellbat nerfs,
- reintroduction of transformation servos
- increase of loading size from 2 to 4.
- reintroduction of the blue flame requirement

Thanks SC2 forum trolls.


hellbat drops all day?
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
September 16 2013 02:15 GMT
#976
I think we should take small steps. First, lower tanks supply by 1, and replace thors with goliaths. This should make mech more viable as a start. Of course, you may consider siege tank's damage as well.
Hattori_Hanzo
Profile Joined October 2010
Singapore1229 Posts
September 16 2013 02:21 GMT
#977
On September 16 2013 11:02 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2013 11:01 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
It became stagnant again after three consecutive hellbat nerfs,
- reintroduction of transformation servos
- increase of loading size from 2 to 4.
- reintroduction of the blue flame requirement

Thanks SC2 forum trolls.


hellbat drops all day?


It was close to being solved by the meta, when anticipating hellbat drops, opponents would start turreting up and/or add in anti-air flying units to patrol the blind spots.

It was beginning to look interesting with all that action around the map as T would try to sneak in a hellbat drop while pushing the front. But noooooooooooooooo, Big Daddy Designer had to come "save the day" with a hellbat nerf.

I facepalmed so hard I didn't watch a game until last Friday.
Sorry Blizzard, it is YOU who is killing SC2 scene.
Cauterize the area
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-16 02:37:26
September 16 2013 02:22 GMT
#978
On request of Plexa and a (locked) thread I posted here detailing my full post, I feel like I completely agree with SKMC. Terran especially is one dimensional.

I will not copy and paste this post and will instead summarize it due to four reasons: 1) My thread is locked so I can't even copy and paste everything and can't be bothered to edit using BBCode, 2) My thread hasn't been deleted, only locked for I feel, good reason which has been explained thoroughly, 3) It was too long winded anyway and 4) I am not qualified to comment on proposed gameplay changes.

Biomine needs a nerf. It should not be the predominant playstyle in every stage of the mid and late game for TvZ. This can be done by nerfing the Medivac to no longer have Boost and by either nerfing, redesigning or outright removing the Widow Mine. By fixing this we will hopefully stop seeing Zergs forced into mutalisks to hold aggression. Some of David Kim's proposed changes such as Medivac Boost are downright retarded. Terrans never had a problem in Wings of Liberty executing drop play. Why do they need boosted drop speed?

At the same time bio may need a small, minor nerf so that it's not so effective in the late game. It's already effective against all tiers provided a good engagement. Hydralisks should be able to cleave bio with Roach support, not completely melt in an equal supply equal upgrade engagement.

As for the stagnation of bio vs Protoss, that's more-so because Mech is underpowered because Biomine hardly fights off the Protoss late game. In fact, Widow Mines suck against Protoss in all aspects of the game.

I want to see Mech buffed to improve their useability in games and I currently feel like the only real reason we don't see units like Siege Tanks, Thors or Hellbats anymore is because they are underpowered.

The Siege Tank for instance does less splash against light units than the Widow Mine does (35 Damage vs Light vs 40 Damage.) In addition, it actually does far less damage than in Brood War which in turn makes other units far tankier against it. All Protoss ground units apart from the Sentry, High Templar and Dark Templar (with detection) hard-counter the Siege Tank. The Stalker takes 1 extra hit to kill (despite having 20 less Life than the Dragoon) and with Blink can jump on top of a tank line, forcing the issue of friendly fire. The Zealot can Charge, closing the gap quicker than with Leg Enhancements and guaranteeing a hit due to changes made in early WoL.

But consider the fact Siege Tanks die to Gateway tech then consider how tanky tier 2 and tier 3 is. Colossi take 7 hits to kill, more than the tankiest ground unit in Brood War used to take. The Archon takes 11 hits to kill when it used to take 6 and the Immortal takes the cake by taking 14 hits to kill, more than even the neo-Ultralisk which takes as much damage as an Archon does and used to take as much damage to kill as an Archon in BW.

This is why we don't see Mech in TvP or TvZ anymore. When a transition into ultralisks can destroy a clumped up siege tank line without the added protection of simcity or buildings obstructing ground army movement, it has become time to rethink Terran Mech.

The Hellbat also steered away from its original design philosophy of being a tanky Mech unit. The unit has been changed to biological, light and a harassment unit. It is less tanky than the Marauder due to having less base armor, only 10 more HP and a lack of stimpack of Concussive Shells. Its status as a light unit means it is also hard-countered by a tier 1 unit in the form of the Baneling and its status as a unit with only 2 attack range and a slow movement speed means it is hard-countered by any ranged unit.

Sky Terran is also the same. It costs a lot, is supposedly the ultimate unit composition yet dies so easily to tier 1 and tier 2. Battlecruisers and Ravens are GARBAGE, as are Ultralisks, Vipers and Brood Lords.

And before you think David Kim should fix this. Consider the fact that one balance update that was his responsibility was not only unnecessary but also broke Wings of Liberty. I think it's high time David Kim did a Jay Wilson and left the StarCraft II development team. There's quite a bit of talent in the Starbow and OneGoal mapmaking teams. Maybe hire some of them?
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
September 16 2013 02:27 GMT
#979
On September 16 2013 11:21 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2013 11:02 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 16 2013 11:01 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
It became stagnant again after three consecutive hellbat nerfs,
- reintroduction of transformation servos
- increase of loading size from 2 to 4.
- reintroduction of the blue flame requirement

Thanks SC2 forum trolls.


hellbat drops all day?


It was close to being solved by the meta, when anticipating hellbat drops, opponents would start turreting up and/or add in anti-air flying units to patrol the blind spots.

It was beginning to look interesting with all that action around the map as T would try to sneak in a hellbat drop while pushing the front. But noooooooooooooooo, Big Daddy Designer had to come "save the day" with a hellbat nerf.

I facepalmed so hard I didn't watch a game until last Friday.
Sorry Blizzard, it is YOU who is killing SC2 scene.

I think most people would agree that TvT is way better than before now. Exactly what the community wanted, you are in the minority here
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-16 02:31:55
September 16 2013 02:30 GMT
#980
On September 16 2013 11:27 ETisME wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2013 11:21 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
On September 16 2013 11:02 gobbledydook wrote:
On September 16 2013 11:01 Hattori_Hanzo wrote:
It became stagnant again after three consecutive hellbat nerfs,
- reintroduction of transformation servos
- increase of loading size from 2 to 4.
- reintroduction of the blue flame requirement

Thanks SC2 forum trolls.


hellbat drops all day?


It was close to being solved by the meta, when anticipating hellbat drops, opponents would start turreting up and/or add in anti-air flying units to patrol the blind spots.

It was beginning to look interesting with all that action around the map as T would try to sneak in a hellbat drop while pushing the front. But noooooooooooooooo, Big Daddy Designer had to come "save the day" with a hellbat nerf.

I facepalmed so hard I didn't watch a game until last Friday.
Sorry Blizzard, it is YOU who is killing SC2 scene.

I think most people would agree that TvT is way better than before now. Exactly what the community wanted, you are in the minority here

Except replace dropping Hellbats with dropping Marines and Marauders on everything. Bio is still broken in TvT and is phasing out Mech because of Stimivac drops. When you can deny 6 - 7 Siege Tanks with a handful of Hellbats below by dropping about 3 medivacs full of MM on top and engaging with another force in a concave, it's not balanced
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 52 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 14936
StarCastTV_EN355
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs MilkiCowLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings72
CranKy Ducklings SOOP15
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech0
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 9933
Jaedong 4583
EffOrt 2611
BeSt 1082
actioN 938
Killer 580
Soma 566
Horang2 493
ZerO 432
Pusan 417
[ Show more ]
Zeus 220
Stork 200
Rush 142
JYJ 121
Barracks 71
soO 59
HiyA 53
ToSsGirL 48
Mong 44
Bale 30
Shinee 29
Terrorterran 27
Sexy 24
Sharp 22
NaDa 20
sorry 20
Sacsri 13
JulyZerg 11
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4090
XaKoH 299
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2083
crisheroes1425
Other Games
gofns54422
singsing1392
olofmeister1275
byalli564
Livibee216
Pyrionflax123
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick539
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream328
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 227
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH383
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1825
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.