• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:02
CEST 19:02
KST 02:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9201 users

Evil Geniuses Releases Greg "IdrA" Fields - Page 74

Forum Index > SC2 General
4974 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 249 Next
wUndertUnge
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1126 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 01:00:19
May 10 2013 00:57 GMT
#1461
On May 10 2013 09:44 Shoxy wrote:

If you think a person deserves to lose his team, and basically his livelihood, simply because of things he said, and his "manners" then freedom of speech is truly dead.

User was warned for this post


Freedom of speech guarantees that people can say whatever they want without getting hanged, shot, or arrested; equally, entities and institutions are given equal freedom to react or make decisions based on other's freedom of speech in kind. Freedom of speech doesn't mean that people can say whatever the hell they want without consequences.

As far as my 2 cents on this move, good stuff. Admittedly, I'm not an Idra fan, especially after the MMA game. Not only is a sore loser and a BMer, but this last episode where he lashed out against the community shows that the guy is just downright hateful. I hope he can take some time away from the game and deal with what I believe are some serious demons in this guy's closet.
Clan: QQGC - wundertunge#1850
TL+ Member
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 01:05:04
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1462
I just hope idra is ok as a person. As a sc2 pro I hated him and I am glad to see him gone from the professional scene, but I hope he as a person is ok. Best of luck greg
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 00:58:15
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1463
On May 10 2013 09:54 snakeeyez wrote:
I may be in the minority but I dont see idra doing anything all that bad. He is just being himself, and yeah he quit some games early but in all honesty he was realistically probably going to lose those games. SC 2 does not have much comeback potential I mean if you go an allin baneling bust and fail miserably against a good pro player your chances of winning are nearly zero anyways.

no its the game where he left while he was maxed and sitting on 3k/3k and left the game that's not why he was kicked though
well not the full reason at least
Moderatorlickypiddy
AimlessAmoeba
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada704 Posts
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1464
It doesn't really say why... Just lack of performance I guess?
Iberville
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada207 Posts
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1465
I get the feeling that the pretext fit perfectly what would have eventually had happen regardless. I could be wrong, but a reprimand and a public statement by IdrA apologizing would have sufficed. </conspiracytheory>
I promise not to make a tasteless joke.
dsousa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1363 Posts
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1466
Poll: Will Idra continue to play SC2 professionally?

No (74)
 
61%

Yes (47)
 
39%

121 total votes

Your vote: Will Idra continue to play SC2 professionally?

(Vote): Yes
(Vote): No

Jinsho
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3101 Posts
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1467
Removing the smartest & brightest person on their roster to pander to the self-important pricks who call themselves their fans is absolutely disgusting. It is clear they were thinking about getting rid of him since earlier & this is just a pretense, and the fact that it all happens in such a transparent disguise is revolting.

gh0st
Profile Joined January 2010
United States98 Posts
May 10 2013 00:58 GMT
#1468
On May 10 2013 09:53 Jeremy Reimer wrote:
Wow...

Well I just finished reading all 71 pages of this thread. I have such mixed feelings about this. On one hand, Idra has had a very toxic mindset for so long that it's not surprising that it would end like this. On the other hand, it seems awfully sudden and final. I would have thought that a suspension and fine would have been a better solution.

What's weird to me is that if the in-game chat from Thorzain is real, then he knew about this three days before it happened, yet Incontrol was clearly surprised by the news and taken off-guard by it on SotG (you can't fake that kind of reaction, unless Geoff is the best actor in the universe). So it's hard to say what really happened and who knew about it when. EG may have punished Idra earlier internally and we just didn't know about it. Still, why not do that in PUBLIC so that he would have seen it as a serious threat?

Still at the end of the day it's EG's decision and they have to think about the health of their team. I think behavior like refusing to practice with Demuslim was probably one of the things that pushed it over the edge.

I always had a soft spot for Idra because he was a physics nerd (like me!) who got famous for playing Starcraft (which I love). I hope he takes some time off, gets his head together, and figures out what he wants to do, and I hope whatever that is includes Starcraft, because the Starcraft scene without Idra is just a little bit less interesting.


Because you don't want to air your team's dirty laundry, and, arguably, a public admonishment would probably have sent the opposite message (i.e. "we're going to scold you for this, but there will be no further punishment").
trada
Profile Joined August 2012
Germany347 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 00:59:26
May 10 2013 00:59 GMT
#1469
It would be sick if Idra kept playing and started winning tournaments now. I guess it would prove the EG curse right.
~
Pringworm
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States3 Posts
May 10 2013 01:00 GMT
#1470
Oh thank god. Let me just say, I am not the kind of person who wants to make fun of another person's misfortune, but I will say that this was a long time coming.

What I would really like to see, is that Idra takes this as a chance to realize that he needs to grow as a person, and come back to the industry as a better person after this.

He is a good player, but his mouth has finally landed him in hot water and he needs to learn from this.
Never trust a fart bro, it will break your heart when you least expect it.
s3rp
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany3192 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 01:02:17
May 10 2013 01:00 GMT
#1471
On May 10 2013 09:54 Sokrates wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 09:48 NicolBolas wrote:
On May 10 2013 09:44 Shoxy wrote:
Esports needs people like IdrA. Quite simply because the general population of the world are more similar to IdrA than anyone would like to admit. I watch and follow Greg because I have a similar view and mindset. If someone is a noob, no skill cheeser, I'm going to call them one. IF a game wasn't good, I'm not going to GG, why should I, because it's "manner"? who gives a shit, I'm not going to lose any sleep, neither will they.

If you think a person deserves to lose his team, and basically his livelihood, simply because of things he said, and his "manners" then freedom of speech is truly dead.

If esports degenerates into a bunch of circle jerking, let's hold each other's hands even though we're opponents, let's all love each other and be nice bunch of hippies, I don't want anything to do with it, and I"m pretty sure I'm not alone.

Plus you're all a bunch of pussies. BAD move by EG.


It means the government can't shut them up; the rest of society is under no such restrictions to tolerate raging douchebags.


I appreciate people like idra much more than the political correct mr.nice that doesnt mean a single word he says because society obligates them to behave that way.


Idra though was only negativity through the last few year . I can't remember him talking something positive about players in ages . If you critizise while not giving anyone credit while you yourself don't show any results you just come off as an asshole.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
May 10 2013 01:00 GMT
#1472
On May 10 2013 09:59 trada wrote:
I guess it would prove the EG curse right.

SCIENCE
Savant
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States379 Posts
May 10 2013 01:00 GMT
#1473
Idra probably "deserves" dismissal after skirting the edge with his antisocial behavior. Still, I'm not one to revel at his misfortune when the community didn't really suffer much from his occasional bm. Idra's dad hates him, he's been playing a video game 90% of his time for almost a decade, and still doesn't have the results he feels is due him despite his hard work. I hope Idra takes this chance to think long and hard about where he wants to go in life, and gets some outside help to fix his mentality. Maligning him now doesn't help anyone.
dsousa
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1363 Posts
May 10 2013 01:00 GMT
#1474
On May 10 2013 09:59 trada wrote:
It would be sick if Idra kept playing and started winning tournaments now. I guess it would prove the EG curse right.


Yes, if Idra wins a big tournament even James Randi will acknowledge the curse.
734pot
Profile Joined June 2012
Australia294 Posts
May 10 2013 01:00 GMT
#1475
He could at least have gone out in style and started a dick pic scandal
Seishou
Profile Joined March 2013
Hong Kong16 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-10 01:01:47
May 10 2013 01:01 GMT
#1476
Well, all I can say is good luck to Grack.

If possible though, I'd like him to get into college, no matter what the course, just so he can have two things, namely 1)proper adult! social interaction (if not partying) and 2)a stable job once he decides that he cannot continue in his progaming ways.
pieisamazing
Profile Joined May 2009
United States1234 Posts
May 10 2013 01:01 GMT
#1477
if he continues in sc2, hopefully he'll join a team that wont stunt his growth as a player like eg did
connoisseur
vesicular
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1311 Posts
May 10 2013 01:01 GMT
#1478
On May 10 2013 09:42 BeyondCtrL wrote:
The only people lamenting this are gonna be Greg's teammates who actually liked him and his zealous fanboys. Any individual intersted in actual e-sport, ie competition and quality, knows that Greg has not contributed to the scene in any positive way since early 2012.

If anyone means to say that drawing in drooling plastic league idiots that watch Survivor and Jersey Shore during stream breaks (never playing the game to actually improve. I know there are a lot of people in lower leagues that actually care, so this is not aimed at anyone that does) contribute to meaningful growth then you are mistaken.

It would be like having a whiny moron BM:er complaining (BISHOP OP, BLACK SIDE UP. CHECKMATE!?! THIS GUY IS AN IDIOT) at a chess tournament riding on and solely being invited due to moron's vote and popularity.

I'm fine with SC2 being a niche thing. It can be bigger than it is now, but I don't want it to be something like Football/Soccer, or some other mainstream sport. Like chess, SC2 is a cerebral game and aiming at a mainstream audience will inevitably dumb down the game. Players like IdrA attract viewers based not on skill or value, but based on the drama around him and his polarizing attitude.


Well said.
STX Fighting!
Xahhk
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada540 Posts
May 10 2013 01:01 GMT
#1479
On May 10 2013 09:54 snakeeyez wrote:
I may be in the minority but I dont see idra doing anything all that bad. He is just being himself, and yeah he quit some games early but in all honesty he was realistically probably going to lose those games. SC 2 does not have much comeback potential I mean if you go an allin baneling bust and fail miserably against a good pro player your chances of winning are nearly zero anyways.
I guess I dont think they should have let him go for what he has done. He hasnt done anything that out there and everyone in SC 2 knows and likes him he has lots of BW history too. He is the dennis rodman of SC 2 just being edgy but he keeps the game interesting. Lots of the games he rage quits he honestly had no chance at winning anyways its funny people get so upset he doesnt play them out.


Leaves with 3000/3000 200 army. Who does that? Who doesn't fight that out? Suppy fought back from an even worse position a few days earlier.

It's a bad thing when it becomes all about what funny situation prompts him to leave the game: like leaving when a broodlord is at half health.
Kishin2
Profile Joined May 2011
United States7534 Posts
May 10 2013 01:02 GMT
#1480
What's going to happen is Idra will disappear to focus on his inner zen. Some time passes and Alliance announce a new player and it's Idra, who has reached enlightenment and is always well-mannered and well-mannered. He's also significantly improved in skill and becomes the one true foreigner hope that he was destined to become since BW.
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 249 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem360
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 360
IndyStarCraft 194
Railgan 69
BRAT_OK 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24366
Shuttle 2396
BeSt 469
Larva 377
Soma 165
Mind 162
Dewaltoss 104
Last 86
Sexy 68
hero 66
[ Show more ]
Zeus 52
Hyun 44
Killer 39
ToSsGirL 25
NaDa 23
Bale 20
Rock 18
PianO 18
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5255
qojqva3170
Dendi1303
420jenkins438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3566
Khaldor1322
Liquid`Hasu1059
MindelVK14
Other Games
FrodaN2090
singsing1825
byalli934
B2W.Neo818
ArmadaUGS190
Hui .169
KnowMe134
QueenE96
Mew2King57
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick994
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 24
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 51
• FirePhoenix1
• niya90s1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3904
League of Legends
• Nemesis2749
Other Games
• Shiphtur287
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 58m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 58m
Replay Cast
5h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 58m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
17h 58m
Monday Night Weeklies
22h 58m
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 17h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.