• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8708 users

Koreans selecting WCS NA/EU List - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
1695 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 85 Next
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 10 2013 10:23 GMT
#361
On April 10 2013 19:21 Miss_Foxy wrote:
Knowing Blizzard, I'm pretty sure they have something planned up their sleeve, considering the fact that they were aware that it would happen.

Probably some chain-effect that we never saw before could happen and more people would join GSL in the long run, thus creating a constant supply of new players, etc.


I saw your previous post and I would agree that in the long term this creates a very positive effect for Korean players, but it completely screws over NA players and EU will eventually be invaded too maybe.

For now I expect WCS EU will be the most watched league, having three superstar koreans and the best foreigners.
Chewie
Profile Joined May 2010
Denmark708 Posts
April 10 2013 10:23 GMT
#362
I just wanna know what happens to Scarlett at this point.
Bumblebee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
3237 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-11 18:24:35
April 10 2013 10:24 GMT
#363
On April 10 2013 18:27 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:16 Fionn wrote:
I don't think all 20 of the Koreans moving to NA will get invites. I'm sure most of them will have to qualify through the special qualifiers and/or go through the challenger league before overtaking the North American invites by season two. I'm sure Polt, Violet, Jaedong, Nestea, etc. will get invited, but guys like Center will probably have to just win the qualifier.

8 Koreans are invited to NA Premier division

That's not 100 % true, but I see where you're coming from. 16 of the 24 invites are going to North Americans, the remaining 8 invitations are going to people who are not North American. That could be both Europeans and Koreans. The last 8 spots are coming from online qualifiers. That's your 32 for this season.

Edit: When I say 16 are for North America, that includes players such as Fenix, MajOr, etc. so it's more like just America.
There is no difference between a knight and any other man aside from what he wears. @robinnymann
Maesy
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1444 Posts
April 10 2013 10:24 GMT
#364
"We're announcing this huge tournament that will be split into regions to encourage more participation from upcoming players in places other than Korea, but here's the kick. Professional Korean players are still going to come to each region to play and take all of the money anyways because we're not going to implement any kind of restrictions. Enjoy."

Sincerely, The tournament that's making GSL less prestigious and pulling over champions to play, causing them to not reappear in the GSL until 2014, and given they're successful, they may not even reappear in 2014.
Official Nathanias Fanclub Manager! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=401880
Serimek
Profile Joined August 2011
France2274 Posts
April 10 2013 10:24 GMT
#365
Quite funny to consider this :

WCS Europe

(T)Mvp : 4 GSL
(P)MC : 2 GSL
(T)MMA : 1 GSL + 1 GSL Blizzard cup

Total : 7 GSL + 1 GSL Blizzard cup


WCS Korea

(Z)Life : 1 GSL + 1 GSL Blizzard cup
(Z)DRG : 1 GSL
(Z)Sniper : 1 GSL
(Z)RorO : 1GSL

Total : 4 GSL + 1 GSL Blizzard cup


WCS America

(Z)NesTea : 3 GSL
(T)Polt : 1 GSL

Total : 4 GSL


Other

(Z)FruitDealer (retired) : 1 GSL
(T)jjakji (lost) : 1 GSL
(P)Seed (code B) : 1 GSL

Conclusion : Europe is the most stacked region with GSL winners, and NA and Korea are very close from each other :p
SC2 is the best game to watch and was the best to play before I grew old and slow...
budar
Profile Joined February 2011
175 Posts
April 10 2013 10:25 GMT
#366
On April 10 2013 19:18 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 19:10 budar wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:52 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:47 Musicus wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:41 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:37 playa wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:34 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Can someone please explain how this ruins anything?

Keep in mind that a GSL style NA/EU tournament with similar prize money didn't exist before this.


Keep in mind that every country had a WCS last season and Koreans were only playing in the Korean WCS. Thus, non Koreans could actually win something...

So now they actually have to play better players to win something...

Oh no!

I'm sorry but I'm having a real hard time sympathizing with all this entitlement coming out of the foreign scene right now.


There will always be international tournaments with tons of top koreans stomping foreigners, but many wanted WCS to be the starcraft olympics. National champions being sent to the world final etc. Would you not enjoy that? Some regional competission leading up to a world final on top of all the international stuff?

Not really. I'd probably watch the finals just for the Koreans though. I am one of those rarities that likes Korean players more for both personality and skill level.

(emphasis mine) -> That's the whole point. I also don't really care where someone is from if they can play great games, but there are a lot of people who chose their favorite players based on other criteria, and that's actually perfectly fine and happens in all sports. Especially if you're cheering for your hometown/homecountry representative, it's really completely understandable and desirable. And the point that you are missing is that this is killing that. So you might get some great games in the first season (in the offline event, doubt the online part will be too hot after a few weeks of initial interest), but how long will that continue if viewership and general interest in the game declines.

Just look at the LoL and DotA2 scenes... The situation in terms of skill is actually really similar to SC2. North american teams are behind EU teams who are behind Asian teams, with a handful of Stephano-like exceptions. But these scenes are completely separated except for THE big tournament where all roads lead to. The NA LCS is getting great numbers even though those teams are actually pretty weak right now. But hey, people care about them, they know these players from their stream etc.

Anyway, it remains to be seen how this will turn out. I might actually watch the NA one now whereas without the Koreans I probably wouldn't have. But that's me and you and people like that. What about the "average Joe" browsing twitch and eating Hot Pockets?

I still don't get how this kills the scene though...

The only change is no more WCS and more money being funneled into the scene. You could argue that it doesn't advance the NA/EU scene as much as it could have, but then I would again disagree. In the region locked scenario, NA/EU would just stagnate and remain eternally inferior. Foreigners would have no incentive to reach the level to where they could beat Koreans.

Was the old WCS really all that successful? I never bothered watching any of it so I don't know.

Well, I watched the EU WCS (even most of the country qualifiers), and it was amazing (especially the finals Dreamhack did). The NA I didn't watch for many reasons. For one, I live in Europe so I care more about that scene. Also, EU has better games and I don't really relate to most NA players. But the biggest reason is that MLG/Blizzard completely butchered the NA WCS because it was like an unimportant tournament happening at the same time as a stacked MLG. I'm pretty sure I would have watched some of the finals at least if it were properly produced.

As for your first point, it's been discussed to death so I won't repeat things here. You can read CatZ's post on reddit if you like, he makes some good points regarding that.
Mangooze
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands301 Posts
April 10 2013 10:25 GMT
#367
On April 10 2013 18:52 Zane wrote:
The king and the president have set their eyes on Europe. But a part of the tournament is played online, right? Not sure how KR->EU will work.

This, I tried EU->KR and it was like a full second delay, which makes it pretty unplayable for noobsich me, let alone a pro. Is KR->EU better? Or is it different per place?
Baptista
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Poland141 Posts
April 10 2013 10:26 GMT
#368
hahaha, blizzard wanted ppl to watch koreans play in korea, foreigners in europe and america and now koreans move to europe and america, we can metagame them and move to korea, sic
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
April 10 2013 10:26 GMT
#369
On April 10 2013 18:57 grungust wrote:
Jaedong forfeit coda a?????? This is so fucking stupid. Blizzard what have you done.


He wouldn't have got into the WCS regional finals this season thanks to the way the system works.

I'd rather see Jaedong destroy people in the regional finals than code A :p
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
April 10 2013 10:26 GMT
#370
On April 10 2013 19:25 Mangooze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:52 Zane wrote:
The king and the president have set their eyes on Europe. But a part of the tournament is played online, right? Not sure how KR->EU will work.

This, I tried EU->KR and it was like a full second delay, which makes it pretty unplayable for noobsich me, let alone a pro. Is KR->EU better? Or is it different per place?


Well Moman made it to kr high masters playing from france if I remember correctly. So I guess there may be places where it's playable, and you have to keep in mind t hat the internet in korea is way way better. Didn't hyun make a shit ton of money playing in eu/na cups from kr?
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10167 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 10:28:38
April 10 2013 10:27 GMT
#371
On April 10 2013 19:18 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 19:10 budar wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:52 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:47 Musicus wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:41 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:37 playa wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:34 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Can someone please explain how this ruins anything?

Keep in mind that a GSL style NA/EU tournament with similar prize money didn't exist before this.


Keep in mind that every country had a WCS last season and Koreans were only playing in the Korean WCS. Thus, non Koreans could actually win something...

So now they actually have to play better players to win something...

Oh no!

I'm sorry but I'm having a real hard time sympathizing with all this entitlement coming out of the foreign scene right now.


There will always be international tournaments with tons of top koreans stomping foreigners, but many wanted WCS to be the starcraft olympics. National champions being sent to the world final etc. Would you not enjoy that? Some regional competission leading up to a world final on top of all the international stuff?

Not really. I'd probably watch the finals just for the Koreans though. I am one of those rarities that likes Korean players more for both personality and skill level.

(emphasis mine) -> That's the whole point. I also don't really care where someone is from if they can play great games, but there are a lot of people who chose their favorite players based on other criteria, and that's actually perfectly fine and happens in all sports. Especially if you're cheering for your hometown/homecountry representative, it's really completely understandable and desirable. And the point that you are missing is that this is killing that. So you might get some great games in the first season (in the offline event, doubt the online part will be too hot after a few weeks of initial interest), but how long will that continue if viewership and general interest in the game declines.

Just look at the LoL and DotA2 scenes... The situation in terms of skill is actually really similar to SC2. North american teams are behind EU teams who are behind Asian teams, with a handful of Stephano-like exceptions. But these scenes are completely separated except for THE big tournament where all roads lead to. The NA LCS is getting great numbers even though those teams are actually pretty weak right now. But hey, people care about them, they know these players from their stream etc.

Anyway, it remains to be seen how this will turn out. I might actually watch the NA one now whereas without the Koreans I probably wouldn't have. But that's me and you and people like that. What about the "average Joe" browsing twitch and eating Hot Pockets?

I still don't get how this kills the scene though...

The only change is no more WCS and more money being funneled into the scene. You could argue that it doesn't advance the NA/EU scene as much as it could have, but then I would again disagree. In the region locked scenario, NA/EU would just stagnate and remain eternally inferior. Foreigners would have no incentive to reach the level to where they could beat Koreans.

Was the old WCS really all that successful? I never bothered watching any of it so I don't know.


Because WCS was an attempt to grow other region scene outside of korea, and this pretty much does the oppossite. Korean players won't be moving, but just playing online while mantaining their practice on their team houses and friends on korea, giving players who are not really code S (or bottom code S) the chance to just play elsewhere while staying on the same place.

I don't think people would see so much troublewith koreans moving, if they were really moving. Specially if the different regions started to have some kind of hubs centralized for the teams to grow around.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12059 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 10:27:49
April 10 2013 10:27 GMT
#372
On April 10 2013 18:56 Broodwurst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:54 Qikz wrote:
The only thing is (TotalBiscuit if you read this)

Why are you sending the Axiom guys to the US and not Europe?


The team has no connection to the EU, why would they?


TotalBiscuit is English... Him and his wife AFAIK are both European. :p
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 10:29:22
April 10 2013 10:28 GMT
#373
One thing I don't really understand is Mvp to Europe. MC, Forgg and MMA make sense because they all play for European teams, makes travelling and other logistics much easier. Tails and Finale just wanna try their luck I guess. But why Mvp?

sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
April 10 2013 10:28 GMT
#374
On April 10 2013 19:25 budar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 19:18 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 19:10 budar wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:52 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:47 Musicus wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:41 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:37 playa wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:34 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Can someone please explain how this ruins anything?

Keep in mind that a GSL style NA/EU tournament with similar prize money didn't exist before this.


Keep in mind that every country had a WCS last season and Koreans were only playing in the Korean WCS. Thus, non Koreans could actually win something...

So now they actually have to play better players to win something...

Oh no!

I'm sorry but I'm having a real hard time sympathizing with all this entitlement coming out of the foreign scene right now.


There will always be international tournaments with tons of top koreans stomping foreigners, but many wanted WCS to be the starcraft olympics. National champions being sent to the world final etc. Would you not enjoy that? Some regional competission leading up to a world final on top of all the international stuff?

Not really. I'd probably watch the finals just for the Koreans though. I am one of those rarities that likes Korean players more for both personality and skill level.

(emphasis mine) -> That's the whole point. I also don't really care where someone is from if they can play great games, but there are a lot of people who chose their favorite players based on other criteria, and that's actually perfectly fine and happens in all sports. Especially if you're cheering for your hometown/homecountry representative, it's really completely understandable and desirable. And the point that you are missing is that this is killing that. So you might get some great games in the first season (in the offline event, doubt the online part will be too hot after a few weeks of initial interest), but how long will that continue if viewership and general interest in the game declines.

Just look at the LoL and DotA2 scenes... The situation in terms of skill is actually really similar to SC2. North american teams are behind EU teams who are behind Asian teams, with a handful of Stephano-like exceptions. But these scenes are completely separated except for THE big tournament where all roads lead to. The NA LCS is getting great numbers even though those teams are actually pretty weak right now. But hey, people care about them, they know these players from their stream etc.

Anyway, it remains to be seen how this will turn out. I might actually watch the NA one now whereas without the Koreans I probably wouldn't have. But that's me and you and people like that. What about the "average Joe" browsing twitch and eating Hot Pockets?

I still don't get how this kills the scene though...

The only change is no more WCS and more money being funneled into the scene. You could argue that it doesn't advance the NA/EU scene as much as it could have, but then I would again disagree. In the region locked scenario, NA/EU would just stagnate and remain eternally inferior. Foreigners would have no incentive to reach the level to where they could beat Koreans.

Was the old WCS really all that successful? I never bothered watching any of it so I don't know.

Well, I watched the EU WCS (even most of the country qualifiers), and it was amazing (especially the finals Dreamhack did). The NA I didn't watch for many reasons. For one, I live in Europe so I care more about that scene. Also, EU has better games and I don't really relate to most NA players. But the biggest reason is that MLG/Blizzard completely butchered the NA WCS because it was like an unimportant tournament happening at the same time as a stacked MLG. I'm pretty sure I would have watched some of the finals at least if it were properly produced.

As for your first point, it's been discussed to death so I won't repeat things here. You can read CatZ's post on reddit if you like, he makes some good points regarding that.

I skimmed Catz post, but as far as I could see he was making the same arguments everyone here seems to be making:

That the scene could have grown more if they did XYZ.

Only he (and everyone else) is couching that argument in completely different language. Instead of saying: the scene could have grown more, they are saying: "The scene has been killed."

I would put my money on WCS NA getting more viewers now than it ever got. I would also put my money on WCS EU getting at least similar (if not more) viewer numbers as before. I would also put my money on an overall increase in foreigner skill level because of this.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
zicoz
Profile Joined January 2012
Norway212 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 10:30:59
April 10 2013 10:28 GMT
#375
On April 10 2013 19:26 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:57 grungust wrote:
Jaedong forfeit coda a?????? This is so fucking stupid. Blizzard what have you done.


He wouldn't have got into the WCS regional finals this season thanks to the way the system works.

I'd rather see Jaedong destroy people in the regional finals than code A :p


I think his "problem" is that Blizzard took the most prestigious tournament that every Korean strived to participate in and made it so that players choose not to compete in it.

Imagine Jaedong having to face MC or MVP to get into the next Code S season, now neither of them are there.
"The snow on the roof is too heavy, his brains are in terrible danger."
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 10 2013 10:28 GMT
#376
On April 10 2013 19:24 Maesy wrote:
"We're announcing this huge tournament that will be split into regions to encourage more participation from upcoming players in places other than Korea, but here's the kick. Professional Korean players are still going to come to each region to play and take all of the money anyways because we're not going to implement any kind of restrictions. Enjoy."

Sincerely, The tournament that's making GSL less prestigious and pulling over champions to play, causing them to not reappear in the GSL until 2014, and given they're successful, they may not even reappear in 2014.


Citation that shows that the bold part is blizzard's goal?

I thought it was to get more Korean to move to NA / EUR to improve the practice environment overseas.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
April 10 2013 10:29 GMT
#377
On April 10 2013 19:27 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 19:18 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 19:10 budar wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:52 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:47 Musicus wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:41 sc2superfan101 wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:37 playa wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:34 sc2superfan101 wrote:
Can someone please explain how this ruins anything?

Keep in mind that a GSL style NA/EU tournament with similar prize money didn't exist before this.


Keep in mind that every country had a WCS last season and Koreans were only playing in the Korean WCS. Thus, non Koreans could actually win something...

So now they actually have to play better players to win something...

Oh no!

I'm sorry but I'm having a real hard time sympathizing with all this entitlement coming out of the foreign scene right now.


There will always be international tournaments with tons of top koreans stomping foreigners, but many wanted WCS to be the starcraft olympics. National champions being sent to the world final etc. Would you not enjoy that? Some regional competission leading up to a world final on top of all the international stuff?

Not really. I'd probably watch the finals just for the Koreans though. I am one of those rarities that likes Korean players more for both personality and skill level.

(emphasis mine) -> That's the whole point. I also don't really care where someone is from if they can play great games, but there are a lot of people who chose their favorite players based on other criteria, and that's actually perfectly fine and happens in all sports. Especially if you're cheering for your hometown/homecountry representative, it's really completely understandable and desirable. And the point that you are missing is that this is killing that. So you might get some great games in the first season (in the offline event, doubt the online part will be too hot after a few weeks of initial interest), but how long will that continue if viewership and general interest in the game declines.

Just look at the LoL and DotA2 scenes... The situation in terms of skill is actually really similar to SC2. North american teams are behind EU teams who are behind Asian teams, with a handful of Stephano-like exceptions. But these scenes are completely separated except for THE big tournament where all roads lead to. The NA LCS is getting great numbers even though those teams are actually pretty weak right now. But hey, people care about them, they know these players from their stream etc.

Anyway, it remains to be seen how this will turn out. I might actually watch the NA one now whereas without the Koreans I probably wouldn't have. But that's me and you and people like that. What about the "average Joe" browsing twitch and eating Hot Pockets?

I still don't get how this kills the scene though...

The only change is no more WCS and more money being funneled into the scene. You could argue that it doesn't advance the NA/EU scene as much as it could have, but then I would again disagree. In the region locked scenario, NA/EU would just stagnate and remain eternally inferior. Foreigners would have no incentive to reach the level to where they could beat Koreans.

Was the old WCS really all that successful? I never bothered watching any of it so I don't know.


Because WCS was an attempt to grow other region scene outside of korea, and this pretty much does the oppossite. Korean players won't be moving, but just playing online while mantaining their practice on their team houses and friends on korea, giving players who are not really code S (or bottom code S) the chance to just play elsewhere while staying on the same place.

I don't think people would see so much troublewith koreans moving, if they were really moving. Specially if the different regions started to have some kind of hubs centralized for the teams to grow around.

Did WCS succeed in growing the foreign scene?
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Ammoth
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden391 Posts
April 10 2013 10:30 GMT
#378
On April 10 2013 19:27 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:56 Broodwurst wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:54 Qikz wrote:
The only thing is (TotalBiscuit if you read this)

Why are you sending the Axiom guys to the US and not Europe?


The team has no connection to the EU, why would they?


TotalBiscuit is English... Him and his wife AFAIK are both European. :p


I'm pretty sure Genna is american
gobbledydook
Profile Joined October 2012
Australia2605 Posts
April 10 2013 10:30 GMT
#379
On April 10 2013 19:27 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:56 Broodwurst wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:54 Qikz wrote:
The only thing is (TotalBiscuit if you read this)

Why are you sending the Axiom guys to the US and not Europe?


The team has no connection to the EU, why would they?


TotalBiscuit is English... Him and his wife AFAIK are both European. :p


you're wrong, Genna Bain, TotalBiscuit's wife, is American, and TotalBiscuit just got his green card.
I am a dirty Protoss bullshit abuser
cablesc
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1540 Posts
April 10 2013 10:30 GMT
#380
On April 10 2013 19:27 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 18:56 Broodwurst wrote:
On April 10 2013 18:54 Qikz wrote:
The only thing is (TotalBiscuit if you read this)

Why are you sending the Axiom guys to the US and not Europe?


The team has no connection to the EU, why would they?


TotalBiscuit is English... Him and his wife AFAIK are both European. :p


Pretty sure Genna Bain is American. And TB emigrated to the US, no?
Slayers Forever! Rip. :( - Not the eSports organizer, that's CableStarcraft.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 85 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota67
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 123
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• blackmanpl 21
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.