• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:14
CEST 04:14
KST 11:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9617 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44 45 Next All
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
February 28 2013 15:53 GMT
#81
Kemarus - I believe I have fixed the problem on "Gameheart - Metropolis" in Wings of Liberty and "Gameheart - Ohana" in Heart of the Swarm. If you could try either of those with your french client and report back I would really appreciate it!
Gameheart
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
February 28 2013 16:00 GMT
#82
Imagine if Legend used this for the GSL.
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
Kemarus
Profile Joined February 2013
France5 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 17:59:54
February 28 2013 17:54 GMT
#83
I made a few tests and every maps (Daybreak, Ohana, Entombed Valley, Cloud Kingdom and Star Station) seem to work well now on HotS beta.
For the WoL map, I didn't found it on Europe server. I did try on American server and the Metropolis map works well! Thank you!

After a while watching AIs fighting, I have some requests :
- Why do I see only the Harvester count in the income tab (the mineral and gaz income are missing)?
- Can I use the "Take control" and "Recover" functionalities from the last patch with GameHeart maps? (I have nobody to test with)
- Is there a way to see the units selected (to count the number of high templar in a big protoss army for example)?

Anyway, these are just details and the maps work almost perfectly and, in my opinion, it's very exciting to see new things like this for the release of Heart of the Swarm!
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
February 28 2013 18:04 GMT
#84
Kemarus thank you very much for testing that for me. I am glad to hear it is all working now.

To answer your questions:

- This is a bug caused by using a paneled leaderboard (which I am forced to do because the observers in my overlay are not real observers but actually fake players who have no units). There were numerous bugs like this with a paneled leaderboard months ago but I thought they had all been fixed in recent patches. I will make a note of the issue and maybe Blizzard will look into it or I can create my own income chart for the players (I actually had created one awhile back but decided to remove it). So good eye!

-Yes you can use take control, I am not 100% sure how all of that works but when I tried using it before it let me take control of a player from a replay.

-Not at the moment, I will consider adding that in the future!

Thanks again for your help and input!
Gameheart
Kemarus
Profile Joined February 2013
France5 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-28 18:26:08
February 28 2013 18:25 GMT
#85
Ok, so I hope Blizzard will fix it soon (even if "soon" has not the same meaning for them )

Another thing, can you make a layout like this (such as a bigger map for instance)? I really love the interface Blizzard made in this video. And i think like Cinim that you should add a layout with the standard interface or/and with slighter modifications.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
February 28 2013 18:30 GMT
#86
I don't know how they did that but if they ever post that interface mod I will certainly dissect it to find out!
Gameheart
Kemarus
Profile Joined February 2013
France5 Posts
February 28 2013 18:41 GMT
#87
I suppose they use the new SC2Interface mod. Someone tried to remake it with a close result.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
February 28 2013 19:35 GMT
#88
Oh yeah...Ahli is awesome. He has helped me a ton with the GameHeart overlay (his name is even in the credits section if you look at it) especially in the past week or two. I will ask him about it.
Gameheart
MegaBuster
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
167 Posts
February 28 2013 22:16 GMT
#89
I am happy to see an actual interest in things that can legitimately help expand the audience of this game.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 04:04:06
March 01 2013 04:02 GMT
#90
On March 01 2013 03:04 GameHeart wrote:
- This is a bug caused by using a paneled leaderboard (which I am forced to do because the observers in my overlay are not real observers but actually fake players who have no units).

Yeah, I hope Blizzard allows Observers to be detected in triggers and things soon (if they are not already).

It reminds me when they forced map makers to use at least 1 non-player slot (meaning 16 player maps were no longer possible). (Though I'm not sure if this is the case anymore. I did read that they allowed 16 player parties in SC2 in the 2.0.4 patch? So does that mean they changed it back? If it is still capped at 15 players, that'd be disappointing. If Blizzard did go back and allowed 16 player maps, kudos to Blizzard.)

It's silly removing things like that (if it's not supported yet, not trying to get it to work).

Anyway, nice interface . I do hope to see it used in more tournaments soon .

(Also maybe even if a tournament like GSL uses it, then maybe Blizzard will add more support for things like detecting observers through triggers for example.)
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 05:22:31
March 01 2013 04:56 GMT
#91
On March 01 2013 03:41 Kemarus wrote:
I suppose they use the new SC2Interface mod. Someone tried to remake it with a close result.

That was me. :D

On March 01 2013 04:35 GameHeart wrote:
Oh yeah...Ahli is awesome. He has helped me a ton with the GameHeart overlay (his name is even in the credits section if you look at it) especially in the past week or two. I will ask him about it.

I'm not sure to which extend we can modify the leaderpanel (= observer game info UI).


I've read somewhere quite some time ago about caster's being able to preplace buildings on the map to show possible wall-ins...

Well, I just made a prototype for it:

http://i.snag.gy/x3Jmd.jpg
http://snag.gy/x3Jmd.jpg

It's only visible to a group of players like... everyone not playing (= casters). It only seems to appear visible to everyone in replay files that were created by the person seeing it when it was recorded. Changing the view of the player does not hide it.

It is blocked by existing buildings, cliffs, units and respects the required distance to resources. Also, you can't stack it and you see the building grid without delay, if you want to place it. You can check how much space is in areas with that, too.
If you want to see replays with proper vision of the players, you require a player's replay file then. If you want to see the proper vision of the caster, you require a caster replay file.

So, actually, this is fully functional and requires an arcade map. I only made that for 1 building right now. But it is possible to do for every building in the game.

Welcome to the future.


If you got more things that seem impossible or that would be awesome to have, tell me. :D
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
March 01 2013 05:02 GMT
#92
I was trying to figure out how to do something like that so when a building is under construction viewers could know what type of building it is really easily.
Gameheart
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 05:27:49
March 01 2013 05:25 GMT
#93
On March 01 2013 14:02 GameHeart wrote:
I was trying to figure out how to do something like that so when a building is under construction viewers could know what type of building it is really easily.

Well, it's not that...

Basically, my system gives casters the ability to create ghost buildings on the map that only they can see. Those, display proper placement collisions, too.

What you suggested is possible, too...

I think I better make a map with all features I can imagine/did before. I'm not sure if I showed you the production on the text tag thing on mapster. At least I showed it there including how to store that without the usage of variables.
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
MCXD
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Australia2738 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-01 05:29:55
March 01 2013 05:29 GMT
#94
Those massive sponsor logos are extremely distracting. They pop out way too much from the terrain for my tastes, and obscure/confuse the action. It's a great idea in theory but one I hope to never ever see implemented in a major competition in that exact form shown.

Aside from that, this is basically incredibly fantastic.
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
March 01 2013 05:32 GMT
#95
MCXD I actually expected a lot of people to not like the logos, but you are the first person I have had complain about them.

Ahli I would love to see the text tag stuff. I am using text tags for the production labels right now and I store them in the data table.
Gameheart
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
March 01 2013 05:35 GMT
#96
On March 01 2013 14:32 GameHeart wrote:
Ahli I would love to see the text tag stuff. I am using text tags for the production labels right now and I store them in the data table.

That's exactly what I did. If you use one char and the unit's tag as the data table key, then it's exactly what I made. :D
The data table is huge...
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
March 01 2013 05:39 GMT
#97
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I do.
Gameheart
Ahli
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany355 Posts
March 01 2013 05:44 GMT
#98
On March 01 2013 14:39 GameHeart wrote:
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what I do.

found it :D
AhliSC2@Twitter - GameHeart Observer UI - "HomeStoryCup XX" extension mod fixes WCS GameHeart's small bugs, adds a lot of new features -
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
March 01 2013 05:54 GMT
#99
Haha yeah that's probably where I learned to start using data tables. Now I use them for a lot of stuff.
Gameheart
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
March 01 2013 05:57 GMT
#100
First heard of this at a local lan recently, looks really cool
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 47m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 47m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.