• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:57
CEST 18:57
KST 01:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8283 users

GameHeart Overlay 2.0 - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 45 Next All
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
April 18 2013 09:02 GMT
#361
I have been reacting poorly to criticism about the overlay all day. I have been stressed out and probably should not have let myself comment on anything.

GSTL does not use the drawing tool because of the way it works, combined with the complexity of their broadcast. They actually have two different observers for the Korean and English streams. And if one observer starts drawing, the other will still see the drawings but that broadcast will have no idea what the drawings are about.

I have been considering some solutions to the problem, but to be perfectly honest I think the drawing tools have turned out to be something of a failure. I think they are just one of those things that sounds good in theory, but in reality has very little practical application. Similar to the 'megamap' feature which you have probably also never seen used.
Gameheart
Bard_Taliesin
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada4 Posts
April 18 2013 09:13 GMT
#362
Just wanted to say great job - I really love how this looks, and I hope more and more tournaments start using it!
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
April 18 2013 09:26 GMT
#363
On April 18 2013 18:02 GameHeart wrote:
I have been reacting poorly to criticism about the overlay all day. I have been stressed out and probably should not have let myself comment on anything.

GSTL does not use the drawing tool because of the way it works, combined with the complexity of their broadcast. They actually have two different observers for the Korean and English streams. And if one observer starts drawing, the other will still see the drawings but that broadcast will have no idea what the drawings are about.

I have been considering some solutions to the problem, but to be perfectly honest I think the drawing tools have turned out to be something of a failure. I think they are just one of those things that sounds good in theory, but in reality has very little practical application. Similar to the 'megamap' feature which you have probably also never seen used.

No worries, you must have a lot on your plate. I suspect the drawing would be great for post-game analysis but in major tournaments with a dedicated observer it might cause confusion. Maybe when Adebisi is observing he could use it to show something the casters are mentioning, for example during the introduction to describe wall-offs, expansion and attack patterns. Thanks for the info!
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
TearsOfTheSun
Profile Joined March 2006
Canada995 Posts
April 18 2013 09:34 GMT
#364
holy fucking amazing, this is... AMAZING!
Dixer_ca^^ | Polt | Byun | MKP | DRG | White-Ra | Beastyqt | Maru | Creator
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
April 19 2013 09:08 GMT
#365
I have created a database of sorts where all of the teams added to GameHeart (we are at 115 now!) can check to see the status of their logo, whether they have submitted sponsors, and see a screenshot preview of how their logo looks in game so they can submit a different one if they don't like it.

Please check it out here.
Gameheart
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 19 2013 10:42 GMT
#366
This looks incredible, amazing job!
Kill the Deathball
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
April 19 2013 20:41 GMT
#367
The permanent worker counter in the bottom center of the screen seems to include the number of active MULEs for Terran players, is this your intention? The built-in Income tab does not do this, thus when both are open different # of workers are shown which is confusing. I think most people would prefer pure SCV numbers, without MULEs.
Rake_EU
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden8 Posts
April 19 2013 20:53 GMT
#368
On April 18 2013 18:02 GameHeart wrote:
Similar to the 'megamap' feature which you have probably also never seen used.


They seemed to be using this, and the ability to zoom out further, during the Code A/WCS Challenger earlier today if I am not mistaken! In my opinion it is a great tool, and the casters made good use of it (imho).

Anyway, just wanted to say that Gameheart is an awesome development in the SC2 scene, hope to see more of it!


minilance
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada500 Posts
April 19 2013 21:02 GMT
#369
This is great!
Bisu, Jangbang <3
ZodaSoda
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1191 Posts
April 19 2013 22:25 GMT
#370
On April 18 2013 18:02 GameHeart wrote:
I have been reacting poorly to criticism about the overlay all day. I have been stressed out and probably should not have let myself comment on anything.

GSTL does not use the drawing tool because of the way it works, combined with the complexity of their broadcast. They actually have two different observers for the Korean and English streams. And if one observer starts drawing, the other will still see the drawings but that broadcast will have no idea what the drawings are about.

I have been considering some solutions to the problem, but to be perfectly honest I think the drawing tools have turned out to be something of a failure. I think they are just one of those things that sounds good in theory, but in reality has very little practical application. Similar to the 'megamap' feature which you have probably also never seen used.


Yeah there's only so many times you can draw a scene on a map and explain what people will already know about that map.
LiquipediaI'm the strongest Dragon that you've ever seen, You're gonna die motherfucker, I take up five screens. -Kraid
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
April 19 2013 23:38 GMT
#371
I love the drawing. Prolly the coolest thing other than zoom out. Seriously i get nerd chills when i see it.
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
THM
Profile Joined November 2010
Bulgaria1131 Posts
April 19 2013 23:46 GMT
#372
This is pretty amazing
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
April 20 2013 07:06 GMT
#373
On April 20 2013 05:41 dani` wrote:
The permanent worker counter in the bottom center of the screen seems to include the number of active MULEs for Terran players, is this your intention? The built-in Income tab does not do this, thus when both are open different # of workers are shown which is confusing. I think most people would prefer pure SCV numbers, without MULEs.


It is true that it currently counts MULEs and not just SCVs. I have not yet made a determination as to whether I want to change this. While I agree that it would make sense to just show workers the same way as the default interface, I also think that including MULEs is a more accurate reflection of their economy at any given time, which is the primary purpose of the worker counts. I am a little torn but I am leaning towards removing MULEs from the count.
Gameheart
GameHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
286 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 07:07:46
April 20 2013 07:07 GMT
#374
On April 20 2013 05:53 Rake_EU wrote:

They seemed to be using this, and the ability to zoom out further, during the Code A/WCS Challenger earlier today if I am not mistaken! In my opinion it is a great tool, and the casters made good use of it (imho).

Anyway, just wanted to say that Gameheart is an awesome development in the SC2 scene, hope to see more of it!


They were using GameHeart in WCS stuff?! I need to go take a look, I have only been aware of GSTL.

Oops sorry for double post I meant to add this as an edit to my last post but clicked the submit button out of habit.
Gameheart
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
April 20 2013 07:13 GMT
#375
awesome work, today's broadcast was amazing
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
April 20 2013 09:40 GMT
#376
On April 20 2013 16:06 GameHeart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 05:41 dani` wrote:
The permanent worker counter in the bottom center of the screen seems to include the number of active MULEs for Terran players, is this your intention? The built-in Income tab does not do this, thus when both are open different # of workers are shown which is confusing. I think most people would prefer pure SCV numbers, without MULEs.


It is true that it currently counts MULEs and not just SCVs. I have not yet made a determination as to whether I want to change this. While I agree that it would make sense to just show workers the same way as the default interface, I also think that including MULEs is a more accurate reflection of their economy at any given time, which is the primary purpose of the worker counts. I am a little torn but I am leaning towards removing MULEs from the count.

I see your point, but due to a MULE being worth like 4-5 SCVs counting it as just 1 SCV doesn't really work either. I think the slightly better reflection of economy is not worth the added confusion compared to the built-in worker number, and the fact commentators occasionally use the number of workers to point out how much the army supply difference is (e.g., 'Terran has only 20 workers, so his army supply is actually twice the Protoss army supply!'). When MULEs are counted as workers this isn't accurate anymore seeing how they take no supply. And lastly (minor thing), the icon is an SCV so it is expected to display SCV counts

Perhaps a nice solution in Terrans case is to add a seperate MULE icon + counter

[image loading] 40 [image loading] 4

Anyway it's all your call, good luck improving the awesomeness ~
kubiks
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1328 Posts
April 20 2013 09:48 GMT
#377
On April 20 2013 16:06 GameHeart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 05:41 dani` wrote:
The permanent worker counter in the bottom center of the screen seems to include the number of active MULEs for Terran players, is this your intention? The built-in Income tab does not do this, thus when both are open different # of workers are shown which is confusing. I think most people would prefer pure SCV numbers, without MULEs.


It is true that it currently counts MULEs and not just SCVs. I have not yet made a determination as to whether I want to change this. While I agree that it would make sense to just show workers the same way as the default interface, I also think that including MULEs is a more accurate reflection of their economy at any given time, which is the primary purpose of the worker counts. I am a little torn but I am leaning towards removing MULEs from the count.


I'm not sure it's a good idea to count the mules, because considering the number of CC a player have, you kinda know how many mules they have (except when mass scanning or other stuff like that), so when you see numbers in ZvT and PvT you know that "terran got mules".
I see it much more like an indicator to know whever the different harras have been successfull (or if a player cut drones/probes/scv), than an indicator of the economy (in which case the problem is that a mule =! a scv)

But anyway GREAT job, I really like the zooms out and the "map in small dots" (It looks like supcom unzommed :D), legend is getting good at it
Juanald you're my hero I miss you -> best troll ever on TL <3
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
April 20 2013 10:02 GMT
#378
On April 20 2013 16:06 GameHeart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 20 2013 05:41 dani` wrote:
The permanent worker counter in the bottom center of the screen seems to include the number of active MULEs for Terran players, is this your intention? The built-in Income tab does not do this, thus when both are open different # of workers are shown which is confusing. I think most people would prefer pure SCV numbers, without MULEs.


It is true that it currently counts MULEs and not just SCVs. I have not yet made a determination as to whether I want to change this. While I agree that it would make sense to just show workers the same way as the default interface, I also think that including MULEs is a more accurate reflection of their economy at any given time, which is the primary purpose of the worker counts. I am a little torn but I am leaning towards removing MULEs from the count.


I wouldn't count one MULE as one worker. I also wouldn't like to see how many MULEs a terran has because this can be kinda missleading.
Since we can't see how many CCs a player has because we can't see his keys it may be possible to show the amount of CCs a terran has. But I don't know, thats doesn't sound like a good idea too.
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
Archerofaiur
Profile Joined August 2008
United States4101 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 14:37:31
April 20 2013 14:36 GMT
#379
Looks like allot of people on reddit like the megamap feature.
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1cq9cb/gameheart_large_minimap_in_gstl_is_sick/
http://sclegacy.com/news/28-scl/250-starcraftlegacy-macro-theorycrafting-contest-winners
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
April 20 2013 14:45 GMT
#380
I think the drawing tools is, like you said, not used only because of production difficulties.
but the overall idea is not bad at all. I was a bit disappointed as well but it is a useful tool to have imo
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 126
UpATreeSC 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1357
EffOrt 1118
Mini 730
Soma 618
actioN 473
Rush 435
Larva 312
Light 302
BeSt 217
Snow 145
[ Show more ]
hero 114
firebathero 112
Dewaltoss 111
Liquid`Ret 58
Zeus 58
sorry 56
Barracks 55
Sexy 26
Shine 26
ToSsGirL 25
JYJ 24
Bale 23
soO 22
Trap 19
zelot 15
Rock 12
Sacsri 8
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8273
qojqva2150
Dendi895
420jenkins176
Counter-Strike
Fnx 797
pashabiceps705
x6flipin587
ceh9384
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes6385
Grubby3969
Liquid`Hasu353
Other Games
Beastyqt504
byalli442
B2W.Neo422
Khaldor194
DeMusliM170
ArmadaUGS152
Liquid`VortiX146
KnowMe137
C9.Mang090
BRAT_OK 84
TKL 61
Trikslyr59
Railgan8
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV268
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile125
• Reevou 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 14
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 6
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV416
League of Legends
• Nemesis3533
• TFBlade851
Other Games
• Shiphtur285
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 4m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 4m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.