• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:47
CEST 06:47
KST 13:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10155 users

Is Terran to remain the lowest played race? - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 30 Next All
YumYumGranola
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada346 Posts
January 26 2013 22:32 GMT
#381
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
February 05 2013 07:19 GMT
#382
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 07:23:15
February 05 2013 07:22 GMT
#383
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?


No. Insanely more difficult. Simply resetting rallies for each individual building to a location and constantly telling each created miner to mine is exponentially more time consuming.
sickoota
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada918 Posts
February 05 2013 07:49 GMT
#384
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...

This was true at the beginning of sc2. However, in the past couple of years development in zerg mechanics (backspace inject, hotkey from eggs) has made zerg imo the mechanically easiest race in terms of screen movement and multitasking. Just a single extremely fast screen movement to do backspace injects (which only became really vialbe after the patch that allowed custom hotkeys since backspace is so out of the way) and the rest of your time you can spend on army movement and creep spread. You can create 50 units at once by pressing one button and holding it down. Don't have to deal with rallys either since you can add everything directly into the correct control group from egg. Pretty far from "mechanically more challenging' if you ask me.
I could spend a while with that smile
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
February 05 2013 07:49 GMT
#385
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
February 05 2013 07:57 GMT
#386
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.


When's the last time larva was a really important consideration in a ZvX matchup? The macro mechanics were a cool idea but they might have missed the mark.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 05 2013 07:59 GMT
#387
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.

As someone who played random for a good 13months straight zerg is far more mechanically demanding then protoss and about even with terran in sc2. At least for me lol.
nimbim
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany986 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 08:13:45
February 05 2013 08:05 GMT
#388
On February 05 2013 16:59 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.

As someone who played random for a good 13months straight zerg is far more mechanically demanding then protoss and about even with terran in sc2. At least for me lol.


Same for me, I played random for ~2years. If there's nothing going it is of course very easy to hit every inject and spread your creep, but once you have to divert your attention in the midgame a zerg player who misses 2 injects will fall more behind than the terran/protoss who neglected to use their macro mechanic twice.
I could imagine it feels different for everyone, though. For someone the hand movement for going through rax/fac/port might be harder to do than going through screen locations every 17seconds.
forsooth
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3648 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-05 08:31:56
February 05 2013 08:28 GMT
#389
On February 05 2013 16:59 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.

As someone who played random for a good 13months straight zerg is far more mechanically demanding then protoss and about even with terran in sc2. At least for me lol.

See:
On February 05 2013 16:49 sickoota wrote:
This was true at the beginning of sc2. However, in the past couple of years development in zerg mechanics (backspace inject, hotkey from eggs) has made zerg imo the mechanically easiest race in terms of screen movement and multitasking. Just a single extremely fast screen movement to do backspace injects (which only became really vialbe after the patch that allowed custom hotkeys since backspace is so out of the way) and the rest of your time you can spend on army movement and creep spread. You can create 50 units at once by pressing one button and holding it down. Don't have to deal with rallys either since you can add everything directly into the correct control group from egg. Pretty far from "mechanically more challenging' if you ask me.

Once you learn these little tricks, Zerg macro becomes easier than even Protoss because you don't have to think about anything. There's no worrying about stuff like like infrastructure scaling, building placement/simcity, or add-on balance/swapping.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
February 05 2013 08:41 GMT
#390
On February 05 2013 17:28 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:59 bo1b wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.

As someone who played random for a good 13months straight zerg is far more mechanically demanding then protoss and about even with terran in sc2. At least for me lol.

See:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:49 sickoota wrote:
This was true at the beginning of sc2. However, in the past couple of years development in zerg mechanics (backspace inject, hotkey from eggs) has made zerg imo the mechanically easiest race in terms of screen movement and multitasking. Just a single extremely fast screen movement to do backspace injects (which only became really vialbe after the patch that allowed custom hotkeys since backspace is so out of the way) and the rest of your time you can spend on army movement and creep spread. You can create 50 units at once by pressing one button and holding it down. Don't have to deal with rallys either since you can add everything directly into the correct control group from egg. Pretty far from "mechanically more challenging' if you ask me.

Once you learn these little tricks, Zerg macro becomes easier than even Protoss because you don't have to think about anything. There's no worrying about stuff like like infrastructure scaling, building placement/simcity, or add-on balance/swapping.

What makes you think I wasn't camera injecting? And I really struggle to control an army well if everything is on the same hotkey lol. I dunno how nerchio has everything on one hotkey and doesn't just a-move into people. In any event, believing that you don't have to go back to base in order to make spines/spores/macro hatches, and thinking that building placement isn't important when it's how you defend against hellions early game, as well as ignoring creep is silly. But that's just my opinion, and I still find terran macro slightly easier, and protoss macro disgustingly easy.
n0ise
Profile Joined April 2010
3452 Posts
February 05 2013 08:52 GMT
#391
As I've said before, at this stage you don't put your faith in Blizzard's team, since that would be folly.

In the near future, probably everyone will know all three races and for each tournament/patch will pick the most suitable one. Sadly, it seems the only way to go forward.
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
February 05 2013 09:01 GMT
#392
Random player since beta (diamond for what it's worth)

It is pretty clear to me that in terms of difficulty, Terran is harder than Zerg, which is harder than Protoss.

I don't say that Protoss is easy, far from it. But I am ashamed how easy it is for me to handle the Terran bioball with chargelot/archon/templar or chargelot/colossus. And how hard it is the other way round
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
February 05 2013 17:19 GMT
#393
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.


I meant go to town hall, select worker, right click on mineral => repeat every 17 seconds
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
L3gendary
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1470 Posts
February 05 2013 18:21 GMT
#394
On February 06 2013 02:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.


I meant go to town hall, select worker, right click on mineral => repeat every 17 seconds


No it's not any way comparable. I don't even know where to start, like you realize there's no separate worker rally in bw and that you can only select one building at a time to macro and normally you have a lot more hatcheries in bw since there's no queens? You're comparing apples to oranges. Try playing BW or SC2BW with the BW settings and maybe you'll get an idea.

On topic though I don't mind that there's a lack of terran players so much because then I don't have to play many TvTs .
Watching Jaedong play purifies my eyes. -Coach Ju Hoon
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
February 05 2013 18:25 GMT
#395
I think its time for me to race switch to the Terran side.
https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
SupLilSon
Profile Joined October 2011
Malaysia4123 Posts
February 05 2013 18:29 GMT
#396
On February 06 2013 03:21 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2013 02:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.


I meant go to town hall, select worker, right click on mineral => repeat every 17 seconds


No it's not any way comparable. I don't even know where to start, like you realize there's no separate worker rally in bw and that you can only select one building at a time to macro and normally you have a lot more hatcheries in bw since there's no queens? You're comparing apples to oranges. Try playing BW or SC2BW with the BW settings and maybe you'll get an idea.

On topic though I don't mind that there's a lack of terran players so much because then I don't have to play many TvTs .

Yea holy shit. I tried to go back and play some BW after I finally got sick to the bone with SC2 and I pretty much gave up. Its so hard to perform simple macro tasks in BW after 2 years of being coddled by SC2. I gave up and just play DOTA ;(
Thieving Magpie
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States6752 Posts
February 05 2013 18:51 GMT
#397
On February 06 2013 03:21 L3gendary wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 06 2013 02:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.


I meant go to town hall, select worker, right click on mineral => repeat every 17 seconds


No it's not any way comparable. I don't even know where to start, like you realize there's no separate worker rally in bw and that you can only select one building at a time to macro and normally you have a lot more hatcheries in bw since there's no queens? You're comparing apples to oranges. Try playing BW or SC2BW with the BW settings and maybe you'll get an idea.

On topic though I don't mind that there's a lack of terran players so much because then I don't have to play many TvTs .


Sigh... As I said "Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys" look how I say (without hotkeys) look how I then clarified with "I meant go to town hall, select worker, right click on mineral => repeat every 17 seconds" look how that does not cancel out my previous statement of NO HOTKEYS.

If injects were every 17 seconds (instead of 40) it would be hard. If it was every 17 seconds without hotkeys it would feel impossible. Then you're made to imagine that all 3 races have this problem; and suddenly you hate life.
Hark, what baseball through yonder window breaks?
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
February 05 2013 18:58 GMT
#398
On February 05 2013 16:59 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 16:49 forsooth wrote:
On February 05 2013 16:19 Thieving Magpie wrote:
On January 27 2013 07:32 YumYumGranola wrote:
On January 25 2013 12:12 SeeN_CiRcUs wrote:
I picked Zerg because I felt they were the most difficult to play mechanically. I feel like the need for manual injects and creep spread make them more challenging than the other races (obv being an ex-BW player, all of the races are easymode for me in terms of macro). Granted I've only played again for a week or so and I probably won't be masters for another day or two but when I played Terran back during 2010 the mechanics were super easy for me. I assume this is aimed at the multi-tasking and micro more than macro mechanics? For me, Terran macro is really easy along with Protoss. Only Zerg gives any challenge really...


Really don't agree that inject larvae is a particularly difficult task to do from a macro perspective. Weren't you used to skipping through your command structures on a regular basis to set your un-rallied harvesters to mining? Basically instead of clicking on a recently finished SCV/probe/drone it's just clicking a queen and casting an ability, except on a much longer cycle time. I guess we're all different in how we perceive macro difficulty but inject larvae in my opinion should be relatively easy for anybody who played BW...


Isn't BW macro just an inject every 17 seconds without hotkeys?

BW Zerg macro was very complicated drone and larvae management. There was no such thing as inject. Hatcheries spawned one larva at a time at a regular interval and maxed at three larvae. This meant Zerg players had to build a number of macro hatches and spend much of the game being very careful about when they produced what. SC2 Zerg macro is incredibly easy by comparison and I consider it the easiest overall out of both SC games.

As someone who played random for a good 13months straight zerg is far more mechanically demanding then protoss and about even with terran in sc2. At least for me lol.

i agree with you
''you got to yolo things up to win''
mihaiborcan
Profile Joined February 2013
2 Posts
February 05 2013 19:15 GMT
#399
On February 05 2013 17:41 bo1b wrote:
I dunno how nerchio has everything on one hotkey and doesn't just a-move into people.

Nerchio actually does exactly this. Luckily, he is zerg, so this, along with spamming F is enough vs terran.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 05 2013 19:19 GMT
#400
On February 06 2013 04:15 mihaiborcan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 17:41 bo1b wrote:
I dunno how nerchio has everything on one hotkey and doesn't just a-move into people.

Nerchio actually does exactly this. Luckily, he is zerg, so this, along with spamming F is enough vs terran.

Haha, you don't really back up your statements when you post them from a newly created account. Have at least the balls to post with your main.
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 189
ProTech124
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3173
Shuttle 1538
Sharp 279
Dewaltoss 83
Mong 51
Noble 14
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox664
Other Games
summit1g7615
WinterStarcraft506
C9.Mang0264
Sick112
ViBE106
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• StrangeGG 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota289
League of Legends
• Lourlo1087
• Stunt339
Other Games
• Shiphtur412
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 13m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.