• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:40
CEST 16:40
KST 23:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6762 users

HotS release date: March 12th - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
1196 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 60 Next
Remember you can pre-order your copy through the TL store and help support Team Liquid! It's also an easy way to get a beta key!
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
November 13 2012 15:29 GMT
#341
On November 14 2012 00:26 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 00:23 [F_]aths wrote:
On November 13 2012 21:55 EnumaAvalon wrote:
Is it an expansion or a stand alone game from WoL?

Expansion (Wol is required to use Hots.)


Oh they just shot themselves in the leg so hard. Not only do you need to pay 60 bucks to play star 2 now, you also need to pay another 40 bucks to get hots. Thats 100 bucks just to get into a new game, quiet a lot if you ask me. Good thing blizzard has so many brainless fanboys who'll buy anything that has blizzard on it.

Expect a considerable price drop for Wol some time after the Hots release.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
November 13 2012 15:30 GMT
#342
Well, SC2 and D3 taught me a lesson.
Moderator<:3-/-<
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
November 13 2012 15:31 GMT
#343
im getting really tired of people talking about the price. you know you are going to play the game way more then 40$ worth so stfu already
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
LOLItsRyann
Profile Joined April 2011
England551 Posts
November 13 2012 15:32 GMT
#344
On November 14 2012 00:31 Wrathsc2 wrote:
im getting really tired of people talking about the price. you know you are going to play the game way more then 40$ worth so stfu already


I totally agree. I don't actually know how much it would take to stop me getting HotS O_O.
EG<3
BlitchizSC2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States306 Posts
November 13 2012 15:33 GMT
#345
can't wait!
www.twitch.tv/blitchizsc2 | http://www.youtube.com/BlitchizStarcraft ~ fighting!
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
November 13 2012 15:33 GMT
#346
Does anyone remember how long WOL beta was? If HOTS beta continues for another 3-4 months, that's about 5-6 months of beta total.
MMA: The true King of Wings
Exigaet
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada355 Posts
November 13 2012 15:33 GMT
#347
By the way (everyone complaining about price), Brood War was $30 when it came out at the end of March in 1998. $30 in 1998 would be about $42.60 today.

[image loading]

Source
Baptista
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Poland141 Posts
November 13 2012 15:36 GMT
#348
Can someone tell me how are they going to pull of 40Euro and 40$ versions with Global Play?
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
November 13 2012 15:36 GMT
#349
On November 14 2012 00:31 Wrathsc2 wrote:
im getting really tired of people talking about the price. you know you are going to play the game way more then 40$ worth so stfu already

honestly even D3 who most people considered a letdown, I still put down like 250 hrs into, even it might not have lived up to D2 it was still a worthy purchase

seriously shut up about the prizing, it's sensible, stop being so greedy :s
Butterednuts
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States859 Posts
November 13 2012 15:37 GMT
#350
I have to buy 2 versions of this, one for me and one for my boyfriend.

$80 total really isn't a lot for about 2 years of expansion gameplay. People pay $40-60 for WoW expansions on top of paying $15/mo.

Get over yourself. $40 is such a small amount of money. Hopefully you can be able to save $10/mo. every month until March.
Chameleons Cast No Shadows
MangoMountain
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2044 Posts
November 13 2012 15:39 GMT
#351
The 60$ I spent on WoL are probably the most worthwhile 60$ I ever spent, 40$ for hots doesn't bother me when I think about how much play time I got out of WoL
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
November 13 2012 15:39 GMT
#352
On November 14 2012 00:36 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 00:31 Wrathsc2 wrote:
im getting really tired of people talking about the price. you know you are going to play the game way more then 40$ worth so stfu already

honestly even D3 who most people considered a letdown, I still put down like 250 hrs into, even it might not have lived up to D2 it was still a worthy purchase

seriously shut up about the prizing, it's sensible, stop being so greedy :s

I know. People have unrealistic expectations on D3. It's great the first 100 hours, even before the patches came in.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
November 13 2012 15:42 GMT
#353
US blog: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7831333
EU blog: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/6512880

40 dollars seems the price it'd cost. Like WoW expansions. I'll probably buy the deluxe edition, but first they need to switch my EU account back to latin-america, I want hots in PTBR
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
VPVanek
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada238 Posts
November 13 2012 15:43 GMT
#354
If you buy the instore collection edition, do you still get the online features (Kerrigan wings in D3)?
FoXer
aka_star
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United Kingdom1546 Posts
November 13 2012 15:43 GMT
#355
I will not buy HotS, I'm sorry blizzard but you've failed in my opinion. A few new units and some features that should be there at the start of the WoL?... The units don't address the concerns with stale repetitive strategies and deathball syndrome and the statements of making them imba so people build strategies around them is hardly a reassuring approach to game design. I predict a spike at the very start but a super rapid drop off.
FlashDave.999 aka Star
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
November 13 2012 15:45 GMT
#356
Blizzard announcing a release date more than one or two months in advance is bad news.
Zannadar
Profile Joined March 2011
Turkey294 Posts
November 13 2012 15:45 GMT
#357
Seriously, $40 is nothing. Skip going out on one Saturday night for the next 2 years for dinner, drinks, chicks etc. and on top...you probably even saved some money.
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
November 13 2012 15:47 GMT
#358
On November 14 2012 00:43 VPVanek wrote:
If you buy the instore collection edition, do you still get the online features (Kerrigan wings in D3)?


Yes. It would be kind of silly if it wasn't huh?
Pokemon Master
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
November 13 2012 15:48 GMT
#359
On November 14 2012 00:36 HaXXspetten wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 00:31 Wrathsc2 wrote:
im getting really tired of people talking about the price. you know you are going to play the game way more then 40$ worth so stfu already

honestly even D3 who most people considered a letdown, I still put down like 250 hrs into, even it might not have lived up to D2 it was still a worthy purchase

seriously shut up about the prizing, it's sensible, stop being so greedy :s


In a world where people are able to obtain lots of "entertainment" for free. People feel boxed in when they have to pay for something (SC2) and then feel the need to lash back without thinking "hey, $40 for potentially another 1000+ hours of entertainment... sweet"

$40 gets you like what... 4 cinema movies, not including drinks? about 2 hours out on the town drinking? *shakes head* sad times hahahaha.
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-14 00:13:43
November 13 2012 15:48 GMT
#360
On November 14 2012 00:07 Duval wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 14 2012 00:06 Grobyc wrote:
I wouldn't be overly happy paying $40 for the MP aspects, and I say that because I don't plan on playing campaign. I also say that because according to some posts I've read here, the b.net features like clan support and such are being added to WoL once HotS comes out, so to me it really just feels like I'm paying $40 for the new units. And as a Terran, I'm not content with the current units for each race.


So if you're buying a car, but only want one seat in it, you'd only pay half the price? That makes so much sense!

No, that's a terrible analogy. Do you need me to explain why?

  1. If I wanted a 1-seater I'd buy a motorcycle. (yes, not the point you were trying to make, but a poor analogy deserves a fitting response)
  2. Necessity vs want. You're comparing a vehicle, something that is arguably necessary in today's working world (depending on where you live, etc) to a video game. If a video game doesn't interest me why would I pay full price for it? Note I said "so to me it really just feels like I'm paying $40 for the new units. And as a Terran, I'm not content with the current units for each race. " I also said that because that's my view, I understand that many people would pay full price for it. This wasn't an objective statement. Also cute how you conveniently cut out the second part of my post that noted that. Here, let me quote it for you:
    + Show Spoiler +
    I can see how some other people don't mind it depending on what they're actually doing with HotS, but personally, I'm just disappointed at the state of HotS and therefore can't justify spending more than $20 on it.


    On the other hand, if I need a vehicle I must succumb to the posted price or find an alternative (bus, subway), regardless if it comes with other features bundled I don't want.

My post was completely subjective dude. If I don't like something, I'm not paying for it. I never said Blizzard should just lower the price or anything. For people who like what HotS brings, $40 is a fitting price. I'm not in that boat.

So if you were to change your analogy to something like "If you were buying a video game but only wanted half of the video game, would you only pay half price?" then yeah, if I was unable to get it for half price (think Wax's suggestion) I wouldn't buy it or would wait for it to go down in price. Oh wait, that's exactly what this scenario is.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 60 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 931
WardiTV853
OGKoka 263
Rex141
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 263
ProTech156
Rex 141
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2840
Shuttle 1733
EffOrt 845
BeSt 695
Light 390
Mini 337
firebathero 314
Stork 276
ZerO 268
ggaemo 257
[ Show more ]
Rush 179
Barracks 111
Zeus 85
Sea.KH 70
Shine 65
Killer 61
sorry 44
Hyun 40
Mong 34
Yoon 33
Aegong 29
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 27
Shinee 27
Bale 24
Terrorterran 21
soO 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 13
yabsab 10
zelot 8
Noble 7
Dewaltoss 1
Dota 2
qojqva4079
Dendi1861
BananaSlamJamma388
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes540
Other Games
singsing2298
hiko1074
B2W.Neo883
Liquid`RaSZi555
Lowko354
Pyrionflax223
Sick213
Liquid`VortiX205
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King41
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream540
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
lovetv 8
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH305
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2262
• Nemesis1867
• TFBlade518
Other Games
• WagamamaTV281
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.