• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:00
CEST 06:00
KST 13:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8696 users

[Interview] LG-IM_Mvp Pt 2 - Neck Pains and Family - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
habeck
Profile Joined February 2011
1120 Posts
September 25 2012 12:24 GMT
#121
I just wish MVP takes break before hots, and can return in HOTS with his full power, please MVP, take a rest
Finnz
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom260 Posts
September 25 2012 12:31 GMT
#122
MVP will always be the king no matter what happens.

I wish he would take the rest that he needs and comes back to play again. Im sure someone of his talent could come back and still be the best in the world.
Entirety
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
1423 Posts
September 25 2012 22:02 GMT
#123
I would love to see him win a million more GSLs. Still, this interview begs the question:

When will be an appropriate time for him to leave?

His injury is a ticking time bomb and it is set to explode eventually. We know it and Mvp certainly feels it. Mvp can't keep doing this forever, he truly needs to stop eventually and get it treated.

Still, the fact that he knows this and is choosing to postpone his surgery says something about the enormous pressure he's in. He probably feels that getting surgery will virtually guarantee his fade from importance. Just follow Mvp's train of thought with me:

My wrist hurts and I believe my skill is VERY VERY low in the GSL -> I manage to win through luck -> If I stop playing and practicing, I will fall far behind the other players without hope of catching up, especially since I don't believe myself to possess a high skill level in the first place

Honestly, I believe that Mvp was planning on getting full-scale treatment around February to March of 2012. Unfortunately, he managed to win a GSL in that time.

If you honestly believe that your wins are LUCK, would you give up a Ro16 spot in the GSL? If you are competing for GSL, OSL, WCG, and there are so many foreign tournaments that offer a huge prize pool, would you willingly give up your streak of luck?

I can only feel that Mvp is waiting for his "luck" to run out. He wants to win as much as possible while he still can, and once his luck runs out, he will get the surgery/treatment. Afterwards, he can potentially return to the pro scene but he feels that he will be out of championship contention by that point. Basically, getting surgery will signal his retirement.

If you truly believe this, would you be willing to get your surgery now? If it were me and I felt this way, I would want to go out with a bang. I would seek that ONE last thing, maybe one last GSL. If it were me, I would continue trying my best, destroying my own health, all for the sake of making it deep into this GSL, perhaps even taking it home.

Mvp is really inspiring.
IMMvp (정종현) | Fan Club: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=211431
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 25 2012 22:36 GMT
#124
Please MVP, take the time to recuperate now. Sure I can definitely understand where you're coming from that all of these new things are coming in, BUT there will be a more leveled playing field once Heart of the Swarm starts! It'd be painful to watch you struggle because of your health issues during HotS when you should be playing at your best. If what you say about health being important and your current slump then isn't it the best time now to take a few months off SC2 in order to be treated? Not only that it'll finally get rid of all of the comments that your illness is used as an excuse for when you lose, another thing you are stressed out about. It just seems that taking time to recover is the best option for you right now!
pwnageoftheyear
Profile Joined September 2012
United States64 Posts
October 03 2012 05:03 GMT
#125
mvp is humble as fuck
eventually, we all must learn when to shut the f*** up
DuB phool
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1003 Posts
October 03 2012 05:18 GMT
#126
So many parts of this just made me want to cry... wow, what a guy.
Suddenly I like Mvp quite a lot. Such a story and such a fighter. GO. WIN!
"overwatch is jesus" - motbob 2016
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
October 03 2012 05:39 GMT
#127
this sucks so bad for such a good player ;_; so much talent... bad things always happen to good people
133 221 333 123 111
Gojira621
Profile Joined October 2010
United States374 Posts
October 03 2012 06:08 GMT
#128
I think at the end of the year Mvp should really take some time off to get this stuff treated and hopefully fixed. It sounds like GSL season 5 will end at ipl5 in the beginning of december, and that's the last GSL for the year. Mr. Chae said something about hoping that the first season of next year's GSL will be HotS so maybe that would be a good time to take some time off and heal up. Even missing the first few months of HotS wouldn't be that bad there will be so much game-mapping and build testing going on
www.twitch.tv/Gojira621
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
October 03 2012 06:24 GMT
#129
Eh, even though there's a lull around December, MVP still has a point. I think he's pretty unique in that he really understands the climate of the scene at the moment. We'll see how far he makes it this season.
Headnoob
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2108 Posts
October 03 2012 07:13 GMT
#130
He better get surgery, can't have MVP injured god damnit.
MonkSEA
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Australia1227 Posts
October 03 2012 07:14 GMT
#131
I laugh at all the people who compare MVP and Flash in terms of injuries together. Didn't know if you had invasive surgery on your neck that you'd recover in the same amount of time as if it were done on your arm.

My friends brother is having constant surgery for what MVP has - it's not going to be fixed up just via one surgery. My friends brother is only 13 as well. I'd be putting money on MVP retiring. Like I said - It's not just something you can fix after a few hours in surgery, it'll take a lot longer. That's assuming everything goes swell too, MVP might have put too much strain on his neck that he could have permanently damaged a disc, I don't think anyone will really know until they get in there and try to fix it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sirmonkeh Zerg Live Casts and Commentary!
Confuse
Profile Joined October 2009
2238 Posts
October 03 2012 08:20 GMT
#132
MVP... seriously take a break man. you have to. this is getting insane. T_T I was so sad to read this interview..
If we fear what we do not understand, then why is ignorance bliss?
kinsky
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany368 Posts
October 03 2012 08:33 GMT
#133
MVP= A true hero! What an attitude. More people should learn a lesson from him.
Jermman
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada174 Posts
October 03 2012 10:10 GMT
#134
MVP is the most humble man in esports, wow
Terran/Random Player
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
October 03 2012 11:04 GMT
#135
Very inspiring interview. MVP truly is the king.
@riotsnowbird
Blacktion
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom1148 Posts
October 03 2012 12:16 GMT
#136
"Seo Yeon Ji: What are you proudest of as a pro-gamer?

Mvp: When I was young, my family conditions were poor. And as I became a professional gamer, I was determined to succeed and buy a house for the family. But I wasn't able to fulfil that dream when I was in Woongjin.

Seo Yeon Ji: When you won GSL, you fulfilled your dream, and took the first step.

Mvp: I still remember it today. The house I was in last time was really small, and it was really inconvenient. But after winning GSL twice, I gathered enough money to buy a house. When I passed the money to my dad, I think my father said, "We can finally buy a house." My dad and I will never forget that moment. Even though I never said anything, I was happier than at any other time in my life."

MVP such a champion, in game and out of it.
Where's Boxer, there's victory! - figq
Spicy_Curry
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States10573 Posts
October 03 2012 12:24 GMT
#137
I would've enjoyed the interview more if there were less pictures of the interviewer and more of MVP. Sure shes nice to look at but this is about MVP and the pain he has to fight; the interviewers photos just detracts from that.
High Risk Low Reward
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
October 03 2012 12:35 GMT
#138
As somebody who has a simple L4/L5 disc herniation, I suspect that "treatment" isn't going to do much for MVP. Anything nerve-related is really tricky, and his condition isn't even an injury -- it's just his morphology. I wonder what doctors would even try to do for him? You can't unflex somebody's cervical spine, can you?

If you live with inflammation and pain of that type for a while, it usually takes an ungodly amount of time to cool it off. All the old triggers still remain, too. Good luck MVP -- I hope medical science has an answer for you.
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
skyflyfish
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada499 Posts
October 03 2012 16:38 GMT
#139
mv fucking p~
as1
Lysanias
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands8351 Posts
October 04 2012 03:39 GMT
#140
Heart of a fing champion !

MVP not getting treatment means it's proberly simply not easily solved unlike the Flash wrist injury or the JD eye surgery.
Like others have stated nerve related injury's are difficult to pinpoint and repair, he might be out way more then 3 months, it could easily mean the end of his pro gaming career.

For people to say get treatment etc it's important to think in his shoes, and look at the money he has made so far, something simply could not have been done with a standard job. As long as he still can win i can't blame him for sticking around even though it's a painful proces, he has his family to think about.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
SpeCial 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2009
Snow 33
NaDa 30
Bale 29
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1076
WinterStarcraft593
Other Games
summit1g8570
Doublelift2322
JimRising 678
PiGStarcraft292
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0170
Maynarde148
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• practicex 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki174
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Rush513
• Stunt258
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h
OSC
9h
Stellar Fest
9h
OSC
20h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.