• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:01
CEST 06:01
KST 13:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8734 users

[Interview] LG-IM_Mvp Pt 2 - Neck Pains and Family - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
September 25 2012 03:59 GMT
#101
Ty for the translation.

As much as I love to watch Mvp play I would love to see him take some time off before Hots and work on getting closer to 100%. I guess i'll keep cheering for victories but if he loses it means he has more time to rest :/
IcedBacon
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada906 Posts
September 25 2012 04:13 GMT
#102
There is very little time to rest in between the GSL seasons. Also, global tournaments are constantly going on. In addition, Kespa players have joined in the scene recently, and that makes it all the harder. If I rest for three months and then come back, I might as well have retired.


Unfortunately this is so true :< Some KeSPA players have already caught up and given a few months they'll definitely all be that more impressive. I think he should go get the treatment he needs though. He's had an amazing career in StarCraft II and I don't think he'll be able to take another GSL or something without being able to practice optimally so he might as well get his health in check before things decline. And who knows, maybe he'll even make a huge comeback after.
"I went Zerg because Artosis is a douchebag." -IdrA
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
September 25 2012 04:18 GMT
#103
This is straight up depressing. Happy about him being able to buy a house for a family, but all this retirement talk and his injury scares me. He really needs to get this sorted if it's as bad as he says, an eSports world without Mvp would be weird. :<
Long live the King of Wings
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
September 25 2012 04:21 GMT
#104
On September 25 2012 13:13 IcedBacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
There is very little time to rest in between the GSL seasons. Also, global tournaments are constantly going on. In addition, Kespa players have joined in the scene recently, and that makes it all the harder. If I rest for three months and then come back, I might as well have retired.


Unfortunately this is so true :< Some KeSPA players have already caught up and given a few months they'll definitely all be that more impressive. I think he should go get the treatment he needs though. He's had an amazing career in StarCraft II and I don't think he'll be able to take another GSL or something without being able to practice optimally so he might as well get his health in check before things decline. And who knows, maybe he'll even make a huge comeback after.


He can still win things even as he is right now, I think that's why he's not taking a break. He won GSL and IEM this year while heavily injured.
ZigguratOfUr
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Iraq16955 Posts
September 25 2012 04:32 GMT
#105
I think that MVP should absolutely get an operation, and should get it now.

He is probably thinking to himself, that he has to choose a quiet (quiet Starcraft-wise) time to give him time to have an operation, and recover, but I would hazard that the best time is now. He should've chosen to have the operation a few months back, but I can understand him reluctance to leave during such an influx of new sc2 players (KeSPA). I don't think that he will find a better time than this, due to the fact that Wings Of Liberty is winding down, and Heart of the Swarm will reset the playing field Soon™. I also don't think that coming back is as difficult as most people think, mostly due to the speed the KeSPA player learned the game. So, it should be possible for him to regain his former level of skill, after recovering.

As I do not know the specifics of his medical condition, I cannot say for certain that the decision to operate now would be the best. However, MVP really should not leave something like this untreated, for his sake, and ours. Also, I don't believe that he can stay on top of the Starcraft 2 scene with decision making and build orders alone, and to get better he really needs this operation.

Regardless, <3 MVP, hope he gets better soon.
FidoDido
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 04:38:25
September 25 2012 04:36 GMT
#106
As a fan, sometimes I wish he would just get knocked out code S so he can focus on recovery. But clearly, at the top level of Starcraft, even resting for a couple months means you're way behind on the current meta game and will be out of shape on game mechanics.

I think the best time for him to take a break will be after this season of GSL. He will have a couple months to recover in time for Hots, then maybe he won't miss out as much.

It's pretty sad in the current state of e-sports, there is no "Off-Season" for a tournament as prestigious as the GSL
LGIMSeed FantasyToss~~ Hipster Seed fan before he made Code A
aznball123
Profile Joined February 2012
2759 Posts
September 25 2012 05:10 GMT
#107
Mvp, take a break man! It's better for the future..
Mmm, what to watch.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
September 25 2012 05:18 GMT
#108
Whatever he chooses, MVP will always be remembered and in the hearts of many
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Ksquared
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1748 Posts
September 25 2012 05:45 GMT
#109
MVP's interviews are always so depressing,
eSports for life.
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
September 25 2012 05:59 GMT
#110
He must do a serious surgery/take a long break. Please Mvp. Else you will just harm yourself constantly without progress.
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
brokenLoL
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom419 Posts
September 25 2012 06:08 GMT
#111
Get well soon. This is why I love MVP. He's so inspring and down to earth.
Save me from myself
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
September 25 2012 06:14 GMT
#112
I don't think what he says is true at all, when Mvp was in form - hell, when he WASN'T in form he can win GSLs - he DOMINATED EVERYTHING. Closest thing SC2 has ever had to bonjwa, and it SUCKS that injury restrained him from his full potential. Who knows really though, the KESPA players could get much much much better in 3-4 months of playing, as we have seen them get so good in just the short time they have had already, and Mvp would probably know best of all.
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
September 25 2012 07:32 GMT
#113
Fantastic interview, thanks for the translation
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
acrimoneyius
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States983 Posts
September 25 2012 08:26 GMT
#114
If MVP wins a 5th GSL title with his current condition.....
Flowsick
Profile Joined June 2011
Estonia234 Posts
September 25 2012 09:48 GMT
#115
I really hope Mvp gets the treatment. Naturally his form would drop significantly, but I imagine the hunger and motivation you get from being away for a while along with feeling much much better physically would allow someone with such amazing talents as Mvp to bounce back. I know I wouldn't stop cheering him on if he did it. C'mon Mvp, your fans want to see you in tip-top shape. Take care of yourself man!
Gene(S)is
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden419 Posts
September 25 2012 09:58 GMT
#116
Thanks for the translation Weirdkid!
For the swarm
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
September 25 2012 10:05 GMT
#117
I really don't like the example IMMvP is setting. Your physical/mental health are #1.
TL+ Member
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
September 25 2012 11:32 GMT
#118
Comon MVP, do the surgery TT
I don't know why he thinks he can't come back if he chose to rest for a few month.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
September 25 2012 11:46 GMT
#119
On September 25 2012 02:43 ACrow wrote:
Get a treatment, seriously. With the impeding switch to HotS he wouldn't even lose out too much by recovering three months. Health is sooooooo important...


Yeah, I agree. Someone tell that to MVP.

Plus, it's not like he can't catch up again easily.

It's not like you have to "keep up". Once you stop playing for (even) 5 months, you just get up to date on builds and everything and copy what everyone else is doing. Slowly learn about the new stuff.

Basically, like how KeSPA players caught up easily.

SC2 isn't really a game where if you start late, you can't "catch up". You just copy everyone's build, watch VODs, figure out what the new strategy and builds everyone are using and why, then you do it.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Masayume
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Netherlands208 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-25 12:14:05
September 25 2012 12:13 GMT
#120
I have the same condition and neck injury as MVP, and a surgery is really risky and it only has a 50% chance to even help. He seems to be at the point where I am at now, where the pain is very severe all the time, and I can only say that I respect this man so much for having pushed through that pain.

The best way to treat this problem is by a heavy treatment program from a chiropractor, coupled with lots of special exercises, a lot of icing and rest.

Having been disabled by this condition for 2 years now, and finally recovering, I truly hope that he takes the time between now and HotS coming out to start his treatment. He is a true champion and his reasons for fighting are to be admired. Please take care of your body MVP, before it will become too severe and you spend the rest of your life crippled, like my mother who has an advanced stage of this.
Balance. Enjoy the process instead of focusing on musts.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 206
SpeCial 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2009
Snow 33
NaDa 30
Bale 29
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
taco 567
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1434
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1076
WinterStarcraft593
Other Games
summit1g8570
Doublelift2322
JimRising 678
PiGStarcraft292
ArmadaUGS187
C9.Mang0170
Maynarde148
ViBE82
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick799
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream146
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• practicex 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki174
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1184
• Rush513
• Stunt258
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h
OSC
9h
Stellar Fest
9h
OSC
20h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.