• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8257 users

Unit preloader - effect caching custom map - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
August 21 2012 03:30 GMT
#101
will check this out when i get home

i play on a laptop so i will scratch and crawl at any extra fps i can get
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
August 21 2012 03:46 GMT
#102
this helps so much, I used it once and haven't not used it since!
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Becuula
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany65 Posts
August 30 2012 12:42 GMT
#103
A friend told me about this map. Now I use it every time when I start sc2. Works great. Thanks a lot.
It is difficulties which give birth to miracles.
ImNightmare
Profile Joined May 2012
1575 Posts
September 08 2012 06:15 GMT
#104
Please develop it for Sea I keep dying because it always stutters when I engage my enemy
Zurachi
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada289 Posts
September 16 2012 11:24 GMT
#105
I can't believe I JUST found this. Amazing! Will be exclusively using this from now on.
@ZurachiTV | www.youtube.com/ZurachiTV | "Satisfaction is the beginning of regression."
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-19 00:39:17
September 19 2012 00:38 GMT
#106
After 1.5.3, do we still need to use preloader?

and i never got an answer on does it work if you alt-tab when it's running.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
ZeroStarCraft2
Profile Joined March 2012
Malaysia154 Posts
September 19 2012 00:42 GMT
#107
If your friend doesn't upload it on sea fast enough please find someone else.
Squirtle, PartinG fighting!
Akio00
Profile Joined January 2011
United States98 Posts
September 23 2012 03:50 GMT
#108
Bump for a great tool. Thanks.
Gyoza
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden45 Posts
September 23 2012 05:55 GMT
#109
On September 19 2012 09:38 Belial88 wrote:
After 1.5.3, do we still need to use preloader?

and i never got an answer on does it work if you alt-tab when it's running.



^ This, does anyone know?
jnkw
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada347 Posts
September 23 2012 06:05 GMT
#110
On September 19 2012 09:38 Belial88 wrote:
After 1.5.3, do we still need to use preloader?

and i never got an answer on does it work if you alt-tab when it's running.


I never had terribly significant stuttering issues with 1.5 (the map was largely done as a service to the community) so I can't say for sure if 1.5.3 makes a noticeable difference. If 1.5.3 really does solve all the issues, I suppose over time people will mention that the map doesn't make as much of a difference as it used to. I imagine, though, that some people might still want to use it for testing or being absolutely certain that everything is running smooth in critical situations like a tournament setting.

It should work if you alt+tab while it's running.

On September 08 2012 15:15 ImNightmare wrote:
Please develop it for Sea I keep dying because it always stutters when I engage my enemy


On September 19 2012 09:42 SaYProPlz wrote:
If your friend doesn't upload it on sea fast enough please find someone else.


The map is now live on SEA. Sorry for the delay in getting it uploaded to that server.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
September 23 2012 06:09 GMT
#111
oh sweet thanks
Myrddraal
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia937 Posts
September 23 2012 06:12 GMT
#112
On September 23 2012 15:05 jnkw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 09:38 Belial88 wrote:
After 1.5.3, do we still need to use preloader?

and i never got an answer on does it work if you alt-tab when it's running.


I never had terribly significant stuttering issues with 1.5 (the map was largely done as a service to the community) so I can't say for sure if 1.5.3 makes a noticeable difference. If 1.5.3 really does solve all the issues, I suppose over time people will mention that the map doesn't make as much of a difference as it used to. I imagine, though, that some people might still want to use it for testing or being absolutely certain that everything is running smooth in critical situations like a tournament setting.

It should work if you alt+tab while it's running.

Show nested quote +
On September 08 2012 15:15 ImNightmare wrote:
Please develop it for Sea I keep dying because it always stutters when I engage my enemy


Show nested quote +
On September 19 2012 09:42 SaYProPlz wrote:
If your friend doesn't upload it on sea fast enough please find someone else.


The map is now live on SEA. Sorry for the delay in getting it uploaded to that server.


Awesome, thanks! Been waiting for it to come on SEA as well.
[stranded]: http://www.indiedb.com/games/stranded
xHadoken
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States171 Posts
September 23 2012 06:28 GMT
#113
Thanks will put this to use.
Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
coldman
Profile Joined November 2012
1 Post
November 06 2012 08:40 GMT
#114
Would you guys be interested in making a Preloder map for WC3? Because I'm experiencing the exact same lag and stuttering problems in WC3 on my laptop.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
November 06 2012 09:40 GMT
#115
I no longer experience any lag after 1.5.3, I assume this issue has been fixed?
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
November 06 2012 10:28 GMT
#116
Issue might have been fixed with 1.5.3 but I still think this "preloader" is useful, especially on older, slower computers, such as mine. I am going to use it Thank You jnkw!
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
November 06 2012 10:34 GMT
#117
On November 06 2012 19:28 Asturas wrote:
Issue might have been fixed with 1.5.3 but I still think this "preloader" is useful, especially on older, slower computers, such as mine. I am going to use it Thank You jnkw!

Since my first game always loads slower I might as well run this over anything else (especially when casting - I hate being the last person to load into a game).
Asturas
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Finland587 Posts
November 06 2012 10:44 GMT
#118
On November 06 2012 19:34 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2012 19:28 Asturas wrote:
Issue might have been fixed with 1.5.3 but I still think this "preloader" is useful, especially on older, slower computers, such as mine. I am going to use it Thank You jnkw!

Since my first game always loads slower I might as well run this over anything else (especially when casting - I hate being the last person to load into a game).


Exactly, I always have this annoying problem. First game always loads slower and then, even after 1.5.3, first fee seconds of the game are a bit... hmm slower?
There are no boundaries, that's the final conclusion.
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
November 06 2012 10:47 GMT
#119
Please develop a unit preloader for HOTS. Before the latest patch everything was smooth on low settings. Now the game freezes for several seconds several times. Between these freezes the game runs smoothly.

So a preloader for HOTS is really needed.
killcredit
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada2 Posts
November 22 2012 06:43 GMT
#120
BEST EVER!!!!!

I looked at all the comments and felt necessary to add a few more.

1. Run unit preloader and quit once it's done.
2. Save the replay
3. Load the replay and watch on 8 times speed

Each time you do this it will go faster and faster. I don't know the mechanics behind this but it was suggested to me
and I noticed 100000000% less lag when running this as many times as possible.

I usually run it around 8 times.

To support more ideas for the makers I suggest they add a rewind feature just like replay. Maybe even loop features to auto do multiple runs.

As of now I just load the replay every time I run the game.

It's a no brain'er must use custom.
No one is smarter than you are
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 711
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC399
TaKeTV 287
Rex115
IndyStarCraft 82
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 399
ProTech122
Rex 113
IndyStarCraft 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44454
Bisu 2539
Horang2 1350
Shuttle 896
EffOrt 765
Hyuk 621
BeSt 584
Soma 541
Light 418
Mini 403
[ Show more ]
Larva 339
Rush 225
ZerO 222
Mong 86
Leta 84
Snow 69
Sea.KH 55
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 49
Mind 44
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Aegong 27
Yoon 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 19
Noble 12
Trap 9
Rock 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6822
Counter-Strike
Fnx 793
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1523
Khaldor1027
Lowko460
Other Games
singsing2028
hiko1571
olofmeister1518
Beastyqt466
B2W.Neo417
Livibee194
XaKoH 186
Hui .155
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King75
djWHEAT68
QueenE32
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV162
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2712
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 11m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 11m
Online Event
21h 11m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.