• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:49
CEST 15:49
KST 22:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8257 users

Unit preloader - effect caching custom map - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Doominator10
Profile Joined August 2012
United States515 Posts
November 24 2012 23:46 GMT
#121
+1 bump for such an amazing tool/idea.

I'm fairly sure my lag issues have been relieved (slightly) , but I'm even more sure that this is more useful to me as a pre-ladder psyche up. Run once, I'm automatically going to be playing better. Even if it doesn't work as intended (and I'm fairly sure it does), I feel better as a person :D

Keep up good work.
Your DOOM has arrived,,,, and is handing out cookies
Selitos
Profile Joined July 2012
United States2 Posts
December 08 2012 01:15 GMT
#122
We need a preloader for HotS

I love this for WoL and use it every time I play.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 08 2012 01:19 GMT
#123
Why dont games do what they used to and actuly LOAD THINGS in the loading screen instead of loading half the game and then trying to access the other unloaded half whenever you actually play?
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
jnkw
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada347 Posts
December 08 2012 04:56 GMT
#124
On December 08 2012 10:15 Selitos wrote:
We need a preloader for HotS

I love this for WoL and use it every time I play.


I've been getting quite a few requests to port this to HotS. There are some complications with dependencies since the tools aren't complete in the beta, but I'll see what I can do when I have the time.
Selitos
Profile Joined July 2012
United States2 Posts
December 13 2012 01:12 GMT
#125
Thanks! Great thing you do for the community, fixing stuttering around the world!
Devilldog
Profile Joined October 2010
United States69 Posts
December 21 2012 00:28 GMT
#126
Can't wait for this to be on hots. Doing matches has been painful....
Csong
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada396 Posts
December 21 2012 00:58 GMT
#127
this is so helpful <3
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
December 21 2012 01:31 GMT
#128
On December 08 2012 13:56 jnkw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2012 10:15 Selitos wrote:
We need a preloader for HotS

I love this for WoL and use it every time I play.


I've been getting quite a few requests to port this to HotS. There are some complications with dependencies since the tools aren't complete in the beta, but I'll see what I can do when I have the time.


Would be awesome, one of the last beta patches reintroduced the stupid patch 1.5 stutter.

Don't really understand what the heck Blizzard keeps doing with this issue and why it's back.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Ibanezgrx
Profile Joined May 2011
United States2 Posts
December 21 2012 01:37 GMT
#129
I don't think you have the phoenix gravity lift in there.
The number J
Fuzer
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Finland266 Posts
January 23 2013 14:19 GMT
#130
could you upload this to beta? please
stjartrov
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden81 Posts
January 23 2013 15:55 GMT
#131
On December 08 2012 10:19 Cyro wrote:
Why dont games do what they used to and actuly LOAD THINGS in the loading screen instead of loading half the game and then trying to access the other unloaded half whenever you actually play?


Reduce loading times heavily and I think another factor is that as computers get more and more advanced streaming data during the session gets more and more viable. Don't take my word for it though!
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
January 23 2013 15:57 GMT
#132
I love this tool, but it's hilarious that someone had to make this because the game doesn't do it itself ;_;

Thanks very much!
The universe created an audience for itself.
shid0x
Profile Joined July 2012
Korea (South)5014 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 16:08:51
January 23 2013 16:08 GMT
#133
I use this in wol since forever (well since i found it).
Didn't have the opportunity to thanks you guys for it.
But now i want an hots version too :p
RIP MKP
jnkw
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada347 Posts
January 28 2013 06:07 GMT
#134
On January 24 2013 01:08 shid0x wrote:
I use this in wol since forever (well since i found it).
Didn't have the opportunity to thanks you guys for it.
But now i want an hots version too :p


I've gotten a lot of requests to port this to HotS, but for a while I had a lot of other things on my plate. Finally, I have an update:

A couple of days ago I managed to solve the dependency issues that were preventing me from updating the map with HotS units. I can't publish it just yet, though, because there's a Battle.net issue preventing me from logging in with the editor to publish the map. I'll publish it as soon as I'm able to login with the editor.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
January 28 2013 06:11 GMT
#135
On January 28 2013 15:07 jnkw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 01:08 shid0x wrote:
I use this in wol since forever (well since i found it).
Didn't have the opportunity to thanks you guys for it.
But now i want an hots version too :p


I've gotten a lot of requests to port this to HotS, but for a while I had a lot of other things on my plate. Finally, I have an update:

A couple of days ago I managed to solve the dependency issues that were preventing me from updating the map with HotS units. I can't publish it just yet, though, because there's a Battle.net issue preventing me from logging in with the editor to publish the map. I'll publish it as soon as I'm able to login with the editor.


My mom just told me about this post because she was so happy I am now as happy as her. Thank you sir.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-10 01:40:14
February 10 2013 01:39 GMT
#136
I am also eagerly awaiting the HOTS beta version of the preloader. It's fucking ridiculous that Blizzard still has not fixed this problem with the game a month away from launch-- in fact I find it almost comical that my entire game freezes up for a second or two whenever I spawn a unit for the first time when I'm playing with low-medium settings on a top-notch PC.
"See you space cowboy"
jnkw
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada347 Posts
February 10 2013 07:53 GMT
#137
Good news -- I have a somewhat functional beta version up on HotS. Right now there are a few known issues:

- Pressing Play directly from the Arcade won't work -- you have to select "Create Game" to create a lobby and then select "Play" from there (Arcade issue)
- Loading screen is missing (editor bug, can't resolve this without making the map from scratch or until Blizzard fixes it)
- Some HotS-specific animations are missing (I will add these in over time)

Apart from these, though, the map should be more or less usable.
enemy2010
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1972 Posts
February 10 2013 07:59 GMT
#138
Thank you

Finally a version for HotS!
1on1 auf azze no he no flash no awp only holztor. | Ja, da meint der ich hätt' abgeschmatzt, aber dat is Quatsch, verstehste?
Erik.TheRed
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1655 Posts
February 10 2013 16:41 GMT
#139
Just loaded up the map, works great!

Thanks so much
"See you space cowboy"
DrahtMaul
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany74 Posts
February 10 2013 17:21 GMT
#140
On February 10 2013 10:39 Erik.TheRed wrote:
I am also eagerly awaiting the HOTS beta version of the preloader. It's fucking ridiculous that Blizzard still has not fixed this problem with the game a month away from launch-- in fact I find it almost comical that my entire game freezes up for a second or two whenever I spawn a unit for the first time when I'm playing with low-medium settings on a top-notch PC.

Is it possible that you are actually confusing something and you are trying to play with top-notch settings on a low-medium PC?
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 711
ComeBackTV 599
SteadfastSC399
TaKeTV 287
Rex115
IndyStarCraft 82
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 399
ProTech122
Rex 113
IndyStarCraft 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44454
Bisu 2539
Horang2 1350
Shuttle 896
EffOrt 765
Hyuk 621
BeSt 584
Soma 541
Light 418
Mini 403
[ Show more ]
Larva 339
Rush 225
ZerO 222
Mong 86
Leta 84
Snow 69
Sea.KH 55
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 49
Mind 44
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Aegong 27
Yoon 24
Bale 21
Terrorterran 19
sorry 19
Noble 12
Trap 9
Rock 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6822
Counter-Strike
Fnx 793
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1523
Khaldor1027
Lowko460
Other Games
singsing2028
hiko1571
olofmeister1518
Beastyqt466
B2W.Neo417
Livibee194
XaKoH 186
Hui .155
Liquid`VortiX133
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King75
djWHEAT68
QueenE32
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV162
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 30
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2712
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 11m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 11m
Online Event
21h 11m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.