• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:34
CEST 14:34
KST 21:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6437 users

Starcraft II Relocalizer for Patch 1.5.0! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 29 30 31 Next All
Grim Hatter
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland52 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 16:50:00
August 03 2012 16:48 GMT
#21
On August 04 2012 01:09 lhr0909 wrote:
I am going to check tonight to see if it is polish or Portuguese. if plPL is polish, what is plBR?

I have no idea. But usualy plPL mean polish and there is polish version for sure. Sadly i cant check myself because my pc is fried.
apocalypse_ua
Profile Joined August 2012
Ukraine5 Posts
August 03 2012 20:21 GMT
#22
Thanks for ur app!!! Plz, make possibility to change localeidassets and localeiddata separately, so it will be possible to combine Unit Sounds and Ui from various languages (for example enGB ui and krKR unit sounds)
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
August 03 2012 20:26 GMT
#23
Brazilian Portuguese is ptBR (and not plBR), I didn't test it because I am afraid this error might crash the game, but I'd like to use it.
Natespank
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada449 Posts
August 03 2012 20:57 GMT
#24
Alright... trying it out now. I want to try the german/russian/korean languages/servers...

It's downloading the languages now. Wish me luck
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 03 2012 23:17 GMT
#25
On August 04 2012 05:26 SDream wrote:
Brazilian Portuguese is ptBR (and not plBR), I didn't test it because I am afraid this error might crash the game, but I'd like to use it.


Thanks for the note! I am going to try it and I just realized the fact that you don't need those files to change locale. There might be an easier way!
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 03 2012 23:17 GMT
#26
On August 04 2012 05:21 apocalypse_ua wrote:
Thanks for ur app!!! Plz, make possibility to change localeidassets and localeiddata separately, so it will be possible to combine Unit Sounds and Ui from various languages (for example enGB ui and krKR unit sounds)


Thanks for the advice! I am going to implement that tonight, it is going to be a lot of fun!
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 03 2012 23:33 GMT
#27
Hi all,

I am streaming making the relocalizer better! tune in and join me in chat!

Today I am going to accomplish couple of things:

1. Get rid of the need of using Locale files
2. Add asset change so you don't have to stick with the language you pick (i.e play KR in English)
3. Make the program better internally, then if I have extra time, make it pretty!

Thanks!

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/lhr0909
No Pain No Gain
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
August 03 2012 23:40 GMT
#28
Just automatize this process

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=357930
zSnowy
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom51 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 00:33:51
August 04 2012 00:12 GMT
#29
A friend has an error with this on launch, "SC2Patch150Relocalizer has stopped working."

Windows 7.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: simonsrelocalizer.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 501b6f79
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ee9af8e
Problem Signature 07: 3fda
Problem Signature 08: ce
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

EDIT: Yes, he has downloaded and installed the .net framework you suggested here. Restarted PC too.

EDIT 2: Solved, this is caused if you're patching SC2 (I'm not sure whether it matters to 1.5, or just any patch.) and try to launch this. (Also, wasn't trying to relocalize, it just wouldn't launch at all.)
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 04 2012 05:01 GMT
#30
Hi all, v0.0.2 of this relocalizer is up!

new features:
1. Now it only contains an exe file! The locale files are packed within the exe using Microsoft C#'s embedded resource technology. And you can still place this program anywhere, it will ask for where the relavant folders are if you put your SC2 somewhere else.
2. It offers an option to use a different voice asset than the display language. For example, you can play on KR/TW with the English voice so you don't get nuked if you don't know Korean/Chinese! (Text is still using whatever you relocalize to, just like R1CH's program)
3. The program backs up the files it changed, up to 5 versions. So you can get them if you messed up. As far as I concern, R1CH's program does not offer back ups.

bug fixes:
plPL is EU Polish, so I fixed that

feel free to give me feedback!

https://github.com/downloads/lhr0909/SC2Patch150Relocalizer/SimonsRelocalizer.v0.0.2.zip

[image loading]
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 05:25:54
August 04 2012 05:25 GMT
#31
On August 04 2012 09:12 zSnowy wrote:
A friend has an error with this on launch, "SC2Patch150Relocalizer has stopped working."

Windows 7.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: simonsrelocalizer.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 501b6f79
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ee9af8e
Problem Signature 07: 3fda
Problem Signature 08: ce
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

EDIT: Yes, he has downloaded and installed the .net framework you suggested here. Restarted PC too.

EDIT 2: Solved, this is caused if you're patching SC2 (I'm not sure whether it matters to 1.5, or just any patch.) and try to launch this. (Also, wasn't trying to relocalize, it just wouldn't launch at all.)


Scared me for a bit lol Thanks for the update!!!! Try the new version!
https://github.com/downloads/lhr0909/SC2Patch150Relocalizer/SimonsRelocalizer.v0.0.2.zip
No Pain No Gain
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6332 Posts
August 04 2012 05:29 GMT
#32
being able to use a different voice asset is HUGE! love the update.
Oh, R1CH's does not support simplified chinese so I abandoned his ship.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 05:56:25
August 04 2012 05:54 GMT
#33
On August 04 2012 14:29 digmouse wrote:
being able to use a different voice asset is HUGE! love the update.
Oh, R1CH's does not support simplified chinese so I abandoned his ship.


Yeah I just realized that. My version might not work either. If you get it working let me know. I got an error saying that cannot connect to server.

Do you have a native zhCN (simplified Chinese) client? If you do, can you send me a private message (PM)?

Thanks!

我也是中国人
No Pain No Gain
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
August 04 2012 06:07 GMT
#34
On August 03 2012 21:03 SeLpHy wrote:
Hmm, damnit.
I downloaded 40 GB for EU, NA , KR/TW, and SEA. >_<
Now I have 4 Folders with each 10 gb client

/Program Files/Starcraft II EU
/Program Files/Starcraft II KRTW
/Program Files/Starcraft II NA
/Program Files/Starcraft II SEA

Didn't see this thread. But is it possible to change the ingame language with this Relocalizer?
I'd like to play with the Korean Language when I play on the KR/TW Server.
And I'd like to play with English when I'm on the NA server.

Greetings,

SeLpHy

SEA contains NA(client not skills***)
isn't it?
Incredible Miracle
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 04 2012 06:33 GMT
#35
On August 04 2012 15:07 winthrop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 21:03 SeLpHy wrote:
Hmm, damnit.
I downloaded 40 GB for EU, NA , KR/TW, and SEA. >_<
Now I have 4 Folders with each 10 gb client

/Program Files/Starcraft II EU
/Program Files/Starcraft II KRTW
/Program Files/Starcraft II NA
/Program Files/Starcraft II SEA

Didn't see this thread. But is it possible to change the ingame language with this Relocalizer?
I'd like to play with the Korean Language when I play on the KR/TW Server.
And I'd like to play with English when I'm on the NA server.

Greetings,

SeLpHy

SEA contains NA(client not skills***)
isn't it?


Actually no, even though the English language packs might be the exact same files, Blizzard still wants to make them separate.
No Pain No Gain
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
August 04 2012 06:46 GMT
#36
On August 04 2012 15:33 lhr0909 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 15:07 winthrop wrote:
On August 03 2012 21:03 SeLpHy wrote:
Hmm, damnit.
I downloaded 40 GB for EU, NA , KR/TW, and SEA. >_<
Now I have 4 Folders with each 10 gb client

/Program Files/Starcraft II EU
/Program Files/Starcraft II KRTW
/Program Files/Starcraft II NA
/Program Files/Starcraft II SEA

Didn't see this thread. But is it possible to change the ingame language with this Relocalizer?
I'd like to play with the Korean Language when I play on the KR/TW Server.
And I'd like to play with English when I'm on the NA server.

Greetings,

SeLpHy

SEA contains NA(client not skills***)
isn't it?


Actually no, even though the English language packs might be the exact same files, Blizzard still wants to make them separate.

i dont get it.
in SEA there is a 'region' button to change the gateway, then you should have saved 10gb's space
Incredible Miracle
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 07:23:45
August 04 2012 07:00 GMT
#37
China SC2 is very weird, they usually use completely different gateways for China clients. I don't have a zhCN client on me, but I'm trying to figure it out.

Edit: I've looked at the zhCN client with Tazerenix, and it looks like they are still on patch 1.4, thus the server does not contain the 1.5 patch files yet.
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 04 2012 07:40 GMT
#38
On August 04 2012 16:00 raVensc2 wrote:
China SC2 is very weird, they usually use completely different gateways for China clients. I don't have a zhCN client on me, but I'm trying to figure it out.

Edit: I've looked at the zhCN client with Tazerenix, and it looks like they are still on patch 1.4, thus the server does not contain the 1.5 patch files yet.


Hmm interesting. Thanks for the update man! I did not get much sleep either so I am super tired. Tomorrow I am looking into making it more robust and nice before next week when China is getting their client updated.

For anyone curious:
http://www.battlenet.com.cn/sc2/zh/forum/topic/6003680606#1
No Pain No Gain
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
August 04 2012 07:45 GMT
#39
Even though the poll results say no, I still want one for the mac
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 07:48:36
August 04 2012 07:48 GMT
#40
On August 04 2012 16:45 CakeSauc3 wrote:
Even though the poll results say no, I still want one for the mac


I will make one even if there is only ONE guy who wants one :D

It might not be as pretty as this one but I will do my best.
No Pain No Gain
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs ByuNLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings243
SHIN 153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 422
ByuN 354
SHIN 153
Railgan 48
MindelVK 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 71934
Calm 11052
Rain 2456
Bisu 1523
FanTaSy 806
Shuttle 575
soO 558
Stork 543
Rush 274
Soma 241
[ Show more ]
firebathero 209
Snow 207
Last 177
Light 102
Mind 94
Pusan 75
ToSsGirL 51
Sharp 49
Killer 46
hero 42
Bale 40
Free 39
sorry 36
Trap 36
Mong 30
Hm[arnc] 27
Aegong 26
zelot 22
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 13
Shine 12
Noble 12
Sexy 11
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9010
Dendi627
Counter-Strike
fl0m1636
byalli864
x6flipin381
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns33954
singsing2280
B2W.Neo599
Pyrionflax249
Trikslyr31
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 92
• Gemini_19 13
• Dystopia_ 4
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV525
League of Legends
• Jankos3045
• Nemesis1719
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1270
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 26m
OSC
10h 26m
Replay Cast
10h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.