• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12915 users

Starcraft II Relocalizer for Patch 1.5.0! - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30 31 Next All
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 12:00:30
August 05 2012 10:04 GMT
#61
On August 05 2012 19:00 DarKcS wrote:
I have an SEA and TW folder, can I play on SEA with TW sounds and vise versa? What files can I copy over so I don't need to redownload?

Maybe it's same as before 1.5.0, but I think, client structure was reworked a bit
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
August 05 2012 11:58 GMT
#62
On August 05 2012 19:00 DarKcS wrote:
I have an SEA and TW folder, can I play on SEA with TW sounds and vise versa? What files can I copy over so I don't need to redownload?


Yes you can. You would need to go inside every folder in the TW client, and look for files named zhTW.SC2Assets, and copy them into the same folders in the SEA client. Then you need to go into My Documents/Starcraft II and open the Variables.txt file, and edit the like localeidassets=enSG to localeidassets=zhTW. Do not edit localizeiddata=enSG.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 13:23:09
August 05 2012 12:20 GMT
#63
Here are nicer preview of relocalizer Place it at center with [center] tags

[image loading]


And you should reupdate icon. It looks like it resized wrong (very sharp and does not increases when big icons in windows). Can you place it as 512x512, 256x256, 128x128, 32x32 and 64x64 icon in exe file?

Here are all sizes of same icon. 512x512 icon you can add to first post as logo

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
apocalypse_ua
Profile Joined August 2012
Ukraine5 Posts
August 05 2012 12:47 GMT
#64
For solving icon resize issue, u should put various size (from 16x16 to 96x96) in one .ico file, and use this .ico file for app. Best software for creating icons is Axialis IconWorkshop. Or I can make icon file

Also, maybe it will be good to add checkbox to recolizer, that if checked, will lock Region and Voice to same (enGB-enGB for example), and if not checked give ability to choose Region and Voice separately
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 13:10:51
August 05 2012 12:52 GMT
#65

Also, maybe it will be good to add checkbox to recolizer, that if checked, will lock Region and Voice to same (enGB-enGB for example), and if not checked give ability to choose Region and Voice separately

I think it's not need. Everyone already can setup similar text-region and voice assets

For solving icon resize issue, u should put various size (from 16x16 to 96x96) in one .ico file, and use this .ico file for app. Best software for creating icons is Axialis IconWorkshop. Or I can make icon file

Ok, I did 512 and lower versions, check above
apocalypse_ua
Profile Joined August 2012
Ukraine5 Posts
August 05 2012 16:19 GMT
#66
ok, ico is ready!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16584392/sc2/SC2-SimonsRelocalizer.ico

and if lhr0909 will decide to make mac version, here is icon in mac os format:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16584392/sc2/SC2-SimonsRelocalizer.icns
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 18:26:27
August 05 2012 18:17 GMT
#67
On August 05 2012 19:00 DarKcS wrote:
I have an SEA and TW folder, can I play on SEA with TW sounds and vise versa? What files can I copy over so I don't need to redownload?


Hi DarKcS:

On August 05 2012 20:58 raVensc2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2012 19:00 DarKcS wrote:
I have an SEA and TW folder, can I play on SEA with TW sounds and vise versa? What files can I copy over so I don't need to redownload?


Yes you can. You would need to go inside every folder in the TW client, and look for files named zhTW.SC2Assets, and copy them into the same folders in the SEA client. Then you need to go into My Documents/Starcraft II and open the Variables.txt file, and edit the like localeidassets=enSG to localeidassets=zhTW. Do not edit localizeiddata=enSG.



+ Show Spoiler +

I just found this issue on Blizzard forum. People had reported that installing 2 versions of SC2 might have potential issues:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6246874953

Because both versions of SC2 share the same Variables.txt file in the documents folder. That means both sc2 will go into that file and read what assets and region it is going into, and if there is a conflict with either one of the SC2 is pointing to, there will be an error.

So try to keep one copy of sc2 and use the relocalizer
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 05 2012 18:23 GMT
#68
On August 06 2012 01:19 apocalypse_ua wrote:
ok, ico is ready!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16584392/sc2/SC2-SimonsRelocalizer.ico

and if lhr0909 will decide to make mac version, here is icon in mac os format:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16584392/sc2/SC2-SimonsRelocalizer.icns


Wow, apocalypse_ua, you are so awesome! are you also a developer?
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 18:28:24
August 05 2012 18:28 GMT
#69
On August 05 2012 21:20 Existor wrote:
Here are nicer preview of relocalizer Place it at center with [center] tags
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


And you should reupdate icon. It looks like it resized wrong (very sharp and does not increases when big icons in windows). Can you place it as 512x512, 256x256, 128x128, 32x32 and 64x64 icon in exe file?

Here are all sizes of same icon. 512x512 icon you can add to first post as logo

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


I got the first post fixed. Thanks!
No Pain No Gain
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-05 20:45:15
August 05 2012 19:41 GMT
#70
It can be a bit strange, but I've decided to create wallpaper... It's called "Global Play", and with your relocalizer we can semi-global play, not like it will be with upcoming function, that will allow to everyone play thoughout the world, but having all localizations and access to all servers (as Starter Edition now) is a main purpose of Global Play function.

[image loading]

DeviantArt page with 3 resolution proportions
http://dexistor371.deviantart.com/art/Global-Play-319192071
apocalypse_ua
Profile Joined August 2012
Ukraine5 Posts
August 05 2012 23:00 GMT
#71
On August 06 2012 03:23 lhr0909 wrote:
Wow, apocalypse_ua, you are so awesome! are you also a developer?

no, i'm photographer and a bit designer :o) But once I made icons for software, so I have some experience)

Looks like soon we will make web site, with forum and t-shirts of relocalizer )))
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 02:13:25
August 06 2012 02:08 GMT
#72
i get this issue when i try and use it, any ideas of what im doing wrong

[image loading]

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with my net connection
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
lawsonnz
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Scotland129 Posts
August 06 2012 02:28 GMT
#73
On August 06 2012 11:08 L3g3nd_ wrote:
i get this issue when i try and use it, any ideas of what im doing wrong

[image loading]

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with my net connection



I think it has to be patched fully first, is yours?
xpaperclip
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia995 Posts
August 06 2012 02:44 GMT
#74
Regarding the issue with using edited Product.SC2Archive files:

While the pack that Tazerenix uploaded should contain at least genuine files for enSG and zhTW because those were what I had when I tested this with him, I've since found it is not necessary to download every client to obtain them.

The 1.5 migration installer tome it turns out is universal and contains genuine Blizzard-made Product.SC2Archive files for every locale. The files can be found in StarCraft II\Temp\1.5Migration\Installer Tome 1.MPQ if you haven't deleted it, or for the lazy I've also uploaded them here.
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 04:05:35
August 06 2012 03:59 GMT
#75
On August 06 2012 11:08 L3g3nd_ wrote:
i get this issue when i try and use it, any ideas of what im doing wrong

[image loading]

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with my net connection


Which locale are you trying to switch to?

This happened to me when I tried the Chinese server, because they are not fully patched yet.

Try roll back to the previous version of files. My program backs up the files for you every time you make a relocale. They are at your SC2 folder:

StarCraft II\.agent.db
StarCraft II\Launcher.db
StarCraft II\Mods\SC2Mod\Product.SC2Archive
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 06 2012 04:00 GMT
#76
On August 06 2012 11:44 xpaperclip wrote:
Regarding the issue with using edited Product.SC2Archive files:

While the pack that Tazerenix uploaded should contain at least genuine files for enSG and zhTW because those were what I had when I tested this with him, I've since found it is not necessary to download every client to obtain them.

The 1.5 migration installer tome it turns out is universal and contains genuine Blizzard-made Product.SC2Archive files for every locale. The files can be found in StarCraft II\Temp\1.5Migration\Installer Tome 1.MPQ if you haven't deleted it, or for the lazy I've also uploaded them here.


oh man, you are awesome! I am going to add them when I update this when CN is coming out. Thanks!
No Pain No Gain
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
August 06 2012 05:17 GMT
#77
On August 06 2012 12:59 lhr0909 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2012 11:08 L3g3nd_ wrote:
i get this issue when i try and use it, any ideas of what im doing wrong

[image loading]

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with my net connection


Which locale are you trying to switch to?

This happened to me when I tried the Chinese server, because they are not fully patched yet.

Try roll back to the previous version of files. My program backs up the files for you every time you make a relocale. They are at your SC2 folder:

StarCraft II\.agent.db
StarCraft II\Launcher.db
StarCraft II\Mods\SC2Mod\Product.SC2Archive

im trying to switch to TW, i assume its already patched though...
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-06 05:51:51
August 06 2012 05:50 GMT
#78
On August 06 2012 14:17 L3g3nd_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2012 12:59 lhr0909 wrote:
On August 06 2012 11:08 L3g3nd_ wrote:
i get this issue when i try and use it, any ideas of what im doing wrong

[image loading]

EDIT: There is nothing wrong with my net connection


Which locale are you trying to switch to?

This happened to me when I tried the Chinese server, because they are not fully patched yet.

Try roll back to the previous version of files. My program backs up the files for you every time you make a relocale. They are at your SC2 folder:

StarCraft II\.agent.db
StarCraft II\Launcher.db
StarCraft II\Mods\SC2Mod\Product.SC2Archive

im trying to switch to TW, i assume its already patched though...


I just tried it on mine, and it went through just fine. And I noticed that if your update agent is not in Chinese when you try to switch to TW. The updater should be in Chinese.

You think you can PM me these files and let me take a look? I can help you with it if you want me to

Program Files\StarCraft II\.agent.db
Program Files\StarCraft II\Launcher.db
Program Files\StarCraft II\Mods\SC2Mod\Product.SC2Archive
Documents\StarCraft II\Variables.txt

put them into a zip or rar and upload to a site so I can help you through. That way I know what my program went wrong as well.

Thanks!
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 06 2012 06:12 GMT
#79
On August 06 2012 04:41 Existor wrote:
It can be a bit strange, but I've decided to create wallpaper... It's called "Global Play", and with your relocalizer we can semi-global play, not like it will be with upcoming function, that will allow to everyone play thoughout the world, but having all localizations and access to all servers (as Starter Edition now) is a main purpose of Global Play function.

[image loading]

DeviantArt page with 3 resolution proportions
http://dexistor371.deviantart.com/art/Global-Play-319192071


Nice art work! I am thinking about putting it up a splash screen or the background of the program. What do you think? Or it is too much for a small program like that?
No Pain No Gain
lhr0909
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States562 Posts
August 06 2012 06:21 GMT
#80
v0.3.0 is up! Link: https://github.com/downloads/lhr0909/SC2Patch150Relocalizer/SimonsRelocalizer.v0.3.0.zip

[image loading]

New features:
1. Now all the Product.SC2Archive files are genuine! Great news! Now this version should be very safe because these files are pulled from the patch 1.5.0 updater (Thanks to xpaperclip! You are awesome)
2. Added the new icon packed by apocalypse_ua so that the icon will not get blurred when it is stretched.
3. Added credits for xpaperclip and apocalypse_ua in the about message! Thank you guys so much for all the support!
No Pain No Gain
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1155
TKL 424
IndyStarCraft 316
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1155
ByuN 451
TKL 424
IndyStarCraft 316
Reynor 185
BRAT_OK 68
EmSc Tv 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31323
Calm 2643
Shuttle 380
Mini 156
White-Ra 130
firebathero 105
Mong 61
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9232
Counter-Strike
fl0m2606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3589
Liquid`Hasu523
MindelVK5
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2386
FrodaN1590
B2W.Neo744
olofmeister684
Khaldor510
Beastyqt244
Livibee175
crisheroes170
Mew2King71
ToD53
kaitlyn37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick435
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 9
EmSc2Tv 9
angryscii 1
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• blackmanpl 19
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV619
Other Games
• imaqtpie1060
• Shiphtur684
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
OSC
4h 19m
Replay Cast
4h 19m
OSC
17h 19m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.