• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:48
CEST 13:48
KST 20:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8243 users

Official Real Talk Thread of Realness - Page 67

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 90 Next
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 18 2012 23:20 GMT
#1321
On August 19 2012 08:18 Gumbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

Perhaps he prefers to watch 1v1 than play it? Perphaps he prefers to play customs? On what basis do you claim (or at least, strongly imply) that he is not genuine, and instead prefers to in the spotlight?


My basis is his admitted league (what other measure of skill should I use?) compared to other people in his profession.
TeslasPigeon
Profile Joined March 2012
464 Posts
August 18 2012 23:21 GMT
#1322
On August 19 2012 08:16 Equity213 wrote:

Name me one other caster thats worse than Husky. Seriously... He is the lowest common denominator.


Kevin Knocke is platinum, also you don't need to be awesome at the game to be a decent caster and not every caster should strive to be an analyst (seeing how they all still make horrible calls and predictions).
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
August 18 2012 23:21 GMT
#1323
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements


He has ladder anxiety.
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 18 2012 23:22 GMT
#1324
On August 19 2012 08:21 TeslasPigeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:16 Equity213 wrote:

Name me one other caster thats worse than Husky. Seriously... He is the lowest common denominator.


Kevin Knocke is platinum, also you don't need to be awesome at the game to be a decent caster and not every caster should strive to be an analyst (seeing how they all still make horrible calls and predictions).


ahh right, and total biscuit is like gold. Touche. I take that back.
TeslasPigeon
Profile Joined March 2012
464 Posts
August 18 2012 23:24 GMT
#1325
On August 19 2012 08:22 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:21 TeslasPigeon wrote:
On August 19 2012 08:16 Equity213 wrote:

Name me one other caster thats worse than Husky. Seriously... He is the lowest common denominator.


Kevin Knocke is platinum, also you don't need to be awesome at the game to be a decent caster and not every caster should strive to be an analyst (seeing how they all still make horrible calls and predictions).


ahh right, and total biscuit is like gold. Touche. I take that back.


Yup and DJWheat is platinum as well. All four of the people we mentioned, or are talking about, are all decent casters.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
August 18 2012 23:24 GMT
#1326
On August 19 2012 08:20 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:18 Gumbi wrote:
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

Perhaps he prefers to watch 1v1 than play it? Perphaps he prefers to play customs? On what basis do you claim (or at least, strongly imply) that he is not genuine, and instead prefers to in the spotlight?


My basis is his admitted league (what other measure of skill should I use?) compared to other people in his profession.

league ranking has NOTHING to do with passion for the game. they are completely unrelated.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 18 2012 23:26 GMT
#1327
I suppose it all comes down to what you value in a caster. I think strategy should take precidence over explosions, hollering and yelling therefore I hate Husky. Thats an opinion. Bye.
Roachu
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden692 Posts
August 18 2012 23:26 GMT
#1328
On August 19 2012 08:20 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:18 Gumbi wrote:
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

Perhaps he prefers to watch 1v1 than play it? Perphaps he prefers to play customs? On what basis do you claim (or at least, strongly imply) that he is not genuine, and instead prefers to in the spotlight?


My basis is his admitted league (what other measure of skill should I use?) compared to other people in his profession.

Oh please. First off all league-placement is only an indirect measure of skill (you can 6-pool your way to high master) but if you haven't noticed this guy devotes most of his time to this game and everything around it, which is a ton more than just playing the game. He's sustaining a youtube-channel with hundreds of thousands subscribers and is a frequent caster on many event. Yeah being "only diamond" makes him not devoted. Right gotcha.
Don't be asshats
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
August 18 2012 23:27 GMT
#1329
Way to be a complete douche. Says some random shit, gets proven wrong, and leaves.

User was warned for this post
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
August 18 2012 23:27 GMT
#1330
On August 19 2012 08:26 Equity213 wrote:
I suppose it all comes down to what you value in a caster. I think strategy should take precidence over explosions, hollering and yelling therefore I hate Husky. Thats an opinion. Bye.


Yeah so you're watching every event muted then ? Because the point of casters is to hype the fucking game not walk us through it who cares. Uh
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
August 18 2012 23:29 GMT
#1331
On August 19 2012 08:26 Equity213 wrote:
I suppose it all comes down to what you value in a caster. I think strategy should take precidence over explosions, hollering and yelling therefore I hate Husky. Thats an opinion. Bye.


I suppose it comes down to you being kind of stupid right now. The man has invested his life into Starcraft, and he did that since long before he started getting paid for it. Enjoying the spotlight is nothing to be ashamed of, but I think shitting on a caster who has indeed spent a monstrous amount of time with the game and the community basing accusations on league ranking and false statements is.
AdministratorBreak the chains
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 18 2012 23:31 GMT
#1332
On August 19 2012 08:26 Equity213 wrote:
I suppose it all comes down to what you value in a caster. I think strategy should take precidence over explosions, hollering and yelling therefore I hate Husky. Thats an opinion. Bye.

Ah. Here you've changed what you've said as its been exposed as being inconsistent. You said he wasn't genuine and now you've backed away from that. Running away from the debate at this point betrays your inconsistent and baseless viewpoint.

As for what you've said here, I value Husky's genuiness. I like his shout-casting (though not too much of it). He's pretty funny, too.
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
August 18 2012 23:31 GMT
#1333
On August 19 2012 08:26 Equity213 wrote:
I suppose it all comes down to what you value in a caster. I think strategy should take precidence over explosions, hollering and yelling therefore I hate Husky. Thats an opinion. Bye.

Yeah well, Artosis thinks he's one of the best casters in the world. But like you said, it's your opinion. *shrug*
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 18 2012 23:33 GMT
#1334
On August 19 2012 08:27 TheSwamp wrote:
Way to be a complete douche. Says some random shit, gets proven wrong, and leaves.

Precisely. Hit the nail on dah head dare, kid! (anyone get that reference :D)
ramask2
Profile Joined June 2011
Thailand1024 Posts
August 18 2012 23:41 GMT
#1335
Husky's greatest strength is adapting to fit with other casters. You can pretty much fit him with any analytical casters and the viewer experience will increase almost always. His own analytical ability is keeping up adequately as well.
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
August 18 2012 23:51 GMT
#1336
On August 19 2012 08:26 Equity213 wrote:
I suppose it all comes down to what you value in a caster. I think strategy should take precidence over explosions, hollering and yelling therefore I hate Husky. Thats an opinion. Bye.


Your type of opinion doesn't bother me, but the way you attempt to get that opinion across does.

Analytic skill does not only come from the ability to do the work at the same, or near the same level as those you're analyzing. There are coaches of professional sports who never played those sports that the pro level. I'd say the position of coach is the single most analytic job attached to any sport. Your logic states, simply, that they should not have that position because they do not currently bend and shift to the current meta of their sport in practice.

There are plenty of reasons that those who can't do, will coach, or analyze, or teach. In starcraft, it could be time (where making a living making videos trumps spending the time to actively become good at the game) physical limitations (some people aren't and wont be fast enough to get to master league) or any other number of things (poor internet connection, a "real" job where you're working times that you're awake when nobody else is, etc.) However, none of those things mean that the person cannot watch videos, or replays and notice trends and patterns in the game. If you watch enough starcraft, you start to learn starcraft, and you learn to analyze it because physically nothing else you can do at that point. You can't, while watching to learn, immediately put those skills to use, and if you don't have the dexterity then you'll never be able to.

A man with no arms can still analyze enough baseball to provide insight into how it's played, that man will never play it in a pro, semi-pro, or even amateur stadium.

Finally; I'm getting a little tired of "I hit masters and I don't even try, huehuehuehuehuehue it's not hard at all" kind of comments. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Just because it wasn't difficult for you doesn't mean it's not difficult. This goes for each and every one of you who takes skill in something that many of us are struggling with for granted. I'm glad it's easy for you, quit saying it like it's a universal truth.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 18 2012 23:58 GMT
#1337
Moreover, difficult is a relative term.

Being my first proper RTS, it took me maybe 6 months to get to Master's. It takes quite some time to build up one's mechanics. People don't appreciate the level of play required to be in Master's. You need to play quite a bit of SC at the extension of other games (generally speaking). You are in the top 15 - 20 % of players you know....
Roachu
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden692 Posts
August 19 2012 06:29 GMT
#1338
"I hate Husky", I wonder what you do with your time if you actually find it in your heart to hate a person you don't know.
Don't be asshats
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
August 19 2012 07:11 GMT
#1339
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
Technique
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands1542 Posts
August 19 2012 07:38 GMT
#1340
On August 19 2012 08:24 TeslasPigeon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:22 Equity213 wrote:
On August 19 2012 08:21 TeslasPigeon wrote:
On August 19 2012 08:16 Equity213 wrote:

Name me one other caster thats worse than Husky. Seriously... He is the lowest common denominator.


Kevin Knocke is platinum, also you don't need to be awesome at the game to be a decent caster and not every caster should strive to be an analyst (seeing how they all still make horrible calls and predictions).


ahh right, and total biscuit is like gold. Touche. I take that back.


Yup and DJWheat is platinum as well. All four of the people we mentioned, or are talking about, are all decent casters.

And they always need to be with someone who actually understands the game.

While someone like Artosis could solo cast.
If you think you're good, you suck. If you think you suck, you're getting better.
Prev 1 65 66 67 68 69 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29554
Shuttle 2953
Bisu 1003
Horang2 856
Jaedong 722
BeSt 382
Light 329
Hyuk 307
firebathero 301
actioN 282
[ Show more ]
Mini 236
Stork 206
Soma 201
Zeus 191
Soulkey 176
EffOrt 157
Last 132
Leta 122
ggaemo 97
ZerO 91
Snow 90
Pusan 82
Rush 65
Killer 52
Mong 51
Sea.KH 45
hero 39
Aegong 38
Mind 33
Sexy 28
Shine 27
NaDa 26
Sharp 26
Bale 25
Shinee 22
soO 22
ToSsGirL 22
Terrorterran 17
Free 15
sorry 15
PianO 15
zelot 15
JulyZerg 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
HiyA 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1831
qojqva1202
Dendi845
Fuzer 128
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
x6flipin290
markeloff1
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1878
crisheroes720
Other Games
gofns40551
singsing2029
B2W.Neo452
XBOCT333
DeMusliM178
Livibee173
Liquid`LucifroN130
Mew2King99
XaKoH 92
QueenE82
ArmadaUGS78
Chillindude10
Railgan9
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream301
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2197
• TFBlade417
Other Games
• WagamamaTV142
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 12m
Stellar Fest
1h 12m
OSC
12h 12m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.