• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:05
CEST 11:05
KST 18:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)32Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8857 users

Official Real Talk Thread of Realness - Page 69

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 90 Next
Faust852
Profile Joined February 2012
Luxembourg4004 Posts
August 20 2012 21:53 GMT
#1361
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
August 20 2012 22:00 GMT
#1362
On August 21 2012 06:53 Faust852 wrote:
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.


You can know a lot more about the game than you are able to apply when actually playing. I know I do. I can go on about fairly high level meta game stuff but when I'm on ladder in my gold league I'm just like DUUURRR MAKE UNITS ATTACK O DAMN HE HAS MORE SHIT
ShatterZer0
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1843 Posts
August 20 2012 22:03 GMT
#1363
No Husky no TLAF-Liquid?!?!?!

My god... without Husky ESPORTS may have never gotten the kickstart that rocketed it up so high!
A time to live.
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
August 20 2012 22:06 GMT
#1364
On August 21 2012 07:00 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 06:53 Faust852 wrote:
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.


You can know a lot more about the game than you are able to apply when actually playing. I know I do. I can go on about fairly high level meta game stuff but when I'm on ladder in my gold league I'm just like DUUURRR MAKE UNITS ATTACK O DAMN HE HAS MORE SHIT


I thought that in gold league aswell. I thought too highly of myself, and I think many gold leaguers think this.
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 20 2012 22:31 GMT
#1365
On August 21 2012 07:06 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 07:00 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On August 21 2012 06:53 Faust852 wrote:
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.


You can know a lot more about the game than you are able to apply when actually playing. I know I do. I can go on about fairly high level meta game stuff but when I'm on ladder in my gold league I'm just like DUUURRR MAKE UNITS ATTACK O DAMN HE HAS MORE SHIT


I thought that in gold league aswell. I thought too highly of myself, and I think many gold leaguers think this.

I agree. To be honest, if you're in Gold, it's highly unlikely that you have high level meta insight. I'm a top 15 Master's player and I'd hesitate to say that about myself.

Regarding Wheat being in Master's...lol :D He is a decent caster, but he has no insight whatsoever into the game apart from stating the obvious (albeit in an exciting fashion).
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 20 2012 22:33 GMT
#1366
On August 21 2012 07:00 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 06:53 Faust852 wrote:
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.


You can know a lot more about the game than you are able to apply when actually playing. I know I do. I can go on about fairly high level meta game stuff but when I'm on ladder in my gold league I'm just like DUUURRR MAKE UNITS ATTACK O DAMN HE HAS MORE SHIT

Nah. I think you think too highly of yourself :D Trust me, we always think too highly of ourselves. The better you get at SC the more you realise how bad you were not one month ago
Klaws
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden5 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 16:08:19
August 21 2012 16:04 GMT
#1367
On August 21 2012 07:31 Gumbi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 07:06 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
On August 21 2012 07:00 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On August 21 2012 06:53 Faust852 wrote:
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.


You can know a lot more about the game than you are able to apply when actually playing. I know I do. I can go on about fairly high level meta game stuff but when I'm on ladder in my gold league I'm just like DUUURRR MAKE UNITS ATTACK O DAMN HE HAS MORE SHIT


I thought that in gold league aswell. I thought too highly of myself, and I think many gold leaguers think this.

I agree. To be honest, if you're in Gold, it's highly unlikely that you have high level meta insight. I'm a top 15 Master's player and I'd hesitate to say that about myself.

Regarding Wheat being in Master's...lol :D He is a decent caster, but he has no insight whatsoever into the game apart from stating the obvious (albeit in an exciting fashion).


It's a balance between stating the obvious and analysing. Casting is not only about analysing everything every second. It's presenting a match and raising the stakes and telling a story thats both entertaining and interesting. This is something i think a lot of casters have yet to get. In my opinion theres only a handful of caster combinations that has really gotten the hang of how to cast a match professionally. In this perspective DJWheat is a professional, and has been one for a long time. His ladderranking dosent really matter as much in this sense.

People need to stop look at casters from a high level gamers perspective. It's not all about the ladderer. It's also about your friend who is also watching, who never played Starcraft.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
August 21 2012 16:31 GMT
#1368
cant wait for tobiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
Nimic
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway1360 Posts
August 21 2012 17:06 GMT
#1369
Who?
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 21 2012 17:47 GMT
#1370
On August 22 2012 01:04 Klaws wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 21 2012 07:31 Gumbi wrote:
On August 21 2012 07:06 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
On August 21 2012 07:00 fuzzylogic44 wrote:
On August 21 2012 06:53 Faust852 wrote:
I thought DJWheat was master with at least. When he casts, I find he has a good insight.


You can know a lot more about the game than you are able to apply when actually playing. I know I do. I can go on about fairly high level meta game stuff but when I'm on ladder in my gold league I'm just like DUUURRR MAKE UNITS ATTACK O DAMN HE HAS MORE SHIT


I thought that in gold league aswell. I thought too highly of myself, and I think many gold leaguers think this.

I agree. To be honest, if you're in Gold, it's highly unlikely that you have high level meta insight. I'm a top 15 Master's player and I'd hesitate to say that about myself.

Regarding Wheat being in Master's...lol :D He is a decent caster, but he has no insight whatsoever into the game apart from stating the obvious (albeit in an exciting fashion).


It's a balance between stating the obvious and analysing. Casting is not only about analysing everything every second. It's presenting a match and raising the stakes and telling a story thats both entertaining and interesting. This is something i think a lot of casters have yet to get. In my opinion theres only a handful of caster combinations that has really gotten the hang of how to cast a match professionally. In this perspective DJWheat is a professional, and has been one for a long time. His ladderranking dosent really matter as much in this sense.

People need to stop look at casters from a high level gamers perspective. It's not all about the ladderer. It's also about your friend who is also watching, who never played Starcraft.


I know. I agree.

I do think that some casters should study the game a bit more, so as to avoid saying stupid/incorrect things and/or contradicting their co-caster.
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
August 21 2012 18:54 GMT
#1371
On August 22 2012 02:06 Nimic wrote:
Who?

the single greatest caster in all of esports, who headlines as the premiere dota 2 caster.
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
August 21 2012 19:49 GMT
#1372
Freaking love tobi <3
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 21 2012 19:54 GMT
#1373
On August 22 2012 03:54 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2012 02:06 Nimic wrote:
Who?

the single greatest caster in all of esports, who headlines as the premiere dota 2 caster.

When I watched the DotA2 final on Swedish Television, Tobi's casting was amazing and informative, even for someone like me who only knows the very, very basics of Dota
EZ4ENCE
Broodwurst
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1586 Posts
August 21 2012 20:40 GMT
#1374
I don't follow Dota so I didn't *really* know Tobi before, seems to be a fun and interesting guy though
Fanboys = (ウ╹◡╹)ウ /// I like smiley faces
Cuce
Profile Joined March 2011
Turkey1127 Posts
August 21 2012 20:48 GMT
#1375
oh god this is so bullshit...
64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
August 21 2012 20:50 GMT
#1376
Tobi really is one of the greatest guys in E-sports.
Slomo
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany7198 Posts
August 21 2012 20:52 GMT
#1377
On August 22 2012 05:48 Cuce wrote:
oh god this is so bullshit...

Can you explain?
RIP DOUBLE TI OG | #18 never forget
BeanerBurrito
Profile Joined December 2010
1010 Posts
August 21 2012 20:57 GMT
#1378
I love hearing tobi talk about dota and league of legends, first person i've heard on the esports community that shares my longterm view of aos'

I heard jp mention "first it was league of legends, then hon, now dota 2... so dota 2 is the new guy"

and tobi mentioned that dota 1 was around years before league of legends, which made me so happy because most people tend not to realize that.
What they say: "I'm gonna play support!" What they mean: "I'm gonna feed all game!"
Cuce
Profile Joined March 2011
Turkey1127 Posts
August 21 2012 20:57 GMT
#1379
He is accusing a competator developer of herecy.

based on two things. one you need to unlock characters, and runes, which takes a relativelyt little amount of time, two riot is buying out tournaments and teams to play their own game instead of dota, or dota2 or hon (one is really old, second is not out yet, third never got really big).
while it was valve who put 1 milyon dolars on a invitational tourney of a game thats never even in beta.
Then went to rant on I have to be judged on my skill level not on MY WALLET!!! Lol requiers no skill!!! with little to no bases.
all that happened about 15 minutes after he said "esports ghotta stick together we gotta keep as much games as possibble alive"

sorry man I cant really see why he is one of the greatest, if not harmfull to, in esports
64K RAM SYSTEM 38911 BASIC BYTES FREE
BeanerBurrito
Profile Joined December 2010
1010 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 21:02:23
August 21 2012 21:01 GMT
#1380
On August 22 2012 05:57 Cuce wrote:
He is accusing a competator developer of herecy.

based on two things. one you need to unlock characters, and runes, which takes a relativelyt little amount of time, two riot is buying out tournaments and teams to play their own game instead of dota, or dota2 or hon (one is really old, second is not out yet, third never got really big).
while it was valve who put 1 milyon dolars on a invitational tourney of a game thats never even in beta.
Then went to rant on I have to be judged on my skill level not on MY WALLET!!! Lol requiers no skill!!! with little to no bases.
all that happened about 15 minutes after he said "esports ghotta stick together we gotta keep as much games as possibble alive"

sorry man I cant really see why he is one of the greatest, if not harmfull to, in esports


You missed the part where he said it was fine to like and enjoy league of legends, I think you're forgetting that again dota has had years longer history of competition than league of legends, and it is true that league of legends tournaments have been funded by riot, and it is very hard to argue that that isn't the main reason league was played in many tournaments.

Dota 2 is not out yet, however the competitive scene of dota and therefore dota 2 has been existing, growing, and included in tournaments without a company backing it for many years before league of legends or hon or dota 2 was ever even thought of.
What they say: "I'm gonna play support!" What they mean: "I'm gonna feed all game!"
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech116
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 378
Hyuk 290
Leta 123
Shinee 110
ZerO 90
actioN 77
soO 57
Mong 56
EffOrt 52
Zeus 50
[ Show more ]
Killer 45
Mind 44
ToSsGirL 34
sorry 30
Aegong 25
PianO 23
Bale 23
HiyA 17
ZergMaN 13
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Terrorterran 2
Soma 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe105
League of Legends
JimRising 420
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss480
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King181
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1682
Other Games
gofns9087
summit1g8026
olofmeister1325
singsing1059
ceh9589
Happy339
crisheroes290
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS89
DeMusliM18
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick516
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH210
• LUISG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2272
League of Legends
• Jankos1615
• Rush1383
• Stunt488
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
55m
OSC
3h 55m
Stellar Fest
3h 55m
OSC
14h 55m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.