• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9425 users

Official Real Talk Thread of Realness - Page 66

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 90 Next
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
August 17 2012 05:28 GMT
#1301
well if there's one guy who deserves some esports dollars its this guy!
This is our town, scrub
WindWolf
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Sweden11767 Posts
August 17 2012 05:44 GMT
#1302
First NaNiwa and now Husky! Good job JP!
EZ4ENCE
zeratul_jf
Profile Joined October 2011
United States808 Posts
August 17 2012 06:09 GMT
#1303
JP this is such a great show, thank you so much for doing this!
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
August 18 2012 20:06 GMT
#1304
Real Talk going live with Husky in 50 minutes! Twitch.tv/itmeJP
Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
Schmoooopy
Profile Joined July 2011
United States448 Posts
August 18 2012 22:03 GMT
#1305
Amazing show, loving the interview with Husky right now. He's pretty smart.
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
August 18 2012 22:18 GMT
#1306
Husky is the freaking boss
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
MrKn4rz
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-18 22:24:11
August 18 2012 22:23 GMT
#1307
Listening to this while watching TSL. Im one of those "Husky got me into starcraft"-guys. I stopped listening to his cast over a year ago and about 6 month ago I discovered him again. Now he is one of my favourite casters.
"We don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly around here..."
Schmoooopy
Profile Joined July 2011
United States448 Posts
August 18 2012 22:28 GMT
#1308
On August 19 2012 07:23 MrKn4rz wrote:
Listening to this while watching TSL. Im one of those "Husky got me into starcraft"-guys. I stopped listening to his cast over a year ago and about 6 month ago I discovered him again. Now he is one of my favourite casters.

Same with me. He got me into competitive starcraft at least, I didn't really know much about it until I started watching some of his videos. TLO was always one of my favorites. Glad you're doing this for us, JP.
MrKn4rz
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-18 22:51:30
August 18 2012 22:50 GMT
#1309
That was one of my favourite moments too.
"We don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly around here..."
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 18 2012 22:50 GMT
#1310
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
August 18 2012 22:54 GMT
#1311
Gotta say, I wasn't sure if the live stream of it was a good idea, but this has gone pretty well. Subscriber only chat is definitely the way to go and it doesn't seem like Husky was annoyed or distracted by chat. I'd keep live streaming it i think.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
August 18 2012 22:58 GMT
#1312
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


He got me into watching pro broodwar alongside HD Starcraft ages ago now. People always hate on him but I have no idea why, even now. He's just passionate about what he does.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
August 18 2012 22:59 GMT
#1313
On August 19 2012 07:58 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


He got me into watching pro broodwar alongside HD Starcraft ages ago now. People always hate on him but I have no idea why, even now. He's just passionate about what he does.

As a caster I can understand why some people don't care for colour casters but as a person I don't see what's wrong with husky.
Glorious SEA doto
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 18 2012 23:03 GMT
#1314
On August 19 2012 07:58 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


He got me into watching pro broodwar alongside HD Starcraft ages ago now. People always hate on him but I have no idea why, even now. He's just passionate about what he does.

To be honest I'm not aware of too much hate. I guess he gets some regarding, perhaps, the money he makes from YouTube. I haven't watched his videos for a while, though, so as I prefer more analytical casting (still love him with another good, more knowledgeable caster, at events). I may be out of touch with current events
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
August 18 2012 23:06 GMT
#1315
Real Talk knocks it out of the park again! Great interview, always loved Husky.
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
August 18 2012 23:12 GMT
#1316
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
August 18 2012 23:15 GMT
#1317
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

why do you have to be master level to have a true passion for the game? That is the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard. I fucking love football and basketball, but have never been able to play above the high school level. Does that mean I'm not truly passionate about those?

did you listen to the interview? Dude made 900 videos with an average of 800 views each. He did that for the non existent spotlight right?
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Equity213
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada873 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-18 23:19:11
August 18 2012 23:16 GMT
#1318
On August 19 2012 08:15 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

why do you have to be master level to have a true passion for the game? That is the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard. I fucking love football and basketball, but have never been able to play above the high school level. Does that mean I'm not truly passionate about those?

did you listen to the interview? Dude made 900 videos with an average of 800 views each. He did that for the non existent spotlight right?


Im the same age as Husky, didnt play Broodwar, and only play about an hour or 2 a day and I made Master a LONG time ago. You act like its hard.

Name me one other caster thats worse than Husky. Seriously... He is the lowest common denominator. Why would you legitimize that?
If you needed legal advice, would you want the lawyer with the WORST case record? If you need your tooth pulled do you go find the worst dentist?
Have some standards.
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
August 18 2012 23:18 GMT
#1319
On August 19 2012 08:16 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 08:15 jmbthirteen wrote:
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

why do you have to be master level to have a true passion for the game? That is the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard. I fucking love football and basketball, but have never been able to play above the high school level. Does that mean I'm not truly passionate about those?

did you listen to the interview? Dude made 900 videos with an average of 800 views each. He did that for the non existent spotlight right?


Im the same age as Husky, didnt play Broodwar, and only play about an hour or 2 a day and I made Master a LONG time ago. You act like its hard.

not once did I say its hard. but to say he doesn't have a true passion for the game because he isn't master level is ridiculous. The man's entire life is starcraft and he was doing it long before he got paid for it. You don't do that unless you love it.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
Gumbi
Profile Joined June 2012
Ireland463 Posts
August 18 2012 23:18 GMT
#1320
On August 19 2012 08:12 Equity213 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 19 2012 07:50 Gumbi wrote:
Husky is a great guy. I've always seen him as a genuine guy with a true passion for SC2. Got me into SC


Im not a fan of Husky, I will admit im biased. But answer me this: If he has such a true passion of SC2, why is his best race diamond level protoss?
If you cant put in the time to get into master league then do you really have a passion for the game?
I think Husky has a passion for being in the spotlight, not for the game.

Theres nothing wrong with being a noob, we all were once. But when I was, I wouldnt have been presumptious enough to want to cast MLG. Its really embarassing.

TLDR: im just a 'hater', disregard above statements

Perhaps he prefers to watch 1v1 than play it? Perphaps he prefers to play customs? On what basis do you claim (or at least, strongly imply) that he is not genuine, and instead prefers to in the spotlight?
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 177
Nina 125
SteadfastSC 61
CosmosSc2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 505
910 60
Bale 11
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm47
League of Legends
Doublelift1849
Super Smash Bros
PPMD55
Other Games
summit1g10174
Grubby3183
shahzam598
C9.Mang0261
PiGStarcraft225
Maynarde80
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• musti20045 40
• davetesta6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21644
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
11m
CranKy Ducklings0
Afreeca Starleague
11h 11m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 11m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.