• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:23
CEST 08:23
KST 15:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8844 users

Official Real Talk Thread of Realness - Page 64

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 90 Next
KanoCoke
Profile Joined June 2011
Japan863 Posts
August 03 2012 00:35 GMT
#1261
I think a lot of people think Naniwa's a villain because of his face. Same reason why directors keep casting Christopher Lee and Willem Dafoe in antagonistic roles.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode, and I liked how mature Naniwa has grown over the past few months.
Will always cheer for: MMA Bomber Taeja Curious Life herO Zest
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
August 03 2012 02:38 GMT
#1262
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xlggl/am_i_the_only_one_who_finds_a_real_talk_with/

Make it happen JP!
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Bertolt
Profile Joined March 2011
United States75 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 03:20:05
August 03 2012 03:19 GMT
#1263
On August 03 2012 07:38 Night Eyes wrote:
Really well done JP and tons of respect to Nani for doing this so close to the time of all the drama and addressing all the matters while they are still relevant.
Id love to see more players after the Artosis show, maybe Catz or Qxc, guys with good story's to tell on things that are beyond just the game like Root (for catz) and the GSTL all kill (Qxc).

Omg QXC would be awesome on real talk! Seems like such an interesting guy, Ive loved hearing his thoughts on how to train and his commitment to SC2 in other interview. Would be cool to here more about his childhood and stuff like that.
Just because you are a character, dosnt mean you have character
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
August 03 2012 07:15 GMT
#1264
I like the part where Naniwa says that players complaining or saying that it's hard to train are basically spoiled brats who never worked in a real job. Playing games as a job... yeah complain about that
This is our town, scrub
Psyclon
Profile Joined July 2010
Bulgaria2443 Posts
August 03 2012 17:45 GMT
#1265
Yet another good episode. I'm hardly a fan of Naniwa, but nevertheless it was interesting to hear his point of view about certain matters. He actually looked quite normal

A little piece of criticism for JP - "gotcha" needs to go. It gets exponentially annoying to hear it, i'm quite confident that i'm not alone in this
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds!
TVsBrent
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
August 03 2012 21:23 GMT
#1266
Really enjoyed the Naniwa episode. I've gone through spells with Naniwa where I've been a fan (mostly due to his performance) and then falling off due to his "antics." In this interview, I really did get to see another side of him and I ended up seeing him as a bit of a tragic character. It was interesting to hear him repeatedly acknowledge that he's responsible for a lot of the drama that has surrounded him, but can't seem to reign in his provocative nature completely.

You know, just due to the nature of much of the social media and people's attention spans being pretty short, it's easy to put folks on a pedestal or vilify them. This show fights against that tendency. So keep it up JP, these sorts of "grey" pictures of folks in the community are really needed!
Everyday answers the question, "How can things get worse?"
Pimpmuckl
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany528 Posts
August 04 2012 01:59 GMT
#1267
The Naniwa one is actually a really nice one. Don't like what you do in general JP, but this is AWESOME.
twitter.com/pimpmuckl
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
August 04 2012 02:58 GMT
#1268
On August 03 2012 11:38 Gamegene wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xlggl/am_i_the_only_one_who_finds_a_real_talk_with/

Make it happen JP!


omg yes I'd love to watch a Jinro real talk
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-04 03:03:52
August 04 2012 03:03 GMT
#1269
On August 04 2012 11:58 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 11:38 Gamegene wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/xlggl/am_i_the_only_one_who_finds_a_real_talk_with/

Make it happen JP!


omg yes I'd love to watch a Jinro real talk

Jinro would be great for this not only because of his story, but he also doesn't mince his words. I'm sure you could get a lot of passionate responses out of him.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
August 07 2012 13:01 GMT
#1270
I'm really sad that there's no podcast version of this . The video doesn't actually add much to the show, and I have a couple hours a day that I can fill with podcasts, and basically zero that I can fill with video content.
The frumious Bandersnatch
TVsBrent
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
August 07 2012 13:11 GMT
#1271
On August 07 2012 22:01 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
I'm really sad that there's no podcast version of this . The video doesn't actually add much to the show, and I have a couple hours a day that I can fill with podcasts, and basically zero that I can fill with video content.


Here's what I use to convert the video audio into MP3s.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/free-youtube-to-mp3-converter.htm

It does have some other junk it wants to install, and does annoy you with some "offer" when you shut it down, but it seems easy enough to get around. I've used it to convert all of the RealTalk episodes into MP3 with no problems.
Everyday answers the question, "How can things get worse?"
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
August 07 2012 21:37 GMT
#1272
On August 04 2012 06:23 TVsBrent wrote:
Really enjoyed the Naniwa episode. I've gone through spells with Naniwa where I've been a fan (mostly due to his performance) and then falling off due to his "antics." In this interview, I really did get to see another side of him and I ended up seeing him as a bit of a tragic character. It was interesting to hear him repeatedly acknowledge that he's responsible for a lot of the drama that has surrounded him, but can't seem to reign in his provocative nature completely.

You know, just due to the nature of much of the social media and people's attention spans being pretty short, it's easy to put folks on a pedestal or vilify them. This show fights against that tendency. So keep it up JP, these sorts of "grey" pictures of folks in the community are really needed!

I agree. A lot of people on these forums seem to actually hate Naniwa, with an intensity that is just bizarre for a person you don't even know. I love when people get to say their piece in a relaxed environment that's not sensationalistic. For the same reason, I'd love to see Major on the show. He's another person that large parts of this community seem to have decided is a hopeless, illoyal, immature kid without the potential to grow and mature. It would be great to hear what he has to say for himself, and maybe get to show a side that people don't expect.
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
August 07 2012 22:30 GMT
#1273
On August 08 2012 06:37 Vaftrudner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2012 06:23 TVsBrent wrote:
Really enjoyed the Naniwa episode. I've gone through spells with Naniwa where I've been a fan (mostly due to his performance) and then falling off due to his "antics." In this interview, I really did get to see another side of him and I ended up seeing him as a bit of a tragic character. It was interesting to hear him repeatedly acknowledge that he's responsible for a lot of the drama that has surrounded him, but can't seem to reign in his provocative nature completely.

You know, just due to the nature of much of the social media and people's attention spans being pretty short, it's easy to put folks on a pedestal or vilify them. This show fights against that tendency. So keep it up JP, these sorts of "grey" pictures of folks in the community are really needed!

I agree. A lot of people on these forums seem to actually hate Naniwa, with an intensity that is just bizarre for a person you don't even know. I love when people get to say their piece in a relaxed environment that's not sensationalistic. For the same reason, I'd love to see Major on the show. He's another person that large parts of this community seem to have decided is a hopeless, illoyal, immature kid without the potential to grow and mature. It would be great to hear what he has to say for himself, and maybe get to show a side that people don't expect.


I also agree. This interview has reedeemed him in my eyes a lot. I was supporting him for his performance, but got put off a lot by his antics, now I'll cheer for him again.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
eugalp
Profile Joined August 2011
United States203 Posts
August 08 2012 23:17 GMT
#1274
On August 07 2012 22:01 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
I'm really sad that there's no podcast version of this . The video doesn't actually add much to the show, and I have a couple hours a day that I can fill with podcasts, and basically zero that I can fill with video content.

Same here. I consume SOTG mainly in podcast form (because I can listen to it while driving or doing other things). It would be awesome if Real Talk could be downloaded as a podcast, too.
"More GG more skill" - White-Ra
Glenn313
Profile Joined August 2011
United States475 Posts
August 09 2012 04:26 GMT
#1275
I just saw a few of your Real Talk videos. Very informative and interesting.
Hey man
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
August 09 2012 05:53 GMT
#1276
Just download the video and convert it to mp3 there's a billion programs which will do that for you. Atube catcher for example.
This is our town, scrub
Oaky
Profile Joined August 2012
United States95 Posts
August 09 2012 06:11 GMT
#1277
Whats the plan with the artosis real talk it was supposed to up by now was it not? Keep up the good work anyway love the show.
SOOOOOOO MANY BANELINGS!
JazzJackrabbit
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1272 Posts
August 10 2012 00:13 GMT
#1278
So, JP just posted a video announcing that he's leaving MLG and a bunch of other stuff. One of the things he mentions is having Real Talk be a live show. IMO I think it's fine the way it is being VOD only, I don't think the show needs the added distraction of having the chat (unless the plan is to have it disabled). I don't know, I just think the guests will be more relaxed knowing the interview isn't being broadcasted to the world live.

Here's the video:

jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
August 10 2012 00:22 GMT
#1279
On August 09 2012 15:11 Oaky wrote:
Whats the plan with the artosis real talk it was supposed to up by now was it not? Keep up the good work anyway love the show.

artosis episode was delayed cause the unexpected Naniwa episode and then Artosis went to Australia for WCS Australia.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
August 10 2012 00:38 GMT
#1280
Best of luck JP, maybe you could help produce NASL's live events!
Prev 1 62 63 64 65 66 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1089
910 100
Hyun 72
NotJumperer 56
Bale 32
sorry 21
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto226
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King135
Other Games
summit1g7416
Coldzera 732
WinterStarcraft395
C9.Mang0274
NeuroSwarm103
ceh989
ViBE24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 40
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2239
League of Legends
• Rush1143
• Lourlo1018
• Stunt353
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 37m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 37m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 37m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.