• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:10
CEST 14:10
KST 21:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7581 users

UI still sub-par 2 years later. Why don't we care? - Page 57

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 87 Next
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 14 2012 19:06 GMT
#1121
On February 15 2012 00:07 Belial88 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 14 2012 15:53 jackdaniels wrote:
Blizzard before: Made games to make the best game they can, rewarded with tons of cash.
Blizzard now: Makes games to make money; Less and less people buying their crap.


I cannot believe anyone can bash on blizzard games.


Should Blizzard be immune to criticism in your opinion, just because they're the best at what they're doing? Should we be content with missing features just because their competitors set the standard so low? No. If you're happy with getting less than you could, fine. We're not. Simple as that.
Brainling
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States660 Posts
February 14 2012 19:16 GMT
#1122
I'll never understand the "I feel so alone when I login in to B.net!" argument. With my friends list, and several private channels that I am in, I never feel alone when I login, I can always find a practice game, or just a shits-and-giggles 4v4. What exactly do you want Blizzard to do? Put EHarmony in b.net so you can match up with new friends using 26 points of compatibility?

If you feel alone when you login, that absolutely sounds like a personal problem.

Some of the other complaints in this thread have merit, but I think in true internet fashion are completely blown out of proportion. The idea that the UI somehow hinders you form playing the game is just silly. How hard is to click Multiplayer -> Find Game? Is Find Game not big and orange enough? Maybe Blizzard needs to make it blink?

Or, A Blizzard employee should personally message you when you login, and point you to the Find Game button. Two birds with one stone: The UI won't hinder you from playing, and you won't feel alone.
"The welfare of each of us is dependent fundamentally upon the welfare of all of us." - Theodore Roosevelt
Tarotis
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Germany1931 Posts
February 14 2012 19:17 GMT
#1123
On February 15 2012 04:16 Brainling wrote:
I'll never understand the "I feel so alone when I login in to B.net!" argument. With my friends list, and several private channels that I am in, I never feel alone when I login, I can always find a practice game, or just a shits-and-giggles 4v4. What exactly do you want Blizzard to do? Put EHarmony in b.net so you can match up with new friends using 26 points of compatibility?

If you feel alone when you login, that absolutely sounds like a personal problem.

Some of the other complaints in this thread have merit, but I think in true internet fashion are completely blown out of proportion. The idea that the UI somehow hinders you form playing the game is just silly. How hard is to click Multiplayer -> Find Game? Is Find Game not big and orange enough? Maybe Blizzard needs to make it blink?

Or, A Blizzard employee should personally message you when you login, and point you to the Find Game button. Two birds with one stone: The UI won't hinder you from playing, and you won't feel alone.

Did you ever play WarCraft 3 online?
godly-cheese
Profile Joined November 2011
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 20:09:15
February 14 2012 20:01 GMT
#1124
On February 15 2012 04:16 Brainling wrote:
I'll never understand the "I feel so alone when I login in to B.net!" argument. With my friends list, and several private channels that I am in, I never feel alone when I login, I can always find a practice game, or just a shits-and-giggles 4v4. What exactly do you want Blizzard to do? Put EHarmony in b.net so you can match up with new friends using 26 points of compatibility?

If you feel alone when you login, that absolutely sounds like a personal problem.

Some of the other complaints in this thread have merit, but I think in true internet fashion are completely blown out of proportion. The idea that the UI somehow hinders you form playing the game is just silly. How hard is to click Multiplayer -> Find Game? Is Find Game not big and orange enough? Maybe Blizzard needs to make it blink?

Or, A Blizzard employee should personally message you when you login, and point you to the Find Game button. Two birds with one stone: The UI won't hinder you from playing, and you won't feel alone.


I don't think I've met one single person on StarCraft 2 and actually stuck with them and played with them for years and years. Compared to WarCraft 3 and even Brood War, this is beyond silly. StarCraft 2 that is...

Hell, I've met some really cool people on Diablo 2 and just stuck with them forever. I never even met them in person. StarCraft 2 is just making it hard to communicate and meet with people.

Public channels also made this easy to do where you could just talk about whatever you wanted and setup games easier. Last time I checked. There was about 350 people using the chat channels in StarCraft 2.

And it's funny that you say it's a personal problem but how many people that I know in real life, actually play StarCraft 2? Hmm, let's see. Maybe one? But he's bronze and I try to coach him and it's hard but he'll make it. But I can't go onto StarCraft 2 and be like "hey, how is everyone?" Instead everyone is just jerking off in the crappy custom games somewhere out of boredum because they can't find a game to play with anyone.

Just like yesterday I was playing on PeepMode Metalopolis but I wanted to play on Peepmode Cloud Kingdom instead, but there was only one other person in there. Just because the game wasn't popular. Bullshit? Then I have to join up on PeepMode Metalopolis and contribute to the horrible map, and when I do that. I just making the game more popular. Which makes it suck even more.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Parnass
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany145 Posts
February 14 2012 21:06 GMT
#1125
I seriously wish that I had a US account just so I could keep bumping the US battle.net thread. This is so frustrating that there was absolutely no official feedback yet...
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
February 14 2012 21:21 GMT
#1126
On February 15 2012 04:16 Brainling wrote:
I'll never understand the "I feel so alone when I login in to B.net!" argument. With my friends list, and several private channels that I am in, I never feel alone when I login, I can always find a practice game, or just a shits-and-giggles 4v4. What exactly do you want Blizzard to do? Put EHarmony in b.net so you can match up with new friends using 26 points of compatibility?

If you feel alone when you login, that absolutely sounds like a personal problem.

Some of the other complaints in this thread have merit, but I think in true internet fashion are completely blown out of proportion. The idea that the UI somehow hinders you form playing the game is just silly. How hard is to click Multiplayer -> Find Game? Is Find Game not big and orange enough? Maybe Blizzard needs to make it blink?

Or, A Blizzard employee should personally message you when you login, and point you to the Find Game button. Two birds with one stone: The UI won't hinder you from playing, and you won't feel alone.



Want me to explain why 90% of ppl feel lonely, even tho I shouldnt need to explain this easy thing?
There is no official blizzard channel that isnt dead so you have to search one up, privately, and the channels got no moderators so there can be tons of trolls there or its just a dead chat.

There is no clan support and you cant have cool clan channels like you had in wc3 which made the game way more socializful.
There is no /w function which makes you even more lonely because you have to go to someones score screen of a game they played to talk to them or add them, and many times you cant add someone.

And what people mean is that Sc2 is LONELIER THEN WC3. Which never shouldve happened. BN.et 2.0 (0.2) shouldve IMPROVED the socializing part. alot. They owe us this and if you cant see that then im sorry I dislike you hell of a lot.

Thanks for bumping this thread regardless and I hope I explained something...
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
acrimoneyius
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States983 Posts
February 14 2012 21:38 GMT
#1127
On February 15 2012 04:16 Brainling wrote:
I'll never understand the "I feel so alone when I login in to B.net!" argument. With my friends list, and several private channels that I am in, I never feel alone when I login, I can always find a practice game, or just a shits-and-giggles 4v4. What exactly do you want Blizzard to do? Put EHarmony in b.net so you can match up with new friends using 26 points of compatibility?

If you feel alone when you login, that absolutely sounds like a personal problem.

Some of the other complaints in this thread have merit, but I think in true internet fashion are completely blown out of proportion. The idea that the UI somehow hinders you form playing the game is just silly. How hard is to click Multiplayer -> Find Game? Is Find Game not big and orange enough? Maybe Blizzard needs to make it blink?

Or, A Blizzard employee should personally message you when you login, and point you to the Find Game button. Two birds with one stone: The UI won't hinder you from playing, and you won't feel alone.


Maybe you missed the part of the thread where it explains the loneliness is due to the custom game system missing so many intuitive features. What you're describing is ladder, which many people have said is the only redeeming feature of b.net 2.0.

Please read before posting ignorance.
Disconnect
Profile Joined September 2010
United States84 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 21:45:29
February 14 2012 21:39 GMT
#1128
On February 15 2012 04:06 Shockk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 00:07 Belial88 wrote:
On February 14 2012 15:53 jackdaniels wrote:
Blizzard before: Made games to make the best game they can, rewarded with tons of cash.
Blizzard now: Makes games to make money; Less and less people buying their crap.


I cannot believe anyone can bash on blizzard games.


Should Blizzard be immune to criticism in your opinion, just because they're the best at what they're doing? Should we be content with missing features just because their competitors set the standard so low? No. If you're happy with getting less than you could, fine. We're not. Simple as that.



Who exactly is setting the bar lower than Blizzard when it comes to the features surrounding the game? It's so low you have to be a limbo champion to get underneath the thing.

LoL, HON, DOTA2 are all doing it way better. Even the Tribes Ascend beta which isn't even close to feature complete lets you play on any server you want.

This it takes time crap doesn't fly either. HiRez Studios did a complete overhaul of the out of game UI and features as well as completely redid the class system in the game within a couple months after receiving feedback from testers. Blizzard can't even give us a lobby list for customs in two years.


I honestly feel like Blizzard wanted us to buy the game, play for a couple weeks, and get the hell off their servers.

Ryan307 :)
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States1289 Posts
February 15 2012 05:21 GMT
#1129
Has there been any kind of response from blizzard yet?
Dont let the action of factual things fracture your casual swing
BamBam
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
745 Posts
February 15 2012 05:34 GMT
#1130
On February 15 2012 14:21 Ryan307 wrote:
Has there been any kind of response from blizzard yet?


To any feature requested?

"This is a functionality we're interested in providing our players at some point in the future."
"two is way better than twice as one" - artosis
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
February 15 2012 05:39 GMT
#1131
DotA 2 just confirmed LAN mode.... uh oh...
Igaryu85
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany195 Posts
February 15 2012 05:44 GMT
#1132
Wow nice compilation of stuff that still needs changing and suggestion how to do it ;-). Thumbs up!
wunsun
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada622 Posts
February 15 2012 05:45 GMT
#1133
On February 15 2012 14:39 Sinensis wrote:
DotA 2 just confirmed LAN mode.... uh oh...


I don't see that as a huge problem. I don't want or really need LAN myself. What SC2 needs to be an actual esport is to have tournament LAN, at least at the big tournaments. To me, that is what is really needed.
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 05:55:26
February 15 2012 05:48 GMT
#1134
On February 15 2012 14:45 wunsun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 14:39 Sinensis wrote:
DotA 2 just confirmed LAN mode.... uh oh...


I don't see that as a huge problem. I don't want or really need LAN myself. What SC2 needs to be an actual esport is to have tournament LAN, at least at the big tournaments. To me, that is what is really needed.


Yeah but you see... we're not going to get it ever even for tournaments, and DotA 2 is...

And then suddenly DotA 2 has LAN latency for EVERYONE if they so choose, not just professionals or tournament organizers...

My point is bnet looks like a steaming pile of feces compared to DotA 2's client.
wunsun
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada622 Posts
February 15 2012 05:55 GMT
#1135
On February 15 2012 14:48 Sinensis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 14:45 wunsun wrote:
On February 15 2012 14:39 Sinensis wrote:
DotA 2 just confirmed LAN mode.... uh oh...


I don't see that as a huge problem. I don't want or really need LAN myself. What SC2 needs to be an actual esport is to have tournament LAN, at least at the big tournaments. To me, that is what is really needed.


Yeah but you see... we're not going to get it ever even for tournaments, and DotA 2 is...


True, but it's a different game. I think there is some overlap, but not that much. Maybe the issue is competition? Dota 2, LOL and HON are all competing for the same audience, while SC2 doesn't have much compeition from any serious online RTS game. Which is unfortunate.
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 06:05:50
February 15 2012 06:01 GMT
#1136
On February 15 2012 14:55 wunsun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 14:48 Sinensis wrote:
On February 15 2012 14:45 wunsun wrote:
On February 15 2012 14:39 Sinensis wrote:
DotA 2 just confirmed LAN mode.... uh oh...


I don't see that as a huge problem. I don't want or really need LAN myself. What SC2 needs to be an actual esport is to have tournament LAN, at least at the big tournaments. To me, that is what is really needed.


Yeah but you see... we're not going to get it ever even for tournaments, and DotA 2 is...


True, but it's a different game. I think there is some overlap, but not that much. Maybe the issue is competition? Dota 2, LOL and HON are all competing for the same audience, while SC2 doesn't have much compeition from any serious online RTS game. Which is unfortunate.


What we take away from this is that what was originally a Starcraft Brood War map Aeon of Strife, which turned into a Warcraft 3 map Defence of the Ancients, which turned into it's own genre of strategic games called MOBAs, Valve's game is vastly superior to even the current model for which it is based on.

DotA 2 could have been a Sc2 related phenomenon if Blizzard was up to community standards. There's no reason they couldn't given the fact that their games established the genre. Now all they can hope for is suing Valve for being better than them at everything they do.
Gwypaas
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden41 Posts
February 15 2012 07:12 GMT
#1137
http://www.joindota.com/en/news/2526-erik-johnson-confirms-lan-mode-for-dota2

DotA 2 here I come! Lan and mod support while having an awesome online platform. Blizzard take notes please.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
February 15 2012 07:25 GMT
#1138
On February 15 2012 16:12 Gwypaas wrote:
http://www.joindota.com/en/news/2526-erik-johnson-confirms-lan-mode-for-dota2

DotA 2 here I come! Lan and mod support while having an awesome online platform. Blizzard take notes please.




My favorite part of that artice (besides all of it) is this,

On behalf of joinDOTA and it's community I extend a thankyou to Erik Johnson and Valve for listening to the community and taking the time to share what is happening behind the scenes at Valve.
how2TL
Profile Joined August 2010
1197 Posts
February 15 2012 07:27 GMT
#1139
On February 15 2012 14:55 wunsun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2012 14:48 Sinensis wrote:
On February 15 2012 14:45 wunsun wrote:
On February 15 2012 14:39 Sinensis wrote:
DotA 2 just confirmed LAN mode.... uh oh...


I don't see that as a huge problem. I don't want or really need LAN myself. What SC2 needs to be an actual esport is to have tournament LAN, at least at the big tournaments. To me, that is what is really needed.


Yeah but you see... we're not going to get it ever even for tournaments, and DotA 2 is...


True, but it's a different game. I think there is some overlap, but not that much. Maybe the issue is competition? Dota 2, LOL and HON are all competing for the same audience, while SC2 doesn't have much compeition from any serious online RTS game. Which is unfortunate.


All those people not playing ladder anymore are playing other games now, any of the popular MOBA's, I'm guessing.

I doubt the majority of SC2 players only play RTS's. And MOBA's are an offshoot of Warcraft III anyway. The point is there's probably a lot of overlap.

Blizzard sure wants a lot of control over a game that they don't seem to want to actively support in ways that grow the community very much.
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-15 07:40:28
February 15 2012 07:38 GMT
#1140
--- Nuked ---
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 87 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings152
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko351
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4214
Jaedong 2437
actioN 1087
EffOrt 728
Soma 568
Horang2 546
Killer 438
BeSt 388
Leta 329
Stork 224
[ Show more ]
Mini 216
Pusan 167
Rush 147
Zeus 140
Light 123
Barracks 111
Snow 80
JYJ 77
ggaemo 75
Larva 69
Mong 45
HiyA 44
Sea.KH 40
ToSsGirL 36
hero 35
Bale 29
Shinee 25
sorry 24
Sharp 21
zelot 16
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5820
Dendi609
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_45
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3535
Other Games
gofns52794
singsing1561
olofmeister1361
byalli534
B2W.Neo266
Livibee198
OGKoka 97
ArmadaUGS72
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV359
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
Other Games
BasetradeTV176
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV211
League of Legends
• Jankos1646
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 50m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.