• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:37
CEST 21:37
KST 04:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7353 users

StarCraft Mass Recall: SC1 campaigns on SC2 thread - Page 50

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 86 Next
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
June 08 2014 22:59 GMT
#981
It's giving me an "unable to open map" error, and I've done everything right as far as I can tell. Anyone knows what might be the issue?
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
June 09 2014 23:37 GMT
#982
Double-check to make sure that the maps are in a separate "Starcraft Mass Recall" folder within the Maps folder inside the main Starcraft 2 folder, first of all. That wasn't always necessary in the past, which makes it a fairly easy oversight.
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-09 23:56:19
June 09 2014 23:42 GMT
#983
Ah did not see it in the requirements section, will try and report back. Thank you.

EDIT: did what you said and it works, thanks again!
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-20 05:34:08
June 20 2014 03:51 GMT
#984
So, I dunno if Telenil's still following my own little run-through of this on Youtube (I know he found it at one point early on), but I think the outcome of my newest video is... probably worth noting.

Click here to go see it.

<_<

only half shameless plug, partly actual thing that should probably be dealt with
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
June 21 2014 15:18 GMT
#985
Heh! Funny how the victory screen trumped the defeat box in the end. I'll fix that in the next version, which will probably come at some point during the summer. I should also take a couple of hours and list the various playthroughs in the OP, no reason Jayborino would be the only one to be listed.
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Jayborino
Profile Joined May 2014
23 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-23 17:17:41
June 23 2014 17:16 GMT
#986
The reason is because I am the best ever, OBVIOUSLY!

But actually, let's get even more people recording this mod - the more attention to it the better!
frajen86
Profile Joined February 2014
168 Posts
June 25 2014 04:44 GMT
#987
Not sure if this was mentioned yet but typing "skip" in chat on Terran 5 "Revolution" skips everything up to Kerrigan cut scene
pure.Wasted
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada4701 Posts
June 26 2014 20:20 GMT
#988
So, any chance of getting a save game of Rebel Yell mission 1 uploaded?

0 =)
INna Maru-da-FanTa, Bbaby, TY Dream that I'm Flashing you
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-29 11:49:41
June 29 2014 11:43 GMT
#989
I have started working on a version 5.2, which will include additionnal content. More on that during the summer.

Here is a list of the commented playthroughs using 5.0 or later, with their current status:
* JayborinoPlays, Hard difficulty (ongoing, episodes 1-6)
* Blazieth, retro mod (ongoing, episodes 1-2)
* The Newbie Gamer (episode 1)
* Stratos Tygos, retro mod (episode 1)

And the older playthroughs:
* HuskyStarcraft, Hard difficulty (episodes 1-2)
* VaipoGaming (episodes 4-6)
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
June 29 2014 16:35 GMT
#990
Ooh, extra content! Can't wait!
ShinDNA
Profile Joined May 2013
Portugal19 Posts
June 30 2014 18:24 GMT
#991
Oh damn yay! Additional content is always welcome!
Jayborino
Profile Joined May 2014
23 Posts
July 08 2014 00:13 GMT
#992
Just gave Omega my first try. This is going to be a rough one. I wonder how many attempts it will take...
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
July 09 2014 04:02 GMT
#993
Ooh, can I guess? Three! No, wait, Five! SEVENTEE-*shot*
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-09 20:21:14
July 09 2014 14:29 GMT
#994
On July 09 2014 13:02 Blazethesage wrote:
Ooh, can I guess? Three! No, wait, Five! SEVENTEE-*shot*
Come on, Hard Omega isn't that bad!
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
July 09 2014 15:25 GMT
#995
Oh god, he's a troper. You're doomed, Jay.
Jayborino
Profile Joined May 2014
23 Posts
July 09 2014 16:06 GMT
#996
POWER OVERWHELMING!!! There. I 've done it. I will win with my starting units and balk at the storms and disruption webs that otherwise have ruined my three attempts so far.

So, I've watched Vaipo's playthrough back pre-5.0 and it's on normal. He used Mutalisks to snipe some of Protoss's tech so they stopped building both types of Templar, Reavers, Arbiters, and Observers. I don't know if it's with v5, or maybe it's hard mode, but the AI rebuilds pretty much immediately and it did not for him, so this strategy is scrapped. After some experimenting, I notice that they stop trying to rebuild if you destroy the building as it's being created, but manage to spare the worker sent to rebuild it. To me, this seems a little exploit-y, so I'm going to avoid doing it, but boy is it tempting to get rid of those incredibly annoying units. Either way, spending all my gas on 15-20 Mutalisks to even do it means I can't upgrade anything or build many Hydralisks, so I would die anyway.

The challenge on this one is excellent; a perfect, high difficulty level that just barely feels in reach of winnable with practice. I noticed someone reported the score screen is broken, similar to Patriot's Blood, which would stop me from seeing/recording the epilogue, so I used cheats to verify this was still the case. Since I checked this in advance though, I can have the video of it Telenil uploaded to his channel on standby, and switch my recording display to that instead. Nothing will hold me back from that sweet, sweet epilogue... except seventy-something attempts at beating the level.
zEmini
Profile Joined April 2011
United States4 Posts
July 10 2014 23:44 GMT
#997
Great campaign. About half way done on easy so here are some suggestions

1. Easy doesn't feel easy all the time. Some improvements for an "easier" experience.
-Increase Min/Vesp amount on the map
-Decrease Armor/weapon upgrades on enemies or delay their research.

2. Transports seem clunky especially the Terran one.

3. Are high Templar that OP? I was playing the mission where you have to kill Aldaris and found myself without an army due to storms. Probably the case of me just sucking like the Gold Ranked player I am.

4. A cheat to add in or use SC2 models/stats/ect. I would love to build Marauders for instance.
-A new building that builds SC2 units that is usable after typing in a cheat.

5. What about the other BW units for the campaign? In rebel yell, we can use medics, but not Valkyries? Could also be implemented in the form of a cheat.

6. I haven't played SC1 in a long time, but I was able to trick the AI at the place where they "stage" there units. I simply set up a base and was then able to just kill 1 or 2 units at a time instead of being hit by the usual wave. Made some of the missions too easy. Maybe they should gather forces more closer to their bases?

7. Any chance we can get the demo/precusor missions in the future? After all it is part of the lore.

Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
July 11 2014 03:40 GMT
#998
On July 11 2014 08:44 zEmini wrote:
Great campaign. About half way done on easy so here are some suggestions

1. Easy doesn't feel easy all the time. Some improvements for an "easier" experience.
-Increase Min/Vesp amount on the map
-Decrease Armor/weapon upgrades on enemies or delay their research.

2. Transports seem clunky especially the Terran one.

3. Are high Templar that OP? I was playing the mission where you have to kill Aldaris and found myself without an army due to storms. Probably the case of me just sucking like the Gold Ranked player I am.

4. A cheat to add in or use SC2 models/stats/ect. I would love to build Marauders for instance.
-A new building that builds SC2 units that is usable after typing in a cheat.

5. What about the other BW units for the campaign? In rebel yell, we can use medics, but not Valkyries? Could also be implemented in the form of a cheat.

6. I haven't played SC1 in a long time, but I was able to trick the AI at the place where they "stage" there units. I simply set up a base and was then able to just kill 1 or 2 units at a time instead of being hit by the usual wave. Made some of the missions too easy. Maybe they should gather forces more closer to their bases?

7. Any chance we can get the demo/precusor missions in the future? After all it is part of the lore.



Easy is extremely easy for good players, I don't have too much trouble with the hard modes. I think making it easier would make it too easy overall. If you sometimes lose that's good, means it feels good to win.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
July 11 2014 06:26 GMT
#999
On July 11 2014 08:44 zEmini wrote:
Great campaign. About half way done on easy so here are some suggestions

1. Easy doesn't feel easy all the time. Some improvements for an "easier" experience.
-Increase Min/Vesp amount on the map
-Decrease Armor/weapon upgrades on enemies or delay their research.

2. Transports seem clunky especially the Terran one.

3. Are high Templar that OP? I was playing the mission where you have to kill Aldaris and found myself without an army due to storms. Probably the case of me just sucking like the Gold Ranked player I am.

4. A cheat to add in or use SC2 models/stats/ect. I would love to build Marauders for instance.
-A new building that builds SC2 units that is usable after typing in a cheat.

5. What about the other BW units for the campaign? In rebel yell, we can use medics, but not Valkyries? Could also be implemented in the form of a cheat.

6. I haven't played SC1 in a long time, but I was able to trick the AI at the place where they "stage" there units. I simply set up a base and was then able to just kill 1 or 2 units at a time instead of being hit by the usual wave. Made some of the missions too easy. Maybe they should gather forces more closer to their bases?

7. Any chance we can get the demo/precusor missions in the future? After all it is part of the lore.



1) Ehhh... I'm iffy. Even on easy, the game still needs to provide *some* sort of challenge. Part of that challenge is dealing with potentially limited resources. And to my knowledge, easy-level AI DOES research upgrades slower, and doesn't get access to some bonuses that provide extra upgrades.

2) Trust me, they've always been like that.

3) High Templar, in Starcraft 1 *or* 2, are DEVASTATING in the right hands, and the AI is notoriously quick and accurate at tossing out storms.

4) Ehh, I disagree. The whole point of this mod was to recreate the original experience in terms of tech tree and the campaigns, with a few very minor liberties.

5) The reason Rebel Yell gets access to medics is because technically, the Confederacy ID* employ Combat Medics. It's just that they weren't as effective as, and didn't have the equipment of the UED medics. This is represented by non-UED medics healing slower, and not having access to the research upgrades. The Valkyrie was 100% exclusive UED technology.

6) Not sure on this one; I don't remember how AI rallying worked in the original; it may well have worked very similarly. Or not, I don't know. I think in the original, they either rallied units there upon creation, or kept them in base, and moved them there to hang for a bit before moving to attack. I THINK it's one of those two, but I could easily be talking out of my ass.

7) Telenil did mention that 5.2 will have new, extra content; as to what it'll be, who knows. Maybe it'll be those very campaigns! Or maybe it'll be something else. We'll just have to wait and see!
Jayborino
Profile Joined May 2014
23 Posts
July 13 2014 21:55 GMT
#1000
Hey all, I've made an installation video guide for anyone experiencing issues.

Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM906
TaKeTV 317
TKL 308
IndyStarCraft 181
BRAT_OK 97
ZombieGrub73
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 906
TKL 308
IndyStarCraft 181
MaxPax 167
BRAT_OK 97
ZombieGrub73
JuggernautJason52
Nathanias 39
EmSc Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 655
ggaemo 156
White-Ra 141
firebathero 76
Barracks 61
910 50
Shine 30
Trap 26
Killer 25
yabsab 7
Counter-Strike
Fnx 813
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0171
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8876
crisheroes1772
Liquid`Hasu1531
Trikslyr64
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4801
summit1g4438
singsing1382
Beastyqt930
shahzam414
B2W.Neo342
KnowMe136
ArmadaUGS132
UpATreeSC73
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream392
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 189
• Reevou 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki18
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade739
Other Games
• Shiphtur313
• imaqtpie292
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.