• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:47
CEST 20:47
KST 03:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8244 users

StarCraft Mass Recall: SC1 campaigns on SC2 thread - Page 49

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 86 Next
newbornducky
Profile Joined September 2010
42 Posts
May 15 2014 09:09 GMT
#961
Thanks a lot for the maps and all the hard work, I have been waiting for this update for a while! All I saw in the third campaign were balls instead of zerg units before the update, and now it is all fixed and everything runs smoothly. Time for some SC and SCBW!!!!!!
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
May 15 2014 19:16 GMT
#962
On May 14 2014 13:17 venJOHNce wrote:
Sir, I tried redownloading the new version of SCMRmod. I extracted it and put it on "C:\Program Files (x86)\StarCraft II\Mods" but it still says unable to open map. The warning messages also still occur whenever I try to open a map manually.
That's weird. The only possibilities I see are not having Heart of the Swarm on your computer, or using the Retro version without the Core mod. If it's none of this, then I don't know.
On May 14 2014 13:19 Jayborino wrote:
I plan on finishing the Protoss campaign, then have to take about a 3 week hiatus off from recording. My wedding is coming up in just over a week and I will be out of town for that and my honeymoon! Anyway, I figured that timing my recordings so that I could start the break by wrapping up the original three campaigns would be the most appropriate, and I'll reiterate this in that video as well.
I know, friends, family and similar inconveniences can really distract one from his Starcraft duties.
... nah seriously, congratulations, and don't bother with the Internet when something big is happening in your life! =)
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
mate_1146
Profile Joined March 2013
Hungary10 Posts
May 18 2014 14:35 GMT
#963
Could anyone upload the save file needed to play the game for the Starter Edition users? I think this could make the campaign work for us. Thanks, everyone!
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
May 18 2014 17:01 GMT
#964
It's still considered a custom single-player map, which I believe are still disabled for Starter Edition. I very much doubt it would work.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 18 2014 18:37 GMT
#965
On May 19 2014 02:01 Blazethesage wrote:
It's still considered a custom single-player map, which I believe are still disabled for Starter Edition. I very much doubt it would work.

All the custom and arcade maps are free for Starter Edition users
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
May 19 2014 15:46 GMT
#966
Ahh, ok. I thought it was just arcade.
ZedraC
Profile Joined February 2011
South Africa109 Posts
May 20 2014 16:06 GMT
#967
omg, You guys are still going with this? I complete forgot about this. Played a few missions in 2012 and never thought you would carry on. I am totally going to restart and play every mission again.

Well done, Well done.
"What am I supposed to build to kill the things that look like giant dung beetles that eventually show up?" - beginner on battlenet forums. LMAO
thetiger39
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3 Posts
May 20 2014 20:57 GMT
#968
Did some scrounging around the mod file and General Duke Siege tank takes up 3 supply.
Telenil
Profile Joined September 2010
France484 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 21:10:39
May 20 2014 21:09 GMT
#969
Will fix.

Hey, here is a little teasing: there is something we recently added in the mod that will clue you about what we are going to do next. It is not in the patch notes, just buried somewhere in the data. Let's see if someone finds it and recognizes it =)
Mass Recall: Brood War campaigns on SC2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303166
Sakurai
Profile Joined November 2013
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-23 12:08:55
May 23 2014 12:08 GMT
#970
Hello Telenil!
Sorry for taking this long to reply. My internet connection was cut off a while and I forgot to test your maps. I'm currently doing a complete playthrough, and I have noticed several bugs:
- General
+ Carrier's avatar is chipped at the sides
+ Drone's Spines attack is listed as "Unknown"
+ Tassarar's Psionic Storm is cited as "The dark templar..."
+ Portraits start "talking" as the same time as the voice, but ends several seconds late.
+ Recently acquired foreign "units/buildings" don't change colour (like in the campaign)
+ Beacons don't disappear after activation.
- The Overmind:
+ In "Vile Disruption", the evo chamber in the third hive is researchable.
I can only remember so far. I will provide a full bug list as I have my internet connection again.That's all for now. And thanks for the hardwork.
ShinDNA
Profile Joined May 2013
Portugal19 Posts
May 23 2014 23:46 GMT
#971
On May 23 2014 21:08 Sakurai wrote:
I'm currently doing a complete playthrough, and I have noticed several bugs:
- General
+ Recently acquired foreign "units/buildings" don't change colour (like in the campaign)

I think this was done on purpose, and I agree. Just because you aligned with a faction, doesn't mean you magically change the colours of your armour/skin. I like it that way
mate_1146
Profile Joined March 2013
Hungary10 Posts
May 24 2014 18:38 GMT
#972
So, would anyone be as kind as to upload their own game save file so us, Starter Edition owners could play the campaigns, please? Thank you in advance!
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-26 06:48:56
May 24 2014 18:39 GMT
#973
On May 23 2014 21:08 Sakurai wrote:+ Recently acquired foreign "units/buildings" don't change colour (like in the campaign)


As ShinDNA above me said, this was intentional. In fact, this was true of the original campaigns as well! It was one of the major ways many of the hero units were differentiated from normal units, by having them a different color from your normal forces so you could tell them apart, as Kerrigan was the only hero that actually had a unique sprite (and in fact was the only hero to occasionally be the same color as the rest of your forces). While your units were red or blue in the original Terran campaign, Raynor, Duke, and Kerrigan were teal-colored units that you acquired immediately (or very early). The only example I can think of where foreign units you acquired changed color was the "Return to Char" level in the second Protoss campaign, where you need to find the Khalis. If you were quick to activate the map reveal cheat, the zerg base you had control of started the first few seconds of the map as purple or brown or something, rather than your own blue when they switch to your control.

This was how they handled control of multiple races in Starcraft 1; each race actually had a unique "supply" count, so acquiring units from different races didn't count toward your primary race's supply cap, so you could in fact build two full armies from two different races; since this is not true of Starcraft's supply limit, Mass Recall instead designated these extra bases, such as Raynor's forces in the original finale to kill the Overmind, or the aforementioned zerg base, were designated as "allies" that you have full control of instead, but still working from, and collecting for your own resource pool. Personally, I find this to be a nice touch, all in all.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
May 24 2014 18:52 GMT
#974
On May 25 2014 03:38 mate_1146 wrote:
So, would anyone be as kind as to upload their own game save file so us, Starter Edition owners could play the campaigns, please? Thank you in advance!

Starter Users can't ladder and play full campaign

tl;dr - in Starter Edition

◘ AVAILABLE - Some first missions of WOL campaign and intro trailer from HOTS campaign
◘ AVAILABLE - All 3 races: Terran, Zerg, Protoss and leveling (portraits, decals and skins) with all of them.
◘ AVAILABLE - Ranked & Unranked 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 - when Spawned (in party with player with a full SC2)
◘ AVAILABLE - Arcade (all UMS maps, not only featured) & Customs games (all maps, not only 4 SE-maps)
◘ AVAILABLE - Replays (watching, saving new ones, co-op replay observing)
◘ AVAILABLE - Only reading Chat Channels and observing Groups. You also can connect to player's game, if he is in the created game, by clicking on green button near his nickname in the user-list in chat channel.
◘ AVAILABLE - Very Easy and Easy A.I. You can still play against Medium or harder AIs, when you find predefined custom maps like "CO-OP vs AI Brutal"
◘ AVAILABLE - on the Matchmaking screen you can play Training Stages and Versus A.I.

◘ NOT AVAILABLE - 1v1 Ladder (Ranked / Unranked) and full WOL & HOTS Campaigns
◘ NOT AVAILABLE - Groups & Clans creation. You also can't join to group in SE.
◘ NOT AVAILABLE - Chat Channels usage (you can't write in Chat channels)
◘ NOT AVAILABLE - Official forums posting (You need a SC2-character to post on official forums)
◘ NOT AVAILABLE - Cow-Level Chat (click 10+ times on SC2 logo in the main menu)


More about it
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/435051-sc2-is-a-semi-f2p-good-or-bad
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
May 25 2014 02:37 GMT
#975
Existor, these are technically UMS maps. Not ladder, and not the Starcraft 2 campaign. Your own quote contradicts your post.
mate_1146
Profile Joined March 2013
Hungary10 Posts
May 25 2014 11:45 GMT
#976
If so, then it might be possible to play the Mass Recall campaigns by using someone else's save game?
Blazethesage
Profile Joined June 2012
108 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-26 07:13:23
May 25 2014 22:04 GMT
#977
Possibly! As long as they can successfully load saved UMS games, one could theoretically download the "install" save as detailed in the setup instructions, load that game, then hit that "install" game to load the Campaign Menu and save there themselves.

Theoretically.

EDIT: Incidentally, one thing I might start up in the next few days, I might join in with the people doing recorded runs of this, except to set myself apart, I'd do it with the Retro Mod active, and do it less to show off my own ability (or lack thereof), and spend some part of the run just sort of showing off the custom models, my opinions on them, stuff like that in addition to just playing through, and showing off the awesome that is this mod.
Tortov
Profile Joined June 2013
17 Posts
May 31 2014 16:33 GMT
#978
Hello everyone!
First of all I want to say that this remake is simply amazing! I really enjoy it, great work!
However, I came across a weird problem. I’m not sure whether it is a known issue or not but from time to time, when in the mission briefing room, my laptop (thinkpad w510) totally shuts down after clicking the start button. Don’t really know why. Any one knows how to fix this? Can something be wrong on my end?
Sakurai
Profile Joined November 2013
3 Posts
June 02 2014 06:34 GMT
#979
A side note about performance:
I recently upgraded my system from Windows 7 x86 to 8.1 x64. Before upgrading, my experience with this campaign is a mess: resource stalls, low frame rate and massive resource hog at the in-game cutscenes. Guess what, after installation, all the problems were gone, and my fps is playable again. Better yet, the map editor now shows a rotating planet when opening the map file, unlike the plain black screen I seen before. Just my two cents, upgrading OS really helps.
TaDa1.
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
655 Posts
June 02 2014 21:48 GMT
#980
playing from the beginning ^^ i love the cinematic at the beginning of most mission!!
sos bomber stork savior fan ^ http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/5160596/1/WXZ/achievements/category/4377898
Prev 1 47 48 49 50 51 86 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM894
TaKeTV 347
TKL 342
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 122
ZombieGrub1
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 894
TKL 389
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 164
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 90
JuggernautJason28
EmSc Tv 23
MindelVK 19
Nathanias 12
ZombieGrub0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 118
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1577
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3896
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo439
ArmadaUGS156
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe105
Trikslyr42
shahzam31
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 23
EmSc2Tv 23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 110
• Reevou 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix12
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2424
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur308
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 13m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 13m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.