• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:13
CEST 04:13
KST 11:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9035 users

DreamHack - Appreciation Thread - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 36 Next All
KingAce
Profile Joined September 2010
United States471 Posts
November 27 2011 17:09 GMT
#181
The Hype or atmosphere was great.Great music especially for the intros. The freaking commentator couch to legit man. Good tournament, props to the audience great energy.

The translator was okay, but I wish he matched the hype with his translation.

The host? Omg the host..."Awesome shoutcasting from.....er Awesome shoutcasters" So awkward.
"You're defined by the WORST of your group..." Bill Burr
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
November 27 2011 17:13 GMT
#182
everything I saw was great and I can only think of one improvement. Bring back 2gd as host for the next Dreamhack.

thank you and keep up the good work.
keep it deep! @zulison
aevealon
Profile Joined June 2011
Singapore80 Posts
November 27 2011 17:16 GMT
#183
The game schedule was great, it was basically one game after another on all 3 streams. Big props to all the casters who actually casted more than 12 hours of games everyday. <3 I couldn't even last that long just watching the stream only.

Looking forward to the next dreamhack, hope it will be as awesome as this one.
evilcookie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden16 Posts
November 27 2011 17:16 GMT
#184
On November 27 2011 23:41 andytb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2011 22:33 ceaRshaf wrote:


The only thing that is bad in this video is TLO and dApollo acting like 9 year olds on the sofa. The rest is just EPIC.


Off camera the sofa was a total love in. On camera it was sensible. This is cool with me and the fact a wide shot picked a little up... Meh ;-)


That's actually the horrible host talking in Swedish, not the people in the sofa. Translated he says something,

- "Oh, did you?"
"Ah, nice. I hadn't actually practiced at all."
FrogOfWar
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1406 Posts
November 27 2011 17:19 GMT
#185
On November 27 2011 18:21 tarodotoxin wrote:
i loved it when artosis made fun of Apollo when he didnt know his and tastless' mics were still kinda on
hahah hella laughed


What did he say?
evilcookie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden16 Posts
November 27 2011 17:26 GMT
#186
On November 27 2011 21:44 Fuchsteufelswild wrote:
Additionally, I could also hear casters speaking after handing it over to others from time to time, such as Artosis talking about what Sean was doing when Day[9], Mr. Bitter, d.Apollo and TotalBiscuit were on the couch or when Sean was starting to interview Hero at the end (with the loud music; there were some instances of other casters not muting their microphones too).
Does someone at Dreamhack need to disable their microphones for them a little more quickly or is it up to the casters and they're just not always remembering in time?


From what I could notice from the 4th row, it was the Dreamhack production team that screwed up with the microphones. I don't think the casters could actually manually mute their microphones. I noticed this a lot too. And the cutting between cameras was horrible.

Other than that everything was great!
Infernux
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Norway84 Posts
November 27 2011 17:28 GMT
#187
Well, being a Norwegian living 7 hours away from Elmia (the place where they have Dreamhack, it's a conference hall in Jonkoping) I just had to go.

To summarize, it was awesome. I watched some of the games at the TB/Apollo scene, loved seeing how Apollo is a very "moving" person, he just can't sit still when he's commentating, always moving his arms and looking everywhere, really intense - perhaps one of the reasons he is becoming one of the casters with best insight to the current metagame.

The DreamArena with Bitter and Shaun was also awesome, they always kept talking to the crowd in between matches, doing the fusion core dance, smiling and winking when being taken pictures of etc.

The important thing to note was that the players could just casually walk around and not get approached by everyone all the time. Sure, TLO and WhiteRa got swarmed, but a part from that everyone just walked around in their own worlds, smiling and having a good time. The group matches were all played in the eSports-hall next to loads of other gamers with their own pcs, but it was a nice setup, and close to the awesome Twitch.tv players lounge (which I visited as my press band gave me access). The way they did signings also was pretty impressive.

The only flaw I could find being there was that Artosis and Tasteless (while I was there) kept sitting in a room isolated from the rest of the event casting. So I didn't get to close to Artosis as I would have liked. Me no gusta...

All in all, awesome event. Also I missed Teeler there, seeing as every other TL-member signed my TL-jersey.
I <3 myself.
JujuXG
Profile Joined September 2011
United States373 Posts
November 27 2011 17:29 GMT
#188
i applicate the fact that they upload the vod so fast onto youtube<3
"I'm naturally good at everything. I'm good at eating too, so that's why I can't lose weight."
Akta
Profile Joined February 2011
447 Posts
November 27 2011 17:35 GMT
#189
On November 28 2011 00:36 Twitchzor wrote:
I were there and the sound of the crowd on VODs doesn't really do it justice. It was incredibly loud and i was impressed the casters were able to talk at all at times.

It's also unfortunate they didn't get a good view on the crowd as well since they mostly filmed those seats that were "closed". This is how it really looked and felt:
http://imgur.com/a/bRLcX Note it's packed on the upper left as well.


I had constant chills and adrenaline during the finals it was awesome!

*edit* Here's a video clip / angle that wasn't showed on Stream giving a better video on the crowd. I hope it's not ISP-based. http://svt.se/2.155436/svt_e-sport#video2246952=2619250
From a stream viewers point of view the bright lights on the audience during camera overviews seemed rather unprofessional to be honest and I'm guessing it didn't exactly help with getting the audience going either.

There were some sound issues as well like messing up the levels on the music and most importantly that it didn't really sound like an arena with thousands of people in the audience during and between the games.



From reading their site they've hit over 10000 lan gamers and 200000 visitors on dreamhack events. From watching the sc2 streams did you get the impression that it was an event of that size?

There are probably thousands of details a decent TV production company would have done differently, take the colors, lightning etc on the stage for example. But I assume they simply can't afford having a real TV production company handle 3 days of broadcasting and production(yet).

What they probably could fix if they wanted to is their site. If people read about this huge event called dreamhack in the newspaper or whatever and google their site they wont even notice that a dreamhack event is going on let alone find any live streams. No esport event sites are amazing but dreamhacks site ...



All in all I was more or less stuck at the computer for 3 days
evilcookie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden16 Posts
November 27 2011 17:42 GMT
#190
- Host

- During last day (but the semi- + grand finals) there were no where to sit and watch the games in a good way. The days before they were casting in the "DreamArena", almost filling 1k seats all day long. The last day only two caster pairs were casting at the same time. One pair in a closed room with no audience. The second one at the dApollo/TB stage, which was in the exhibitor area (insane noise!) and really small, only having tops 100 people. The experience from the last day but the finals must have been much better from home. Felt sucky!

- The camera switching and audio muting in the Kinnarps Arena. The Stockholm invitational was a much tighter produciton.

+ Everything else!
GabrielB
Profile Joined February 2003
Brazil594 Posts
November 27 2011 17:44 GMT
#191
I thought it was great. Fantastic tournament!

I actually like the down time between games, especially if everything runs on schedule, that way I don't lose my whole weekend on Starcraft and get some work/study done.

And I love you, TotalBiscuit, but I think you should lose the hat man, go for the professional look. I love your cast, it may lack a bit on the technical side, but you more than make up for it with the build up of emotion and excitement.

The one thing I feel we need to find a solution for is the interviews with korean players. Maybe some realtime subtitles or something, I don't know... The way it breaks away from that moment of exciment, everyone is pumped, and then we're thrown into this awkward silence... But even the UFC has that. It's kind of an unsolvable problem.

Just get them to memorize some stuff. "He really tough, very good ggs! I really happy with win today for fans! I love Sweden! Thank you, Sean Plott!"
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
November 27 2011 17:45 GMT
#192
Possibly the best western esports event thus far, pretty much everything was superb. The only drawback was the twitch.tv didn't seem to be able to handle the very large amount of viewers and as such lagged for a lot of people. Why not host the stream yourself if you have 120Gbit?

The ginger head tejbz as a presenter, not sure what you were thinking there. Lets just leave it with saying he wasn't good. The music was also very nice, except for that generic beat song when the winner stept on stage.

But yeah, the event was awesome to say the least. Was fun with some QL and SF4 thrown in to broaden peoples horizons. Both make for good games to watch even if you are not into them. CS in the middle of the broadcasts would have been awful, as it is such as slow game which is very difficult to appreciate unless you yourself play it.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Imperium11
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States279 Posts
November 27 2011 17:50 GMT
#193
This has been said already by many others, however, I feel the need to add yet another voice to the crowd. The casters couch was absolutely phenomenal. From both an analytic and an entertainment point of view, it added so much, It was nice to hear the friendly banter back and forth between the casters, and the multiple viewpoints really added to my understanding of the game.
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 17:53:36
November 27 2011 17:51 GMT
#194
On November 28 2011 00:42 Pippi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 00:17 TERRANLOL wrote:
I didn't like all the downtime between games.
90% of the time I tuned into the stream, there weren't any games being played. I just got a lot of commercials.


90 % herooooowww. Dunno when you watched, but they had 3 streams running with 1 hour for each match. There maybe was a max of 10min/h? I was just about to write that I it was so much content...


Admittedly it's a bit of an exaggeration, but not by too much. Part of the problem was that switching between streams was actually quite a bit of a burden for me because of the storm of commercials and the instability of my internet at my parent's house. (Watching it at my dorm room would have been a much better experience)
For some reason every time I switched streams, the internet would disconnect and I would have to reconfigure it. On a single stream, there was not that much content. The second problem that made the former even worse was that they didn't say when the next match was going to be on the stream. It was just blankness. At MLG they say "Player 1 vs Player 2 will happen at XX:XX time" and then I know, so the wait time in between isn't so bad because I know what to expect timewise.

Again, it was a great tournament and I don't want to rag on it too much, but I think there are some very practical things that could be fixed.

EDIT: I liked the music a lot too. I thought it was much better than the music they use at MLG.

but I think I also think it would've been more dramatic and interesting if more korean players were in the fray.
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
November 27 2011 18:07 GMT
#195
On a side note, I got confirmation from a Dreamhack admin that tejbz (the ginger head presenter) won't make an appearance on DH ever again.
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
November 27 2011 18:20 GMT
#196
On November 28 2011 03:07 Paladia wrote:
On a side note, I got confirmation from a Dreamhack admin that tejbz (the ginger head presenter) won't make an appearance on DH ever again.


:D
(:
Pippi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden540 Posts
November 27 2011 18:21 GMT
#197
On November 28 2011 03:20 zanga wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2011 03:07 Paladia wrote:
On a side note, I got confirmation from a Dreamhack admin that tejbz (the ginger head presenter) won't make an appearance on DH ever again.


:D

:D:D
Toast and coffe
Inertia_EU
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom513 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 18:27:44
November 27 2011 18:26 GMT
#198
On November 27 2011 18:21 tarodotoxin wrote:
i loved it when artosis made fun of Apollo when he didnt know his and tastless' mics were still kinda on
hahah hella laughed


Is there anyway to watch this?
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
November 27 2011 18:28 GMT
#199
On November 27 2011 18:40 Highways wrote:
Awesome tournament:

- Sick stadium
- Coach discussion
- No BS extended series to ruin the final
- High production
- Pretty good music


The finals was a Bo7, MLG's extended series is also a Bo7.
http://www.starcraftdream.com
Dezire
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands640 Posts
November 27 2011 18:29 GMT
#200
*infinite appreciation here*
BoxeR, HuK, IdrA, Minigun, MVP <3
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 132
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 369
NaDa 37
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g8837
JimRising 695
ViBE151
WinterStarcraft133
Mew2King78
ArmadaUGS57
Trikslyr42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1422
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 47m
INu's Battles
9h 47m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 47m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 47m
Replay Cast
20h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.