• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8800 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 62

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 74 Next
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-26 19:26:02
February 26 2012 19:24 GMT
#1221
Something strange happened to me on 1.4.3 patch. I have the 1 file version of the mod that didn't work on 1.4.2 but I kept it anyway and I didn't install the MPQ modifier as I didn't want to mess with my MPQ's as I still wanted to play the game without being afraid of Blizz banning me randomly. When the 1.4.3 patch rolled out, suddenly the mod started working again :O (not that I'm complaining, I just find it strange)
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Sannex
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom9 Posts
February 27 2012 14:40 GMT
#1222
Same thing happened to me
InnoVation!!!!!!!!!!!!
skatbone
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1005 Posts
February 27 2012 16:49 GMT
#1223
On February 27 2012 04:24 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Something strange happened to me on 1.4.3 patch. I have the 1 file version of the mod that didn't work on 1.4.2 but I kept it anyway and I didn't install the MPQ modifier as I didn't want to mess with my MPQ's as I still wanted to play the game without being afraid of Blizz banning me randomly. When the 1.4.3 patch rolled out, suddenly the mod started working again :O (not that I'm complaining, I just find it strange)


Yea, this happened to me as well. I like it.
Mercurial#1193
Tsoo
Profile Joined February 2012
France1 Post
February 27 2012 23:31 GMT
#1224
I'm french and i undersood nothing of your guide.Is it possible to make a simplest guide for the old instalation?
I instaled Stronger Team Color on an other PC in Febuary 2011,and there was an other,older,methode,where is it?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 27 2012 23:37 GMT
#1225
On February 28 2012 01:49 skatbone wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 04:24 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
Something strange happened to me on 1.4.3 patch. I have the 1 file version of the mod that didn't work on 1.4.2 but I kept it anyway and I didn't install the MPQ modifier as I didn't want to mess with my MPQ's as I still wanted to play the game without being afraid of Blizz banning me randomly. When the 1.4.3 patch rolled out, suddenly the mod started working again :O (not that I'm complaining, I just find it strange)


Yea, this happened to me as well. I like it.


:D so this means I can go back to the simple instructions? I gotta go test this, I hope the rumors are true.
Kill the Deathball
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 28 2012 21:21 GMT
#1226
well, I've updated the install instructions back to how it was before, since the old method(the one that doesn't overwrite anything) seems to work again. The latest patch seemed to fix this for me and for some others. If anyone is having trouble with this let me know.
Kill the Deathball
FedGrapes
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia3 Posts
March 01 2012 18:03 GMT
#1227
Hi there pzea!

Love the idea of this mod, and saw it on ProTech's stream. I tried to install it tonight using both methods in the original post (manual copy, and auto installer.)

No luck yet!

(I have an SEA account and play on US servers, and my install path is E:\StarCraft II\Mods\LibertyMulti.SC2Mod)

any advice would be welcome!
I think therefore I am, I think.
sOm
Profile Joined January 2011
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 18:56:07
March 01 2012 18:55 GMT
#1228
Thanks for all the help through PM's pzea!! I will give this a try soon and let you know how it all worked out.

<3 thanks for keeping me updated.
RaiD.RaynoR
Profile Joined February 2012
United States294 Posts
March 01 2012 19:01 GMT
#1229
cool but doesn't make a diff for me
Redemption is the consequence of forgiveness
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 21:16:15
March 01 2012 21:15 GMT
#1230
Hmmm crap so the manual method might only work on US then? Sucks if that's true. Since the instructions are simple I doubt you guys made mistakes, but just in case. Make sure you unzip the download and put the enUS.SC2Assets file in StarcraftII/Mods/LibertyMulti.SC2Mod. If you put the file in the right location and can verify that it's there before starting the game, and it doesn't work, then idk :/

ONE possible solution actually, if your on a non US version of the game, might be to change the name of the file to something else. Let me explain:

Okay, so go to your Liberty.SC2Mod folder (NOT THE MULTI this time), and look for the file that has the same name as the file you downloaded. So enUS.SC2Assets. If you can't find a file that's named this exactly, then look for one that has a very similar name. By similar I mean maybe enEU.SC2Assets or something like that. Not the base and not the teen though.

Anyways, if you DO find the same exact file with the same exact name, then it really should work by just putting the downloaded file into the LibertyMULTI folder so idk what to do if it doesn't work. If you find a file that has a SIMILAR name but not quite the same, then rename the downloaded file to whatever similar name you saw in your Liberty folder and then place that renamed file into your LibertyMulti.

HOW IT WORKS: just to quickly explain to those that want to know. The LibertyMulti folder has priority over the Liberty folder. So SC2 will check LibertyMulti and use the files in there first before using the ones in Liberty. So if you have a file with the same name in LibertyMulti as in Liberty, then the game will use the textures and models from those mpqs in LibertyMulti before using the rest from Liberty. That's why the mod file needs to have the same name as the one in Liberty and why the mod doesn't need to overwrite anything.
Kill the Deathball
Vamp
Profile Joined June 2008
United Kingdom184 Posts
March 01 2012 23:13 GMT
#1231
im on eu and it works fine
`';..;'` http://www.facebook.com/Vamp.Sc2
Shinta1
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway32 Posts
March 02 2012 01:34 GMT
#1232
I just got banned for 14 days. so just a heads up! (tho, I have changed sounds to BW, and changed the pictures in menu aswell. so might be that and not the team color that got me banned)
kaluro
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands760 Posts
March 02 2012 02:08 GMT
#1233
Using it on my stream at www.twitch.tv/kaluroo, got a lot of good feedback from it.
www.twitch.tv/kaluroo - 720p60fps - Remember the name! - Don't do your best, do whatever it takes.
FedGrapes
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia3 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 03:36:07
March 02 2012 03:35 GMT
#1234
On March 02 2012 06:15 pzea469 wrote:
Hmmm crap so the manual method might only work on US then? Sucks if that's true. Since the instructions are simple I doubt you guys made mistakes, but just in case. Make sure you unzip the download and put the enUS.SC2Assets file in StarcraftII/Mods/LibertyMulti.SC2Mod. If you put the file in the right location and can verify that it's there before starting the game, and it doesn't work, then idk :/


Next time it's better to just doubt me; I had a backup on my F:/, and the shortcut to SC2 was pointing there. Go figure. I am using the correct path now, and all is good!

This mod is brilliant, thank you for your work!

On March 02 2012 06:15 pzea469 wrote:
ONE possible solution actually, if your on a non US version of the game, might be to change the name of the file to something else. Let me explain:

Okay, so go to your Liberty.SC2Mod folder (NOT THE MULTI this time), and look for the file that has the same name as the file you downloaded. So enUS.SC2Assets. If you can't find a file that's named this exactly, then look for one that has a very similar name. By similar I mean maybe enEU.SC2Assets or something like that. Not the base and not the teen though.

Anyways, if you DO find the same exact file with the same exact name, then it really should work by just putting the downloaded file into the LibertyMULTI folder so idk what to do if it doesn't work. If you find a file that has a SIMILAR name but not quite the same, then rename the downloaded file to whatever similar name you saw in your Liberty folder and then place that renamed file into your LibertyMulti.


This makes sense, just went through and checked; SEA Australia uses enUS.

On March 02 2012 06:15 pzea469 wrote:
HOW IT WORKS: just to quickly explain to those that want to know. The LibertyMulti folder has priority over the Liberty folder. So SC2 will check LibertyMulti and use the files in there first before using the ones in Liberty. So if you have a file with the same name in LibertyMulti as in Liberty, then the game will use the textures and models from those mpqs in LibertyMulti before using the rest from Liberty. That's why the mod file needs to have the same name as the one in Liberty and why the mod doesn't need to overwrite anything.


^^^ Isn't that lovely coding?!
I think therefore I am, I think.
alcaras
Profile Joined July 2010
United States67 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-06 16:51:09
March 02 2012 11:39 GMT
#1235
Heads up -- I also just got a 14 day suspension, a few days after trying out Stronger Team Color (and later uninstalling it). Note I used the automatic installer (which modifies game files, apparently).

I tried to ask Blizzard to confirm that Stronger Team Color was in fact what they were banning for so that I could confirm it is no longer kosher, but they refuse to answer beyond "unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the Service, any Game or any Game experience." As I haven't used any other software that I could fall remotely into any of those categories, I'm forced to conclude Stronger Team Color is no longer okay, or at least using the automatic installer (which modifies game files) is no longer okay.
http://subcreation.net/ http://twitch.tv/alcaras/
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-02 12:24:11
March 02 2012 12:22 GMT
#1236
I'm an EU player that has used the Stronger Team Colour mod for a long time, and no problems here (I just logged in - rather tentatively, I might add). I used the original install method, then when blizz "helpfully" prevented that from working I used the auto installer.

Oh well... if I get a 14 day ban I will uninstall the mod and go find out if Protoss really is as easy as it looks on another account ^^.

EDIT: I think a LOT of people use this, so I suspect we would hear a lot more noise about it if the mod is actually causing any problems. We will see I guess.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
Mr Sleep
Profile Joined May 2010
4 Posts
March 03 2012 06:39 GMT
#1237
It would seem to me that using the manual method, it'd be easy to just remove the single file that you've copied into the LibertyMulti directory and have things back to normal if you didn't want to keep using it.

Is that not the case?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
March 04 2012 07:21 GMT
#1238
On March 03 2012 15:39 Mr Sleep wrote:
It would seem to me that using the manual method, it'd be easy to just remove the single file that you've copied into the LibertyMulti directory and have things back to normal if you didn't want to keep using it.

Is that not the case?


This is the case. Uninstalling and installing is as easy as dragging a file in and out of a folder.

The auto installer has now been updated to work in the same way, so now neither method should overwrite any game file.


Wow, if people have really started getting temp bans for this, that really sucks. Especially after Dustin saying that they love that mod for esports and acknowledging that they know it helps colorblind people as well :/ , though I know Dustin isn't in control of everything and might not have much say in this so I don't mean to bash him, he seems like a really chill guy. I just sort of felt like with his interview Blizz gave me a nudge of "keep doing ya thing, it's cool " lol.

Anyways, I'm sorry for those who have been temp banned because of my mod. As always, modding Blizz games has risks and there isn't much to be done. I will put up a warning on the OP stating that others have been temp banned already. It's probably needed since the reddit link of Dustin's interview is probably giving people a sense of protection to bans that I personally also thought they had. I'm glad it's not a perma ban at least lol.

To those brave colorful warriors out there, let me know if you guys get temp banned as well in the future. To people who wan't to play it safe though, I would suggest playing without the mod, at least for some time until the banning gets figured out
Kill the Deathball
TemujinGK
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States483 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-05 16:22:54
March 05 2012 16:20 GMT
#1239
EDIT:

I'm a fucking idiot.
"Pikachu and Protoss are both yellow, Coincidence?" ~apexMorroW
sOm
Profile Joined January 2011
United States43 Posts
March 05 2012 17:39 GMT
#1240
Worked for me, Thanks again Pzea.
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft363
Nina 151
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14272
firebathero 116
Hyuk 56
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
febbydoto96
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5456
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2195
JimRising 479
mouzStarbuck426
KnowMe223
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1157
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 43m
INu's Battles
12h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 43m
Replay Cast
23h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.