• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8873 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 61

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 74 Next
cray
Profile Joined August 2011
United States28 Posts
February 04 2012 03:02 GMT
#1201
I get " A referral was returned from the server " when i try to open the installer. Any help plz? I really want to use this D:
I provide Graphic Design Services http://www.Craydesigns.com
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
February 04 2012 20:54 GMT
#1202
On February 01 2012 21:35 Hairy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 30 2012 14:11 pzea469 wrote:
On January 30 2012 08:52 Ruination wrote:
This mod should be really interesting for play. Just watched some replays to check out the differences. My only complaint is that Stalkers are practically fluorescent light bulbs :|

Maybe they should be put back, but given very deep coloured shields instead. The brightness of a unit that most players will mass is more distracting then helpful.


hmmm you might have watched an old video that was just a demonstration of making units more visible. That's the only time I made the stalkers glow like light bulbs.

Not surprising, as your OP has grown into a complete mess. It wouldn't hurt to clean it up:


TITLE

- Short introduction/explanation of what mod does and why you made it
- Pictures of before & after comparison shots* to show the change (using CURRENT version only!)
- Where to download the mod
- How to install the mod
- List of supporters of the mod (leagues / streams publicly using it)
- Details of mod safety (dustin browder's quote)
- Old versions and deails (HIDE THIS IN A QUOTE)
- Unrelated mods (HIDE THIS IN A QUOTE)



* I think showing COMPARISON is far more effective than simply providing screenshots. Comparison shots can be fairly easily gathered by pausing replays at the same moment in time, which is what I did for the zerg comparison shots. Go gather some more!


Yeah you're definitely right. It's very messy. I've just sort of been out of the Starcraft scene for a bit. I'll try and clean it up soon. And probably update the old videos I have on youtube. Thanks for the feedback.
Kill the Deathball
cray
Profile Joined August 2011
United States28 Posts
February 06 2012 02:18 GMT
#1203
When I tried opening the installer and it told me " A referral was returned from the server " I simply when to Control Panel > User accounts and family safety > User accounts > Change User Account Control settings > then restarted computer, and it worked perfectly fine for me :D Thanks again! Awesome mod.
I provide Graphic Design Services http://www.Craydesigns.com
Werx
Profile Joined August 2010
United States54 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-07 08:22:06
February 07 2012 07:55 GMT
#1204
I can't get this to work at all.

I've tried the installer and gotten the same "A referral was returned from the server" message over and over, even after trying the fixes in these threads. And I've now tried installing it the old way, copying textures/effects folders from the STC mpq to the blizzard one. That didn't do anything at all, oddly enough, I expected it bare minimum to mess up the original textures, but it did literally nothing.

Any ideas?

EDIT:Nvm. If you have problems like mine, try just copying over the individual files from mpq to mpq. In my case, it wouldn't let me drag over folders, so I had to make ones with the same names then drag the files over.
zXI_SyNapsE
Profile Joined June 2011
United States3 Posts
February 10 2012 23:47 GMT
#1205
I use an iMac for my gaming and streaming, and I want to download and use this mod, what can I do to get this into the MPQ files on my mac?
"Expect the Unexpected, but dont plan ahead."
EnKiiQ
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia6 Posts
February 12 2012 15:46 GMT
#1206
Awesome mod! Thx so much!
Listen more, stupid less.
ODKStevez
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland1225 Posts
February 12 2012 17:15 GMT
#1207
It is really cool, hopefully blizzard will implement this some day. It would be so cool.
Luppa <3
raVensc2
Profile Joined April 2011
116 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-14 09:20:28
February 14 2012 09:20 GMT
#1208
Errors which people encounter using my program should go into my thread, I'll see them a lot easier (I monitor that thread daily). As for the "A referral was returned from the server error", I'm trying to fix it asap, and while I thought I fixed it after applying an update, it turns out to have been the opposite.

Sorry for all that have/had this problem >_>
Freezzo
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands18 Posts
February 16 2012 23:56 GMT
#1209
Awesome mod. Seen it on ESV/Playhem streams quite a bit and decided to use it myself. Keep up the good work ^.^
Live to fight another day
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
February 16 2012 23:58 GMT
#1210
On February 17 2012 08:56 Freezzo wrote:
Awesome mod. Seen it on ESV/Playhem streams quite a bit and decided to use it myself. Keep up the good work ^.^

Yeah, I love seeing it in streams. I hardly even notice it when I play because I'm not focused on it, but it really improves the spectator experience when you see the color mod used on a stream IMO.
Cronosc2
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany108 Posts
February 18 2012 02:53 GMT
#1211
hey is any new update in plan ?
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
February 20 2012 05:49 GMT
#1212
S-W-E-E-T

Great mod, i liked it so much. Thanks for sharing :D!
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
llKenZyll
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States853 Posts
February 20 2012 05:55 GMT
#1213
On February 04 2012 12:02 cray wrote:
I get " A referral was returned from the server " when i try to open the installer. Any help plz? I really want to use this D:

Did you try downloading the actual mod?
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/nd6nd/tang_in_his_natural_habitat/
Vekalisk
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Australia137 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-22 09:43:51
February 22 2012 09:18 GMT
#1214
After downloading the latest patch the mod started back up again even though it disappeared with a previous update. How do I uninstall the mod completely? I'm having difficulties considering I have no clue where the backup is (this was over 6 months ago probably)
Twitter: @Vekalisk
NeMeSiS3
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Canada2972 Posts
February 22 2012 22:44 GMT
#1215
Is this a bannable offense?
FoTG fighting!
Siune
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland124 Posts
February 23 2012 08:48 GMT
#1216
On February 22 2012 18:18 Vekalisk wrote:
After downloading the latest patch the mod started back up again even though it disappeared with a previous update. How do I uninstall the mod completely? I'm having difficulties considering I have no clue where the backup is (this was over 6 months ago probably)


I got this problem too. I turned the stronger colors off long long time ago and now they reappeared after the patch? Can't yet figure out how to get the stronger colors off.
Until the very top it's about how much work you put into it.
MrChu
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1 Post
February 23 2012 20:50 GMT
#1217
does anyone know how to uninstall the dark stalker mod without having to reinstall the game? i would really appreciate it
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
February 23 2012 20:59 GMT
#1218
You can use the auto installer to uninstall/backup etc with everything you need in the other thread ^_^, works even with current patch.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Grinder354
Profile Joined February 2012
United States1 Post
February 24 2012 01:31 GMT
#1219
I finally got it to work on Mac for all of you who were wondering! Many of the instructions are relatively the same however this might provide ease to those still curious on how to do it.

I found an mpq extractor and compressor found here:
extractor: http://www.devklog.net/2007/02/09/mpq-extractor-10/
compressor: http://www.devklog.net/dropmpq/

1. download both of these files and the mod from pzea469
2. locate the enUS.SC2Assets file in Starcraft II/Mods/Liberty.SC2Mod folder and open it using the mpq extractor program
3. copy the STC mod as instructed before by merging the Textures folder so you now have a new folder, ready to be converted to mpq format
4. open the new enUS folder you just created using the dropMPQ compressor
5. put back into the Starcraft II/Mods/Liberty.SC2Mod folder
6. file will be saved as *something*.mpq. rename the folder enUS.SC2Assets as it originally was before adding the STC mod and the new colors should now work! (note: the color mod will not work if the folder is still under *something*.mpq, it must be renamed just by double clicking on it and retyping.)

Good Luck!
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
February 25 2012 05:27 GMT
#1220
For some reason I can't get rid of this mod with the installer, anyone know of an easy way to get rid of it without using MPQ editors?
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft363
Nina 151
ViBE117
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14272
firebathero 116
Hyuk 56
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm168
febbydoto96
League of Legends
Doublelift4041
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5456
Other Games
summit1g8978
FrodaN2195
JimRising 479
mouzStarbuck426
KnowMe223
ArmadaUGS123
Mew2King56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1157
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• musti20045 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 43m
INu's Battles
12h 43m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 43m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 43m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 43m
Replay Cast
23h 43m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.