• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8443 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 46

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 74 Next
Alejandrisha
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6566 Posts
October 25 2011 18:08 GMT
#901
On October 26 2011 03:02 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2011 02:51 Alejandrisha wrote:
i was watching orb stream the korean weekly and the banelings looked so plump and juicy. I could almost taste them!


I know what you mean man.

[image loading]

hahahahahaa that made my day. thank you
get rich or die mining
TL+ Member
megabluestar
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy21 Posts
October 26 2011 14:12 GMT
#902
Hi, i'm following with interest. Very nice work.
But i'd like to know, there are more mods? And how you do this?
Thanks.
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
October 26 2011 14:48 GMT
#903
I've been using this for ages now and I love it. It looked a little strange and over the top at first, but after a few games it became completely normal to look at.

I might get around to posting a few comparison pictures of the same scene with / without the mod on. This mod is a godsend earlygame ZvZ where it's ling + bling vs ling + bling.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
megabluestar
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy21 Posts
October 26 2011 15:17 GMT
#904
yeah, but i'm saying, if I wan't to get my own textures(for example shining marines) how can this be done?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 26 2011 17:26 GMT
#905
On October 26 2011 23:48 Hairy wrote:
I've been using this for ages now and I love it. It looked a little strange and over the top at first, but after a few games it became completely normal to look at.

I might get around to posting a few comparison pictures of the same scene with / without the mod on. This mod is a godsend earlygame ZvZ where it's ling + bling vs ling + bling.


That would be great to see from a zerg perspective, since that's perhaps the race that benefits from this the most.
Kill the Deathball
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-26 17:33:38
October 26 2011 17:30 GMT
#906
On October 27 2011 00:17 megabluestar wrote:
yeah, but i'm saying, if I wan't to get my own textures(for example shining marines) how can this be done?


Well this is where I sort of hit a brick wall. What's limiting me is the 3d importer exporter thing for sc2. When Blizzard releases, if ever, proper tools for that, then maybe I could go on, but right now I'm stuck. My idea was to make all units or at least most, as clear as the stalker and zealot are in the latest version. Or at least test that out since it went so well with them. But to add shine to marines they need to already have a shine on them. Then through photoshop I can tweak the shininess and what areas are affected and so forth. The thing is the marine has no shininess for me to even tweak. The solution is to go into 3ds max and add a shine texture to the 3d model. But the importer exporter keeps crashing when I try this, or it won't export, or it does, but then ingame the model is completely messed up. It's something I'll probably come back to once I have some off time, but that's where I'm currently at.

However, if all you want to do is simply edit textures. You need an mpq editor, and then open up the mpq file inside my download. In there youll find a bunch of textures. The diffuse ones are probably the ones to play around with first, and are the easiest to understand, so start there if you want to experiment. To edit the textures, you'll need photoshop and the nvidia dds plugin for it.
Kill the Deathball
Hairy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1169 Posts
October 26 2011 22:05 GMT
#907
On October 27 2011 02:26 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2011 23:48 Hairy wrote:
I've been using this for ages now and I love it. It looked a little strange and over the top at first, but after a few games it became completely normal to look at.

I might get around to posting a few comparison pictures of the same scene with / without the mod on. This mod is a godsend earlygame ZvZ where it's ling + bling vs ling + bling.


That would be great to see from a zerg perspective, since that's perhaps the race that benefits from this the most.

I think these are some pretty decent shots From a game I played last night

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 26 2011 22:19 GMT
#908
On October 27 2011 07:05 Hairy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 27 2011 02:26 pzea469 wrote:
On October 26 2011 23:48 Hairy wrote:
I've been using this for ages now and I love it. It looked a little strange and over the top at first, but after a few games it became completely normal to look at.

I might get around to posting a few comparison pictures of the same scene with / without the mod on. This mod is a godsend earlygame ZvZ where it's ling + bling vs ling + bling.


That would be great to see from a zerg perspective, since that's perhaps the race that benefits from this the most.

I think these are some pretty decent shots From a game I played last night

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


Thanks for the pics, I might put them in OP when I get home. I really wish I could've gotten the green goo to be team color too, but that's something the current 3d Importer Exporter still limits me on. Maybe in the future.
Kill the Deathball
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
October 26 2011 22:24 GMT
#909
I have been using this for a while now, and I can vouch for it. It is definitely much easier to see what is happening, especially on maps where the texture is similar to unit design colors, like Shakuras and Stalkers. It is also much nicer in late game battles. It is probably the most useful in mirror matchups, but still very useful in any matchup.
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 04:04:25
October 29 2011 04:02 GMT
#910
Cool info about this mod in the Reddit interview with Dustin Browder: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lsupz/finally_uploaded_rstarcraft_interviews_dustin/

+ Show Spoiler +
They like it a lot!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Silky
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States260 Posts
October 29 2011 04:43 GMT
#911
can this be downloaded on mac?
Have a good life
legendlazy
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom25 Posts
October 29 2011 14:19 GMT
#912
I installed this just now but I can't hear the queen, is there something I did wrong or is that normal with the mod?
Your pathetic magic betrays you!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 29 2011 18:56 GMT
#913
On October 29 2011 13:02 Diamond wrote:
Cool info about this mod in the Reddit interview with Dustin Browder: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lsupz/finally_uploaded_rstarcraft_interviews_dustin/

+ Show Spoiler +
They like it a lot!


Awesome! Looks like Blizzard is cool with it and pretty supportive. This was always one of my main goals with this mod, for Blizzard to take notice and at least think of perhaps incorporating something like this in the future, and help make SC2 be the best esport possible.
Kill the Deathball
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
October 30 2011 10:46 GMT
#914
On October 30 2011 03:56 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2011 13:02 Diamond wrote:
Cool info about this mod in the Reddit interview with Dustin Browder: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/lsupz/finally_uploaded_rstarcraft_interviews_dustin/

+ Show Spoiler +
They like it a lot!


Awesome! Looks like Blizzard is cool with it and pretty supportive. This was always one of my main goals with this mod, for Blizzard to take notice and at least think of perhaps incorporating something like this in the future, and help make SC2 be the best esport possible.


Well done, keep working on it though!! even small details like maybe evening out some of the really big solid colour faces, specially on lower settings where all the fancy glow isn't there.

It could take 2 expansions before we see a blizzard version
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
October 30 2011 10:50 GMT
#915
First time I see, that Blizzard reacts to custom made mod o_0
MeLo
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia192 Posts
October 30 2011 11:02 GMT
#916
I'm just wondering are you the same pzea from NLSC.
ChemBroTron
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany194 Posts
October 30 2011 11:04 GMT
#917
On October 30 2011 19:50 Existor wrote:
First time I see, that Blizzard reacts to custom made mod o_0


First time? Haven't they already said months ago, that they like that mod?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 30 2011 17:02 GMT
#918
On October 30 2011 20:02 MeLo wrote:
I'm just wondering are you the same pzea from NLSC.


haha, yeah that's me.
Kill the Deathball
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
October 30 2011 17:09 GMT
#919
First time? Haven't they already said months ago, that they like that mod?

Where?
TheSwamp
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1497 Posts
October 30 2011 17:26 GMT
#920
Is there any way you could have a download for just the units and none of the buildings?
MLG: How is your Protoss? Idra: I make Blink Stalkers, so really, really good.
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE68
Nina 59
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 196
Dewaltoss 81
Hyuk 62
Noble 25
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm108
League of Legends
Doublelift3948
Counter-Strike
Fnx 748
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5301
Khaldor764
Other Games
summit1g7887
FrodaN2138
shahzam496
JimRising 284
KnowMe278
C9.Mang0243
ArmadaUGS108
ZombieGrub93
Trikslyr42
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2605
Other Games
• imaqtpie862
• Shiphtur190
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 24m
Online Event
12h 24m
FEL
17h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.