• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8412 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 44

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 74 Next
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-28 02:41:01
September 28 2011 02:36 GMT
#861
On September 28 2011 11:18 Cire wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that I love this mod and I'm waiting for a version that works with 1.4 (and doesn't have whatever fungal bug you mention in the OP...I'm a Zerg so yeah).


This version works on 1.4, and the fungal bug mentioned earlier has been fixed a while ago. Fungal should actually be easier to see now than default textures.

I know things can be hard to find in threads like this though, so here's what i posted before:

[image loading]

I seem to have finally fixed it. Im not sure what regular fungal looked like anymore but I think this is shinier, more easy to see? Or maybe its actually the same idk, I'm tired lol. Click to zoom in.

EDIT: Just looked up a pic of regular fungal. My version is definitely easier to spot I think. Its definitely brighter. Zoom in on both images and compare.
[image loading]
Kill the Deathball
Cire
Profile Joined May 2010
United States23 Posts
September 29 2011 23:59 GMT
#862
Awesome, thank you for the info! I had to completely reinstall the game after 1.4 because it was trying to download ladder maps and giving me an error, so I came here to redownload it and saw the bug mentioned in the first post. Again, thanks for the info and for creating this awesome mod!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 02 2011 06:03 GMT
#863
Uploaded version 1.6. It only has a few updates for protoss that can be seen on OP. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for lack of updates, school is schooling me.
Kill the Deathball
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
October 02 2011 07:44 GMT
#864
Im downloading 1.6 now to check it out. I am running super low settings so will let you know how that works for me. thx
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 02 2011 07:54 GMT
#865
On October 02 2011 16:44 doomed wrote:
Im downloading 1.6 now to check it out. I am running super low settings so will let you know how that works for me. thx


hmmm I'd imagine the few changes I made for this version won't show up on the lowest settings. Since I believe the specular maps get completely ignored.
Kill the Deathball
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
October 02 2011 07:56 GMT
#866
Ah... that's a shame.
jakek95
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom351 Posts
October 02 2011 08:11 GMT
#867
How do you uninstall it?
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 02 2011 08:16 GMT
#868
On October 02 2011 17:11 jakek95 wrote:
How do you uninstall it?


to uninstall, simply remove the mpq file since there was originally no file there.
Kill the Deathball
raid3n
Profile Joined June 2007
United States58 Posts
October 02 2011 08:35 GMT
#869
Supporting this! Thanks for all the hard work, it looks great.
-Kyo-
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan1927 Posts
October 02 2011 08:39 GMT
#870
Nice update, especially since I play protoss ^_^. I still use this - And once they fix my internet at my dorms anyone will be able to see me playing with it in full HD. I may stream regardless of quality though, and maybe some tonight just while looking through the models.

Thanks again for this :D - Also, it would be sweet if you could coordinate with the guy doing the unit mods so that stronger colors work well with those units as well, assuming it is not as optimal as it could be. I havn't messed with them both installed yet.
Anime is cuter than you. Legacy of the Void GM Protoss Gameplay: twitch.tv/kyo7763 youtube.com/user/KyoStarcraft/
TL+ Member
Callynn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands917 Posts
October 02 2011 08:43 GMT
#871
While I do not have a lot of problems with teamcolors in general, I do find myself unable to distinguish green, orange and yellow (because I am colorblind). Fortunately these almost never oppose eachother in a game I want to spectate and in 4v4 I always turn on team color which gives me enough clarity.
Comparing BW with SCII is like comparing a beautiful three-master sailing ship with a modern battlecruiser. Both are beautiful in their own way, both perform the same task, but they are worlds apart in how they are built and how they are steered.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 02 2011 20:00 GMT
#872
On October 02 2011 17:39 tQKyo wrote:
Nice update, especially since I play protoss ^_^. I still use this - And once they fix my internet at my dorms anyone will be able to see me playing with it in full HD. I may stream regardless of quality though, and maybe some tonight just while looking through the models.

Thanks again for this :D - Also, it would be sweet if you could coordinate with the guy doing the unit mods so that stronger colors work well with those units as well, assuming it is not as optimal as it could be. I havn't messed with them both installed yet.


Hey I'm glad you like it. Can you tell me who the person is that does the unit mods? I'd love to see them.
Kill the Deathball
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
October 02 2011 20:36 GMT
#873
On October 03 2011 05:00 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 17:39 tQKyo wrote:
Nice update, especially since I play protoss ^_^. I still use this - And once they fix my internet at my dorms anyone will be able to see me playing with it in full HD. I may stream regardless of quality though, and maybe some tonight just while looking through the models.

Thanks again for this :D - Also, it would be sweet if you could coordinate with the guy doing the unit mods so that stronger colors work well with those units as well, assuming it is not as optimal as it could be. I havn't messed with them both installed yet.


Hey I'm glad you like it. Can you tell me who the person is that does the unit mods? I'd love to see them.

He's probably referring to Teliko's set: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262239
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 03 2011 02:02 GMT
#874
On October 03 2011 05:36 Daralii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2011 05:00 pzea469 wrote:
On October 02 2011 17:39 tQKyo wrote:
Nice update, especially since I play protoss ^_^. I still use this - And once they fix my internet at my dorms anyone will be able to see me playing with it in full HD. I may stream regardless of quality though, and maybe some tonight just while looking through the models.

Thanks again for this :D - Also, it would be sweet if you could coordinate with the guy doing the unit mods so that stronger colors work well with those units as well, assuming it is not as optimal as it could be. I havn't messed with them both installed yet.


Hey I'm glad you like it. Can you tell me who the person is that does the unit mods? I'd love to see them.

He's probably referring to Teliko's set: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=262239


Ohhh, cool stuff. I'll look into making it work for those models too in the next version
Kill the Deathball
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
October 03 2011 02:09 GMT
#875
To be honest, I'm weary of the overall changes... the total brighter overhaul, I love the Blizzard textures at the moment. Perfect look for Starcraft.

But, what I LOVE is the Banelings. Wow. All green in ZvZ is a nightmare. Banelings, and even the explosions of the goo, and possibly even Fungals.. should be the team color. That would be sooooooo fuckin dope. and really help out the Observing. Gold star for thinking outside the box man, at least for me, had never crossed my mind.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
October 07 2011 21:15 GMT
#876
I installed this and the change to Protoss and Terran textures is amazing. I'm iffy about the Zerg change though. While practically it is very good in identifying each team, all the units look like u slapped wall paint on them. I prefer a bit darker and more metallic look to the Zerg units. The problem with Blizz's textures with Zerg are that it is hard to distinguish between teams. I believe the answer is in the middle of the road.
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 09 2011 09:58 GMT
#877
On October 08 2011 06:15 ApocAlypsE007 wrote:
I installed this and the change to Protoss and Terran textures is amazing. I'm iffy about the Zerg change though. While practically it is very good in identifying each team, all the units look like u slapped wall paint on them. I prefer a bit darker and more metallic look to the Zerg units. The problem with Blizz's textures with Zerg are that it is hard to distinguish between teams. I believe the answer is in the middle of the road.


Yeah, I understand. I've been told before, and I will eventually get around to lowering the team color for Zerg. For lings though, since they're so small, i really thought it necessary to add more team color to them to make it more clear, but perhaps it could lose some as well. Thanks for the feedback.
Kill the Deathball
John Madden
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
American Samoa894 Posts
October 09 2011 11:07 GMT
#878
I want stronger team mates.
FOOTBALL
Marddox
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom108 Posts
October 09 2011 16:16 GMT
#879
This helps out alot. especially in zvz.
We didn't have no "4 gates" back in the probe drought, no sir! we only had 1 gate, chrono and probes to defend!
kef
Profile Joined September 2010
283 Posts
October 09 2011 16:31 GMT
#880
This is really cool, I'm debating getting the old BW sounds... that's something I've always wanted. I remember back in the beta when they were still using a lot of the button graphics from BW (like stim, etc) and I really wished they had kept them, it would have been cool to have some BW nostalgia (even though I always sucked at BW)
There are two kinds of people in this world: people who say there are two kinds of people in the world and people who know the first group of people are full of shit.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta16
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE63
Nina 41
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 210
Dewaltoss 95
Hyuk 59
Noble 21
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm112
League of Legends
Doublelift3948
Counter-Strike
Fnx 740
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5371
Khaldor754
Other Games
summit1g7887
FrodaN2138
shahzam506
KnowMe289
JimRising 253
C9.Mang0252
ZombieGrub99
ArmadaUGS98
Trikslyr39
PPMD35
CosmosSc2 20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH345
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2605
Other Games
• imaqtpie862
• Shiphtur158
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 25m
Online Event
12h 25m
FEL
17h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.