• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7863 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 74 Next
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
May 02 2011 07:55 GMT
#321
On May 02 2011 07:37 bkrow wrote:
Cool feature - i like the idea mentioned above about a toggle so you can turn it on and off :p

PvP zealot wars just got a lot simpler - pretty hard to micro someone elses zealot haha :p


If they do implement something like this in the game (it's probably possible to get Blizzard to support this by posting this on the forum but not providing a download link or anything), they definitely should allow you toggle it on and off .

Options in game ftw.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
haylmfao
Profile Joined January 2011
124 Posts
May 02 2011 07:58 GMT
#322
Yes this is definitely necessary, both for observers and ingame. Telling a pink zealot from a light pink zealot is virtually impossible with current unit models and coloring.
alokin
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada269 Posts
May 02 2011 08:02 GMT
#323
wow cool stuff really like the terran models and zerg however protoss doesn't seem like its too different from what exists already
twitch.tv/alokin1 come join me!
valheru
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia966 Posts
May 02 2011 08:22 GMT
#324
That is so awesome! this would help the spectators so much in ZvZ! Good job!
I reject your reality and substitute my own
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 08:45:45
May 02 2011 08:42 GMT
#325
blizz probably had something like this planned until we complained about it looking cartoony. if you go back and look at the protoss unveiling video, every unit is much more vibrant than their modern counterparts.

+ Show Spoiler +

+ Show Spoiler +
The Show of a Lifetime
Tonem
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia91 Posts
May 02 2011 08:50 GMT
#326
This is pretty awesome, I especially like the idea for mirror match-ups
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
May 02 2011 10:54 GMT
#327
Haha you need to caption that Baneling picture "Taste the Rainbow".

On topic, it looks good.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Barbiero
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Brazil5259 Posts
May 02 2011 11:49 GMT
#328
I just tested it with ZvT and ZvZ, and I have to say that it is FUCKING AWESOME.

idk why blizz didnt just leave it as an option.
Also, I do play on low, and yeah it feels kinda weird, but everything on low feels weird so there is no problem.

I wonder if this would give me some sort of advantage on battle tho lol
♥ The world needs more hearts! ♥
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
May 02 2011 11:56 GMT
#329
Yeah the coloring is cool for realism but bad for esports/ladder.
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
OwlHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
United States53 Posts
May 02 2011 13:01 GMT
#330
I like it in some ways, but it does seem a bit gaudy. I think some of the structures can stay the way they are, but the ling/baneling switches are really helpful.
yallayalla
Profile Joined March 2011
25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 13:23:36
May 02 2011 13:14 GMT
#331
Since i havent seen anyone talking about this clearly:


This is against the Blizzard ToS/eula, right?

edit: nvm found the response on page 12.

might be good to include that into your original post.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 13:45:00
May 02 2011 13:40 GMT
#332
On May 02 2011 22:14 yallayalla wrote:
Since i havent seen anyone talking about this clearly:


This is against the Blizzard ToS/eula, right?

edit: nvm found the response on page 12.

might be good to include that into your original post.


I originally did have a warning on it but a mod deleted it lol. Probably a misunderstanding.
I'll add one that isn't as strong. I'll also remove that thing about it looking strange on low since many say it works fine.
Kill the Deathball
Encrypto
Profile Joined August 2010
United States442 Posts
May 03 2011 13:33 GMT
#333
On May 02 2011 09:38 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 08:01 Encrypto wrote:
I didn't know what I would think of this at first, but after watching that video, I really love your idea. It's so easy to differentiate between players and see exactly what is going on. I think you may be onto something here.


Yeah I really think the textures make the game a lot clearer, and I believe they would help spectators out quite a bit. I just wish I could get someone important to give them a try. Some pro like Incontrol or Idra, or someone known in the community, or something, just so they can give their thoughts. Their feedback might be interesting since they play the game SO much.

And for people saying they didnt like the spawning pool in the video, it's been changed, the video is a bit outdated now. If you try the textures, the liquid in the pool is still green. Same with the dots on the queen. Banshee has more team color plus some yellow with black stripes on it to help differentiate. And some other changes that I can't think of.

I'd post another video but It would probably be better if someone who regularly makes videos could try this and throw one on youtube. Or if someone that streams hq gave them a try.


Have you tried PMing one of them? I think many of them reply to people's messages. Try Artosis too.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
May 03 2011 17:57 GMT
#334
On May 03 2011 22:33 Encrypto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 09:38 pzea469 wrote:
On May 02 2011 08:01 Encrypto wrote:
I didn't know what I would think of this at first, but after watching that video, I really love your idea. It's so easy to differentiate between players and see exactly what is going on. I think you may be onto something here.


Yeah I really think the textures make the game a lot clearer, and I believe they would help spectators out quite a bit. I just wish I could get someone important to give them a try. Some pro like Incontrol or Idra, or someone known in the community, or something, just so they can give their thoughts. Their feedback might be interesting since they play the game SO much.

And for people saying they didnt like the spawning pool in the video, it's been changed, the video is a bit outdated now. If you try the textures, the liquid in the pool is still green. Same with the dots on the queen. Banshee has more team color plus some yellow with black stripes on it to help differentiate. And some other changes that I can't think of.

I'd post another video but It would probably be better if someone who regularly makes videos could try this and throw one on youtube. Or if someone that streams hq gave them a try.


Have you tried PMing one of them? I think many of them reply to people's messages. Try Artosis too.


Hmmm good idea. I think ill try that in the coming days.
Kill the Deathball
yarkO
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada810 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 00:06:56
May 03 2011 23:48 GMT
#335
Hey Pzea I've been using this for a while now and I really enjoy the enhanced colours. It's quite refreshing and helps out quite a bit.

I'm not sure if it's been updated yet or not, but the version I'm using still has Marauders that are virtually impossible to differentiate from Marines. Has a more recent version been released to address this?

On that note, it would be really helpful if you made a little 'Change Log' or at least 'Changed-on Log' in the OP so that I can keep up to date with this

Thanks again!
When you are prepared, there's no such thing as pressure.
Whiplash
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2929 Posts
May 04 2011 00:04 GMT
#336
I use the texture pack and stream on vt gaming chan a lot, it is fucking fantastic. So nice to use on the high/ultra settings.
Cinematographer / Steadicam Operator. Former Starcraft commentator/player
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
May 04 2011 04:15 GMT
#337
On May 04 2011 09:04 Whiplash wrote:
I use the texture pack and stream on vt gaming chan a lot, it is fucking fantastic. So nice to use on the high/ultra settings.


Im glad you enjoy it. Please send me a link to ur stream so I can throw it in the op.
Kill the Deathball
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
May 04 2011 04:18 GMT
#338
On May 04 2011 08:48 yarkO wrote:
Hey Pzea I've been using this for a while now and I really enjoy the enhanced colours. It's quite refreshing and helps out quite a bit.

I'm not sure if it's been updated yet or not, but the version I'm using still has Marauders that are virtually impossible to differentiate from Marines. Has a more recent version been released to address this?

On that note, it would be really helpful if you made a little 'Change Log' or at least 'Changed-on Log' in the OP so that I can keep up to date with this

Thanks again!


Sorry ive been a bit busy but ill get on it soon. Im still not sure exactly what to do with the marauders but I guess I can start by reverting them like they were but with the team color still strong. I will try and write a changelog
Kill the Deathball
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
May 04 2011 06:34 GMT
#339
I would use them if they got a tiny bit of finise to the actual colours, like a lot of the blue colours are just so... strong blue that it looks horrible specially on low shaders.

Banelings looks a bit sad, even though colouring the back of them is a great idea, its just too intense and ruins the look and feel a bit I think.

Other units look awesome, I guess all im saying is it just needs a bit of balancing.
Pwere
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1557 Posts
May 05 2011 04:44 GMT
#340
Is it possible to actually change the team colors as well?
I'd love to change the ridiculous green/red to something actually easy to differentiate, or change the pink to something that doesn't look like minerals.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 271
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 274
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 807
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g14492
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter148
• practicex 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 16m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 16m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 16m
Replay Cast
19h 16m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.