• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:16
CEST 18:16
KST 01:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8872 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 74 Next
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 30 2011 06:08 GMT
#281
On April 30 2011 11:33 DannyJ wrote:
I hardly think this can be "legal". It definitely can make an uneven playing field; the ghost example is a good example.


I'm not sure I understand the ghost example. Do you mean changing what the ghost looks like while cloaked, enabling you to see your opponents ghosts without detection? If so, then that doesn't work because you wont see the textures until you have detection. Or does the example mean something else?
Kill the Deathball
TehForce
Profile Joined July 2010
1072 Posts
April 30 2011 06:30 GMT
#282
Short reminder: If you edit your mpq-files you risk getting your sc2-account banned. Doesn't matter if the "hack" is helpful or not.
NesTea <3
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-30 06:38:39
April 30 2011 06:38 GMT
#283
On April 30 2011 15:08 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 11:33 DannyJ wrote:
I hardly think this can be "legal". It definitely can make an uneven playing field; the ghost example is a good example.


I'm not sure I understand the ghost example. Do you mean changing what the ghost looks like while cloaked, enabling you to see your opponents ghosts without detection? If so, then that doesn't work because you wont see the textures until you have detection. Or does the example mean something else?


No not really with the detection. I mean you can make the ghosts look visually different from the rest of the terran army. Sometimes it's hard to pin point them when they are in a bio ball and you want to feedback them, etc. If they had their colors somehow changed to stick out more it would give a slight advantage you otherwise wouldnt have. Maybe a small advantage but an advantage none the less.

RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
April 30 2011 06:40 GMT
#284
I don't like this. I don't have any problems with team colours, nor have I ever.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
The Touch
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom667 Posts
April 30 2011 11:59 GMT
#285
On April 28 2011 05:30 The Touch wrote:
Just from watching the videos the 2 things that I can think of that I would prefer (I can't talk for other people, of course):

1) Protoss would look better with more areas of team colour instead of just the super glowy look (like the way you changed probes to have the stripe).
2) Converseley, Lings now look like big blobs of team colour and Marauders look like big marines. Neither of them really need retexturing other than the stronger team colour.

Things that are awesome

1) Drones - they look fantastic with their colours actually showing
2) Zerg/Protoss buildings - I really love how the team colours show up more on these buildings without making them look silly.
3) Probes - the stripe is brilliant


So having actually played with the download a little I would say...

Zerg

Units

1) Hydras also have too much colour. I think the tail is the main problem.

Buildings

Many zerg buildings have too much/too strong colour. They look particularly bad when morphing in. The strong 'bubble' colour really clashes with the softer-looking creep.

1) Spine/Spore Crawlers - the base disc doesn't need colour
2) Spawning Pool & Roach Warren - much the same as the Crawlers, the colour around the bottom of the buildings just feels too bold.
3) Baneling Nest - the overhanging arms are too strong
4) Hatch/Lair/Hive - especially hatch. Just overpowers the screen.

Protoss

Units

1) Colossus blends in a little too much with the deathball. I think if you removed/weakened the colour on the legs they would be more easily distinguishable among a deathball because the shiny gold would stand out more, while still retaining the team colour in the head.

Buildings

Pylons look a little strange for a second when they're warping in (the pylon turns solid team colour and then instantly switches to a regular pylon).

Terran

Units

1) Marauder has too many team colour areas now. Just increasing the strength of existing colours would have been absolutely fine.

Other than that, everything is awesome (that I've seen). I especially love the zerg extractor, the protoss probe, and the terran viking.
You Got The Touch
annYeong(o11)
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada784 Posts
April 30 2011 12:23 GMT
#286
It's really nice, especially the white, even in 15 player games there's no white option

Not willing to edit the mpq to get them though, I fear the banhammer.
Founder of the KiWiKaKi Fanclub: teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=188537 my keyboard is like half broken. like terran. please ignore typos, thanks
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 30 2011 17:54 GMT
#287
On April 30 2011 20:59 The Touch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 05:30 The Touch wrote:
Just from watching the videos the 2 things that I can think of that I would prefer (I can't talk for other people, of course):

1) Protoss would look better with more areas of team colour instead of just the super glowy look (like the way you changed probes to have the stripe).
2) Converseley, Lings now look like big blobs of team colour and Marauders look like big marines. Neither of them really need retexturing other than the stronger team colour.

Things that are awesome

1) Drones - they look fantastic with their colours actually showing
2) Zerg/Protoss buildings - I really love how the team colours show up more on these buildings without making them look silly.
3) Probes - the stripe is brilliant


So having actually played with the download a little I would say...

Zerg

Units

1) Hydras also have too much colour. I think the tail is the main problem.

Buildings

Many zerg buildings have too much/too strong colour. They look particularly bad when morphing in. The strong 'bubble' colour really clashes with the softer-looking creep.

1) Spine/Spore Crawlers - the base disc doesn't need colour
2) Spawning Pool & Roach Warren - much the same as the Crawlers, the colour around the bottom of the buildings just feels too bold.
3) Baneling Nest - the overhanging arms are too strong
4) Hatch/Lair/Hive - especially hatch. Just overpowers the screen.

Protoss

Units

1) Colossus blends in a little too much with the deathball. I think if you removed/weakened the colour on the legs they would be more easily distinguishable among a deathball because the shiny gold would stand out more, while still retaining the team colour in the head.

Buildings

Pylons look a little strange for a second when they're warping in (the pylon turns solid team colour and then instantly switches to a regular pylon).

Terran

Units

1) Marauder has too many team colour areas now. Just increasing the strength of existing colours would have been absolutely fine.

Other than that, everything is awesome (that I've seen). I especially love the zerg extractor, the protoss probe, and the terran viking.


Great feedback. I will probably end up toning down the team color for zerg a tad since others have told me this as well. I like what you said about the Colossus and removing team color from the legs. I think that's an excellent idea.

Yeah i realize the pylon thing, i'll fix that.
Kill the Deathball
Pacman234
Profile Joined December 2010
United States88 Posts
April 30 2011 18:21 GMT
#288
One thing I noticed is that for terrans, the medivac pulses a reddish pink color when its healing. I think it should be turned to the team's color, it'd make it even easier to tell whose medivac is whose.
Nadagast
Profile Joined January 2009
United States245 Posts
May 01 2011 02:44 GMT
#289
Arg I wanna use this but I don't wanna get banned
Ch0nG
Profile Joined April 2011
United States9 Posts
May 01 2011 02:47 GMT
#290
I've tried this out and I play on low graphics settings and I think it still looks nice. Well as nice as it can look on low settings lol.
冲真棒
Whisperkill
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada76 Posts
May 01 2011 04:08 GMT
#291
This is a nice idea. Although, I wonder if you might be annoyed by the brightness of the color, maybe it's all about getting used to it. It also remembers me a lot of warcraft 2 colors so it's awesome!
RIP 우정호, best broodwar player.
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
May 01 2011 04:15 GMT
#292
Honestly, I really like the change. It really makes the team colors pop and become very noticeable.
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
BushidoSnipr
Profile Joined November 2010
United States910 Posts
May 01 2011 04:19 GMT
#293
This would be AWESOME!!!! Wouldn't hinder the game and make everything look cooler. Especially the baneling explosion...
Geovu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Estonia1344 Posts
May 01 2011 04:45 GMT
#294
On May 01 2011 11:44 Nadagast wrote:
Arg I wanna use this but I don't wanna get banned

You won't. Blizzard hasn't banned anyone and people like pzea have been doing this since the beta.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
May 01 2011 22:07 GMT
#295
On May 01 2011 11:47 Ch0nG wrote:
I've tried this out and I play on low graphics settings and I think it still looks nice. Well as nice as it can look on low settings lol.

Good, im glad to hear that. Maybe its still a good option on low then.
Kill the Deathball
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
May 01 2011 22:16 GMT
#296
This is definitely an improvement. Now if only this could become standard, or an option you could toggle on/off, or a slider where you can choose how strong you want those team colors to show.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
Coolguy
Profile Joined January 2011
68 Posts
May 01 2011 22:24 GMT
#297
wow this is so cool! i can never identify those zealots in pvp sometimes even in my own games rofl(diamond league)
BandonBanshee
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada437 Posts
May 01 2011 22:25 GMT
#298
This is amazing, Just yesterday I played 2v2 that was Z-Z vs Z-Z ....and needless to say everyone opened speedlings.
Carkis
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada302 Posts
May 01 2011 22:27 GMT
#299
I thinkthis would be a great feature for blizz to refine and give as an option for players/ tournis based on preference
Buffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden665 Posts
May 01 2011 22:35 GMT
#300
Dunno, feelt great looking at the zvz fight, but if you look at the pvp fight there, Just feelt weird, same with the spawning pool. Bu thats just me. Aint against it, but aint for it. Fine with me either way. ^_^
Yes I am
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM232
TaKeTV 127
IndyStarCraft 15
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1493
RotterdaM 189
ByuN 114
BRAT_OK 7
IndyStarCraft 0
MaxPax 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4182
Bisu 1027
Shuttle 1002
Stork 525
BeSt 383
Mini 346
EffOrt 308
actioN 282
Rush 257
Horang2 251
[ Show more ]
hero 124
Mind 121
Light 100
Yoon 88
910 84
Zeus 72
Mong 60
Barracks 60
Snow 60
sorry 46
Shinee 41
Sea.KH 41
JYJ 31
HiyA 31
Terrorterran 27
Killer 25
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 23
Sexy 18
yabsab 16
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 11
zelot 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5949
qojqva2920
Dendi1305
Counter-Strike
fl0m3337
Fnx 726
Other Games
singsing2523
hiko873
ceh9467
Beastyqt459
Livibee329
XBOCT290
Hui .235
XaKoH 146
Trikslyr56
QueenE32
Chillindude20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2979
Other Games
• Shiphtur194
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.