• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:43
CEST 05:43
KST 12:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7967 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 74 Next
Ch0nG
Profile Joined April 2011
United States9 Posts
April 29 2011 06:52 GMT
#261
I really like how this looks. Definitely going to try this out for myself.
冲真棒
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
April 29 2011 07:07 GMT
#262
I just send an email to Blizzard Support, let's see what they tell us.
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
April 29 2011 08:36 GMT
#263
Also, any help for Mac/OSX users to get these textures?
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
Raagruk
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada66 Posts
April 29 2011 08:38 GMT
#264
i love this!
Be Bloody, Bold and Resolute.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-29 19:01:38
April 29 2011 18:53 GMT
#265
On April 29 2011 15:22 doomed wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 13:43 pzea469 wrote:
On April 29 2011 13:34 doomed wrote:
I am playing Zerg on low settings and I gotta say, specially the standard ladder blue is a bit too harsh/ too blue for my liking. I like that its easier to identify everything but its a bit too much on specially a lot of buildings and eg. the Roach is nearly 100% blue. which messes a bit too much with the feel of zerg. Overall its pretty great.


thanks for the feedback. i have yet to try it on low but i will do that soon and see for myself. on high the roach doesnt seem to have this problem.


Part of the issue is that on low you dont have any glow effects or shine to distract you, you see it all as it is, and its all texture. So the massive amount of color is just a big blob of color without much detail to it, it feels like because the roach is more blue than roach




Ohhh I see. Well I guess these textures don't work too good on low then :/
Maybe some other time I'll try to adapt them to low graphics settings, but until then I guess these textures aren't suitable for low. I'll update OP with that.
Kill the Deathball
Nightcrawler
Profile Joined August 2010
52 Posts
April 29 2011 20:47 GMT
#266
i like it gl with that idea.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-29 23:28:03
April 29 2011 23:26 GMT
#267
Updated the OP with my stream link. I don't stream too often, cuz of school, but I'll try to stream more so you guys can see the textures in action. I'll try streaming for a bit, but probably not for long since i'm pretty sick and have a fever. But in the future if you guys want to see what the textures would look like with someone streaming, you should check if I'm online.
Kill the Deathball
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
April 29 2011 23:29 GMT
#268
Given the opporunity for abuse by changing the colour of ghosts or something, surely Blizzard wouldn't endorse changing the game colours? I appreciate that's not the point and I'd absolutely love to use the new textures but I can't see it being risk free in terms of banning?
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
April 29 2011 23:32 GMT
#269
On April 30 2011 08:29 Iyerbeth wrote:
Given the opporunity for abuse by changing the colour of ghosts or something, surely Blizzard wouldn't endorse changing the game colours? I appreciate that's not the point and I'd absolutely love to use the new textures but I can't see it being risk free in terms of banning?

This also worries me. I really want to use this, but I'm too afraid of the banhammer D:
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-30 00:00:39
April 30 2011 00:00 GMT
#270
On April 30 2011 08:32 ClysmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 08:29 Iyerbeth wrote:
Given the opporunity for abuse by changing the colour of ghosts or something, surely Blizzard wouldn't endorse changing the game colours? I appreciate that's not the point and I'd absolutely love to use the new textures but I can't see it being risk free in terms of banning?

This also worries me. I really want to use this, but I'm too afraid of the banhammer D:


Ya... i know a couple people messaged blizzard to ask if this thing is okay

im looking forward to hearing back from what they have to say

all of that aside.. i would love to have the oponents red army with a florescent green ghost in the middle.

Any way we can make cloaked units florescent orange?

Id also love it if we could change the MPQ to make the life bars appear less cluttered


http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 30 2011 00:01 GMT
#271
On April 30 2011 08:32 ClysmiC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 08:29 Iyerbeth wrote:
Given the opporunity for abuse by changing the colour of ghosts or something, surely Blizzard wouldn't endorse changing the game colours? I appreciate that's not the point and I'd absolutely love to use the new textures but I can't see it being risk free in terms of banning?

This also worries me. I really want to use this, but I'm too afraid of the banhammer D:


Yeah I understand. People, including me, have been customizing things since beta though and no one has been banned or warned. I don't think theres any danger, but I cant promise so I understand the fear :/
Kill the Deathball
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
April 30 2011 00:16 GMT
#272
checked out the stream, the colors look awesome
ima download that stuff tonight!

ur open is pretty solid, but I duno if you usehotkeys or have them hidden, but make sure you have your nexus' and robos hotkeyed so you can build while you are attacking

your probe production kinda fell apart, make sure you fully saturate

and for PvP, you dont want to attack as soon as you expand. you want to either 4-gate / 1-base colosus all-in, or 2-base colossus all-in

personally i prefer the 1-base colosus all-in but to each his own

(there are other builds too that are viabble, but Colosus is standard and will get u to masters easy enough if you can get ur apm up)
http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
Nadrav
Profile Joined April 2010
United States86 Posts
April 30 2011 00:18 GMT
#273
Ya, some of the buildings and units have too much color in my opinion, but I like where you're going with this.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 30 2011 02:09 GMT
#274
On April 30 2011 09:16 Roxy wrote:
checked out the stream, the colors look awesome
ima download that stuff tonight!

ur open is pretty solid, but I duno if you usehotkeys or have them hidden, but make sure you have your nexus' and robos hotkeyed so you can build while you are attacking

your probe production kinda fell apart, make sure you fully saturate

and for PvP, you dont want to attack as soon as you expand. you want to either 4-gate / 1-base colosus all-in, or 2-base colossus all-in

personally i prefer the 1-base colosus all-in but to each his own

(there are other builds too that are viabble, but Colosus is standard and will get u to masters easy enough if you can get ur apm up)


Thanks for the tips man, I'll keep that stuff in mind the next time I play
Kill the Deathball
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
April 30 2011 02:11 GMT
#275
Love it, 100% in support of this. It makes the game a lot cleaner.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-30 02:38:27
April 30 2011 02:33 GMT
#276
I hardly think this can be "legal". It definitely can make an uneven playing field; the ghost example is a good example. Interesting that Blizz doesnt really directly discourage it though, if that's true.
wankey
Profile Joined May 2010
98 Posts
April 30 2011 02:34 GMT
#277
Wow at first I was like what a load of crap. Then I was addicted to the stronger team colors. The original Starcraft had incredibly strong team colors, and Blizzard needs to seriously look into this.

Obviously they can take it to another level but the current team colors don't represent an eSport. They need to be far stronger, I hate how the community wanted washed out colors, but great team color + good grunge style design can make it stand out while not looking crappy.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
April 30 2011 02:37 GMT
#278
I like it alot, but the colors on the zerg units/structures look a bit overboard and akward dont you think?
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
Bob300
Profile Joined April 2010
United States505 Posts
April 30 2011 02:46 GMT
#279
Omg these pictures make them game look so much better, even if you are playing just by yourself. Blizzard should make the graphics even better and more detailed plus putting these types of colors in. That would make sc2 even that much better.
NYC Suburbs --- College Freshman --- Season 1 - Drone Whiskey
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
April 30 2011 03:22 GMT
#280
wow. I just downloaded and tried it out. It looks really great. Especially Zerg, in my opinion.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 256
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 274
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 818
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g13474
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1291
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 17m
Replay Cast
19h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.