• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:44
CEST 05:44
KST 12:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7895 users

Stronger Team Color - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 74 Next
The Touch
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom667 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-27 21:12:34
April 27 2011 20:30 GMT
#241
Just from watching the videos the 2 things that I can think of that I would prefer (I can't talk for other people, of course):

1) Protoss would look better with more areas of team colour instead of just the super glowy look (like the way you changed probes to have the stripe).
2) Converseley, Lings now look like big blobs of team colour and Marauders look like big marines. Neither of them really need retexturing other than the stronger team colour.

Things that are awesome

1) Drones - they look fantastic with their colours actually showing
2) Zerg/Protoss buildings - I really love how the team colours show up more on these buildings without making them look silly.
3) Probes - the stripe is brilliant
You Got The Touch
saxonhamish
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia18 Posts
April 27 2011 23:58 GMT
#242
My Opinion:

I don't think Terran needs any colour change. I have never had a problem telling any terran units from one another.

I like the Protoss colour changes.

I think the Zerg needs more colour for sure, but not quite to your extent, looks like a kid drew on them with crayons. Scale that back a bit.
x6Paramore
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada130 Posts
April 28 2011 00:16 GMT
#243
Can you please mod Terran ghosts to be completely neon pink or white or some yellow so that we can see them in huge bio balls? That'd be great thanks!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 28 2011 00:57 GMT
#244
On April 28 2011 05:10 twstdletz wrote:
I posted earlier before you had the dl-able mods. I really want to download this as I am color blind and get SOOO confused sometimes in 2v2/ 3v3 (also because I usually only play those when im dead tired lol.) I sent blizz support an email documenting my install of it and requesting a response indicating whether this is allowed or not. I doubt they'll actually care/pay attention but theres a chance ill get the OK in which case ill post it here. I am not 100% color blind but I have trouble distinguishing between pretty much any colors. I can tell something is colored, and usually tell things apart if I look and focus but stuff like zergling battles get really hellish for me sometimes (I'll think I'm owning and getting a pimp surround with my reinforcements when really I just got flanked and am currently getting crushed )


Hey, I really hope these textures help you out. I'd be glad to hear if you can make better distinctions after using this. The game can already be confusing without color blindness so hopefully this helps, at least somewhat. And yeah, 2v2s and such can be bad, with blue and teal especially. This will make the colors stronger which should help, but unfortunately blue and teal are just similar colors, especially in darker maps. I don't play many 2v2s though, so let me know if you find it better or the same.
Kill the Deathball
QueQue
Profile Joined March 2011
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 04:39:26
April 28 2011 04:32 GMT
#245
EDIT: All fixed ^^ Looks great!
"You get old when your regrets replace your dreams"
Crais
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2136 Posts
April 28 2011 04:34 GMT
#246
Woah thats pretty cool actually
RIP MBC Game Hero
BadWolf0
Profile Joined September 2010
United States300 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 18:47:48
April 28 2011 18:47 GMT
#247
let me know if you find it better or the same.


soooo... muuuuuch.... better. I can't express how much I love this. No response yet from blizz but if they ban me for this I'll raise holy hell with a terrible platinum league w/l ratio to back up the fact that im not hacking. I CAN ACTUALLY TELL WHATS GOING ON IN ZERGLING FIGHTS. Color blindness has very rarely impeded me before but team games really were headache inducing for me and now they aren't. thank you.

edit: and as I said earlier collosi look BADASS
All hail the Queen!!!
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 28 2011 19:42 GMT
#248
On April 29 2011 03:47 twstdletz wrote:
Show nested quote +
let me know if you find it better or the same.


soooo... muuuuuch.... better. I can't express how much I love this. No response yet from blizz but if they ban me for this I'll raise holy hell with a terrible platinum league w/l ratio to back up the fact that im not hacking. I CAN ACTUALLY TELL WHATS GOING ON IN ZERGLING FIGHTS. Color blindness has very rarely impeded me before but team games really were headache inducing for me and now they aren't. thank you.

edit: and as I said earlier collosi look BADASS


Im very happy to hear that it helped. Hopefully you'll win more zergling fights from now on lol. And yeah, I wouldn't count on Blizzard responding, or giving the OK. I don't think they really mind people editing textures, but they definitely don't want to encourage people messing with game files. Blizz is more focused on people actually hacking it seems. Theres soo many people using custom textures and sounds and I havn't heard of anyone getting banned for it. But still, use at your own risk.
Kill the Deathball
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
April 28 2011 19:43 GMT
#249
The improved color zergling picture made me realize that starcraft may have a future in fruit snacks =)
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 28 2011 19:51 GMT
#250
On April 29 2011 04:43 kNightLite wrote:
The improved color zergling picture made me realize that starcraft may have a future in fruit snacks =)

Hahahaha you should let blizzard know. Baneling gummies sound good
Kill the Deathball
joxlaxi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden12 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-28 20:15:03
April 28 2011 20:12 GMT
#251
On April 29 2011 04:51 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:43 kNightLite wrote:
The improved color zergling picture made me realize that starcraft may have a future in fruit snacks =)

Hahahaha you should let blizzard know. Baneling gummies sound good

Hey, may I request that you add that "glow" effect into the downloaded textures? The one that made the stalkers really SHINE. Thanks
THANK YOU btw, made starcraft SOO much sexier...helps alot in big zergling battles and such
rave master
DomiNater
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States527 Posts
April 28 2011 20:27 GMT
#252
This mod is Amazing!!! <333

Absolutely love it man, keep up the great work!
After I captured the elephant in the room, swept her under the rug for the hell of it... I welcome you to the melting through, of a planet that was selfish in its development of a healthy view.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
April 29 2011 04:32 GMT
#253
On April 29 2011 05:12 joxlaxi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 04:51 pzea469 wrote:
On April 29 2011 04:43 kNightLite wrote:
The improved color zergling picture made me realize that starcraft may have a future in fruit snacks =)

Hahahaha you should let blizzard know. Baneling gummies sound good

Hey, may I request that you add that "glow" effect into the downloaded textures? The one that made the stalkers really SHINE. Thanks
THANK YOU btw, made starcraft SOO much sexier...helps alot in big zergling battles and such


i might upload different versions of units i made so people can use what they want. But id probably post those somewhere else since i want the textures in this thread to focus more on clarity while changing as little about the style of units as possible
Kill the Deathball
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
April 29 2011 04:34 GMT
#254
I am playing Zerg on low settings and I gotta say, specially the standard ladder blue is a bit too harsh/ too blue for my liking. I like that its easier to identify everything but its a bit too much on specially a lot of buildings and eg. the Roach is nearly 100% blue. which messes a bit too much with the feel of zerg. Overall its pretty great.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-29 04:45:51
April 29 2011 04:43 GMT
#255
On April 29 2011 13:34 doomed wrote:
I am playing Zerg on low settings and I gotta say, specially the standard ladder blue is a bit too harsh/ too blue for my liking. I like that its easier to identify everything but its a bit too much on specially a lot of buildings and eg. the Roach is nearly 100% blue. which messes a bit too much with the feel of zerg. Overall its pretty great.


thanks for the feedback. i have yet to try it on low but i will do that soon and see for myself. on high the roach doesnt seem to have this problem.
Kill the Deathball
x-Catalyst
Profile Joined August 2010
United States921 Posts
April 29 2011 04:46 GMT
#256
The violet units/buildings look so pretty~
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
April 29 2011 06:22 GMT
#257
On April 29 2011 13:43 pzea469 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2011 13:34 doomed wrote:
I am playing Zerg on low settings and I gotta say, specially the standard ladder blue is a bit too harsh/ too blue for my liking. I like that its easier to identify everything but its a bit too much on specially a lot of buildings and eg. the Roach is nearly 100% blue. which messes a bit too much with the feel of zerg. Overall its pretty great.


thanks for the feedback. i have yet to try it on low but i will do that soon and see for myself. on high the roach doesnt seem to have this problem.


Part of the issue is that on low you dont have any glow effects or shine to distract you, you see it all as it is, and its all texture. So the massive amount of color is just a big blob of color without much detail to it, it feels like because the roach is more blue than roach

TENTHST
Profile Joined December 2010
United States204 Posts
April 29 2011 06:24 GMT
#258
looks great


i strongly agree with the idea of more defined colors.
hmunkey
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom1973 Posts
April 29 2011 06:27 GMT
#259
Stronger colors would be really useful from an ESPORTS spectating point of view, so I don;t see why not. They could use a little refinement sure, but it's still a step up.
CookieMaker
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada880 Posts
April 29 2011 06:36 GMT
#260
This is AWESOME!!! The units look SO much cooler. I'm a huge supporter and I hope blizz implements even a fraction of this.
Micro your Macro
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 256
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 274
Dewaltoss 174
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
JimRising 818
Counter-Strike
taco 353
Other Games
summit1g13474
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1291
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo824
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 17m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 17m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 17m
Replay Cast
19h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.