• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:40
CEST 00:40
KST 07:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8316 users

Tips you would give to help improve the NASL - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 115 116 117 Next
chocopan
Profile Joined April 2010
Japan986 Posts
April 13 2011 02:03 GMT
#21
Disagree. Dreamhack was impossible for me to watch so I can't compare, but:

- sound is satisfactory
- casters are as good as any pair are starting off, and I like Gretorp, he is plain good
- don't really care about graphics quality, I barely notice such things, I guess for an observer cast you may as well but really it's not important
- the fact it's cast from replays means it's not going to crash because of battlenet

- I really liked the 3d overview of the maps at the start
- the quality of the games so far has been fine
- the profiling of the players was pretty good and I'm sure will get even better as they progress

Probably the one critical ob I personally agree with is there has been a bit of a disproportionate focus on Grubby and his activity and I don't really get to see so much what moon is doing.

But in all I think it's an excellent start for the NASL. Good job boys!
Dance those ultras
TehSuper
Profile Joined March 2011
Mexico11 Posts
April 13 2011 02:04 GMT
#22
-Mic quality
-Give the casters a break I know they will get better as the league goes
-Music
-Missing key points in the game

I'm from Mexico and I had NO LAG whatsoever at 1080p (10mbs connection)
The all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Uhh Negative
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1090 Posts
April 13 2011 02:04 GMT
#23
Wow so much hate on Gretorp. I could watch his stream and listen to him for hours.
Phaded
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia579 Posts
April 13 2011 02:04 GMT
#24
On April 13 2011 10:57 elsx wrote:
-The fact it's cast from replays means we don't get to see or feel any emotional connection with the players.


This is false.
The games are casted live over the internet and recorded to video. The video is then broadcast after post production.

Remove it from the list please before more misinformation spreads
I am down but I am far from over
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
April 13 2011 02:04 GMT
#25
On April 13 2011 10:36 archflames wrote:
Just as the title says, i decided to make a thread about things you would do to improve the NASL, after reading the chat for a while i've noticed these few points:

1.- No ingame music. The music gives a nice atmosphere while watching the matches.
2.- No 3D portraits
3.- No score display
4.- Better microphone quality for the casters
5.- More hype! (maybe music while they're talking)
6.- Avoid showing the lobby screen.
7.- Instead of doing player profiles in one big batch at the start, put them inbetween sets
8.- Justin.tv logo is over the stats tabs (when stream is not in fullscreen)
9.- -The fact it's cast from replays means we don't get to see or feel any emotional connection with the players.

I know the stream isn't perfect for everybody but that isn't what this thread should be about.

Thanks.


Pd. this is not a complain thread, i (and i think we all) would like so see the NASL as one of the best tournaments in america or even the world.


I agree with changing 1, 4, 6, 7. Especially 7, I know know they want to hype all the players, but it's a bit overwhelming in the beginning to have the first hour dedicated to it.

I think they're doing fine though, these things would help but it's not going to prevent me from watching.
Grimjim
Profile Joined May 2010
United States395 Posts
April 13 2011 02:05 GMT
#26
There's two commercials between every game, and they are awkwardly placed WHILE the commentators are talking about the previous game.

That's no good.
I am serious. And my name is Shirley.
SeRenExZerg
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States401 Posts
April 13 2011 02:05 GMT
#27
agree on the volume of gretorp. when he gets "excited" during the final battles, my ears nearly bleed. maybe they could devise some sort of adjustment for this?
One thing about deer: They have good vision. One thing about me: I am better at hiding than they are at vision.
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
April 13 2011 02:05 GMT
#28
On April 13 2011 10:57 elsx wrote:

-The fact it's cast from replays means we don't get to see or feel any emotional connection with the players.


i think if i read this again im gonna start slamming my face into my keyboard as a response

its been a great show so far considering its their first live run, cutting to the lobby screen on starcraft is probably just a production mistake they can easily fix but i would love to have less of an intense pregame show and more time between matches.

its great hearing about all the story lines but alot of it will be forgotten by the time the last 2/3 matches roll around. unless they are gonna repeat themselves throughout the broadcast, but either way so much time devouted to covering every match at the start seems like a waste
frucisky
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2170 Posts
April 13 2011 02:06 GMT
#29
-Please look at the production tab more. They miss nydys and other critical things
<3 DongRaeGu <3
Twistacles
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1327 Posts
April 13 2011 02:06 GMT
#30
I miss the 3d graphics and production value of the gsl
"If you don't give a shit which gum you buy, get stride" - Tyler
jexxto
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom284 Posts
April 13 2011 02:06 GMT
#31
A few things I think could be improved:

1) Audio. There needs to be some background music (ingame music would be fine) playing between and during matches. It adds atmosphere and can drown out background noise picked up by the mics. Considering there is no live audience I think a little music would go along way to add to the atmosphere.

2) Visual. There is a slight stutter in the gameplay, as if the fps is low. It's nothing huge, just a slight skip. Pretty sure it's not lag/latency.

Overall I think it's a good broadcast, I like the casters and the quality is high. Just a few little kinks to iron out.
Multi Gaming Clan http://www.riffraffclan.co.uk
Moonling
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States987 Posts
April 13 2011 02:06 GMT
#32
Deff. better sound quality it just sounds weird to me and the casters voices fluctuate. MUST FIX IMO
1% of koreans control 99% of starcraft winnings. #occupykorea.
seeBs
Profile Joined August 2010
United States40 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-13 02:07:53
April 13 2011 02:07 GMT
#33
Where do people get the idea its casted from replays? There is no replay bar. The show is recorded the day before, making the broadcast a replay.
RodrigoX
Profile Joined November 2009
United States645 Posts
April 13 2011 02:07 GMT
#34
I am pretty sure they are going to be some commentator switching over the time period of NASL. I mean people complain about any caster (Ive read people complain about Day9, Artosis, Tasteless, so any caster complaints really is ridiculous, unless they are legitely bad.) you won't have to deal with them all the time.
We were all raised on televion that made us believe we'd all be Millionairs, Movie gods, and Rockstars..... But we won't.... We are slowly learning that fact. And we are very, very pissed off.
Mereel
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany895 Posts
April 13 2011 02:07 GMT
#35
*6.- Avoid showing the lobby screen.

9.- -The fact it's cast from replays means we don't get to see or feel any emotional connection with the players.*


maybe u use ur brain or read the faq before u post bullshit

User was warned for this post
TPW Mapmaking Team
Poyo
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada790 Posts
April 13 2011 02:08 GMT
#36
Lots of nitpicking here sheesh, I think overall they are doing great.
Poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo! poyo!
VEReHrT
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada121 Posts
April 13 2011 02:08 GMT
#37
It sounds more like a Husky/youtube cast instead of something like the GSL. I think the inherent nature of the league is going to make the creation of good atmosphere/hype difficult. Also... Gretorp? ........
As long as we keep our passion as progamers, we will always have an opportunity to meet again. On a purely personal note, I'd like to show him the beauty of infinitely repeating Starcraft 2 bunkers. SlayerS_BoxeR
Strut
Profile Joined June 2010
United States182 Posts
April 13 2011 02:08 GMT
#38
The 'ESPN' like casters studio is actually very dull, and could use some backround distractions specifically during the preshow. It just looks like its broadcasted from a dark metal dungeon.

Distractions like some LCD flat screens with some logos or cycling clips, pirate bird on Gretorp's shoulder, flashy lights, or hell even some sponsors.
Soft`Soap
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada865 Posts
April 13 2011 02:09 GMT
#39
On April 13 2011 10:57 elsx wrote:

-The fact it's cast from replays means we don't get to see or feel any emotional connection with the players.


I'm pretty sure they cast the games as they are played, and not from replays. They just don't air it live, everything you're watching right now is recorded.
BUT, I could be wrong.



To op
- Better microphones would be nice, I hate having to turn down the volume halfway through the game because it's so loud and have to turn it up the other half of the game because it's too quiet.
-Music is needed
-Higher graphics would be nice
-They need to get an observer,
MiXyass DjLadyDana SoftSoap RightClick DigicidaL l)H[Zodiak] 58^^
chuDr3t4
Profile Joined April 2010
Russian Federation484 Posts
April 13 2011 02:09 GMT
#40
Showing lobby is good. It's to remind that games are casted live and showing piece of chat reminds that players are right there.
Showing profile and talking of upcoming games and players before games is good too, because if I want to see them, i tune in half hour before start, but may be I don't want to waste my time if I'm not interested in them at that day for example, I tune at games only.
I live in Russia. I wear the fufaika, valenoks and the shapka-ushanka with the red star. I drink vodka straight from the samovar, and my riding bear plays on the balalaika.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 115 116 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta14
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE71
Nina 63
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 186
Dewaltoss 77
Hyuk 62
Noble 25
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm112
League of Legends
Doublelift3561
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King83
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5157
Khaldor750
Other Games
summit1g7968
FrodaN2138
shahzam505
JimRising 296
KnowMe280
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS114
ZombieGrub91
Trikslyr38
PPMD32
CosmosSc2 21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH353
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2688
Other Games
• imaqtpie812
• Shiphtur182
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
11h 20m
Online Event
12h 20m
FEL
17h 20m
AI Arena Tournament
18h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.