• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:34
CEST 05:34
KST 12:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9555 users

iGware Hacking [ you decide ] reps included. - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34 35 Next All
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
March 12 2011 04:28 GMT
#61
On March 12 2011 13:15 PinkPrincess wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 13:10 Sein wrote:
I've watched all three replays and I have to say that I agree with your accusations. IMO, those two 2v2 games especially make it pretty obvious.

People have gotten very good at maphacking while pretending like they're not, but they will still slip up and take extremely suspicious actions when they are desperate. Pulling all his marines back just before a large number of banelings show up, suddenly pulling 4 scvs to create a second layer of wall with rax just before a big baneling bust, zero use of scanning and nearly zero scouting, literally spamming bunkers, sending a pretty good number of marines to two unscounted bases... things like that add up and make him more and more suspicious.

It doesn't help that he does have a history of breaking rules and his partner who is supposedly using his account was apparently a well-known cheater in DoTA.

We have all played Protech a lot. They never change how they play ZZ v ZT.

Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 13:12 ultramafia wrote:
On March 12 2011 13:01 PinkPrincess wrote:
I don't think he's nearly as suspicious as you do. The 2v2 games are perfectly explainable by the fact that you play like a robot every 2v2 (which we all know when we play against you...), and the 1v1 had some pretty boneheaded moves if he indeed was hacking.


and what excuse would you make for him continuously looking into the fog of war and then reacting as if he has seen exactly what is there. Maybe his decisions can be justified and he makes intuitive decisions. but if thats the case why look into the fog of war over and over again. I don't know any player who does that.

I don't even know when you're talking about? I watched all three reps to see the exact points in time that Protech was referring to, and I don't recall seeing any weird "huh, I wonder why he's looking there!". Can you say what times you're talking about?

Just like me, he commonly left clicks on the minimap when right clicking to move units there. I do it to make sure I get it exactly where I intended and not stupidly click just above a cliff or some garbage. I assume he does something similar at times.


~6 minutes in 2nd game, as wella s several other times. he's not moving any units just looking there. Your his friend i don't know anyone in this story i didn't play any games. However i watched replays and i thought it was pretty clear what i saw. I guess if he doesn't cheat he will prove his skill soon enough (or most likely he will be banned).
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
March 12 2011 04:29 GMT
#62
Also, ZZ is something brand new, you say that we play ZZ the same way every time? That's bullshit, the ZZ builds are only 2 weeks old IF EVEN THAT.

Tz vs Tz has been the match up since the hellion ling combo came out. You can't sit there and say that we play ZZ vs ZT the same way every single time. That's bullshit, and it sounds to me like you're just spewing things out of your ass.
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
March 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#63
Blizzard hasn't exactly been on top of things, I do understand that they are trying to make their case against zynastor and relinquish the hackers is a timely process, but I think the people should know who the real hackers are.


Kk I guess that's reasonable. The title of the thread is a little misleading to the purpose however xD Was just being critical though. Zynastor? is he the hacker who got major punishments? (the first of the hackers caught) Or is that case not done yet?
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
ROOTdrewbie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1392 Posts
March 12 2011 04:30 GMT
#64
If they had played vs protech/his ally a lot of times, then its pretty reasonable to build like this. I have to admit that the game on Scorched Haven was pretty weird, their lack of even attempting to scout is pretty sad and the mass barracks wall as well.

The 1v1 is a bit suspicious, most of the things that you mentioned were not really proof of hack in my opinion. I watched a replay that I played vs igware TvT and there was some weird similarities. He did not scout namchir one time for 20 minutes after his scv died, which saw nothing but a standard barracks and a factory. He did the same thing in the game against me, and still in both games, he made turrets at perfect time to counter the banshees ( In the game against me my banshees were super delayed and he didn't make an engi bay / turrets until I started making banshees at about 10 minutes into the game.

If he does hack, then he is really really good at hiding it because there are a lot of things that he does that make it seem like a normal game. He could just be really fucking bad at scouting ( I am kidding nobody in the top 200 has ever gone 20 minutes without scouting their opponent at all ) and be a really smart player and just be a bit lucky.

The one thing that makes me the most suspicious of him hacking is the fact that his apm / multitasking / macro are just HORRIBLE, and yet he somehow manages to win a ton of games. He does not build efficiently or have good timings. FFS his macro is barely diamond league. There is a ton of things that every player in the top 200 knows to do that he has no clue about.

I can't say that I 100% think that he is hacking, there is no hard proof, but it is pretty weird and you have to take everything protech says with a grain of salt because he is the most BM person I have ever seen and he is definitely missing a few screws.
www.root-gaming.com
Zalfor
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States1035 Posts
March 12 2011 04:32 GMT
#65
i don't think david would map hack.

dunno the other guy though
555, kthxbai
caradoc
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada3022 Posts
March 12 2011 04:33 GMT
#66
On March 12 2011 13:30 drewbie.root wrote:

The one thing that makes me the most suspicious of him hacking is the fact that his apm / multitasking / macro are just HORRIBLE, and yet he somehow manages to win a ton of games. He does not build efficiently or have good timings. FFS his macro is barely diamond league. There is a ton of things that every player in the top 200 knows to do that he has no clue about.



Exactly as I felt-- like a mid level diamond player with ridiculously uncanny intuition yet never scouts.

But theres no smoking gun... so the debate rages.
Salvation a la mode and a cup of tea...
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 04:39:14
March 12 2011 04:37 GMT
#67
On March 12 2011 13:30 drewbie.root wrote:
If they had played vs protech/his ally a lot of times, then its pretty reasonable to build like this. I have to admit that the game on Scorched Haven was pretty weird, their lack of even attempting to scout is pretty sad and the mass barracks wall as well.

The 1v1 is a bit suspicious, most of the things that you mentioned were not really proof of hack in my opinion. I watched a replay that I played vs igware TvT and there was some weird similarities. He did not scout namchir one time for 20 minutes after his scv died, which saw nothing but a standard barracks and a factory. He did the same thing in the game against me, and still in both games, he made turrets at perfect time to counter the banshees ( In the game against me my banshees were super delayed and he didn't make an engi bay / turrets until I started making banshees at about 10 minutes into the game.

If he does hack, then he is really really good at hiding it because there are a lot of things that he does that make it seem like a normal game. He could just be really fucking bad at scouting ( I am kidding nobody in the top 200 has ever gone 20 minutes without scouting their opponent at all ) and be a really smart player and just be a bit lucky.

The one thing that makes me the most suspicious of him hacking is the fact that his apm / multitasking / macro are just HORRIBLE, and yet he somehow manages to win a ton of games. He does not build efficiently or have good timings. FFS his macro is barely diamond league. There is a ton of things that every player in the top 200 knows to do that he has no clue about.

I can't say that I 100% think that he is hacking, there is no hard proof, but it is pretty weird and you have to take everything protech says with a grain of salt because he is the most BM person I have ever seen and he is definitely missing a few screws.



I openly apologize for bad mannering you as I have been watching your streams and you are a cool dude. I do apologize, sometimes the e-drama is what makes sc2, sc2 for us team players who dont play that competitively.

I agree with your assumptions, but I do disagree with how these games do not show obvious hacks. As you stated in your TvT he always has the timing of the banshee / cloak every game. He always knows when it's being produced and waits almost to the last second to make the ebay giving him enough time to prepare for it, I have seen this is MANY MANY MANY of our TZ vs TZ match ups.

EDIT: They have not played the ZZ vs ZT combo tons of times, they have played me with the TZ vs TZ combo A LOT of times.
nymeria
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States161 Posts
March 12 2011 04:38 GMT
#68
i say let him prove his skill with a vod or stream of himself playing legitimately vs known players

guilty until proven innocent
PinkPrincess
Profile Joined July 2010
United States149 Posts
March 12 2011 04:39 GMT
#69
On March 12 2011 13:29 ProTech wrote:
Also, ZZ is something brand new, you say that we play ZZ the same way every time? That's bullshit, the ZZ builds are only 2 weeks old IF EVEN THAT.

Tz vs Tz has been the match up since the hellion ling combo came out. You can't sit there and say that we play ZZ vs ZT the same way every single time. That's bullshit, and it sounds to me like you're just spewing things out of your ass.

The vast majority of ZZs I've seen of you, you double 10 pool, or if it goes longer you go for mass baneling bust. Having said that, I'm sure if I play you again you'll mix it up since I just said that, but before that going into a game I'd absolutely expect you to play exactly like you did on Scorched.
Grumpity grump
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
March 12 2011 04:44 GMT
#70
Not sure how closely you looked at game 1 with the cloak/eng bay thing.

First i watched from His PoV, and he never looks at his opponents base.

Secondly, i watched carefully to see whether he built the Eng bay before or after the cloak started.

He actually sent the SCV to build it BEFORE cloak started so this is no proof of hacking, just Good luck/Really close timings. Cloak banshee is a standard opener in TvT
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
VertigoX23
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
March 12 2011 04:45 GMT
#71
On March 12 2011 13:18 ProTech wrote:
Everything I speculated took quite some time and thought and reasoning before posting.


It took quite some time and thought and reasoning to say that someone builds an engi bay after their opponent starts cloak even when it's clearly not true? I noticed that on my first viewing of that replay and you're accusing someone of hacking and you don't even take the time to look closely at these kinds of things...

Just finished the second game. Not once did iGware look through the fog of war at ANYTHING that his opponents had. What the hell are you guys talking about??
nalgene
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada2153 Posts
March 12 2011 04:46 GMT
#72
This guy's in the top 200, so his game sense would be pretty good even without scouting...

flash's game sense and knowing the flow of the game is pretty good...

and as that igware guy plays more, his game sense would continuously improve...

maybe he's just good at 2s?
Year 2500 Greater Israel ( Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Gaza Strip, West Bank, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen )
Pro]ChoSen-
Profile Joined December 2008
United States318 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 04:49:44
March 12 2011 04:48 GMT
#73
Yo ProTech I've played u a couple times (I'm cFChoseN - T user). You make a pretty good case, at the very least I know some of those guys have massive account sharing and some fishy stuff going on. But I'm wondering, isn't PinkPrincess known as MegumixBear now? You listed a different aka for him, he's one of my allies.

Oh and what hacks are out? I noticed you said Production tab hack??? There is actually shit like that out there? How common is it on Bnet?
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
March 12 2011 04:48 GMT
#74
As my final closing statement in this post I will be uploading alot more of our games played against igware / sorcery. There are a lot of things that I want people to see, but it takes a lot of time to watch the rep and write about it, so this will come at a later date.

As I stated before, these are just my perspective and my opinions, you will have your own. Im just putting this out there because if he really does hack, then it's a shame that blizzard is not catching this and recognizing him at the #1 top 200 player, when drewbie clearly stated, his mechanics and macro are diamond level, which I seriously agree with.

Thank you for all your posts and input on the situation, as I will have more to come!

-haCkProTech
jester-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada547 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 04:53:12
March 12 2011 04:49 GMT
#75
14:20 mark of 2nd game he is sending the rines to the bottom bunker in preparation for the speedlings that he hasn't seen coming yet. The reason he is caught off guard with the mutas is likely the fact that they look/move similar to speedlings on the minimap.
Arise, chicken sandwich.
JerKy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Korea (South)3013 Posts
March 12 2011 04:49 GMT
#76
Well ProTech, I've played you a couple times to know your skill in SC2 is pretty unmatched. I've gotten brutally hurt each time I played you, and I think its unlikely he's been hard countering you like that each game without aid.

However, if you think he's cheating, perhaps set up some kind of custom 2v2 or 1v1 with him, and have all players stream themselves? (actually this only solves part of the problem, afterall, you can always "lose" a game)
You can type "StarCraft" with just your left hand.
Liquid`Ret
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Netherlands4535 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 04:51:53
March 12 2011 04:50 GMT
#77
played twice vs igware, both games random vs random, first game close air metapolis he scouted for an overlord with his probe even though his nexus already saw it.

2nd game 4 player map he proxies 2 rax in between the top 2 bases before scouting any position (hes bottom left im top left) but closer to my base.
Team Liquid
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
March 12 2011 04:50 GMT
#78
I haven't watched any of the replays, but for those saying that he made the ebay before cloak was started. If you see 1 starport with tech lab... it's gonna be cloak banshee 95% of the time. It doesn't hurt to just start an ebay in advance if you have a view of their production tab.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
PowerDes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States520 Posts
March 12 2011 04:50 GMT
#79
On March 12 2011 13:46 nalgene wrote:
This guy's in the top 200, so his game sense would be pretty good even without scouting...

flash's game sense and knowing the flow of the game is pretty good...

and as that igware guy plays more, his game sense would continuously improve...

maybe he's just good at 2s?

Clearly SC2 isn't brood war. SC2 is based on hard counter and good scouting. I doubt someone could get into top 200 with that bad of an APM, multitasking, and macro. Have you even watched the replays? This isn't brood war.
twitch.tv/PowerDes
PinkPrincess
Profile Joined July 2010
United States149 Posts
March 12 2011 04:50 GMT
#80
Yes cFChosen, that's me.

I do not share my account with anyone, however. We've nearly got Sorcery set up streaming, but it's like dragging a horse through mud with how bad he is at these tech things
Grumpity grump
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft505
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta106
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft519
PiGStarcraft505
RuFF_SC2 173
SpeCial 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1074
Hyuk 53
Bale 31
Noble 27
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm160
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox764
C9.Mang0293
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor647
Other Games
summit1g9623
Coldzera 803
JimRising 556
Sick107
ViBE69
ArmadaUGS31
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick741
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo645
• Stunt278
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 27m
Online Event
7h 27m
FEL
12h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.