• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:57
CEST 15:57
KST 22:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13473 users

insta vs. missile shot - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
pandaminion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States270 Posts
March 07 2011 03:11 GMT
#301
Interesting find, it's too bad so many people do not have the ability to read. It's unfortunate that Blizzard HAS the ability to give every missile unit smartfire, but don't.
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
March 07 2011 03:11 GMT
#302
On March 07 2011 12:11 pandaminion wrote:
Interesting find, it's too bad so many people do not have the ability to read. It's unfortunate that Blizzard HAS the ability to give every missile unit smartfire, but don't.

Smartfire marauders?

*shivers*
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:17:14
March 07 2011 03:15 GMT
#303
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.


Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?


On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.

But I think you're not getting the OP?


*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

ok


sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory


So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?


Maybe OP should of choosen marine and marauders instead of marine and hydras. Then there would be less complaint :3. Since when you compare 2 OP units the OP unit always win right (sarcasm)? :D
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:23:42
March 07 2011 03:22 GMT
#304
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.


Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?


On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.

But I think you're not getting the OP?


*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

ok


sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory


So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?


That doesn't even make sense considering they both have a missile attack.


On March 07 2011 12:15 SheaR619 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.


Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?


On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.

But I think you're not getting the OP?


*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

ok


sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory


So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?


Maybe OP should of choosen marine and marauders instead of marine and hydras. Then there would be less complaint :3. Since when you compare 2 OP units the OP unit always win right (sarcasm)? :D


It would still be the same thing. *IM NOT SAYING MARINES ARE OP* but look how they destroy marauders because of their instant attack!! You be the judge!



I'm not trying to say anything that the OP is talking about is right or wrong - I'm just annoyed by the endless amount of threads that try to disguise themselves as something other than balance discussion, when it's clearly balance discussion.
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
March 07 2011 03:23 GMT
#305
On March 07 2011 11:52 101toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 11:49 pzea469 wrote:
I think all units should have projectiles, even if they're invisible and or super fast. That way all units would overkill. Having units not overkill just seems too efficient and sorta noobifies the game. Balance aside, i just don't think its good for starcraft.

Removing the smart AI would also reinstate overkill to a large extent. BW is probably the best example.

I don't think there is any targetting AI in this game different than BW, otherwise you wouldn't see the overkill issues we see with all these projectile attacks. The issue is that some units' attack in this game have no travel time, while in BW, most if not all did have travel time, even if there wasn't a visible projectile.

One more thing: this also explains why immortals do quite well also... they deal an assload of damage, so considering that none of their shots get wasted, it is a pretty big deal.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
March 07 2011 03:28 GMT
#306
I think doing this test as Marines vs. Tweaked Marauders would have saved a lot of "OMG BUFF ZERG NERF TERRAN" posts.

I think it is quite interesting that missile shots have such a large detrimental effect versus instant shots, I had never really considered this before. Interesting and informative post, OP.
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
March 07 2011 03:33 GMT
#307
On March 06 2011 23:58 Nis wrote:
I think the main reason why instant shots have such a huge adv over missile shots is the fact that the ai targeting for instant shots make it impossible for units with instant shots to do overkill, but thats not the case for missile shots.

Eg 2 hydra fires 1 after another at a marine with only 6 hp left leads to quite a significant dps loss


probably one of the largest reasons, not to mention insta shot opens up and hits the taget first so is already ahead in damage.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
Yung
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States727 Posts
March 07 2011 03:33 GMT
#308
I think it would be different if he had givin the hyrdas + armor instead of +sttack
Sanguinarius
Profile Joined January 2010
United States3427 Posts
March 07 2011 03:40 GMT
#309
Wow, I never really thought that maybe the reason marines are so strong is that, like tanks, they dont overkill. I guess that makes sense the more I think about it.

Hrm, good post OP
Your strength is just an accident arising from the weakness of others -Heart of Darkness
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:47:40
March 07 2011 03:40 GMT
#310
On March 07 2011 12:28 Tektos wrote:
I think doing this test as Marines vs. Tweaked Marauders would have saved a lot of "OMG BUFF ZERG NERF TERRAN" posts.

I think it is quite interesting that missile shots have such a large detrimental effect versus instant shots, I had never really considered this before. Interesting and informative post, OP.

Well that's likely yes, but one issue is that aside from baneling which doesn't really count, and infested terran which also doesn't really count, zerg have no instant damage units.

Hydralisks are a unit with a damage delay, and gain only +1 damage per upgrade. It would make sense if hydras got +2 per upgrade, considering they deal double the damage of a marine, and their attack damage is not instant which makes for more wasteful shots

Protoss has immortal, sentry, void ray, archon, mothership (not that it really counts)

Terran has siege tank, marine, viking ground, thor ground, ghost, planetary fortress, hellion, auto turret

Another issue less-related to instant attack and more just overall game balance is void rays. Zerg cannot counter void rays with any equal supply army (excluding queens), even 2 mutalisks per 1 void ray doesn't win, since mutalisks do no better than corruptors vs void rays really.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
March 07 2011 03:41 GMT
#311
I always found it funny that a bullet travels faster than a Stalkers laser.

btw, Roaches dont have projectile right? but i think they can still overkill...
Someone call down the Thunder?
insta
Profile Joined May 2010
216 Posts
March 07 2011 03:45 GMT
#312
Marines - not an "all-round unit" - an "all-rape unit" :D
pls dont judge before research, pls dont research before thinking
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 03:54:12
March 07 2011 03:48 GMT
#313
On March 07 2011 12:41 RaiKageRyu wrote:
I always found it funny that a bullet travels faster than a Stalkers laser.

btw, Roaches don't have projectile right? but i think they can still overkill...
yes I mentioned in one of my posts, roaches have no actual projectile, but their attack is still delayed. It's terrible inequality against zerg in that sense, considering that protoss and terran have quite a few instant-attack units.

The only other non-projectile I know of that does overshoot is the colossus
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
March 07 2011 03:49 GMT
#314
I think you're all neglecting the main reason why the marines win hugely in these battles, and it isn't overkill, although that does help.

If you have instant vs. missile attacks, the instant attacks hit first, and score kills faster. This means in some cases, units on one side will die first, and get less attacks. This effect snowballs, as one side has larger dps than the other.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
SheaR619
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2399 Posts
March 07 2011 03:50 GMT
#315
On March 07 2011 12:22 Angra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.


Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?


On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.

But I think you're not getting the OP?


*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

ok


sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory


So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?


That doesn't even make sense considering they both have a missile attack.


Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 12:15 SheaR619 wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.


Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?


On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.

But I think you're not getting the OP?


*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

ok


sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory


So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?


Maybe OP should of choosen marine and marauders instead of marine and hydras. Then there would be less complaint :3. Since when you compare 2 OP units the OP unit always win right (sarcasm)? :D


It would still be the same thing. *IM NOT SAYING MARINES ARE OP* but look how they destroy marauders because of their instant attack!! You be the judge!



I'm not trying to say anything that the OP is talking about is right or wrong - I'm just annoyed by the endless amount of threads that try to disguise themselves as something other than balance discussion, when it's clearly balance discussion.


Hahaha, i feel ya. I just wanted to push yo button! :o

Btw, marauder and hydras would not be the same thing. I think hydras bullet moves faster than marauder rockets. So if we set everything equal it might give a very interesting result as well. I think someone else in this post has already done it and said this though. Different attack animation has different speed projectiles so if you set everything the same it will not always give same result per projectile.
I may not be the best, but i will be some day...
Xapti
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada2473 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-07 04:08:53
March 07 2011 03:59 GMT
#316
On March 07 2011 12:22 Angra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?

On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.
But I think you're not getting the OP?

*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory

So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?

That doesn't even make sense considering they both have a missile attack.
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 12:15 SheaR619 wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:52 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 11:20 Angra wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:56 JinDesu wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Hi, how is what you wrote relevant?

On March 07 2011 11:08 TheJoyBringer wrote:
On March 07 2011 10:54 Angra wrote:
I'm going to 1a two types of units into each other. Whichever one wins is overpowered and should be nerfed.

Lol wait, I'm not sure what the point you're trying to get across here is.

But I think you're not getting the OP?

*this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* But look how they decimate these hydralisks when given equal values because they have an instant shot. But *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* but should there really be that big of a difference between instant and missle shot? *this video doesn't say that marines are OP or hydralisks are UP!!* you be the judge!!!

sorry I guess I'm just tired of all these threads of people giving completely random examples of the way the game works and then cleverly hiding their balance theory by having a disclaimer saying they aren't discussing balance theory

So if he used marauders instead of the hydras and set all the values equal to the marine, would you be appeased?

Maybe OP should of choosen marine and marauders instead of marine and hydras. Then there would be less complaint :3. Since when you compare 2 OP units the OP unit always win right (sarcasm)? :D

It would still be the same thing. *IM NOT SAYING MARINES ARE OP* but look how they destroy marauders because of their instant attack!! You be the judge!

I'm not trying to say anything that the OP is talking about is right or wrong - I'm just annoyed by the endless amount of threads that try to disguise themselves as something other than balance discussion, when it's clearly balance discussion.

I'm not sure if you realize (I might very well be mistaken), but in the video the hydralisks have all the stats of a marine, they just used a hydralisk because it's probably simpler than to manually duplicate and change marine's weapon so that it uses a projectile. People aren't talking about imbalance because of the units involved, but because of the mechanics overall. The OP wasn't discussing such things, but some people in the topic are.
"Then he told me to tell you that he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire" — "Well, you tell him that I said that I wouldn't piss on him if he was on Jeopardy!"
Tektos
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1321 Posts
March 07 2011 04:12 GMT
#317
On March 07 2011 12:40 Xapti wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 12:28 Tektos wrote:
I think doing this test as Marines vs. Tweaked Marauders would have saved a lot of "OMG BUFF ZERG NERF TERRAN" posts.

I think it is quite interesting that missile shots have such a large detrimental effect versus instant shots, I had never really considered this before. Interesting and informative post, OP.

Well that's likely yes, but one issue is that aside from baneling which doesn't really count, and infested terran which also doesn't really count, zerg have no instant damage units.

Hydralisks are a unit with a damage delay, and gain only +1 damage per upgrade. It would make sense if hydras got +2 per upgrade, considering they deal double the damage of a marine, and their attack damage is not instant which makes for more wasteful shots

Protoss has immortal, sentry, void ray, archon, mothership (not that it really counts)

Terran has siege tank, marine, viking ground, thor ground, ghost, planetary fortress, hellion, auto turret

Another issue less-related to instant attack and more just overall game balance is void rays. Zerg cannot counter void rays with any equal supply army (excluding queens), even 2 mutalisks per 1 void ray doesn't win, since mutalisks do no better than corruptors vs void rays really.


Think you missed my point, the reason I said that was because this thread wasn't intended as a "BUFF ZERG PLEASE" thread, it was stating the advantages of instant attacking units. Using two units from the same race would remove the off-topic racial imbalance whine posts.
Xirroh
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada146 Posts
March 07 2011 04:29 GMT
#318
So would Roaches and Hydras gain more damage by moving closer to their opponents? (reducing missile travel time.)
morimacil
Profile Joined March 2010
France921 Posts
March 07 2011 04:31 GMT
#319
Using 2 units from the same race wouldnt really change much.
The thread is basically: "look at how incredibly powerful instant attacks are compared to missile attacks"
After that, no matter the units you used to demonstrate the mechanic in itself, its always just a matter of time before someone goes: "Hey, look! This mechanic is super powerful, and somehow terran has a massive amount of units using that mechanic compared to the other races! wtf?"
And then from there it snowballs into balance discussion anyway.

- the instashot mechanic is way more powerful than the missile one
- terran got the better end of the instashot vs missile deal
Making a demonstration with marauders instead of hydras wouldnt really hide that fact, and/or stop ppl from crying out that terran is imba
Starfox
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria699 Posts
March 07 2011 04:33 GMT
#320
Please don't compare the target AI in SC2 with BW, in SC2 units die the moment they reach 0 hp.
In BW a units that reaches 0 hp still "lives" for one more frame, that with the fact that there is no random delay like in SC2 leads to massive overkill. The higher the unit count the harder the instant shot units rape the projectile ones.
Greek Mythology 2.0: Imagine Sisyphos as a man who wants to watch all videos on youtube... and Tityos as one who HAS to watch all of them.
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 273
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 273
mouzHeroMarine 193
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41149
Bisu 2843
Hyuk 1753
Shuttle 1612
Mini 696
EffOrt 610
Larva 471
Soma 421
firebathero 238
ZerO 223
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 95
Zeus 68
Pusan 58
Sexy 54
sorry 51
Hyun 45
Killer 43
Bale 36
Trap 35
Hm[arnc] 29
PianO 29
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
zelot 21
Mong 16
Rock 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6655
qojqva1368
Dendi1117
Counter-Strike
fl0m589
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1227
crisheroes871
Liquid`Hasu466
Lowko406
Other Games
gofns42426
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1366
DeMusliM258
Livibee166
Liquid`VortiX136
Hui .135
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King83
CosmosSc2 19
ZerO(Twitch)17
elazer8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6510
League of Legends
• Jankos1813
Other Games
• WagamamaTV214
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 3m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 3m
INu's Battles
22h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.