• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:36
CEST 20:36
KST 03:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9018 users

New Maps in 1v1 Pool - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 68 Next
whatthefat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States918 Posts
February 26 2011 05:51 GMT
#441
Well, I'm willing to give these maps a chance, they look interesting. But I'm as baffled as everyone else by the decision to retain Horrible Quandrant instead of Shakuras Plateau, and I say this despite having a pretty terrible record on the latter.
SlayerS_BoxeR: "I always feel sorry towards Greg (Grack?) T_T"
TheDominator
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
New Zealand336 Posts
February 26 2011 05:52 GMT
#442
Finally. They started to rotate the map pool, as well as removing some bad maps. And the new maps are larger too. This is epic
Sad to see shakuras go, it was my fav map.
You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.
Mephiztopheles1
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
1124 Posts
February 26 2011 05:57 GMT
#443
Hmmmm, saw the new maps, started to re-ladder, lost seven in a row, got downgraded ;(

In a less personal note. I'm not liking the new LT, it really seems too short even in cross positions...

But at least JB and steppes are out of the picture.
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
February 26 2011 05:59 GMT
#444
...Really getting rid of Lost Temple (or adjusting it and changing)... T-T ...and Shakuras??!!... Will be playing in this maps definitely but yeah I think Blizzard should adjust to GSL map pool...

With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
kretz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States29 Posts
February 26 2011 06:10 GMT
#445
Got rushed 4 games in a row. I don't know if it was just coincidence or the maps
who let the k out
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-26 06:35:39
February 26 2011 06:34 GMT
#446
Wasn't there a test map that was a crappier version of Skahuras? I guess it was intended as a replacement? And then they decided not to because of the bad community reaction?

Since they took five maps out and put in 4...maybe Shakuras was intended to be replaced, they decided against it, but it got removed anyway by accident? Please?

Did anyone like Slag Pits, though? It's a big map with no bases on it....doesn't that please nobody?
Zelniq
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States7166 Posts
February 26 2011 06:37 GMT
#447
from the map descriptions..

Backwater Gulch. "Destroying rocks will provide additional attack routes.."
Shattered temple. "Destroy rocks to reveal alternative attack paths.."
Typhon Peaks . "Destroying rocks will provide for additional attack paths"
Slag Pits. "Rocks open shorter attack routes"

Slag Pits close spawns there is 20 or 21 ingame seconds from bottom of your main ramp to opponent's ramp. On Metalopolis, it's 23 ingame seconds close spawn. ......

ModeratorBlame yourself or God
Asparagus
Profile Joined December 2010
United States269 Posts
February 26 2011 06:42 GMT
#448
This isn't a troll post, but can anyone list why Delta Quadrant was/is known as a bad map? I'm confused, I have the most even win% on this map (besides the obvious hard to take 3rd if he's across the map laterally.
This isn't the right quote!
dim2thesum
Profile Joined May 2010
United States65 Posts
February 26 2011 06:43 GMT
#449
no more LT
win some, lose some, dim sum
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
February 26 2011 06:47 GMT
#450
On February 26 2011 15:37 Zelniq wrote:
from the map descriptions..

Backwater Gulch. "Destroying rocks will provide additional attack routes.."
Shattered temple. "Destroy rocks to reveal alternative attack paths.."
Typhon Peaks . "Destroying rocks will provide for additional attack paths"
Slag Pits. "Rocks open shorter attack routes"

Slag Pits close spawns there is 20 or 21 ingame seconds from bottom of your main ramp to opponent's ramp. On Metalopolis, it's 23 ingame seconds close spawn. ......



So many rocks on those maps. and hard to defend naturals. Cool stuff
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
February 26 2011 06:53 GMT
#451
On February 26 2011 15:42 Asparagus wrote:
This isn't a troll post, but can anyone list why Delta Quadrant was/is known as a bad map? I'm confused, I have the most even win% on this map (besides the obvious hard to take 3rd if he's across the map laterally.

Rush distance so short and natural entrance sooo wide :/
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
February 26 2011 06:54 GMT
#452
On February 26 2011 08:24 RndmGdNck wrote:
Thank god I'll actually start laddering again. But no Shakuras??? error maybe?


They keep removing and returning Shakuras. They must have something that's hinting to them it needs to be done. Perhaps a race isn't doing too well on that map.
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
February 26 2011 07:04 GMT
#453
I really don't like blizz's map-making thought process. I'm not too sure what makes a map "good", like python. however, I'm pretty damn sure it's not "adding depth" to maps by putting letting players be "sneaky" and take down backdoor rocks. For this reason, I'm glad blistering sands and jungle basin are gone.
Strangely enough I think I'll miss Shakuras, even with its backdoors. I just liked that map for some reason =/
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
February 26 2011 07:05 GMT
#454
Typhon seems almost unplayable for zerg. The paths are so narrow that they can't seem to get enough surface area on my units, and you follow up with some well placed force fields behind them and proceed to victory. If Helen Keller were alive, she could beat a zerg handily on this map.
TERRANLOL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States626 Posts
February 26 2011 07:06 GMT
#455
On February 26 2011 16:04 Kid-Fox wrote:
I really don't like blizz's map-making thought process. I'm not too sure what makes a map "good", like python. however, I'm pretty damn sure it's not "adding depth" to maps by putting letting players be "sneaky" and take down backdoor rocks. For this reason, I'm glad blistering sands and jungle basin are gone.
Strangely enough I think I'll miss Shakuras, even with its backdoors. I just liked that map for some reason =/


Yeah. I really don't like the rocks mechanic that much. Although, I think that's just a result of being a terran player, as the point of being a meching, macro style terran player is to control the point of engagement, and rocks make this more difficult..
TheTenthDoc
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9561 Posts
February 26 2011 07:07 GMT
#456
On February 26 2011 15:42 Asparagus wrote:
This isn't a troll post, but can anyone list why Delta Quadrant was/is known as a bad map? I'm confused, I have the most even win% on this map (besides the obvious hard to take 3rd if he's across the map laterally.


Positional imbalance is present in every matchup including mirrors. One player's back expo is much closer to the other player's base by air. There are a few other tiny things that give one player an advantage due to spawn locations.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 26 2011 07:09 GMT
#457
On February 26 2011 13:30 RoyalFlush1994 wrote:
lets take the best terran map and make it zerg favored nice work blizzard


how's it zerg favored? Would like to hear this lol.
When I think of something else, something will go here
avilo
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States4100 Posts
February 26 2011 07:10 GMT
#458
On February 26 2011 15:37 Zelniq wrote:
from the map descriptions..

Backwater Gulch. "Destroying rocks will provide additional attack routes.."
Shattered temple. "Destroy rocks to reveal alternative attack paths.."
Typhon Peaks . "Destroying rocks will provide for additional attack paths"
Slag Pits. "Rocks open shorter attack routes"

Slag Pits close spawns there is 20 or 21 ingame seconds from bottom of your main ramp to opponent's ramp. On Metalopolis, it's 23 ingame seconds close spawn. ......



yah man, it's pretty bad I played a few ladder games as Z on these and early/mid game is absolutely ridiculous to defend your nat versus all the things p/t can do. But I can see if the games go late that Z has a nice advantage.

And that new lost temple thing is pretty damn awesome for Z with the huge open middle.

I think everyone agrees - GSL/iccup maps plz!
Sup
Arcanne
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1519 Posts
February 26 2011 07:10 GMT
#459
Maps are a joke
Professional tech investor, part time DotA scrub | Follow @AllMeasures on Twitter
entrust
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland196 Posts
February 26 2011 07:16 GMT
#460
I like the new maps. PPL gonna hate. I'd also rather have GSL maps cus they are so nice, but this maps are better than the previous one and the new lost temple is sweet, not for me cus i always used the ramps to win my games :D anyway I still like it.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM840
TaKeTV 320
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 206
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 840
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 206
MaxPax 173
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 90
EmSc Tv 18
MindelVK 15
JuggernautJason13
Nathanias 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 176
White-Ra 124
firebathero 122
910 56
Barracks 52
Hyun 36
Trap 29
Bale 25
Killer 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
soO 14
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4017
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7048
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1513
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3701
singsing1496
Beastyqt768
ceh9678
B2W.Neo487
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe90
Trikslyr54
Dewaltoss33
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream437
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2439
• TFBlade874
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 25m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.