• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:55
CEST 11:55
KST 18:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12325 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
Knix
Profile Joined April 2010
United States67 Posts
February 13 2011 23:57 GMT
#101
According to the schedule GOM gave out back in Jan, I thought the next GSL was supposed to start soon. Am I wrong? Did they announce it being pushed back or something? Because I don't see it on the calender.
Drewbie: "Here I realize 'oh shit, I can't kill him' so I double expand."
MagusX
Profile Joined February 2011
United States20 Posts
February 14 2011 00:08 GMT
#102
I'm going back to my 'ranking' question. I am still in the silver league, but now all of my opponents (with only a few exceptions) are either gold or platinum. I've even seen a diamond player, who I beat. Why is it giving me these opponents but not ranking me up? I'm still winning most of my games, but its not putting me into the next league. What gives?

Also, on a brief side note. Colossus + Void Rays = Win, apparently. I had a roughly 160 food army of stalkers, zlots and immortals against someone with about 8 void rays and 3 colossi with a few gateways units and he WRECKED me. I even had 2-2-1 upgrades where he was 1-0-0 ground and 0-0-0 air. Something seems wrong with this picture to me.
HuK is my idol
melizsa
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden14 Posts
February 14 2011 13:38 GMT
#103
On February 14 2011 09:08 MagusX wrote:
I'm going back to my 'ranking' question. I am still in the silver league, but now all of my opponents (with only a few exceptions) are either gold or platinum. I've even seen a diamond player, who I beat. Why is it giving me these opponents but not ranking me up? I'm still winning most of my games, but its not putting me into the next league. What gives?

Also, on a brief side note. Colossus + Void Rays = Win, apparently. I had a roughly 160 food army of stalkers, zlots and immortals against someone with about 8 void rays and 3 colossi with a few gateways units and he WRECKED me. I even had 2-2-1 upgrades where he was 1-0-0 ground and 0-0-0 air. Something seems wrong with this picture to me.



You will be promoted when the system is confident of your skill lvl. If you beat gold and platinum it wont be sure until you go 50/50 or close to that. I was in a similiar situation not long ago, was beating plat and some diamond players as gold but didn't rank up. Then i finally got the promotion after loosing like 5 in a row (vs plat)


6xy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines51 Posts
February 14 2011 14:04 GMT
#104
Hi guys, justa quick question:
Building a macro hatch with an extra queen as a solution to missing injects in order to make up for "lost" production, would this be alright? or is this learning wrong?

im really a casual player but would like to get into platinum and stay there.
zerg, zerg everywhere.
bmg4ever
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany74 Posts
February 14 2011 15:28 GMT
#105
there is nothing wrong about a macro hatch if your inject timing is lacking, as long as you are aware that you normally wouldn't get it if you macro correctly and that this would be the optimal way to play.

if your money floats high ingame, say yourself "damn i fucked it up again" and throw down the extra hatch, there is no point in then not doing it and loose the game with many minerals in the bank with you just not being able to keep up the production for learning purposes.

Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
February 14 2011 18:32 GMT
#106
Jinro actually reply here? Once, it seems.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
bluehunter
Profile Joined August 2010
United States57 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-14 20:33:05
February 14 2011 20:32 GMT
#107
why do/did HuK and Mana scout cross positions on delta quadrant first now? anything I am missing or is it just timings they have calculated??
the only logical way to solve the candle problem is to turn the lights off... BOOM!
aristarchus
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
February 14 2011 21:24 GMT
#108
On February 15 2011 05:32 bluehunter wrote:
why do/did HuK and Mana scout cross positions on delta quadrant first now? anything I am missing or is it just timings they have calculated??

I don't know anything about their scouting or DQ in particular, but one general reason you'd scout cross positions first is that you plan to play differently in close positions than in far ones. That means you need to know as fast as possible whether they're close or far, and scouting one of the two close positions doesn't tell you that. Scouting the only far position does.
Thrax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1755 Posts
February 14 2011 21:29 GMT
#109
On February 14 2011 08:57 Knix wrote:
According to the schedule GOM gave out back in Jan, I thought the next GSL was supposed to start soon. Am I wrong? Did they announce it being pushed back or something? Because I don't see it on the calender.

GSL March starts on February 22
rift`
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia31 Posts
February 15 2011 01:06 GMT
#110
This doesn't warrent its own thread so here will do.. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way that i can check my win/loss ratio verse certain races, i have a general idea at the moment but it would be cool if i could check the numbers.
spidii
Profile Joined October 2010
United States372 Posts
February 15 2011 07:16 GMT
#111
I have no real idea where to post this so I guess this thread might work.

Let me preface this by saying that I live in a really small town in Montana. Not many people play SC here and as hard as I've tried, I've only managed to get a few people to play casually.

The problem I seem to be having is a lack of support/someone to motivate me to get better. I've always had a huge friend-base while playing MMOs and SSFIV is huge amongst my friends (which I also compete at) but SC2 is feeling pretty empty atm.

I'm looking for people to not only practice with (I'm stuck in Platinum due to poor but slowly improving mechanics), but also to talk strategy with, general SC, video games etc...really just want a core group of e-friends (sounds soooo sad....) who also take the game seriously to help me learn, to match my enthusiasm for the game so that I feel the need to practice more etc...I'm just better with friendly competition I guess.

Starcraft can feel pretty lonely when you just ladder all day, trying to improve but no one to talk about it with or even brag about my new accomplishments to. Day9 daily #100 really made me realize this. Anyone out there feel similar or feel like helping a fellow nerd out? Even chatting about on here would help me greatly, thanks!
Deadlyfish
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1980 Posts
February 15 2011 13:49 GMT
#112
On February 15 2011 10:06 rift` wrote:
This doesn't warrent its own thread so here will do.. I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way that i can check my win/loss ratio verse certain races, i have a general idea at the moment but it would be cool if i could check the numbers.



I think Sc2gears can do that for you. I dont use it myself though, but fairly sure that it can.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=124689
If wishes were horses we'd be eating steak right now.
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
February 15 2011 16:58 GMT
#113
did NA just have a patch?
The Show of a Lifetime
sevia
Profile Joined May 2010
United States954 Posts
February 15 2011 17:23 GMT
#114
On February 16 2011 01:58 Terranist wrote:
did NA just have a patch?


Yeah. I have no idea what it's for, it doesn't seem to include the new maps at least.
최지성 Bomber || 김동환 viOLet || 고병재 GuMiho
Gentso
Profile Joined July 2010
United States2218 Posts
February 15 2011 18:21 GMT
#115
Didn't know if it was thread worthy but just wanted to point out that Blizzard is considering adding GSL maps to the ladder pool (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2089109914?page=1#17)
Chriamon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States886 Posts
February 15 2011 19:29 GMT
#116
On February 16 2011 03:21 Gentso wrote:
Didn't know if it was thread worthy but just wanted to point out that Blizzard is considering adding GSL maps to the ladder pool (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2089109914?page=1#17)

It seems the blizz post was edited, He changed it from:
Show nested quote +
GSL Maps by any chance ?

These are in consideration at this point in time as well.

to:
(Edit- Just to clarify) Additional maps are in consideration at this point in time as well. (As always.) I can't comment on any specifics as of yet.



So it seems he just meant that they are just keeping their options open, and not actually considering GSL maps
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/274906/1/Blaze/
eXigent.
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Canada2419 Posts
February 15 2011 19:33 GMT
#117
I think that if Blizzard doesnt include the GSL maps in the ladder reset or future patch, that they are essentially just shooting themselves in the foot. With GSL using their own maps, that are not playable on blizzard ladder, you will see tons of the very best players literally stop playing ladder games, and only doing customs with their teammates. Why would blizzard want to create such a seperation from their ladder, when they could just act like any other company with good enough sense, and implement the GSL maps so that top players can just continue to ladder as usual.

Why create a rift in the gaming community, and basically seperate the players that are competing in your OWN tournament, from everyone else. It just doesnt make any sense at all imo.
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
February 15 2011 22:07 GMT
#118
Whats the difference between normal Metalopolis and GSL modded Meta?
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
February 15 2011 22:08 GMT
#119
On February 16 2011 07:07 CruelZeratul wrote:
Whats the difference between normal Metalopolis and GSL modded Meta?

the ground below the ramp. i think its impossible or even harder to wall off.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
February 15 2011 22:11 GMT
#120
Yeah you can't wall off with 2 bunkers there, apparently. Same for XC and LT.
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 7230
Horang2 553
Hyuk 445
BeSt 442
Stork 164
sorry 107
Killer 95
Pusan 76
Shinee 71
Hyun 69
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 60
Bonyth 49
Snow 48
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 31
Mind 24
JYJ 21
Sacsri 17
Noble 8
Dota 2
XcaliburYe4
League of Legends
JimRising 489
Other Games
gofns33891
singsing2018
ArmadaUGS78
Mew2King76
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick663
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• Adnapsc2 22
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Lourlo1368
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5m
CranKy Ducklings4
INu's Battles
2h 5m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
5h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 5m
Replay Cast
13h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 1h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.