• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:54
CEST 17:54
KST 00:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7639 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
DF_Furious
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1 Post
February 12 2011 22:37 GMT
#81
A poem for grubby teenage n00bs to sweat over

(Iambic pentameter to the max!)

Do my testicles need relief right now
Intense foreplay will help penetration
Focus on the eyes not enticing breasts
Obesity prevents all out action
A post coital cuddle improves pleasure

A translation

Are my buildings constantly producing units?
Scout and scan regularly
Always watch the mini-map
Never stockpile resources
Without fail analyse your replays
Ashok
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia339 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 23:37:58
February 12 2011 23:36 GMT
#82
How much production can a fully saturated Terran base support? I know it can support 3-rax, but I'm unsure of what happens when I get other structures.

Also, when should I get my second gas for a 1/1/1 build? I seem to get it too early and my minerals end up being too low and I am hovering around 400 gas for alot of the early game. I think my issue is that the starport + factory take up so much gas, so I get that second gas early just to get those two building up and running, but then I start getting overflow with gas.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
February 13 2011 00:06 GMT
#83
Are the GSTL maps actually more balanced then Blizzard ones? I'm hearing so much about how they're protoss favored, and pro Zergs and Terrans are complaining. Is that because the metagame is shifting towards protoss, or are the GSTL maps bad?
Ressant
Profile Joined February 2011
10 Posts
February 13 2011 00:15 GMT
#84
On February 13 2011 09:06 Ribbon wrote:
Are the GSTL maps actually more balanced then Blizzard ones? I'm hearing so much about how they're protoss favored, and pro Zergs and Terrans are complaining. Is that because the metagame is shifting towards protoss, or are the GSTL maps bad?


Blizzard balancing the game on their small poorly designed maps was bad. Blizzard should be balancing around GSTL maps and incorporating them into the ladder but good ole acti-blizz is too proud.
compscidude
Profile Joined December 2010
176 Posts
February 13 2011 00:22 GMT
#85
On February 13 2011 09:15 Ressant wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2011 09:06 Ribbon wrote:
Are the GSTL maps actually more balanced then Blizzard ones? I'm hearing so much about how they're protoss favored, and pro Zergs and Terrans are complaining. Is that because the metagame is shifting towards protoss, or are the GSTL maps bad?


Blizzard balancing the game on their small poorly designed maps was bad. Blizzard should be balancing around GSTL maps and incorporating them into the ladder but good ole acti-blizz is too proud.


Yes agreed. With GSTL maps, marines arnt as overpowered in the early game.
And alot more time for zerg to respond.
compscidude
Profile Joined December 2010
176 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 01:07:48
February 13 2011 01:07 GMT
#86
I was watching an interview Dustin Bowder (Head game developer for SC2) had in the late 2007.
This was when they were working on Protoss.

He said " We're adding alot of abilities to make sure that SKILLED players can do things that other players cant do.. theres things you can do with stalkers, reapers that pro gamers can do."


So.... I've been thinking what skill it takes for protoss to control their units?
Just curious you guys got ideas?
All I got is A attacking
Ashok
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia339 Posts
February 13 2011 01:11 GMT
#87
On February 13 2011 10:07 compscidude wrote:
I was watching an interview Dustin Bowder (Head game developer for SC2) had in the late 2007.
This was when they were working on Protoss.

He said " We're adding alot of abilities to make sure that SKILLED players can do things that other players cant do.. theres things you can do with stalkers, reapers that pro gamers can do."


So.... I've been thinking what skill it takes for protoss to control their units?
Just curious you guys got ideas?
All I got is A attacking


Forcefields, blink stalker micro, storms, feedback, void ray/phoenix micro. Now you may say "LAWL anybody can do that", but try doing all those things while macroing up at your base, defending against drops, taking map control, deciding how to tech up etc.
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
February 13 2011 01:46 GMT
#88
Did I just hear that Fruitdealer got a TSL Zerg invite?
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
February 13 2011 02:24 GMT
#89
On February 13 2011 10:46 CosmicSpiral wrote:
Did I just hear that Fruitdealer got a TSL Zerg invite?


Yes. Yes indeed. I'm still going omgomgomg.. the TSL is going to be StarCraft porn.
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
LORD_quasimodo
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand3 Posts
February 13 2011 03:57 GMT
#90
Hi, i am wondering where to sign up for tournaments? i want to start playing in some, just small time, im not pro or anything. can anyone help me out? with some small tournaments.

cheers
LordQuas
nathangonmad
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom317 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-13 04:50:17
February 13 2011 04:49 GMT
#91
http://www.bitsperbeat.com/sc2/

http://sc2.cups.gamesports.net/en/cup/43/

These are europe considering your in NZ I have no idea what Bnet server your on.
Keep trying Leenock
borny
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
China481 Posts
February 13 2011 05:22 GMT
#92
I have a question...

Most of us base our fanship on something. I tend to cheer for players based on country and team rather than race. However, I know there are tons of hardcore race-followers out there. SO, when you cheer for a player, you are mostly:
Poll: Biased for

Race (16)
 
40%

Team (15)
 
38%

Country (9)
 
23%

40 total votes

Your vote: Biased for

(Vote): Team
(Vote): Country
(Vote): Race



Naniwa . July . Morrow . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go STARTALE!
OmniscientSC2
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States713 Posts
February 13 2011 06:59 GMT
#93
On February 13 2011 14:22 borny wrote:
I have a question...

Most of us base our fanship on something. I tend to cheer for players based on country and team rather than race. However, I know there are tons of hardcore race-followers out there. SO, when you cheer for a player, you are mostly:
Poll: Biased for

Race (16)
 
40%

Team (15)
 
38%

Country (9)
 
23%

40 total votes

Your vote: Biased for

(Vote): Team
(Vote): Country
(Vote): Race





I cheer for good play no matter the race :X
"Did you know about Day and the Wicker Basket?" - Harem "Hi, I'm from Texas." -TLO
LORD_quasimodo
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand3 Posts
February 13 2011 09:58 GMT
#94
On February 13 2011 13:49 nathangonmad wrote:
http://www.bitsperbeat.com/sc2/

http://sc2.cups.gamesports.net/en/cup/43/

These are europe considering your in NZ I have no idea what Bnet server your on.



okay cheers man, well im living in Australia at the moment, and im playing on the asia/pacific server, do you know of any tournaments happening on these servers?

cheers
Shockk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany2269 Posts
February 13 2011 10:40 GMT
#95
On February 13 2011 14:22 borny wrote:
I have a question...

Most of us base our fanship on something. I tend to cheer for players based on country and team rather than race. However, I know there are tons of hardcore race-followers out there. SO, when you cheer for a player, you are mostly:



I cheer for individual players, regardless of where they're from, what team they're playing for and which race they play. Your poll lacks the option "individual player (skill)".
IndridCold
Profile Joined August 2010
United States385 Posts
February 13 2011 10:46 GMT
#96
On February 13 2011 14:22 borny wrote:
I have a question...

Most of us base our fanship on something. I tend to cheer for players based on country and team rather than race. However, I know there are tons of hardcore race-followers out there. SO, when you cheer for a player, you are mostly:
Poll: Biased for

Race (16)
 
40%

Team (15)
 
38%

Country (9)
 
23%

40 total votes

Your vote: Biased for

(Vote): Team
(Vote): Country
(Vote): Race



u should add play style
Evil Geniuses needs a LoL team.... Pobelter/Altec fan
borny
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
China481 Posts
February 13 2011 15:02 GMT
#97
Well, I kind of figured that everyone cheers based on play style but then has a bias towards one of the three things I mentioned
Naniwa . July . Morrow . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go STARTALE!
ToastieNL
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands845 Posts
February 13 2011 16:10 GMT
#98
I watch all races and I play Random mostly, but deep in my heart Zerg always claims it's place
Zerg lategame is imbalanced as shit. Also: "Protoss is really strong recently. Perhaps, it's time for there to be some changes for Terran." -MMA. Even MMA asks for buffs. Srsly Blizzard. Srsly.
Hilo
Profile Joined December 2010
Estonia114 Posts
February 13 2011 19:35 GMT
#99


Very interesting video of Starcraft.. 2007
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
February 13 2011 20:22 GMT
#100
A comment about observing: when a gas geyser or spawn larva injection finishes, it's fun to just wait a few seconds to see how long it takes the player to populate the geyser or re-cast the spell.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 61
MindelVK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30594
Bisu 2607
Shuttle 1684
Hyuk 1032
EffOrt 803
Mini 763
Larva 404
Soma 382
firebathero 230
ZerO 230
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 59
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Mong 42
PianO 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
ToSsGirL 30
Killer 26
zelot 17
Rock 15
JulyZerg 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1648
Dendi951
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1429
crisheroes1077
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt648
Mlord359
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee182
Liquid`VortiX162
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King77
Trikslyr18
ZerO(Twitch)15
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 68
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1823
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
6m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 6m
INu's Battles
20h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.