• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:54
CEST 17:54
KST 00:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7639 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
HwangjaeTerran
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Finland5967 Posts
February 08 2011 22:07 GMT
#41
Has anyone else noticed that when you go on your character page in bnet and look at your division the names are compeletely mixed up and even switch randomly everytime you refresh?
The points and wins are still correct but the names are just random.

This on EU.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/*tlusernamehere*/
TnG
Profile Joined February 2011
Norway1 Post
February 08 2011 23:10 GMT
#42
Played a 4v4 today where i managed to cancel a Hatchery with a pheonix. Is it supposed to be like this or a bug?
NoisyNinja
Profile Joined February 2011
United States991 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 23:45:29
February 08 2011 23:42 GMT
#43
So what is the best PvZ strategy you can think of? Also, what strategy do you do in TvT to avoid a midmap Tank Viking Standoff?

Note: I am silver level. I don't know everything (otherwise I wouldn't be here). I am also new to this forum, so I don't know if level or playstyle matters (unlike on some other forums). So if you are going to flame me, go ahead, I don't really care. I'm just wondering.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
February 09 2011 02:09 GMT
#44
On February 09 2011 08:42 NoisyNinja wrote:
So what is the best PvZ strategy you can think of? Also, what strategy do you do in TvT to avoid a midmap Tank Viking Standoff?

Note: I am silver level. I don't know everything (otherwise I wouldn't be here). I am also new to this forum, so I don't know if level or playstyle matters (unlike on some other forums). So if you are going to flame me, go ahead, I don't really care. I'm just wondering.

you play a marine marauder medivac heavy drop game, and harsh harrass of the mineral line etc. It's really hard to avoid. but Think Marineking is all I can say
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
DeaTh-ShiNoBi
Profile Joined November 2010
United States21 Posts
February 09 2011 03:15 GMT
#45
On February 07 2011 09:33 Reborn8u wrote:
What do you feel the best answer to late game mass thor (10+) is in pvt? Immortals and voids get crushed by them, I am thinking colossus plus storm w/ chargelot + stalker. Should I include a few immortals though? Maybe a few voids to abuse the long AA cooldown of thors? What proportions and mix is optimal? Is there a better composition for dealing with this? Since you have probably done more experimentation with high level mech in pvt than most, I figured you would know what beats it. I know using prisms to harass is a good idea to abuse the immobility, but when them thors come a knockin at my front door how do I beat them back in a direct confrontation and how does my composition need to change to account for things like MM, or starport units being mixed in?


I actually have an extremely hard time believing that void rays would lose to thors, unless you clump the void rays up into a little ball so that they get splashed.... If you just magic box them like you would magic box mutas, you should absolutely annihilate thors.
Carrier has arrived
WyrdWolf
Profile Joined October 2010
United States17 Posts
February 09 2011 03:38 GMT
#46
To the protoss out there: if you 1-Gate FE vs terran, what do you usually transition to and when? I like to get 2 more gates up and the robo to colossi, personally, because I'm not the best at spreading my templar.
I cast. You should watch. =] http://www.youtube.com/wyrdcast
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
February 09 2011 07:01 GMT
#47
Did anyone else notice the neutral supply depots on Terminus RE? I thought this is a great addition as it prevents a bunker/pylon block on the ramp.
GP
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1056 Posts
February 09 2011 07:42 GMT
#48
On February 09 2011 12:15 DeaTh-ShiNoBi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 09:33 Reborn8u wrote:
What do you feel the best answer to late game mass thor (10+) is in pvt? Immortals and voids get crushed by them, I am thinking colossus plus storm w/ chargelot + stalker. Should I include a few immortals though? Maybe a few voids to abuse the long AA cooldown of thors? What proportions and mix is optimal? Is there a better composition for dealing with this? Since you have probably done more experimentation with high level mech in pvt than most, I figured you would know what beats it. I know using prisms to harass is a good idea to abuse the immobility, but when them thors come a knockin at my front door how do I beat them back in a direct confrontation and how does my composition need to change to account for things like MM, or starport units being mixed in?


I actually have an extremely hard time believing that void rays would lose to thors, unless you clump the void rays up into a little ball so that they get splashed.... If you just magic box them like you would magic box mutas, you should absolutely annihilate thors.

Did you see Artosis's Code A qualifier?
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
February 09 2011 16:14 GMT
#49
Didn't see this elsewhere yet, but Kotaku did a little blurb on Fruitdealer. It's.. a bit behind on the times, but whatever, at least TL got some linkage out of it. Link.
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
xDoomxRKO
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5 Posts
February 09 2011 16:23 GMT
#50
Hey guys im Hosting a tournament first place 30 dollars second 10 dollars come to channel doom

heres a link to tournament www.wix.com/xxmegamanxx36/doomtournament
I AM the GAME !!!
Noam
Profile Joined September 2010
Israel2209 Posts
February 09 2011 16:43 GMT
#51
Do you guys know of any clan leagues on EU besides the SC2CL ?
Liquipedia
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 09 2011 17:59 GMT
#52
On February 09 2011 16:42 GP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 12:15 DeaTh-ShiNoBi wrote:
On February 07 2011 09:33 Reborn8u wrote:
What do you feel the best answer to late game mass thor (10+) is in pvt? Immortals and voids get crushed by them, I am thinking colossus plus storm w/ chargelot + stalker. Should I include a few immortals though? Maybe a few voids to abuse the long AA cooldown of thors? What proportions and mix is optimal? Is there a better composition for dealing with this? Since you have probably done more experimentation with high level mech in pvt than most, I figured you would know what beats it. I know using prisms to harass is a good idea to abuse the immobility, but when them thors come a knockin at my front door how do I beat them back in a direct confrontation and how does my composition need to change to account for things like MM, or starport units being mixed in?


I actually have an extremely hard time believing that void rays would lose to thors, unless you clump the void rays up into a little ball so that they get splashed.... If you just magic box them like you would magic box mutas, you should absolutely annihilate thors.

Did you see Artosis's Code A qualifier?

That's because artosis didn't upgrade air and was grossly outnumbered, let alone be similar in resources invested. Vr is a fine counter to thors as long as upgrades are roughly even.
Official Entusman #21
Raumfahrer
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway2 Posts
February 09 2011 19:11 GMT
#53
Sooo, what was the point of having two zergs talking about imbalanced protoss for 30 minutes? Would Team Liquid consider doing the same thing, but ignoring imbalances and just talk... so I guess its not about imbalance, just about starcraft. So not the same thing at all.
LambtrOn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States671 Posts
February 09 2011 19:20 GMT
#54
I recently bought a EU version of the game off bnet. A few days later, the account got deactivated and I got a refund. I don't think I used a real address. Does blizzard check that stuff? What do I need to do to actually buy an EU copy off bnet?
GhostFall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States830 Posts
February 09 2011 23:10 GMT
#55
Question to those with a gomtv subscription.

Does gomtv have a video replay of the group selection process for this GSL??
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 00:25:13
February 10 2011 00:10 GMT
#56
On February 10 2011 08:10 GhostFall wrote:
Question to those with a gomtv subscription.

Does gomtv have a video replay of the group selection process for this GSL??


They apparently have a Korean version up, but I don't see an international one yet. I guess it's mostly due to the language thing, though it may still appear, dunno.
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
GhostFall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States830 Posts
February 10 2011 01:50 GMT
#57
i remember watching it when it was streamed. Even if it was just a korean version, wouldn't it have John translating?
schimmetje
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1104 Posts
February 10 2011 02:23 GMT
#58
On February 10 2011 10:50 GhostFall wrote:
i remember watching it when it was streamed. Even if it was just a korean version, wouldn't it have John translating?


Yeah that's true. I didn't actually get to watch it so I'd love one too ESPECIALLY if it has John <3
Change to MY nostalgia? UNACCEPTABLE! Monkey paaaw!
RandomCoolName
Profile Joined February 2011
1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 12:20:54
February 10 2011 12:20 GMT
#59
Thought this might be a good place to put this.

[image loading]
seph`
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria329 Posts
February 10 2011 13:31 GMT
#60
On February 10 2011 01:43 Noam wrote:
Do you guys know of any clan leagues on EU besides the SC2CL ?

there's a sc2-clanwar-ladder @ESL (beside all the other shit there).
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 61
MindelVK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30594
Bisu 2607
Shuttle 1684
Hyuk 1032
EffOrt 803
Mini 763
Larva 404
Soma 382
firebathero 230
ZerO 230
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 59
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Mong 42
PianO 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
ToSsGirL 30
Killer 26
zelot 17
Rock 15
JulyZerg 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1648
Dendi951
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1429
crisheroes1077
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt648
Mlord359
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee182
Liquid`VortiX162
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King77
Trikslyr18
ZerO(Twitch)15
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 68
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1823
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
6m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 6m
INu's Battles
20h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.