• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:09
CEST 05:09
KST 12:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8838 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
vardsun
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3 Posts
February 26 2011 22:01 GMT
#221
hey what do you guys think of the new 1v1 ladder maps? The ones that i just got were Slag Pits, The shattered temple, backwater gulch and typhoon peaks. so they took out lost temple, steppes of war, jungle basin and i dont remember the last one.
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
February 27 2011 18:34 GMT
#222
I have a question about promotion and bonus pools. I'm on the cusp of promoting to Diamond (I'm winning most matches against Diamond players) but despite a bunch of wins lately I still haven't been able to promote. I thought this may be due to my bonus pool being rather high.

Right now I've got about 415 points left in my pool (though that's down from 600 points last night, I've been a busy bee). Will the system not move me until my bonus pool is below a certain level? I know that Blizzard mentioned only wanting to move "active" players into the Grand Masters league, does that limitation apply to all league movement?
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
Chickenlord
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany1 Post
February 27 2011 19:07 GMT
#223
As far as i know, the system won't choose to not promote you, just because of this bonuspool. I've had a second account myself and got promoted with a pool like 2k. But right now it seems nobody really knows, whats going on inside blizzards ladder system.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
February 27 2011 19:09 GMT
#224
On February 25 2011 12:31 Gman1216 wrote:
Anyone seen this yet?

Video

yea it has a spotlighted thread lol
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Gene(S)is
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden419 Posts
February 27 2011 21:33 GMT
#225
On February 27 2011 07:01 vardsun wrote:
hey what do you guys think of the new 1v1 ladder maps? The ones that i just got were Slag Pits, The shattered temple, backwater gulch and typhoon peaks. so they took out lost temple, steppes of war, jungle basin and i dont remember the last one.


I like them, most of them offers huge spaces in the middle where you can have a more fair fight like in the old brood war days. I reckon "balls" won't be as hard to stop anymore.
For the swarm
Gene(S)is
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden419 Posts
February 27 2011 22:00 GMT
#226
On February 27 2011 07:01 vardsun wrote:
hey what do you guys think of the new 1v1 ladder maps? The ones that i just got were Slag Pits, The shattered temple, backwater gulch and typhoon peaks. so they took out lost temple, steppes of war, jungle basin and i dont remember the last one.


I like them, most of them offers huge spaces in the middle where you can have a more fair fight like in the old brood war days. I reckon "balls" won't be as hard to stop anymore.
For the swarm
ProtossBlade
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2 Posts
February 27 2011 23:18 GMT
#227
I've got a question: if i applied on this site does that mean on Team Liquid in SC2?
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
February 28 2011 05:09 GMT
#228
Just found out there is iphone/ipad support for GSL ticket, any idea on what they are? The iphone apps are only for season 1-3 and gomtv.net does not play video on iphone, so...
exKid
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United Kingdom118 Posts
February 28 2011 05:21 GMT
#229
I noticed this a while ago but only started discussing with friends so thought I would bring it up, when did buildings start getting prioritised when doing an attack-move?

I'm quite certain you have previously been able to attack-move when in someone’s base and have your units move and engage an army normally. However, within the last few weeks, I've noticed that units will now shoot the nearest building even if there is a unit like 1 hex out of range. This makes fighing a battle in somones base kinda hard because half your army engages while half decide it'd be better to shoot at a supply depot while everything else is getting killed...

When did this change come about? was it intentional or maybe some error when the SCV repairing priority thing was introduced?
Defilie
Profile Joined September 2010
Russian Federation28 Posts
February 28 2011 10:56 GMT
#230
Hey guys, is there a comprehensive analysis article of the new ladder maps? I'd love to see it...
icclown
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Denmark270 Posts
February 28 2011 11:48 GMT
#231
Who the hell is the teenager, with the broken voice, ruining GSL?

seriously...?
He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past. BUFFER INTO GG
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
February 28 2011 19:50 GMT
#232
On February 28 2011 20:48 icclown wrote:
Who the hell is the teenager, with the broken voice, ruining GSL?

seriously...?


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=194088

KellyMilkies.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
February 28 2011 20:50 GMT
#233
I have what feels like dull aching bands running down the inside of my forearm to my wrists. Pangs of pain occasionally occur in my wrists as well. It def. seems like it is related to me playing a bit more SC2. What kind I do about this? Stop playing for a bit? Elevate my wrists? Really dunno what to do.
not a hero
fadestep
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States605 Posts
February 28 2011 20:51 GMT
#234
On February 28 2011 03:34 AJMcSpiffy wrote:
I have a question about promotion and bonus pools. I'm on the cusp of promoting to Diamond (I'm winning most matches against Diamond players) but despite a bunch of wins lately I still haven't been able to promote. I thought this may be due to my bonus pool being rather high.

Right now I've got about 415 points left in my pool (though that's down from 600 points last night, I've been a busy bee). Will the system not move me until my bonus pool is below a certain level? I know that Blizzard mentioned only wanting to move "active" players into the Grand Masters league, does that limitation apply to all league movement?


No. I came back to the game after a long absence and got promoted to Platinum within a few days with a 3k~ bonus pool. After a couple weeks I got promoted to Diamond with about 2k~ bonus pool. The system just wants to be 100% confident you won't get to Diamond and be outclassed. Just stick with it.
not a hero
ViCiaDo
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11 Posts
February 28 2011 23:39 GMT
#235
pvnchs.202

just joined. i just got off a 2 month break of sc2. it was a bad choice but im a little rusty right now im competitive against silver 1v1 and gold teams. please feel free to ask to team up...

pvnchs
OMFGwindmill
Profile Joined December 2010
United States14 Posts
March 01 2011 01:33 GMT
#236
Hello!

Calling all Chicagoland Sc2 Players. I am seeing who is interested in attending a tournament. Upon gathering the information, I can host a tournament, find accommodation, and gather sponsors. I just need interest and from there I can move forward with this plan. Thank you guys, feel free to PM me.
"I prevent forest fires"
blacklist_member
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia318 Posts
March 01 2011 04:49 GMT
#237
Can anyone tell me what a season is?
and what happens when a season ends

I see everyone talking about it but cant seem to find what its about

a quick google wouldn't give me anything
MC and MKP fighting ^^
lasse1234
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark28 Posts
March 01 2011 15:30 GMT
#238
As far as I know a season is the time between ladder resets. So when the season ends, is when the ladder gets reset.

I didn't know if this would qualify for its own thread so I'll just post it here:
As most of you probably know a scv set to auto repair will repair anything, even when attack moving. I thought about what effects it would have, if the scv's would also prioritise repairing over gathering resources. So for example you scv's would automatically start repairng a turret close to the mineral line if it gets attacked by mutas, and then go back to mining. this would greatly increase the time it takes for the mutas to kill the turret, compared to manually sending the scv's to repair.

So what are your thoughts on this? would it be a good thing to implement in the game?
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
March 01 2011 17:50 GMT
#239
Can anyone tell me in some of the games I've seen, how come terran have 1 rax with a tech lab/reactor while the other 2 rax (whether it be 2-3-4-5-6-11111111 rax) they don't have anything?

Like what's the significance to it?
Aiyeeeee
Ponyo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1231 Posts
March 01 2011 19:05 GMT
#240
its march oh my god!!! how about them new 1 v 1 maps!
ponyo.848
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 194
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10181
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King98
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 97
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 51m
INu's Battles
8h 51m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
Replay Cast
19h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.