• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:54
CEST 17:54
KST 00:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7639 users

[February] SC2 General Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Alberta Beef
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7 Posts
February 10 2011 14:11 GMT
#61


In all seriousness though anyone else watch this?
artosis " it seem like every korean wants to take you down, how does it feel to have all these koreans with a vendetta against you" idra lolz " i think it's funny there so buthurt about it"
snafulator
Profile Joined January 2011
Antigua/Barbuda72 Posts
February 10 2011 14:23 GMT
#62
hahahah
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-10 17:10:06
February 10 2011 17:08 GMT
#63
On February 07 2011 09:33 Reborn8u wrote:
What do you feel the best answer to late game mass thor (10+) is in pvt? Immortals and voids get crushed by them, I am thinking colossus plus storm w/ chargelot + stalker. Should I include a few immortals though? Maybe a few voids to abuse the long AA cooldown of thors? What proportions and mix is optimal? Is there a better composition for dealing with this? Since you have probably done more experimentation with high level mech in pvt than most, I figured you would know what beats it. I know using prisms to harass is a good idea to abuse the immobility, but when them thors come a knockin at my front door how do I beat them back in a direct confrontation and how does my composition need to change to account for things like MM, or starport units being mixed in?

If Thors arent supported by vikings, the best counter is carriers, or mothership. Mothership + archons vs thors = rape. You get a few archons in there with the thors, then they pop out together and bam 10 thors gone in .6 seconds.

Mothership is actually pretty damn good in general, if you can get a recall off vs a meching terran it can be game, no spidermines to fuck with you in this game and mech doesnt re-position well.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
SeakayKu
Profile Joined October 2010
United States128 Posts
February 10 2011 19:39 GMT
#64
tell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n Formerly FrozenArbiter


so... what the hell does this mean to the general public?
It's an Art and I hope I can see beautifully fought matches.
FILM
Profile Joined September 2010
United States663 Posts
February 10 2011 21:36 GMT
#65
What did you guys think of Squirtle's mothership usage vs MVP in the GSTL finals? I kept thinking he would use it to abuse mobility like KiWiKaKi does.
Artosis:  "It's like Detroit in there."   Tasteless:  "Lots of shootings and damaged buildings."
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
February 11 2011 01:30 GMT
#66
Who cares what he used them for .. HE BUILT 2!
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Sadist
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States7328 Posts
February 11 2011 02:07 GMT
#67
What opener tvz do you have the most success with? I 2 raxed for quite a while but as zergs became accustomed to the timings (blue flame hellion transition, blue flame hellion BEFORE expand, blue flame hellion AND banshee, 5 rax, you name it) I started to get the feeling that I had before which was that terran attacks past midgame are essentially all in vs zerg because if you lose a significant part of your army (unless you are at their frontdoor) they will outproduce you and eventually run you over.

Ive been going 1-1-1 with banshee then viking for scouting and it seemed to do well. The reasoning is that I can get my tanks quicker for a faster midgame push as well as getting a raven out for killing creep spread. The downside is it STILL feels like midgame is a bit of an all in. Sheth told me he felt 2-rax was still the best build but it just doesnt seem like it. 1 rax expand makes me feel like i get stuck in my base forever and Im playing blind essentially.


Also do you ever win cross positions metal vs zerg? :D
How do you go from where you are to where you want to be? I think you have to have an enthusiasm for life. You have to have a dream, a goal and you have to be willing to work for it. Jim Valvano
Lokian
Profile Joined March 2010
United States699 Posts
February 11 2011 02:15 GMT
#68
Squirtle used vortex on the front tank line of MVP. I noticed he let a couple of zealots get sucked in. The vortex probably sucked in 4 tanks and some other units. Right as the units popped back out of the vortex, the zealots were targetted by the back tank line and most of MVP's units inside the vortex got direct splash damage and died. Squirtle even stormed it but it was a little delayed reaction.

I'm wondering, does the tank split in siege mode after coming out of a vortex? I don't see how a siege tank will move apart like that.

Watch my gaming channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BedinSpace
LesPhoques
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada782 Posts
February 11 2011 03:09 GMT
#69
Random thought: Does anyone else think that roaches are too fast after the speed upgrade? Off and on creep ... By lowering their speed AND increasing hydra's speed, especially off-creep would be more fair, in my opinion. What do you people think?
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 11 2011 20:43 GMT
#70
On February 11 2011 02:08 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 07 2011 09:33 Reborn8u wrote:
What do you feel the best answer to late game mass thor (10+) is in pvt? Immortals and voids get crushed by them, I am thinking colossus plus storm w/ chargelot + stalker. Should I include a few immortals though? Maybe a few voids to abuse the long AA cooldown of thors? What proportions and mix is optimal? Is there a better composition for dealing with this? Since you have probably done more experimentation with high level mech in pvt than most, I figured you would know what beats it. I know using prisms to harass is a good idea to abuse the immobility, but when them thors come a knockin at my front door how do I beat them back in a direct confrontation and how does my composition need to change to account for things like MM, or starport units being mixed in?

If Thors arent supported by vikings, the best counter is carriers, or mothership. Mothership + archons vs thors = rape. You get a few archons in there with the thors, then they pop out together and bam 10 thors gone in .6 seconds.

Mothership is actually pretty damn good in general, if you can get a recall off vs a meching terran it can be game, no spidermines to fuck with you in this game and mech doesnt re-position well.

What would be your ideal composition vs late game Protoss with carrier/ht/mothership? I would like to hear your opinion on late game TvP army strength.
Official Entusman #21
compscidude
Profile Joined December 2010
176 Posts
February 11 2011 21:38 GMT
#71
Blizzard need to step up and hire some progamers to help them balance the game asap?
This is gettign out of hand. The company has enugh resoures and man power to balance this god damn game already.

Any opinions on this?
zotok
Profile Joined October 2010
United States66 Posts
February 12 2011 00:17 GMT
#72
Analysis of Empire Kas's PvT games http://db.tt/YkGjZCu



I forget that a counter to a terran unit , can be countered by the special ability of the unit itself - Nova
Tactical
Profile Joined January 2011
United States77 Posts
February 12 2011 02:30 GMT
#73
Is anybody else having this issue today? Just lost 3 ladder games in a row which I was quite a bit ahead in before I rage quit from this. It's not a local network issue.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4615/failzh.jpg
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
February 12 2011 06:01 GMT
#74
I felt this didn't warrant its own thread, but I would love an answer ASAP from a Terran:

How do I cope with playing Mech? Sometimes I feel like there is just so much shit going on that I just get overwhelmed. Everything is so slow paced, that so much money just builds up. Not to say I am not macroing good, but coming from playing Toss I'm trying to micro my units that simply don't need to be micro'd that hard.

Basically, how do you cope with siege tanks + defensive structures + expanding + macro as a mech terran? It just seems so overwhelming.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
February 12 2011 07:07 GMT
#75
On February 12 2011 15:01 Fruscainte wrote:
I felt this didn't warrant its own thread, but I would love an answer ASAP from a Terran:

How do I cope with playing Mech? Sometimes I feel like there is just so much shit going on that I just get overwhelmed. Everything is so slow paced, that so much money just builds up. Not to say I am not macroing good, but coming from playing Toss I'm trying to micro my units that simply don't need to be micro'd that hard.

Basically, how do you cope with siege tanks + defensive structures + expanding + macro as a mech terran? It just seems so overwhelming.

vs a heavy siege tank army, you can go mass immo. If it's a more thor-heavy mech army, then you can go carrier if money allows or vr. It is VERY important to go double core immediately and get your air upgrades as soon as you can afford it.
Official Entusman #21
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
February 12 2011 10:03 GMT
#76
On February 12 2011 15:01 Fruscainte wrote:
I felt this didn't warrant its own thread, but I would love an answer ASAP from a Terran:

How do I cope with playing Mech? Sometimes I feel like there is just so much shit going on that I just get overwhelmed. Everything is so slow paced, that so much money just builds up. Not to say I am not macroing good, but coming from playing Toss I'm trying to micro my units that simply don't need to be micro'd that hard.

Basically, how do you cope with siege tanks + defensive structures + expanding + macro as a mech terran? It just seems so overwhelming.

I play a version of mech marine/thor/banshee later adding tank/viking against zerg. The key to my mech play is the banshee where it is used as a mobile harassment and defensive force (e.g. against run-bys and drops). Banshees are also very high dps against roaches.
SegataSan
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia17 Posts
February 12 2011 10:38 GMT
#77
I really don't know where to put his, so I figured the general discussion thread was a good start (and I am prepared for the backlash). You know what really grinds my gears? No, it's not mechanical friction or lack of lubricant but the players that do not concede to an obvious defeat.

That's right.

Those guys! The ones that hide their shit across the map and lead you on a game of cat and mouse for 30 minutes. They spam build/mine just to prolong the game.

Hail the draw timer, for which will lead to our downfalls should this new generation of "no-gg'rs" remain in the game. Eliminate the draw, have a detection for this behaviour.

My two-cents.
"You can make a throne on bayonets, but you can't sit on it" - Boris Yeltsen
Aragos
Profile Joined October 2010
France182 Posts
February 12 2011 12:29 GMT
#78
On February 10 2011 23:11 Alberta Beef wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlc0S8LLtsg&feature=player_embedded

In all seriousness though anyone else watch this?



Very nice
BEARDiaguz
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia2362 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 15:20:09
February 12 2011 14:58 GMT
#79
On February 07 2011 22:27 Mentymion wrote:
I still don't get it why the Marines start with 45HP while other starting units have excatly the same stats as in bw. Nothing has changed for the Zerglings and Zealots even got nerfed from 100HP/60Shields to 100HP/50Shields cuz of the improved Shields reg. to compensate that. (As a Protoss player myself i must say that this improved Shield reg. is so damn stupid cuz it never actually had that much of an impact on my games. All I can do is simply to attack move with them and hope that they dont get shredded to pieces cuz retreating with Zealots on Creep/against Speedlings or Stalkers + Marines with Stim or Marauders with Concussive......its always the dead end for a zealot so this improved Shield reg is kinda non effective....but well....)

The Offical reasoning behind the 45HP Marine + 10HP Combatshields was to make the Marines more effective during mit to late games, but the point is they already were good in these situations. Do they rly need those additional 5HP right at the start ? I would rather prefer a vanilla Marine with 40 HP + 15 HP Combat Shield Upgrade because that sounds more reasonable to me than the old shit.

I was begging so long for this change but it never ever has appeared in the patch logs. Replays of pros always supported my Idea cuz Marine/hellions pushes are so damn strong, Zealots & Zerglings needed an additional swipe to kill the Marine,list goes on...

I was even laughing hardcore where you, Jinro, actually won the last game against IdrA where he tried to 6 pool you and you built that bunker in your mineral line and got that 5HP Marine into that bunker in the very last second. Artosis even mentioned that IdrA had analysed your scouting pattern on that map and IdrA was sending his Zerglings around your scouting route....well IdrA gg'ed after the Marine was safe.

I'am the only one who thinks that this 45HP Marine is to strong in beginng or do you guys think that the Zealot need his former self back ?


Well, SCV's have 45 hp instead of 60.

Is that ok with you?

EDIT- ok, to expand a bit more on this to sound a bit less dickly...

Marines nowadays got it tough compared to Broodwar (ok, not ACTUALLY true, but bear with me here, hehe). We gotta deal with larvae injected mass ling pump, early banes and early roaches. Our buddy SCV's got less health and medics now require starport tech. And 5 hp is somehow too much?
ProgamerAustralian alcohol user follow @iaguzSC2
6xy
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Philippines51 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-12 19:34:20
February 12 2011 19:31 GMT
#80
Hey guys, I wanted to ask about UNITS that control space. I keep hearing on SotG that there aren't a lot of units that can control space like those lurkers do in BW. I'd like to know more about it. I play Z most of the time and I've found that only infestors (fungal with energy upgrade) and a decent mass of mutas would help me conserve larva and keep army size low while I whore out on drones. I just wanted to get more feedback regarding this. most of my losses come when my opponents just have so much more shit than i could manage to macro up against..

i dont really know when to take my third although ive noticed that after 18+ mins, most games thati win is when i manage to keep up with their production with a macro hatch.

just wanted to try if i could get some feedback here since this post doesnt really warrant a big thread.

I love zerg and i simply enjoy the macro mechanic, but i mostly lose. I've been considering switching races but i have second thoughts because i love playing zerg so much. but i just cant seem to get good at it. teetering at the edge of silver is not much fun. (bronze was fun)
zerg, zerg everywhere.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 61
MindelVK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30594
Bisu 2607
Shuttle 1684
Hyuk 1032
EffOrt 803
Mini 763
Larva 404
Soma 382
firebathero 230
ZerO 230
[ Show more ]
hero 138
Sexy 59
Hyun 44
sorry 43
Mong 42
PianO 39
Trap 38
Pusan 37
ToSsGirL 30
Killer 26
zelot 17
Rock 15
JulyZerg 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1648
Dendi951
Counter-Strike
fl0m3192
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1429
crisheroes1077
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt648
Mlord359
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee182
Liquid`VortiX162
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS93
Mew2King77
Trikslyr18
ZerO(Twitch)15
CosmosSc2 14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream45
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 68
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1823
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
6m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 6m
INu's Battles
20h 6m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 6m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.