• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:47
CEST 16:47
KST 23:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7980 users

GSL soundproof issue - Interview Censorship - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
January 22 2011 19:54 GMT
#141
I'm fine with it, since they already made a statement. If they stayed quiet I wouldn't be.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
January 22 2011 20:45 GMT
#142
People are overreacting...

It would be an issue if they censored it and did nothing to resolve the issue, but they've made a public statement saying that they have already fixed the 'problem' if there even was one.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 20:49:21
January 22 2011 20:48 GMT
#143
Have 0 problems with them snipping this out, they made a direct statement addressing the issue for the fans who were bothered. I'd be more annoyed if they don't actually take steps to address it.
applejuice
Profile Joined October 2010
307 Posts
January 22 2011 21:13 GMT
#144
On January 23 2011 03:44 Ludwigvan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2011 02:43 applejuice wrote:
I heard they are "soundproof curtains". Since when are curtains LOL soundproof? They should really add doors, or something.

I think I remeber that there is a door and a curtain. You can see it in one of the jinro (not the idra game) or boxer games where they go to their opponent after the match. I might be wrong, but I dont want to search for it all day.


I'm not so sure- I'm watched a LOT of the matches, and I've never seen anyone open a door.
sqrt
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1210 Posts
January 22 2011 21:15 GMT
#145
On January 23 2011 06:13 applejuice wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2011 03:44 Ludwigvan wrote:
On January 23 2011 02:43 applejuice wrote:
I heard they are "soundproof curtains". Since when are curtains LOL soundproof? They should really add doors, or something.

I think I remeber that there is a door and a curtain. You can see it in one of the jinro (not the idra game) or boxer games where they go to their opponent after the match. I might be wrong, but I dont want to search for it all day.


I'm not so sure- I'm watched a LOT of the matches, and I've never seen anyone open a door.


The camera never goes behind the booth, where the door is. The door is covered by curtains
@
applejuice
Profile Joined October 2010
307 Posts
January 22 2011 21:25 GMT
#146
On January 23 2011 06:15 sqrt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2011 06:13 applejuice wrote:
On January 23 2011 03:44 Ludwigvan wrote:
On January 23 2011 02:43 applejuice wrote:
I heard they are "soundproof curtains". Since when are curtains LOL soundproof? They should really add doors, or something.

I think I remeber that there is a door and a curtain. You can see it in one of the jinro (not the idra game) or boxer games where they go to their opponent after the match. I might be wrong, but I dont want to search for it all day.


I'm not so sure- I'm watched a LOT of the matches, and I've never seen anyone open a door.


The camera never goes behind the booth, where the door is. The door is covered by curtains


don't care if there's 10 doors. There's either no door, or it's made of bubble wrap. Otherwise, they surely would have mentioned the door here:

"Players felt uncomfortable about soundproofing earset and headset, and pointed out sound curtain is too big. So we have used only headset without an earset and eased sound curtain. Behind of Jinro's booth, there is a speaker. All these circumstances made the issue today. "

The curtain and headsets are clearly what they are relying on to reduce the sound, even if there is a door.

Keitzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2509 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 21:29:57
January 22 2011 21:29 GMT
#147
wwoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooWwwwww

that's retarded...

god damnit GOM... realize your errors and fix them, don't cover them up!

EDIT: I know they made a statement, but don't cover it up,,,,
I'm like badass squared | KeitZer.489
Spacemanspiff
Profile Joined September 2010
United States116 Posts
January 22 2011 21:30 GMT
#148
If they fix the problem then there is no need to edit out what jinro said, and if they don't fix the problem editing is hiding the problem. At best editing takes information from the spectators, and I don't understand why people think that is a good thing.
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
January 22 2011 21:41 GMT
#149
They released a statement about it. There is no cover up.
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
briandawkins
Profile Joined October 2010
United States19 Posts
January 22 2011 22:05 GMT
#150
I hope they go back and edit all the comments about pre-1.2 balance. I wouldn't want any future watchers to get confused. It could hurt eSports!
Redmark
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada2129 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 22:16:45
January 22 2011 22:15 GMT
#151
I acknowledge that the culture there may be different, that doesn't mean I cannot apply my own judgment of what constitutes ethical behavior when deciding how to spend my own money. And even so, I'm buying the English service aren't I? If one wanted to give some sort of multicultural excuse for what I think is bad behavior, then if I'm watching an English stream they should know enough about Western culture to know how upset many of their foreign viewers would be. Thanks for the reply though

He's not saying that it's fine because it's Korea or whatever, he's saying that it's not such a big deal even if it's stupid.
We're not trying to convince you to forgive GOM for this, we're trying to say that this is not deal, not because covering stuff up is okay but because this isn't really a coverup. Obviously you may not agree, but I think people are taking the wrong conclusions out of some posts.
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
January 22 2011 22:18 GMT
#152
They responded immediately with their press statement, I'm fine with them not wanting to look bad forever.
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
January 22 2011 22:18 GMT
#153
On January 23 2011 07:05 briandawkins wrote:
I hope they go back and edit all the comments about pre-1.2 balance. I wouldn't want any future watchers to get confused. It could hurt eSports!

"we are really sorry about the balance issues, and are aware of it. Every single blizzard member got a smack on the bottom. The feeling of this will never expire."
However, blizzard is not gomtv.
Krehlmar
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1149 Posts
January 22 2011 22:58 GMT
#154
Bad decition, people will know about it and think it's stupid as hell.

Bad played GomTV. I still love you but still...
My Comment Doesnt Matter Because No One Reads It
Spacemanspiff
Profile Joined September 2010
United States116 Posts
January 22 2011 23:03 GMT
#155
How does releasing a statement make it ok to remove information from the video? If anything they should have added the statement. How is removing context of the statement helpful to either GOM or spectators?
Herculix
Profile Joined May 2010
United States946 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-22 23:14:54
January 22 2011 23:14 GMT
#156
they were probably just trying to remove it for crowd control purposes. what does it matter whether they document their mistake for everyone to see? what matters to me is that they admit they made a mistake and they fix it, which they did. i feel like there is a huge double standard here, of people thinking GOM should broadcast their faults to the world when no one here would if they could avoid it

apparently the streisand effect applies here, but perhaps they weren't aware of such a thing. i do think if they truly wanted to tone down the awareness of the issue, they should've just let it be. i don't think it's the best way to handle it, but i don't think they are being suspicious or shady by doing this and that many people in this thread are overly critical
Healingproof
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden81 Posts
January 22 2011 23:17 GMT
#157
HAHAHAH ;D the cut is hillarious "I'll be honest. I tried to cancel my 2nd barracks, but i cancelled my marine" hahaha :D Yea im glad u were honest about that!
Spacemanspiff
Profile Joined September 2010
United States116 Posts
January 22 2011 23:23 GMT
#158
On January 23 2011 08:14 Herculix wrote:
they were probably just trying to remove it for crowd control purposes. what does it matter whether they document their mistake for everyone to see? what matters to me is that they admit they made a mistake and they fix it, which they did.


The problem was that they admitted it, and then removed something that gave context to what they admitted and the match. One can make an argument that its exaggerated now, but that doesn't mean their logic was flawed.
Arryn
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany95 Posts
January 22 2011 23:32 GMT
#159
That press release was definitely the right decision, cutting the interview on the other hand was a pretty bad move. Not sure what i should think about this.
briandawkins
Profile Joined October 2010
United States19 Posts
January 22 2011 23:35 GMT
#160
Also, Blizzard should stop numbering patches. No reason to document their mistakes. It's enough to say they took care of balance problems.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 432
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32484
Bisu 3049
Shuttle 1749
Hyuk 1358
EffOrt 753
Mini 672
Larva 347
Soma 284
firebathero 246
ZerO 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 110
hero 95
Last 81
Sexy 78
Mong 45
Hyun 44
Killer 42
Pusan 36
ToSsGirL 36
PianO 32
Bale 31
Trap 29
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 20
zelot 16
Rock 11
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7894
qojqva1507
Dendi778
Counter-Strike
fl0m2439
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
crisheroes982
Liquid`Hasu566
Lowko444
Other Games
singsing2275
B2W.Neo1343
Beastyqt494
Livibee218
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX147
KnowMe112
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King88
elazer67
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 4
• poizon28 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV193
League of Legends
• Jankos2022
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 13m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 13m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 13m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 13m
INu's Battles
21h 13m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.