• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:55
CEST 00:55
KST 07:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9408 users

SC2 Master League Information - Page 32

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 38 Next All
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
January 29 2011 16:58 GMT
#621
On January 26 2011 10:10 hyun360 wrote:
Just got promoted to masters right now. Was in diamond at roughly 2650 points and then after promotion, 2350. For what it's worth, for the last 15 games or so I kept getting matched with ~2600 masters or ~2800 diamond. So if you are getting matched with mostly masters or high diamond and winning, you are close to a promotion.


Good news for me, I just got matched against my first Masters player (and won!) then got matched against a ~2850ish diamond (and lost). Seems like I'm getting close to the promotion, just have to improve a tiny bit more!
RuN
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Brazil234 Posts
January 30 2011 03:53 GMT
#622
Ive been getting matched with 2800+ Diamond and 2400+ Masters now, I should be close. I will post here hopefully ill mass games tommorow and get it.

Currently have like 900 bonus pool? 125/94 and 2k points in diamond..let see.
My Portfolio ! http:/www.mgs3d.com
Terranium
Profile Joined February 2004
Turkmenistan144 Posts
January 31 2011 07:35 GMT
#623
Is it really true that all divisions in Master League are equal?

I notice some "pro" divisions like Templar Alpha, Lockwell Mu have over 20 3K+ players and 15+ top 200 players each division while there are only 5 3k players in my division Hellion Tango and only 3 of them are among top 200.

Some newly established master divisions are even crappier with no top 200 players and you can be no.1 with a 2600ish score.
TheOnlyOne
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany155 Posts
January 31 2011 07:38 GMT
#624
On January 31 2011 16:35 Terranium wrote:
Is it really true that all divisions in Master League are equal?

I notice some "pro" divisions like Templar Alpha, Lockwell Mu have over 20 3K+ players and 15+ top 200 players each division while there are only 5 3k players in my division Hellion Tango and only 3 of them are among top 200.

Some newly established master divisions are even crappier with no top 200 players and you can be no.1 with a 2600ish score.


Thats the "time" , not the difference in the divisions.

A "new" Master Division right now will be overall weaker, but theirs no modificator for points in Master compared to Diamant etc.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
January 31 2011 08:26 GMT
#625
On January 31 2011 16:35 Terranium wrote:
Is it really true that all divisions in Master League are equal?

I notice some "pro" divisions like Templar Alpha, Lockwell Mu have over 20 3K+ players and 15+ top 200 players each division while there are only 5 3k players in my division Hellion Tango and only 3 of them are among top 200.

Some newly established master divisions are even crappier with no top 200 players and you can be no.1 with a 2600ish score.


Well, that's kinda the point - in the "old" system the crappier divisions had worse players with "more" points compared to the better divisions. Now the worse divisions simply have only players with fewer points which is perfect the way it is. Divisions are completely irrelevant anyways, I have no idea why anybody would care about his division-ranking.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
ChThoniC
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States536 Posts
January 31 2011 08:57 GMT
#626
I'm so glad I finally made masters, and there's no division tiers that made me confused as to where I stood.
i c u
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
January 31 2011 09:21 GMT
#627
Does anyone has the stats of race composition in master league ? Because at the moment, I am only facing protoss and sometimes zerg. I've had a time where I faced 50% protoss 50% terran (winning all vs terran, loosing all against protoss) and now I only (I mean only, like 20 game in a row is 17 protoss and 3 zerg) face protoss.
My master league top 12 is 8 protoss 2 terran 2 zerg...

Does the MMR evolve only evolve around winning and loosing or does it count the match up ?
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
Get.Midikem
Profile Joined September 2006
Sweden312 Posts
January 31 2011 10:40 GMT
#628
How do you guys see whos new in to master league?
SovSov
Profile Joined September 2010
United States755 Posts
January 31 2011 11:14 GMT
#629
Every master league player I've been paired against has been Z. ZvZ is my worst match up so I lose . Now I'm not getting matched up against master anymore, so I'm worried I blew my chance. My ZvP and ZvT is 1000x better though (I regularly beat master Ts and Ps friends and randoms in KOTHs). I feel like I got ripped off It seems like those master Zergs have knocked my MMR back down to where I'm playing against people I can comfortably beat. I wonder when I'll get my next chance.. and I hope I don't get extremely unlucky again.
ParasitJonte
Profile Joined September 2004
Sweden1768 Posts
January 31 2011 11:49 GMT
#630
Promoted yesterday. Was ~1k diamond. Now ~900 master.

Wohoo
Hello=)
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
January 31 2011 16:07 GMT
#631
On January 31 2011 18:21 WhiteDog wrote:
Does anyone has the stats of race composition in master league ? Because at the moment, I am only facing protoss and sometimes zerg. I've had a time where I faced 50% protoss 50% terran (winning all vs terran, loosing all against protoss) and now I only (I mean only, like 20 game in a row is 17 protoss and 3 zerg) face protoss.
My master league top 12 is 8 protoss 2 terran 2 zerg...

Does the MMR evolve only evolve around winning and loosing or does it count the match up ?


It's only whether you win or lose (and the MMR of the opponent).
Moderator
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
January 31 2011 16:08 GMT
#632
finally been motherfuckin promoted. Was sitting at #1 diamond and playin against masters for like 2 weeks. Went from 2900 rank 1 diamond to 2600 rank 4 master.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
LagT_T
Profile Joined March 2010
Argentina535 Posts
January 31 2011 16:11 GMT
#633
On January 31 2011 20:14 SovSov wrote:
Every master league player I've been paired against has been Z. ZvZ is my worst match up so I lose . Now I'm not getting matched up against master anymore, so I'm worried I blew my chance. My ZvP and ZvT is 1000x better though (I regularly beat master Ts and Ps friends and randoms in KOTHs). I feel like I got ripped off It seems like those master Zergs have knocked my MMR back down to where I'm playing against people I can comfortably beat. I wonder when I'll get my next chance.. and I hope I don't get extremely unlucky again.


Or you can try to improve your ZvZ... Luck sometimes has nothing to do with it.
"The tactics... no. Amateurs discuss tactics, professional soldiers study logistics." - Tom Clancy, Red Storm Rising
Subterfuge
Profile Joined January 2011
Korea (South)11 Posts
February 01 2011 01:52 GMT
#634
Kind of an off-topic question, but what is the name of the first Masters division that was created in NA? The second? Is there a place on sc2ranks where I can list them using time created?
Fluent in both Korean and English. 북미에서 스2 잘 하시는 한국분들 쪽지해 주세요 같이해요~
Excalibur_Z
Profile Joined October 2002
United States12257 Posts
February 01 2011 01:57 GMT
#635
From what I remember in the Patch 1.2.0 thread, Tabrenus Zeta was #1, Lockwell Mu was #2, Templar Alpha was #3, and Argo X-Ray was #4.
Moderator
Shadowed
Profile Joined August 2010
United States679 Posts
February 01 2011 01:59 GMT
#636
I don't have the times offhand, but Excal is right. The first 10 in NA are:

Division Tabrenus Zeta
Division Lockwell Mu
Division Templar Alpha
Division Argo X-Ray
Division Kaloth Tau
Division Nahaan Lima
Division Void Ray Bravo
Division Nargil Epsilon
Division Siege Tank Sierra
Division Moria Romeo
Subterfuge
Profile Joined January 2011
Korea (South)11 Posts
February 01 2011 09:44 GMT
#637
Thanks for the info guys. Im in lockwell mu, and i remember playing my first game and winning it within ten minutes of bnet coming online and not getting promoted due to some bug, then winning my second game a few minutes later and getting promoted. I figured my division would be one of the first master league divisions. :p
Fluent in both Korean and English. 북미에서 스2 잘 하시는 한국분들 쪽지해 주세요 같이해요~
Jayrod
Profile Joined August 2010
1820 Posts
February 01 2011 18:20 GMT
#638
What does it take to get demoted from masters? Has anyone been sent back down to diamond? I think I'm like 5-11 over the past week. Looks like I might end up being the first!
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
February 01 2011 18:23 GMT
#639
ive played against high diamonds before who were demoted from masters, so you wont be the first.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
brutality
Profile Joined August 2010
United States167 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 18:51:41
February 01 2011 18:50 GMT
#640
On February 02 2011 03:20 Jayrod wrote:
What does it take to get demoted from masters? Has anyone been sent back down to diamond? I think I'm like 5-11 over the past week. Looks like I might end up being the first!


i pulled a morrow and lost an entire page worth in a row i didn't get demoted to diamond and still play the same level of people 2.7k-3k. chances are you won't get demoted, but besides the point you shouldn't be scared of getting demoted! play the game lol
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 38 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 128
Nathanias 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 583
910 27
MaD[AoV]24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox538
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4442
Other Games
summit1g9026
shahzam294
C9.Mang0256
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV232
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
Other Games
gamesdonequick13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21420
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur752
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 5m
Patches Events
17h 5m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.