• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:10
CEST 12:10
KST 19:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7038 users

Patch 1.2.0 on PTR - Page 107

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 158 Next
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
December 04 2010 18:52 GMT
#2121
I could have easily missed it but i know they fixes the hold-down way to mass produce on larve but it also changed for P and T also. You can no longer hold down any hotkeys (units or buildings) to make them. Is this a bug or is it going to stay like this?
http://www.starcraftdream.com
orcslayermac
Profile Joined July 2010
United States138 Posts
December 04 2010 18:58 GMT
#2122
On December 05 2010 03:28 .MadHaT wrote:
I've never macro'd units by holdin down the key, I've known of this being possible, but it always felt normal to me to just button spam in late game so I'm genuinly suprised how much everyone else is raging. It doesn't drastically alter your production speed, and it's not that difficult, just a bit more tedious. Every patch has people fearing change and running from their respective races "inevitable apocalypse".


But you ever wanted to morph 30 banelings at one time? Before this "fix" it takes a few seconds. After patch, you have to mash the E button and completely sacrifice any macro/micro you were doing.
It takes forever.

I've played about 15 games so far on the PTR and it makes zerg macro tedious and annoying. Especially when you're on 4+ bases with your econ in full swing. You really have to seriously sacrifice whatever you were planning on doing and just mash the r button and the H button and the whatever button just to make units! It's ridiculous. Protoss also have NOTHING to complain about. Every one I've talked to is "waaahhhh I have to warp in units and that takes clicking" Well you're not completely rebuilding your army every few minutes and clicking on the mouse button is MUCH easier mashing on the keyboard. Also, I can just go back to the fact that Protoss just does not make as many units as zerg, which no one can argue with.
Terran A+move... Right into my banelings? Yes please!
mizU
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States12125 Posts
December 04 2010 18:58 GMT
#2123
On December 05 2010 03:52 eNtitY~ wrote:
I could have easily missed it but i know they fixes the hold-down way to mass produce on larve but it also changed for P and T also. You can no longer hold down any hotkeys (units or buildings) to make them. Is this a bug or is it going to stay like this?


They said it affected all races. Which is only fair, I think.
if happy ever afters did exist <3 @watamizu_
chopchop1
Profile Joined July 2010
27 Posts
December 04 2010 19:00 GMT
#2124
has anyone figured out if its possible to hotkey to the mouse wheel with the new hotkey menu?

i want to bind 9 to mouse wheel up and 0 to mouse wheel down
VenerableSpace
Profile Joined May 2010
United States463 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 19:08:33
December 04 2010 19:07 GMT
#2125
On December 05 2010 03:58 orcslayermac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 03:28 .MadHaT wrote:
I've never macro'd units by holdin down the key, I've known of this being possible, but it always felt normal to me to just button spam in late game so I'm genuinly suprised how much everyone else is raging. It doesn't drastically alter your production speed, and it's not that difficult, just a bit more tedious. Every patch has people fearing change and running from their respective races "inevitable apocalypse".


But you ever wanted to morph 30 banelings at one time? Before this "fix" it takes a few seconds. After patch, you have to mash the E button and completely sacrifice any macro/micro you were doing.
It takes forever.

I've played about 15 games so far on the PTR and it makes zerg macro tedious and annoying. Especially when you're on 4+ bases with your econ in full swing. You really have to seriously sacrifice whatever you were planning on doing and just mash the r button and the H button and the whatever button just to make units! It's ridiculous. Protoss also have NOTHING to complain about. Every one I've talked to is "waaahhhh I have to warp in units and that takes clicking" Well you're not completely rebuilding your army every few minutes and clicking on the mouse button is MUCH easier mashing on the keyboard. Also, I can just go back to the fact that Protoss just does not make as many units as zerg, which no one can argue with.



I didnt know you could even hold down the key to do that, I had been doing it the proper way ever since wc3 and BW. Quit being a baby, and do it the way its supposed to be. holding down keys to make units shouldnt be allowed in the game, you are supposed to make sacrifices to try and balance micro and macro.

People have such pessimistic views, if any change you think will 100% break the game then you should feel confident that the change will not be implemented. Play on the PTR, see how things go, if you are having trouble then try to adjust to the best of your ability.

Quit whining.
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
December 04 2010 19:08 GMT
#2126
On December 05 2010 03:52 eNtitY~ wrote:
I could have easily missed it but i know they fixes the hold-down way to mass produce on larve but it also changed for P and T also. You can no longer hold down any hotkeys (units or buildings) to make them. Is this a bug or is it going to stay like this?

Maybe this makes me a pretty big newbie, but is holding down the hotkey good for any race except Zerg? As T you'll just queue up a bunch of crap in your rax or CC and waste huge amounts of resources doing that...
the farm ends here
Popsycle
Profile Joined September 2010
34 Posts
December 04 2010 19:09 GMT
#2127
I've alwas taped the key, ive never held it down; the change will be fine
rockslave
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Brazil318 Posts
December 04 2010 19:10 GMT
#2128
Amazing patch, except for FG. They took away half the fun of the unit...
But soooo many nice interface changes. Auto replay saving, oh yes. That's a bug fix imo =P.
What qxc said.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 19:19:52
December 04 2010 19:11 GMT
#2129
Am I mistaken or is Plunder Island the only blizzard map that doesn't have a gold mineral base? Kinda an ironic name, but that might be good to test. I also only count 3 bases for each side, gonna be a bitch for zerg late game. The rush distance will make it easier early on though. Terrain looks fun, if it had another 2 bases somewhere in the middle it would be a cool map. Sounds like it's from warcraft by the name. Just put in sin peaks blizzard, save yourself the trouble.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Mutaahh
Profile Joined June 2007
Netherlands859 Posts
December 04 2010 19:11 GMT
#2130
On December 05 2010 03:58 orcslayermac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 03:28 .MadHaT wrote:
I've never macro'd units by holdin down the key, I've known of this being possible, but it always felt normal to me to just button spam in late game so I'm genuinly suprised how much everyone else is raging. It doesn't drastically alter your production speed, and it's not that difficult, just a bit more tedious. Every patch has people fearing change and running from their respective races "inevitable apocalypse".


But you ever wanted to morph 30 banelings at one time? Before this "fix" it takes a few seconds. After patch, you have to mash the E button and completely sacrifice any macro/micro you were doing.
It takes forever.

I've played about 15 games so far on the PTR and it makes zerg macro tedious and annoying. Especially when you're on 4+ bases with your econ in full swing. You really have to seriously sacrifice whatever you were planning on doing and just mash the r button and the H button and the whatever button just to make units! It's ridiculous. Protoss also have NOTHING to complain about. Every one I've talked to is "waaahhhh I have to warp in units and that takes clicking" Well you're not completely rebuilding your army every few minutes and clicking on the mouse button is MUCH easier mashing on the keyboard. Also, I can just go back to the fact that Protoss just does not make as many units as zerg, which no one can argue with.


i never used holding down anyway... so i dont care at all
I want to fly
lowercase
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1047 Posts
December 04 2010 19:11 GMT
#2131
On December 05 2010 03:27 King of Blades wrote:

Show nested quote +
Oh, and zergs complaining about the hold-down key fix? Chill, winston. At least you don't have to manually place units on the field each and every time you build units. No queues? Cry me a river.


One huge difference.
You don't lose at least 25 stalkers and 40 or so zealots in EVERY battle.
If we win a battle without massive losses on our part, it's a fucking miracle, or you made a really stupid and horrible mistake.
If we win a battle without massive losses, if usually ends the game, cause our army comes back faster, we'll be 200/200 before you're 120/100.

I'm going to re-comment:

However many units I lose in a battle, it doesn't affect how many I warp in. Unless I'm maxed out at 200/200, I always warp in my units every warp cycle, like clockwork. Like when I play zerg I spawn larvae at all my hatches like clockwork and like terran I spawn mules... well, not like clockwork. Sometimes it's good to save energy for scans.
That is not dead which can eternal lie...
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
December 04 2010 19:11 GMT
#2132
lol at zergs crying about having to actually press a button more than 1 time to build stuff. I guess this is why basically every zerg is a macro monster, cuz it's just so easy anyone can do it.
Marines > everything
Ratel
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada184 Posts
December 04 2010 19:12 GMT
#2133
for those of you who are crying about fungal growth most of you probably never even get the infestors because of the success of the roaches and mutas
MasterFischer
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark836 Posts
December 04 2010 19:13 GMT
#2134
I'm glad that zerg macro can slow down abit, because at this stage, it's just too much.

If you let zerg be alone for a while, they just spawn into a monster of an army..

and all this happens with just a few clicks :s... well not im not surprised ;D

It might actually make it easier to kill zerg in TvZ now, because of lower macro :D
WHO is this who speaks to me as though I needed his advice?
Welmu
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Finland3295 Posts
December 04 2010 19:17 GMT
#2135
On December 05 2010 04:11 Rah wrote:
Am I mistaken or is Plunder Island the only blizzard map that doesn't have a gold mineral base? Kinda an ironic name, but that might be good to test. I also only count 3 bases for each side, gonna be a bitch for zerg. Terrain looks fun though, if it had another 2 bases somewhere in the middle it would be a cool map. Sounds like it's from warcraft by the name.

There is no Gold Minerals on Shakuras Platseu also ^^
Progamertwitter.com/welmu1 | twitch.com/Welmu1
Endorsed
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1221 Posts
December 04 2010 19:19 GMT
#2136
On December 05 2010 03:58 orcslayermac wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2010 03:28 .MadHaT wrote:
I've never macro'd units by holdin down the key, I've known of this being possible, but it always felt normal to me to just button spam in late game so I'm genuinly suprised how much everyone else is raging. It doesn't drastically alter your production speed, and it's not that difficult, just a bit more tedious. Every patch has people fearing change and running from their respective races "inevitable apocalypse".


But you ever wanted to morph 30 banelings at one time? Before this "fix" it takes a few seconds. After patch, you have to mash the E button and completely sacrifice any macro/micro you were doing.
It takes forever.

I've played about 15 games so far on the PTR and it makes zerg macro tedious and annoying. Especially when you're on 4+ bases with your econ in full swing. You really have to seriously sacrifice whatever you were planning on doing and just mash the r button and the H button and the whatever button just to make units! It's ridiculous. Protoss also have NOTHING to complain about. Every one I've talked to is "waaahhhh I have to warp in units and that takes clicking" Well you're not completely rebuilding your army every few minutes and clicking on the mouse button is MUCH easier mashing on the keyboard. Also, I can just go back to the fact that Protoss just does not make as many units as zerg, which no one can argue with.


Good, late game zerg nerf. Nice, very much needed.
fdsdfg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1251 Posts
December 04 2010 19:20 GMT
#2137
On December 05 2010 04:12 snicp wrote:
for those of you who are crying about fungal growth most of you probably never even get the infestors because of the success of the roaches and mutas


What the hell does this even mean? The infestor nerf is fine because... roaches and mutas exist?

On December 05 2010 04:11 vnlegend wrote:
lol at zergs crying about having to actually press a button more than 1 time to build stuff. I guess this is why basically every zerg is a macro monster, cuz it's just so easy anyone can do it.


See, we don't have a regular unit queue like terran or protoss. Zerg production hinges on spawn larvae, which occurs at long intervals in high numbers. The whole point of Zerg is that a 200/200 army will lose against any other race's, but it's fast to rebuild that army.

This doesn't change - what DOES change is that now Zerg players have to furiously mash a button whenever they want to produce something. I've often times queued up 40 zergling pairs and it took about 10 seconds. That's 10 seconds sitting there unable to do anything - I may as well be answering the phone and telling someone to call me back later.

On December 05 2010 04:09 Popsycle wrote:
I've alwas taped the key, ive never held it down; the change will be fine


As someone said before, this is a really stupid outlook. It's like if forcefield was removed, you say "I never knew forcefield existed, so the change will be fine."

There are more people other than you playing, and they might rely on this mechanic.
aka Siyko
summerloud
Profile Joined March 2010
Austria1201 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-04 19:37:56
December 04 2010 19:33 GMT
#2138
im not sure i can fully agree with this patch. i like all the changes except for fungal growth not working on air, that along with the decreased phoenix build time might make phoenix totally dominate zerg :/

observer and hallucination changes are very very nice, basically exactly what lots of ppl including me have been suggesting for a long time now

also, i was really looking forward to a stim / storm change like they said, something that could have really made pvt games last longer than 10 minutes, improve toss early and terran late game

no more flux vanes is a really good idea. void rays are too powerful to be that fast, plus it just looks silly for them to be that fast anyways, doesnt suit the unit concept imho

i also like that they removed the 2-pylon wallin, that shit was way too cheesy. does anyone know if you can still move through a solid 3 pylon walling by cancelling a pylon?

and making macro tedious again is certainly the wrong way, especially since this will mainly hurt zerg. theres gotta be better ways to balance the game than to make it into a clickfest for one race
Snicklefritz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada19 Posts
December 04 2010 19:36 GMT
#2139
Kewl, i get to hope the protoss i'm playing against doesn't have decent pheonix micro or he'll just micro his ball of phenoix into my ball of muta and eat them. Or go hydra, build 10 of them, and then stop so he doesn't melt my army literally, with colossi.
lowercase
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1047 Posts
December 04 2010 19:36 GMT
#2140
How did they fix the wall-in by the way?
That is not dead which can eternal lie...
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 158 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko137
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3395
Britney 3299
Calm 2293
Hyuk 1360
Bisu 852
Soma 346
Rush 300
Horang2 255
BeSt 221
Mong 175
[ Show more ]
Stork 157
Jaedong 134
Sexy 120
FanTaSy 118
ToSsGirL 72
Mind 65
ZerO 53
Killer 44
Pusan 35
Barracks 27
Shinee 27
Yoon 23
sorry 19
Hm[arnc] 16
NaDa 16
Noble 14
yabsab 14
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4737
Counter-Strike
olofmeister809
shoxiejesuss673
byalli658
edward24
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
gofns41869
singsing1217
ceh9677
dupreeh308
crisheroes238
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1662
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.